Loews Card ?

I am pretty sure it is per night. We wanted this upgrade at Christmas and none was available, so they upgraded us to CL for $25 per night. IMHO, I didn't feel it was worth it.

Originally posted by ozziewags
I am pretty sure it is per night. We wanted this upgrade at Christmas and none was available, so they upgraded us to CL for $25 per night. IMHO, I didn't feel it was worth it.

Why didn't you feel the upgrade was worth it? What is included at CL? Which hotel did you stay at?

We stayed at Hard Rock. They offer continental breakfast items in the morning, appetizers in the late afternoon and cookies at night. We didn't get back for the appetizers and the cookies were oreos and chips ahoy. Breakfast was fine, all we needed. It was usually so crowded that there was no where to sit. Some of the parents had thier kids put their cookies back in the bowl because they thought they took too many. Fine for discipline, but not fine for sanitation!
The CL at the Swan at Disney was sooo much better. It was comfortable, well-presented, well taken care of and had much better selection and the cookies were home-made.......yum. I know....... I guess I am a snob!

:wave: Hi Renee,

The last time we got the upgrade we were charged $35 extra one time only for a 3 night stay. I'm hoping we get lucky again in March!

Originally posted by JessicaR
:The last time we got the upgrade we were charged $35 extra one time only for a 3 night stay. I'm hoping we get lucky again in March!

Im hoping to get lucky too!
Oh and the $35 upgrade too ;)

I have just applied for my Loews card?
Will I be able to use and benefit from wine/papers......etc... on my first visit or do you only get this benefit on your second stay?
Thanks

You should get the perks on your first visit! I hope you have better luck than we did. I had to call down and ask where it was, then the night before we left they brought it, but it wasn't what I had asked for upon checkin. Oh well.

We are staying at HRH the end of May. I applied for the Loewe's card. What are the chances of us getting a room upgrade on our first visit? We currently have standard garden view. Would you consider the upgrade to be a standard pool view or a deluxe? Thanks!

If it's a holiday period, not very good. If not, it's luck of the draw.
Have a great time!

I plan to book my room at RPH via a UK travel agent (part of a package deal). If I show my Loews card - if I receive it - upon arrival will I qualify for the benefits?
Or will i be exempt as I used a travel agent?
CJ

cjc,

If you havent received your card before you go just take the # with you and give that at check-in. You or your travel agent can call and have it added to your reservation as well. Have Fun! :)

Sorry but excuse my ignorance - what is the # reference that you refer to?
I applied online and havent been given any reference number.
CJ

cjc Sorry but excuse my ignorance - what is the # reference that you refer to?

I'm sorry for not being more specific:) Call this phone #
1.800.LOEWS12 and give them your name. They will give you your membership number over the phone. You can take that number with you and also call the resort and apply it to your reservation.

Hi! I just made reservations for my brother for two nights at the RPH, and put it on my Visa. (He doesn't have a credit card and is very shy.) Anyone know if I can add my Loews membership # to his reservation? Thanks!

Help!
Six months ago, I arranged for WDW & USO packages thru my TA at AAA for 9/03. Two months ago I applied for a Loew's card after reading about it on these boards and I just received it. I asked my TA to call her contact at USO to add my card number to the reservation. The USO rep added the number to the ressie but said that the upgrades and bennies were not given if you have a package. Has anyone had a package thru a TA and then presented their Loew's card at check-in and still received the upgrade? Thanks.

I will also be interested in a reply to the above question.
I live in the UK and booked 6 nights at RPH for next year via Travelcity (travel agent). Today recieved my Loews card and was hoping for the benefits on my first visit.
Although I've booked via a travel agent - would you suggest nearer the time I send a polite fax to the hotel giving my membership number and hope for the best?

Also it says you can may get a free upgrade to a business room - but RPH dont do these rooms - any advice

Thanks

I made reservations for 4 nights in August. I am a Loews card holder but got a cheaper Garden View Room with the Entertainment rate. Am I still entitled to a free upgrade?

Also, have any of you ever tried tipping the receptionist? I was thinking of offering $20.00 for a Pool View upgrade and $40.00 for a larger upgrade. Any thoughts?

Eric

These boards are the best! I used them to plan our Disney Cruise and now for RPH! I have learned so much! Thanks!

Now to the question: I called and got the Entertainment rate of $110 for standard and then called and got the Loew's card. I called back to give them my card #. They put the card # on my reservation but said we weren't entitled to any card benefits because of the rate. Has anyone else been told this?
We are big Disney fans and hope to have the same great experience with RPH as we do staying on WDW property.

Thanks again!
Joyce

Is anyone a Loew's Platinum member? I finally received my platinum card (took eight weeks and a couple of phone calls) and was wondering what platinum level gets you at the resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter