Let the memories (of our May 2011 trip) begin! *UPDATED SEPT. 18th- LINK to NEW TR!*

I like the window. :thumbsup2 I was at POP the same time and never saw any windows decorated. Well just the few towel animals that people had but other than that nothing.

DAY 2- FRIDAY- MAY 13TH 2011- MAKING THE MOST OF OUR DAY AT HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS AND LUNCH AT STARRING ROLLS.

On our two previous trips we never made it to the Indiana Jones stunt show. My husband had never seen the show and was really looking forward to it so I wanted to make sure we would catch the first show of the day at 11h30 am.

As soon as we finished our drawing class we crossed to the Indiana Jones theater and found great seats.

All excited:

249911_2119610226806_1142283436_2564474_2636588_n.jpg

Now as soon as the show started Beatriz' mood started to change. The music and the stunts were making her scared and the big ball rolling Indiana Jones over was the last drop in the bucket. The girl started crying and shaking in fear so I told Joey to finish the show and I was going to bring her to the back. Once she calmed down she looked at me with the most concerned eyes and asked: "What happened to the cowboy?" :rotfl2:

Poor thing.

We encourage the little ones to "believe the magic" and that is exactly what she did!!! She was freaking out and really thought the whole thing was real. I stayed with her in the back for the rest of the show but every time there was a fight scene or explosions she got really nervous. I guess we will wait until she is older and understands the concept of "action movies" before we bring her back to this attraction.

Joey enjoyed the show a lot and I was happy he finally got to experience it.

So by now we were hungry and ready for lunch. And we knew EXACTLY where we wanted to eat: Starring Rolls.

I :lovestruc that place! Starring Rolls is part of my "Top Three Best Counter Service Restaurants in all over WDW" list.

Here is our meal:

254404_2119609466787_1142283436_2564471_1876188_n.jpg

250422_2119608506763_1142283436_2564468_168438_n.jpg

For Joey: Black Forrest Ham sandwich, a bottle of water, a bag of chips and a dessert. All for 1 counter service credit.

246890_2119607826746_1142283436_2564465_7350369_n.jpg

For myself: Turkey sandwich, a diet coke, a banana (you can get a fresh fruit as a "side dish" and I always get one to eat later) and a dessert also for one counter service credit.

254975_2119606226706_1142283436_2564459_6795050_n.jpg

They do NOT have many options for kids. The only sandwich available was a peanut butter & jelly one and Beatriz did not like it at all. :sad2: I think it was too sweet. We ended up bringing her sandwich with us and Joey had it later.

She did enjoy her apple sauce and cookie and ate off our sandwiches instead:

252468_2119609866797_1142283436_2564473_2713172_n.jpg

Her meal also came with a big bottle of orange juice which she went on peeing off in small installments for the rest of the day. :rotfl:

250157_2119607466737_1142283436_2564464_2045677_n.jpg

The desserts:

251793_2119608946774_1142283436_2564469_323452_n.jpg

Joey had the butterfinger cupcake (the one I had last year and LOVED it) and he did not regret it. I am telling you, that thing should win an award!

250143_2119605906698_1142283436_2564458_44429_n.jpg

I had the red velvet cheesecake cupcake that was incredibly tasty but still was not as good as the butterfinger one.

248695_2119605626691_1142283436_2564457_2670520_n.jpg

So after this amazing lunch we went toward the Star Tours attraction. It was still one week away from official opening day and I wanted to see if there was any sort of soft opening going on. Unfortunately, everything was quite and there was just a CM in front of the attraction repeating over and over that the attraction would be opened on the 20th of May. Too bad we were leaving on the 19th...

The jedi academy was going on but Beatriz got scared of Darth Vader so we moved on:

249644_2119135054927_1142283436_2563680_835247_n.jpg

Next up, Joey's favorite show:

246904_2119133694893_1142283436_2563675_1603344_n.jpg

253969_2119132614866_1142283436_2563671_7987371_n.jpg

I never really got into the Muppet Show because they did not play it in Brazil when I was growing up. I do remember the Muppet Babies cartoon though. Remember that??

Joey loves Kermit and Animal the most and he gets a kick out of those hecklers every time.

However, before we made it into the theater Beatriz went CRAZY around that Ms Piggy fountain!

248279_2119132774870_1142283436_2563672_1567251_n.jpg

253624_2119133174880_1142283436_2563673_7029866_n.jpg

The girl loves water and if she couldn't jump right into the fountain she made sure she would at least make the most out of it! She ended up soaking wet. Since it was still very hot outside I let her play and then I just twisted her dress a bit and let it dry on her body. Trust me, it did not take very long.

There was no wait for the Muppet Show AT ALL and we walked straight into a half empty theater. Where was everybody?? Not that I was complaining or anything...

254447_2119605306683_1142283436_2564455_7494830_n.jpg

After the show:
254172_2119604946674_1142283436_2564454_7805431_n.jpg

247232_2119604586665_1142283436_2564453_5702168_n.jpg

250047_2119603626641_1142283436_2564449_1936766_n.jpg

Near the exit of the Muppet Show there was some construction going on. I could tell it was something related to Phineas and Ferb but at the time I was not sure of what it was. I did some research online today and I found this. It is an interactive meet and greet area that opened on May, 29th. We will know for next time.

254171_2119603866647_1142283436_2564450_4947602_n.jpg

So then we looked for Lightning Mc Queen and Tow Mater for a picture but did not find them at their usual spot. When we asked the CM she said they were out shooting a movie. :lmao:

They do have an explanation for everything, don't they??

Next up:
More Hollywood Studios
Meal At Kouzzina

Aaw poor Beatriz...hopefully she'll feel differently about it when she's a bit older.

Mmm...Starring Rolls! All the food looks delish and can't wait to eat here.

I remember watching The Muppet Show though not Muppet Babies.

Love the fountain photos and lol at the explanation given for Lightening McQueen and Tow Mater not being in their usual spots!

playing a bit of catch up...

that ice cream sandwich looks amazing! i'm definitely going to have to try it next trip.

I'm with you, i love Spectro the best

Don't worry about the hormones, we all have them! My youngest is almost 2 & a half and i still cry at the Johnson't baby commercials :lmao:

I really like your window decoration.

The animation studios looks great! I really wanted to do this but DH was afraid it would irritate DD if she couldn't perfect her drawing.

I can't wait for you to post more of your trip report! It looks like you all had such an amazing vacation and its only on the second day. haha It's a bummer that you didn't see more windows decorated at Pop. :sad2:

I couldn't help but giggling at all of the potty breaks, but only because I know we will be having the same problem in September. Actually.... I'm more worried about a lot of accidents because my son won't want to tell me that he has to potty. :headache: He never wants to miss any of the action. :confused3

Love the pics from Hollywood Studios and your room decorations :) Clever idea :) Also too bad you didn't get on the new star wars ride. It opened on my brothers birthday which is funny because he really enjoys star wars. He will be the first person in our family able to ride the new ride because he will be there for his honeymoon over christmas.

Nice update! I'm so craving those cupcakes from Starring Rolls. :lmao: and it's only 7AM. I could have one of those for breakfast..... butterfinger.

Great Room Decorations!

I'm glad Joey got a chance to see the Indy show. My youngest was obsessed with Indiana Jones, so we saw the show twice in 2008. The last couple of years, my DH took the boys while I got my girl on- in 2009 I solo-ed at Beauty and Beast and last year I watched Voyage of the Little Mermaid for the first time.

Yummy-looking lunch at Starring Rolls. Only time I have been there was to get the Brown Derby's Grapefruit cake- which was ok, but mmmm those cupcakes look delish.

I am with Joey on the Muppets- Animal is my favorite!!! Ask him if he knows the name of the Muppet house band

(Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem)- I'm a trivia freak!

Already drooling thinking about your meal at Kouzzina. One of the restaurants at Disney that I really want to try!

PS- thought of you last weekend. NKOTBSB played at Fenway Park on Saturday. I remember you wrote you like the band. :)

I am totally in love with your TR! Hope you don't mind if I tag along?

Your DD is adorable! I love your DH's Animal shirt. I've never been in Starring Rolls (planned to go for a cupcake this year, but "later" never happened), your sandwiches looked soooo good! Sorry that you missed Star Tours (all the more reason to go back, right?). Can't wait to hear more!! popcorn::

Starring Rolls looks yummy as usual. Too bad Beatriz didn't like her meal. I have heard that you can use child cs credits for adult meals, but it won't work if you do it altogether. Since you have 2 adults,1 child and you ring them up together it wouldn't work. I don't know if that is actually true so I would get Dh to take Caitlin and pay for his CS meal separately and then pay for the other 2 meals by myself.

Love the pictures near the Muppet area. I :love: this show. DH doesn't understand why we need to do it each trip, but this is one I always insist on.

I wish we got to see Phineas and Ferb. They were supposed to open while we were there but right before the trip they pushed back the release date.:sad1:

I remember Muppet Babies ;)

Weren't they cute? My favorite one was Gonzo! What about you?

Aaw poor Beatriz...hopefully she'll feel differently about it when she's a bit older.

Mmm...Starring Rolls! All the food looks delish and can't wait to eat here.

I remember watching The Muppet Show though not Muppet Babies.

Love the fountain photos and lol at the explanation given for Lightening McQueen and Tow Mater not being in their usual spots!

I guess that is the thing with travelling with kids at different ages. What they fear one year they might not the next and they sometimes grow out of things they used to like. Your trip is never the same no matter how many times you go back.

You will love Starring Rolls... specially the desserts. ;)

Look up for Muppet Babies on Youtube. They were REALLY cute.

And that is something I love about Disney. They never go "out of character". No matter who you talk to.

playing a bit of catch up...

that ice cream sandwich looks amazing! i'm definitely going to have to try it next trip.

I'm with you, i love Spectro the best

Don't worry about the hormones, we all have them! My youngest is almost 2 & a half and i still cry at the Johnson't baby commercials :lmao:

I really like your window decoration.

The animation studios looks great! I really wanted to do this but DH was afraid it would irritate DD if she couldn't perfect her drawing.

The ice cream sandwich is awesome. You won't regret going for it.

The crying situation has gotten better by now but every now and then I still surprise myself with some unexpected tears. :sad2:

The window decoration can be a nice little family project before the trip. We enjoyed spending time together making it and we were proud to hang it on our window.

I am sure your daughter would do great on the drawing lessons. The CM said if you can hold a pencil you can do a good job! :thumbsup2

Loving your trip report so far! Can't wait to hear more!

:welcome: Hope you stick around.

P.S: Your Daughter is adorable!

Thanks. She is our pride and joy. :goodvibes

I can't wait for you to post more of your trip report! It looks like you all had such an amazing vacation and its only on the second day. haha It's a bummer that you didn't see more windows decorated at Pop. :sad2:

I couldn't help but giggling at all of the potty breaks, but only because I know we will be having the same problem in September. Actually.... I'm more worried about a lot of accidents because my son won't want to tell me that he has to potty. :headache: He never wants to miss any of the action. :confused3

Thanks and welcome. There are many more nice memories to come. I just need to find the time to sit down and write them down. Hopefully I will have the chance to update this weekend.

The potty breaks were always in the most inconvenient times. It is likes she senses it... even at home whenever I bring her out,it never fails. You don't want to know how many times I have had to storm out a dressing room in a clothing store to bring her to the bathroom... :rotfl:

I think the best thing is to force some potty breaks in between rides. I don't know why I did not think of that when we were there.:confused3 I hope it works out for you...

Love the pics from Hollywood Studios and your room decorations :) Clever idea :) Also too bad you didn't get on the new star wars ride. It opened on my brothers birthday which is funny because he really enjoys star wars. He will be the first person in our family able to ride the new ride because he will be there for his honeymoon over christmas.

We were said about missing out on the Star Tours fun too. But I guess now we have yet another excuse to go back. I have read it is a really cool ride. I am sure your brother will love it, specially if he enjoys Star Wars. I am not a huge fan of the Star Wars fan so I am sure I wouldn't fully get all the little details but apparently all the Star Wars geeks have approved it.

Nice update! I'm so craving those cupcakes from Starring Rolls. :lmao: and it's only 7AM. I could have one of those for breakfast..... butterfinger.

Trust me. I could have that for breakfast, lunch and super. ;)

Great Room Decorations!

I'm glad Joey got a chance to see the Indy show. My youngest was obsessed with Indiana Jones, so we saw the show twice in 2008. The last couple of years, my DH took the boys while I got my girl on- in 2009 I solo-ed at Beauty and Beast and last year I watched Voyage of the Little Mermaid for the first time.

Yummy-looking lunch at Starring Rolls. Only time I have been there was to get the Brown Derby's Grapefruit cake- which was ok, but mmmm those cupcakes look delish.

I am with Joey on the Muppets- Animal is my favorite!!! Ask him if he knows the name of the Muppet house band

(Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem)- I'm a trivia freak!

Already drooling thinking about your meal at Kouzzina. One of the restaurants at Disney that I really want to try!

PS- thought of you last weekend. NKOTBSB played at Fenway Park on Saturday. I remember you wrote you like the band. :)

Thank you! We had fun doing our decorations and we always nice to see it hanging on our window every time we got back to our room.

That is such a smart idea to be able to split so you can have some girl time. I have friends that want to come to Disney with us next time and they have a boy. I think that is what we will have to do instead of dragging him to see the princesses with us...

I am telling... those cupcakes taste as good as they look. The Brown Derby's grapefruit are legendary! I never knew you could get it at Starring Rolls. Something else to add on my list .

I have forgotten to ask Joey your trivia question but I certainly will. He is dying to see the new Muppet movie coming out later this year. It looks really good. Have you seen the previews?

The NKOTB playds in Montreal on June 7th but I could not make it. :( I have been following the coverage of their tour and I am dying to go see it myself. They will be back here in August and I already bought my tickets. :dance3:

As for Kouzzina, let,s just say it did not disappoint. ;)

I am totally in love with your TR! Hope you don't mind if I tag along?

Your DD is adorable! I love your DH's Animal shirt. I've never been in Starring Rolls (planned to go for a cupcake this year, but "later" never happened), your sandwiches looked soooo good! Sorry that you missed Star Tours (all the more reason to go back, right?). Can't wait to hear more!! popcorn::

Are you kidding me?? I love to get to know whoever is reading the TR. Welcome and I hope you stick around.

That Animal is probably one of Joey's favorite too. He wears it all the time. He had bought a Kermit one a couple of years ago but now it is too big on him.

Too bad you never got to taste a cupcake. They are as good as they look.

If there is one thing I am finally learning about touring the parks is that "later" practically never happens. When you see something you want or an attraction you want to ride just jump in right away because chances are you won't get another chance. There is just too much to see!! I guess this is how they "get us". There is always a reason to come back. :woohoo:

I cannot wait for them to announce the dates of the opening of the expansion of Fantasyland. Star Tours and Fantasyland are my two biggest excuses to start planning another trip soon.

Starring Rolls looks yummy as usual. Too bad Beatriz didn't like her meal. I have heard that you can use child cs credits for adult meals, but it won't work if you do it altogether. Since you have 2 adults,1 child and you ring them up together it wouldn't work. I don't know if that is actually true so I would get Dh to take Caitlin and pay for his CS meal separately and then pay for the other 2 meals by myself.

Love the pictures near the Muppet area. I :love: this show. DH doesn't understand why we need to do it each trip, but this is one I always insist on.

I wish we got to see Phineas and Ferb. They were supposed to open while we were there but right before the trip they pushed back the release date.:sad1:

I never knew that trick for the CS meals. Thanks for the info. :thumbsup2 I do not think Beatriz had ever tried a PBJ sandwich before and it was not to her taste. I don't blame her. Our sandwiches looked a lot more appetizing than her pre packaged little thing.

I think that Muppet area is one of the most pleasant places in all over Disney. There is something really special about it. Every time I am there I tell myself I would like to eat at Mama Melrose one day. Maybe next time...

That was too bad about Phineas and Ferb. It looks like a fun meet and greet.

DAY 2- FRIDAY- MAY, 13TH 2011- MORE HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS AND PIXAR PARADE

I had written in my PTR that I would have liked to do the Studio Backlot Tour at some point during our DHS day but in view of Beatriz' recent reaction to thrills and explosions I decided to skip it again. :(

It's ok. There is always next time... ;)

And with Lightning Mc Queen missing in action it was the perfect opportunity to get some more princess time. Beauty and the Beast _ Live on Stage was going to start soon at 2 pm so we had to cross the park once more.

But not before some picture time at Streets of America:
254289_2119602906623_1142283436_2564446_839522_n.jpg

That one made me think of our trip to San Francisco in 2008:
215580_1058918590178_1142283436_166094_5856_n.jpg

So we got to the Beauty and the Beast theater just as the show was about to start and still managed to get some great seats.:thumbsup2 But guess what happened as soon as the show started??

That is right! Someone had to go to the bathroom! :rolleyes:

So once again I had to get up and run to the closest bathroom with her. Thank goodness we were allowed to get out and back into the theater without consequences... I know things would have been different if this was the Nemo show for example.

Just in time for "Be Our Guest":
246889_2119132334859_1142283436_2563670_408817_n.jpg

246671_2119602506613_1142283436_2564445_7414560_n.jpg

I LOVE this show. Never get tired of it. My favorite character is Lumiere. I love the way he mixes English and French words in his sentences. You could swear he is from Montreal... :laughing:

At the end of the show it was time to take the picture in our "family spot".

Feb, 2009:
n1142283436_360889_1864925.jpg

May, 2010:
31173_1487831472732_1142283436_1401386_4522940_n.jpg

And here is our attempt for 2011:
246862_2119601946599_1142283436_2564442_2498004_n.jpg

Beatriz wasn't cooperating. The sun was in her face and she was hot and more interested in jumping in that water. Posing this time was... say... a bit of a struggle. This was the best we were able to get. :sad2: I would have liked it to be a little closer but we knew it was not going to happen.

By now we were hot and sticky and on the verge of a meltdown so I decided it was time to cool off. Last year I was dying for a frozen lemonade to watch the 3 o clock parade but wasn't able to find one. This time I made my homework and I knew exactly where to find one: Anaheim Produce! Unfortunately, no pictures.

So with our refreshments in hand we went to Hollywood Boulevard and found a great spot to see the Pixar Pals Countdown to Fun Parade. Last year Beatriz had fallen asleep and missed the parade but this time she was ready to go:

254089_2119128854772_1142283436_2563656_2766006_n.jpg

I really liked the new parade. We got to see tons of nice characters and the song is very catchy too. Impossible not to dance. :banana: You can tell they have recycled some elements from the old parade but I prefer this one.

248964_2119130614816_1142283436_2563663_4831624_n.jpg

247184_2119130734819_1142283436_2563664_1169308_n.jpg

253489_2119132014851_1142283436_2563668_2295311_n.jpg

247524_2119131414836_1142283436_2563666_4237925_n.jpg

254579_2119129134779_1142283436_2563657_3348828_n.jpg

249989_2119129494788_1142283436_2563659_930264_n.jpg

247469_2119128094753_1142283436_2563653_389859_n.jpg

251769_2119125814696_1142283436_2563646_2741582_n.jpg

Now at one point during the parade Princess Atta from Bug's Life comes near us and gives Beatriz a high five. The girl was ecstatic!! :yay: Up until now she says it was her favorite part of the day and she retells this episode to people with the same happiness and enthusiasm I display when I tell people about the day Donnie Wahlberg kissed me on the cheek. :rolleyes1

BTW, did I ever tell you about the day I got kissed by Donnie Wahlberg ???

BEST. DAY. EVER!

Cont. here.

So now it was time to use the FP we had collected earlier for Toy Story Mania. We went in through the FP line, collected the 3D glasses and just as we are about to pass the gate to go into the boarding area Beatriz announces she has to go to the bathroom. :scared1:

I know. It is not even funny anymore. :eek: Trust me. I wasn't laughing either.

So off I went to the bathroom with her again for what it seemed like the 100th time that day.

Finally, we did TSM. Joey loves this ride. If it was up to him, every ride would involve some sort of competition or scoring system... :sad2:

I asked if Beatriz wanted to play but she said no. She was happy just seating in between us and watching the action happening in front of her.

Then we took some pictures outside the ride. That Pixar area of the park is really special. I love all the art work:

253731_2119599906548_1142283436_2564433_7172830_n.jpg

251663_2119598986525_1142283436_2564428_4101488_n.jpg

253904_2119599506538_1142283436_2564431_2947343_n.jpg

255777_2119597746494_1142283436_2564421_7604046_n.jpg

From Toy Story Mania we went to try a family first: the Honey I Shrunk the Kids Playground. And just as I had suspected Beatriz loved that place and did not want to come out. So we sat down and let her play:

247909_2119124734669_1142283436_2563642_3275181_n.jpg

254214_2119123454637_1142283436_2563637_1986945_n.jpg

252894_2119123254632_1142283436_2563636_7588365_n.jpg

254549_2119121774595_1142283436_2563628_5812659_n.jpg

254167_2119596266457_1142283436_2564414_7865620_n.jpg

247996_2119596906473_1142283436_2564418_1945073_n.jpg

By this time Joey and I had run out of energy. Yes. We are getting old. I still wanted to go see The Great Movie Ride but I knew we were ready to call it a day. I still had plans of coming back to DHS later on the trip so I didn't feel too bad.

As we stop for yet another potty break I finally see the meet and greet area for Monsters Inc characters. I had looked for it before and wasn't able to find it but this time I accidentally bumped into it. It is a bit hidden, isn't it? :confused:

Sulley was posing for pictures and once again Beatriz agreed to go see him. As we got closer to Sulley I noticed she got a bit intimidated by his size so she asked me to pick her up.

247159_2119120534564_1142283436_2563625_5099078_n.jpg

250484_2119119094528_1142283436_2563619_7079685_n.jpg

251174_2119119454537_1142283436_2563620_1003985_n.jpg

Beatriz asked Sulley about Boo and he pointed to the door. It was very cute.
Hooray for another successful character interaction. :woohoo:

It was probably around 4h30 pm and we had reservations for Kouzzina at the Boardwalk for 6pm. Since we had never been to the Boardwalk before we decided to leave right sway and take the time to explore it a a bit.

Next up:
Boardwalk
Kouzzina
Swimming pool at Pop Century

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter