• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Loews Card ?

I'm a Platinum Lowes member and would like to know the same thing!

I was told by Loews that I wasn't elligible for any benefits with the Entertainment rates as well.

She also so I would not receive benefits if I used the Annual Pass or Fan Club rates.

Basically...if you use a "card" of some sort to book your rate, you are not entitled to anything else.

Patti

I wonder if that's the "official" Loews response because I've had a different experience. At the Portofino we've used ap discounts, at the HRH I used an on-line booking agency (hotel kingdom.com) and both times have received the welcome gift. But I know others have had trouble at the HRH when they used the entertainment book rate. I always look on it as a lucky perk when we get it!

When I booked ent rate at RPR last Aug they wouldn't even take my Loew's #, also stating very emphatically that I would not be entitled to any of my Loew's perks with that rate. But, when I checked in, I simply pulled out my Loews card and handed it to the young woman, reminding her that I was a Loew's member - and she handed me back a form asking which perk and paper I would like to receive - I had to call down to the desk again the following day because my wine had not been delivered, but when we came back from dinner there was a very decent bottle of wine on ice with two glasses - so my advice is to just present your card at check in and see if they turn you down there - never hurts to ask! (I'd rather take a 'no' from the front desk than from the agent on the phone):smooth:

I am staying at Portofino in August. I just went to Loews and applied fior a card. We have $180 per night for a deluxe room on the entertainment book. Will we be eligible for an upgrade with the loews card and will we still receive the perks?

I have been put on hold endlessly at the Loews number for the Loews First card. Is this the norm? I really wanted to push along my membership since my trip is less than two months away.

Thanks.

Finally got through! I have reserved for July 19 a Garden View Room at the Portofino for $155 Entertainment rate. They also had Bay View ($170) and Deluxe ($180). I almost got the Bay View but they said the Garden View would be quieter. Do you all agree?

They did take my (new) Loews number and noted that we are celebrating my son's 14th birthday.

Any thoughts about what they may do for his birthday, if anything?

Originally posted by DisnyMik
These boards are the best! I used them to plan our Disney Cruise and now for RPH! I have learned so much! Thanks!

Now to the question: I called and got the Entertainment rate of $110 for standard and then called and got the Loew's card. I called back to give them my card #. They put the card # on my reservation but said we weren't entitled to any card benefits because of the rate. Has anyone else been told this?
We are big Disney fans and hope to have the same great experience with RPH as we do staying on WDW property.

Thanks again!
Joyce

The operator willingly put my new Loews number into my reservation at the Portofino the other day.

I have called Loews and Universal reservations and they do not know about the updated perks. I am currently trying to get a Loews customer service rep.

I am platinum and called to make a reservation and they told me a comp upgrade to a suite is not guarenteed. I pointed out that the web site said it was at time of reservation if the suites are available and since they had just told me they are available I am entitled to one. I spoke to Elijah in customer service and he is trying to straighten this out for me. I just got a call from special services and they said that a suite is not available. I told them that I was just offered a suite and that my reservation is for 11 months from now WE know that there is a suite available. I have now been called back 4 times and I still do noy have an answer. The people I am dealing with are polite they just do not seem to have knowledge of the Loews first changes.Just got off the phone again, I was able to secure a suite. this was after 7 phone calls. Hopefully once everyone becomes more familar with the changes this will be easier.

Can you keep us updated on your situation? I'm also Loews Platinum and it would be nice to be upgraded to a suite at the time of reservation (if available) like the website says.

mattkatie7,
Did you make reservations using any kind of discount rate (Fan Club, Entertainment, etc.)? If so, did you have a hard time getting the suite upgrade because of your discount rate? also, what kind of suite did you get upgraded to? Thanks for the information.

First I'd like to sayI think the Loews First changes are great. I'm currently a Gold member and was told I could book a Club room @ the HRH for the deluxe room rate for my July stay. However, the rate I have with Hotel Kingdom is still substantially cheaper and since I am booking 2 rooms I will stick with that rate. Our last stay at the HRH was through Hotel Kingdom and I still received my Loews First amenities. I think with the upgrades to the program they might have to become more diligent in enforcing the program rules, ie only those staying at published rates will enjoy the Loews benefits, I suppose time will tell. If I'm correct ,I certainly will miss my cookies and milk :(
Carol

I'm currently a Gold member and was told I could book a Club room @ the HRH for the deluxe room rate for my July stay.
Was that booking at Loews standard rate or a discounted rate such as Fan Club, Entertainment, etc.?

There were no discount rates available for the time frame, yet.Discounts should not make it harder to get a suite because the web sit does not state suite upgrades are only available at rack rates.I plan on checking the web site to see if they lower the rates. This year it was possible to get a room at the HR for 169.I forgot ,I got upgrade to a kid's suite.

mattkatie7,
I was just going to ask what suite you were upgraded to...you must have read my mind!

JOC
The upgrade offered was based on the rack rate for the deluxe room of $289. I also inquired about the 4th night free promotion and was told that that rate was not eligible for the upgrade. Paying $221 and change for our dates through Hotel Kingdom so I'm sticking with them and hoping to get the perks( welcome gift and late checkout) too! The funny thing is if it weren't for these boards and someone recommending Hotel Kingdom I would have been extremely happy with the Loews rates. Before these boards I aways paid rack rates for our twice yearly trips to Florida but not anymore!
Carol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter