Let the memories (of our May 2011 trip) begin! *UPDATED SEPT. 18th- LINK to NEW TR!*

Lovely update!

We tried Kouzzina last year - and it was AMAZING! My DH had the Fisherman's Stew and I swear he licked his bowl clean. :goodvibes The Pastitsio was YUM! Your desserts looked soo yummy!! I totally vouch for how great this place is, and would recommend it as well! I'm now getting hungry thinking about it. :lmao:

I'm sorry that Beatriz was a little too focused. If its any consolation, she's adorable. :cutie:

Thank you. That Fisherman's stew was really something else and it went on my list of dishes to have again one day.

I often joke that Beatriz is lucky she is so cute. I am telling you, she can get away with murder...

Joining in!

Great TR so far! I think this may be the first time I've heard of Kouzzina on a TR. I know about the restaurant, but I haven't read any reviews and you seemed to like it, maybe I would try that... Hmmm... And I loved that video of your daughter on the Tea Cups! If only my parents had brought me when I was that young and I'd have a video liked that. Now, I don't mind the tea cups, but compared to other rides, I could just skip them. A lost child dream... even my sisters were pretty bored with the ride. Can't wait to read more about your adventures in Disney! :mickeyjum

Thank you and :welcome:

I really like Kouzzina for the food. Maybe we do not see too many people talking about it because it does not have a strong theming like Sci-Fi for example...

Me too I wish my parents had brought me to Disney at least once when I was a child. I was already 15 the first time I went so I missed out on some of the kiddie stuff.

That's great that you were able to see your friend one more time. It sounds like a pretty fun job to be a CM!

We still have not learned the (above) lesson even though it had caused us so many problems over the years! :laughing:

I love this picture! Such a great ending picture to a long day!

Thank you! The picture reflects perfect the state of the whole family at the end of the day.

From what I could see, the CMs work hard and party hard. :rotfl: It must be a great experience. Specially if you are single and do not have a family to feed. ;)

I am glad to see I am not the only one who makes that mistake.

Great TR loving looking at all you great pictures!

Thank you. :)

Mmm the food at Kouzzina looks great! :thumbsup2 I'm glad you enjoyed your drink as well.

Love the choc budino cake and can't believe Beatriz does not care for desserts! They are the best part of a meal, IMO!

Lol at DD still remembering your promise of a swim when you returned to Pop!

The drink was really yummy. The base is pomegranate and pineapple and it was extremely refreshing! AND the dessert was very good too...

All caught up and would love to join in for the rest of the report!!!

First off - you and your family are a beautiful bunch - your daughter is precious! I loved the tea cup video - LOL:rotfl2:!

You have my sympathies with regards to your miscarriage. Having been through that, I understand the emotions - and adding that situation to a Disney trip (where I cry all the time anyway with happiness) - surely you must have been on a rollercoaster. I look at my DS12 now and know I wouldn't have had him, had I not had the loss that preceded him, but that all took time to realize. I hope you are finding peace in your heart.:hug:

I had to LOL at the Donnie Walhberg kiss story - SO FUNNY!:lmao:

I actually like Cosmis Rays, but I can see why you weren't overly pleased. After seeing your pictures of Starring Rolls, my DS12 and I agreed we will try it in August (first ever mother-son trip - as also promised to the other children when they are 12 in the future!!!)

I LOVED your comment about brushing your teeth and packing your toothbrush in carry on - a true dental hyg. - I know my mom is a hyg. and my father was a dentist - we love clean teeth!:love:

SO looking forward to the rest of your well written report! Thank you so much for sharing!
Erin

Hello and :welcome:!! I love new visitors and I hope you stick around. :)

Thank you for the kind words. The miscarriage is a wound that I am not sure wil ever close but I did manage to find some peace and look at the bright side of things.

The tea cup is my favorite video of the trip! And my crush on Donnie Walhberg is borderline inapropriate. :lovestruc

I cannot say I disliked Cosmic Rays. It just paled in comparison to other Disney counter services for us. We recommend Starring Rolls to everyone and anyone. Impossible not to love those cupcakes.

Wow... a mother- son trip sounds like a lot of fun.

So you have dental workers in your family, eh? THAT can be traumatizing. You never thought of going into the dental field yourself? If not, I won't judge you. A couple of years ago my husband and I loved watching Survivor together and I used to say the only reason why I would NEVER be able to sign up for that show is that I would not be able to part with my toothbrush. It would just drive me insane....

Lovely meal at the Kouzzina. I gotta try Kouzzina sometime. We have our favorites and new places to try so it's always a challenge to have alotted restuarants within the DDP. :rotfl::rotfl:
In fact, we have a couple more ADRs than DDP credit so I'm thinking of paying OOP. :rolleyes1

I know how hard it can be to chose the right ADR's and stay within your DDP credits. For this trip I had a rule of NO REPEATS. I wanted to try new restaurants as much as possible and I did not regret it. For my next trip I will try to do an ALL STARS from the 2010 and the 2011 trip and maybe one or two first timers. I know it will be a challenge. :laughing:

Sorry Beatrix was a bit testy at dinner. Isn't it funny how things like swimming can perk a child up instantly!
I have had the same experience at boardwalk both times we visited at night. Not too much activity, but definitely picked up a bit at night. I like it though. I think it makes for a restful evening (plus it never hurts for me to entertain dh a bit with ESPN)

I found the Boardwalk very pleasant and I am sure staying at the Boardwalk resort must be amazing. I guess I was just surprised by its quietness. I thought it was going to be similar to DTD... I am sure it must be the perfect place to hang out if you are staying at an Epcot hotel. I just would not get ut of my way to go there again unless I have a meal planned or something...

The will power of a child is really something remarkable. The prospect of swimming at night really kept her awake the whole day.

Thanks for the Kouzzina review and especially all of the photos. Your dinners and dessert look incredible. YUM!!!

Greek is my favorite cuisine and Patsitsio is one of my favorite meals. On the kids menu!?! Cool! I quickly clicked on the cookbook link- I'll have to go back and look when I have some more time.

It is definitely difficult to deal with an overly-tired toddler. They get that extra burst of internal energy trying to fight the exhaustion. Great final picture. That's one you should put away for the "gonna threaten to show this to your friends when you are a teenager" when you need some leverage in the future.

I am glad you enjoyed the Kouzzina pictures. I hope you will be able to make it there. Totally worth it. I have many Greek friends and I have learned to enjoy their cuisine. Pastitsio is always a big hit!

And, yes, I do have a collection of pictures already that I am sure will come in handy one day. ;)

Day3- Saturday- May, 14th2011- Epcot

This was the first out of the two "full days" we had reserved for Epcot. Once again we decided to sleep in and I think we woke up sometime between 8 and 8h30 am, had a tiny breakfast in our room (just some cereal bars and coffee) and we were at the park by 10h30.

When you take Disney transportation you are always graced by some nice audio recording that highlights the must see attractions of the park you are going to. For Epcot the song playing in the background of the recording was "One little Spark" aka the Imagination song from the Imagination pavillon.

The first and ONLY time that I visited that pavillon was during my first trip to WDW in 1993. At that time my English was barely good enough to get by so I am sure I missed out on a lot of information.

So this time I am in the bus listening to the Imagination song and I started thinking about the little dragon and how cute he was... and what was his name??... oh yes...Figment... yes.. the little figment of the imagination ride... he was cute that one... that figment of the imagination..... wait a minute... he is a FIGMENT OF YOUR IMAGINATION!!!

SHUT UP!!!
:scared1:

It took me almost 20 years to get that!!! I started laughing out loud in the bus and Joey could not understand my excitement as I kept repeating: "Don't you see? He is the figment of our imagination!!"

"Ok nevermind".

So we arrived at Epcot and I had never seen a sight like that. The amount of people trying to get into the park was overwhelming. There were droves and droves of people flocking through its gates. It was hot and humid and I started to wonder how we were going to get anything accomplished that day. :rolleyes1

We had many factors playing against us:
Fact #1- It was a Saturday;
Fact #2- It was the last weekend of the Flower & Garden Festival;
Fact #3- It was Pixar Weekend.

Whose idea was it to come to Epcot in a day like this anyways????

Right. It was mine. :headache:

As we finally managed to enter the park I noticed the line for "Spaceship Earth" was actually the longest I had ever seen. It was stretching all the way to the park's turnstiles. Oh boy... don't this people know this is the WORST time of the day to visit the Spaceship Earth?? :crowded: Such a classic bottleneck spot...

So our first order of the day was to go visit my friend A. at the Guest Relations. When we got there he was busy with some guests so we just sat outside to wait for him:

269156_2194548740222_1142283436_2625636_1779540_n.jpg

And in no time he showed up to say hello. All cute in his uniform:

269629_2194549140232_1142283436_2625638_160949_n.jpg

So we talked about the plans for the day. The goal was to try to see the special appearances of the Pixar characters and do as many activities related to the F&G Festival as possible.

He asked us about Soarin'. We said we thought there would not be any FP's left at this point and we would probably try to use a swap pass because Beatriz is not tall enough yet. He then told us he was coming to Soarin' with us right away and he would watch Beatriz for us while we rode it. I asked him if it was ok to leave his position at the Guest Relations and he said what he was about to do was actually part of his job.

Ok then...

As soon as we arrived at The Land pavillon I decided to bring Beatriz for a potty break right away so she would not ask to go while Joey and I were away but up until that point I was still not sure of what was going to happen. :confused3

When I got out of the bathroom my firend A. had another CM with him. The girl works at Soarin' and he tells her that he is granting us a magical moment. :eek: Then he tells us that we are going to ride Soarin' with no lines AT ALL! We will go in through the VIP entrance wich pretty much goes straight to the boarding area. That is what they do with celebrities and such. They board the ride through the exit and nobody gets to see them.

I totally felt like kissing A. on the mouth at that point!

So we went through a couple of doors and corridors and got to bring Beatriz with us all the way.

Here is a picture of us "backstage" waiting for our turn to board:
260005_2194549340237_1142283436_2625639_6039017_n.jpg

So we pretty much walked into Soarin' while A. waited by the exit with Beatriz.

It was PRICELESS. I will never forget that! I am telling you, A. is a superstar.

So A. went back to his job and left us feeling like we were the luckiest people in the entire park! :teeth: It was such a high.

So from Soarin' we went to the Seas pavillon to do the Nemo ride:

264045_2194550500266_1142283436_2625644_187042_n.jpg

268342_2197467853198_1142283436_2630927_5664123_n.jpg

267803_2197468893224_1142283436_2630930_1786506_n.jpg

Beatriz did not want to ride Nemo because she had bad memories of Bruce the shark from the year before but we insisted a bit and she agreed on riding when Joey promised he would close her eyes when Bruce would show up. We were hoping she was going to be able t overcome her fear (just like she did with the masked characters) but she did not. She was hiding her face for most of the ride and she refused to go see the Turtle Talk with Crush afterwards.

Oh well...

But we did spend a good half an hour looking at the real fishes and other creatures in the aquariums. She loved that part. :love:

Now it was past noon already and we were VERY hungry (our little breakfast did not carry us too far) and we had a tough decision to make. My plan was to eat fish & chips at the English pavilion or at Tangerine Cafe at Morocco. However, we were running behind schedule and we were still all the way in the Future World. My fear was to fight the crowds and walk all the way to England or Morocco just to find big line ups and not be able to seat in a shaded area. I did not want to risk that so I suggested that we ate in an air conditioned area right there at the Future World. I am not usually the type of person to shy away from the heat but I was worried about hitting a wall that early in the day.

One thing I know for sure: heat+crowds+hunger can be a recipe for disaster if you don't act quickly.

So now we had two choices: Electric Umbrella or Sunshine Seasons? Burgers and fries or deliciously variety of food? It looks like we are going back to "The Land".

So we went back to "The Land" and while Joey went to grab our food I struggled to finally find a table to sit with Beatriz. Of course, it was not long before Beatriz announces she has to go to the bathroom and I had to abandon our precious table to bring her to pee. Thankfully it wasn't hard to find another one the second time around.

I had eaten at Sunshine Seasons in 2009 and while I really love their food I always try NOT to repeat restaurants. Specially at Epcot and all its wonderful choices. But, boy, was I ever happy to be there! :) Delicious food, wonderful dessert, air conditioning... can't really ask for more.

I had the pork chop with some rice and some sort of sweet sauce (I am not sure of what it was but it was yummy).

268086_2194550860275_1142283436_2625645_5466262_n.jpg

Joey had an Asian option. I think it was the mongolian beef with brocoli and noodles:

260174_2194551380288_1142283436_2625650_6440896_n.jpg

Beatriz had some noodles and chicken:

262655_2194551900301_1142283436_2625651_3374207_n.jpg

Dis she like it??
268037_2194553380338_1142283436_2625656_5025146_n.jpg

265049_2194553780348_1142283436_2625658_4468036_n.jpg

I think so!

For dessert I had the o' so famous strawberry shortcake (awesome) and Joey had a cheesecake:

267300_2194552380313_1142283436_2625654_3534808_n.jpg

Sorry. This picture is not great but it was the best I got before we devoured our desserts.

So before we left The Land I had to have a picture of us with the balloons:

262158_2194549860250_1142283436_2625641_3915680_n.jpg

They are part of some of my earliest memories of WDW.

265035_2194550180258_1142283436_2625643_2251214_n.jpg

On our way out I also noticed that the wait time for "Living with the Land" was over 60 minutes and the line for "The Circle of Life" was spilling outside. You know there is a problem when there is any line for "The Circle of Life" AT ALL.

So we decided that now was the perfect time to cross to the World Showcase and start exploring the F&G attractions.

Let's start with some topiaries, shall we??

268775_2197469613242_1142283436_2630932_5417183_n.jpg

270452_2197471933300_1142283436_2630939_4559270_n.jpg

260465_2197472453313_1142283436_2630942_5459479_n.jpg

264820_2197472893324_1142283436_2630943_45522_n.jpg

261438_2197473533340_1142283436_2630945_4935370_n.jpg

Next up:
Did it really have to rain???

Lol at the Figment comment! :laughing: Will have to listen out for the song when using Disney transportation.

Wow Epcot sounds soo busy - am glad you still got to enjoy it.

Yay for A to get you on Soarin through the back exit - bet you felt like celebrities for the day :thumbsup2

Mmm Sunshine Seasons looks yummy and can't wait to eat here and try that famous Strawberry Shortcake ;)

Love the pics of the topiaries and the family shot at the end.

Wonderful update! Your friend A. is a real treasure!!! Great pictures of Beatriz!!! I hope it didn't rain, but knowing FL afternoons, it probably did!

Whoa! I can't believe how packed EPCOT is. I mean, I've seen some long waits for Spaceship Earth, but all the way to the turnstiles? And a line for Circle of Life? Okay, that is just insanity! Good thing, you got to bypass most of it (lucky VIPs Haha) and escaped to WS. BTW, the song from the Imagination pavilion is "One Little Spark" and it isn't really part of the ride anymore, it's changed A LOT since 1993 and not for the better. Though, there is a rumor they are bringing the old attraction back :cool1: The food at Sunshine Seasons looks very good. If it is as good as it looks then I think I can call The Land the best pavilion to get food from, because they have the awesome character meal at Garden Grill (the food is fantastic) and, from the looks of it, the same quality at Sunshine Seasons. :thumbsup2 I love the pictures of you guys in front of all the topiaries, it has a nice summer-y feel to it :teeth: Can't wait to read about your escape to World Showcase! :mickeyjum

:banana:Getting the VIP treatment at Soarin is awesome!

I love the picture of Beatriz next to the Nemo jellyfish. :goodvibes

Sunshine Seasons look very yummy.

I am very jealous of VIP experience for Soarin!!! :cool1:

Lovely pictures of topiaries and F&G Festival. I love the fact that Epcot has so many places to eat and so many choices. In fact, it's hard to decide on which places b/c of many choices.

NICE!!! That is fantastic that A. was able to get you onto Soarin' with no wait and babysitting services! Certainly a magical moment!

Beautiful pictures of Beatriz in the garden with Nemo and friends! Too bad she is scared of Bruce in the ride :(

Love Sunshine Seasons! We usually eat there (or do takeout) a couple of times each trip. My oldest son Nate LOVES the pork chop. It is HUMONGOUS.
My fave is the Roasted Beet and Goat Cheese Salad. YUM!

WHat a fantastic soarin experience!
I don't blame you for eating in the air conditioning. Who knows how long it could have taken to get food that day.
I'm still bummed we didn't do pixar weekend, but I think it could have really turned dh off on Disney for good if we got stuck in crazy crowds!
Can't wait to hear what you got done there though.
Great topiary pics. Your dd looks like she has some wild side in her in a couple of them. She's so cute!

Lol at the Figment comment! :laughing: Will have to listen out for the song when using Disney transportation.

Wow Epcot sounds soo busy - am glad you still got to enjoy it.

Yay for A to get you on Soarin through the back exit - bet you felt like celebrities for the day :thumbsup2

Mmm Sunshine Seasons looks yummy and can't wait to eat here and try that famous Strawberry Shortcake ;)

Love the pics of the topiaries and the family shot at the end.

Thank you!

We felt so fortunate to be able to bypass the line at Soarin' but it made me wonder about all the perks celebrities get when visiting Disney. It must be something else....

I am NOT a strawberry shortcake type of person but I had to try it and I did not regret it. It was REALLY good!

Wonderful update! Your friend A. is a real treasure!!! Great pictures of Beatriz!!! I hope it didn't rain, but knowing FL afternoons, it probably did!

I asked my friend A. to get a permanent job at Disney for the sake of our friendship. :rotfl: Seriously, it was such a treat I wish he could always be there!

Whoa! I can't believe how packed EPCOT is. I mean, I've seen some long waits for Spaceship Earth, but all the way to the turnstiles? And a line for Circle of Life? Okay, that is just insanity! Good thing, you got to bypass most of it (lucky VIPs Haha) and escaped to WS. BTW, the song from the Imagination pavilion is "One Little Spark" and it isn't really part of the ride anymore, it's changed A LOT since 1993 and not for the better. Though, there is a rumor they are bringing the old attraction back :cool1: The food at Sunshine Seasons looks very good. If it is as good as it looks then I think I can call The Land the best pavilion to get food from, because they have the awesome character meal at Garden Grill (the food is fantastic) and, from the looks of it, the same quality at Sunshine Seasons. :thumbsup2 I love the pictures of you guys in front of all the topiaries, it has a nice summer-y feel to it :teeth: Can't wait to read about your escape to World Showcase! :mickeyjum

I agree with you. The Land is the best pavillon at Future World, specially when it comes to food! The whole place smells delicious. I never ate at Garden Grill but it is on the top of my list of places to try on my next trip.
Thank you for reminding me of the correct name of the Figment song. The correction was made.

Epcot was REALLy crowded that day but fortunately it is a park that absorbs the crowds fairly well.

:banana:Getting the VIP treatment at Soarin is awesome!

I love the picture of Beatriz next to the Nemo jellyfish. :goodvibes

Sunshine Seasons look very yummy.

Thank you.
Soarin is a great ride but with no wait at all it felt even better!
The pictures with the Nemo characters are among some of my favorites.
Sunshine Seasons never disappoints.

I am very jealous of VIP experience for Soarin!!! :cool1:

Lovely pictures of topiaries and F&G Festival. I love the fact that Epcot has so many places to eat and so many choices. In fact, it's hard to decide on which places b/c of many choices.

I know!! That is why I do not like doing repeats. I still have so many restaurants I want to try at Epcot: Garden Grill, Biergarten, Marrakesh, Via Napoli, Cellier... The list goes on and on.

NICE!!! That is fantastic that A. was able to get you onto Soarin' with no wait and babysitting services! Certainly a magical moment!

Beautiful pictures of Beatriz in the garden with Nemo and friends! Too bad she is scared of Bruce in the ride :(

Love Sunshine Seasons! We usually eat there (or do takeout) a couple of times each trip. My oldest son Nate LOVES the pork chop. It is HUMONGOUS.
My fave is the Roasted Beet and Goat Cheese Salad. YUM!

I am telling you, having A. working at Epcot this time was the cherry on the sunday of this trip. I begged him to get a permanent position at Disney... :laughing:

I was actually torn between the pork chop and the goat cheese salad. Everything looks so delicious. Doing take out sounds like a wonderful idea specially if you are staying at an Epcot resort. Very smart! :thumbsup2

Hopefully Beatriz will grow out of her fear by the time we come back. I love the Nemo ride myself and wouldn't like to have to skip it.

WHat a fantastic soarin experience!
I don't blame you for eating in the air conditioning. Who knows how long it could have taken to get food that day.
I'm still bummed we didn't do pixar weekend, but I think it could have really turned dh off on Disney for good if we got stuck in crazy crowds!
Can't wait to hear what you got done there though.
Great topiary pics. Your dd looks like she has some wild side in her in a couple of them. She's so cute!

You got that right! She is three years old but I am afraid of the day she hits 13. :lmao: She can be very, very sweet and melt your heart with a smile but she can also be quite mischievous. A day with her in the parks can be a true balacing act!

Pixar weekend was fun but the rain spoiled it a bit for us (more on that on my next post). I think those who visited the park on Sunday had the chance to enjoy it more. Fortunately, Epcot is a park that absorbs the crowds well so I did not feel completely overwhelmed.

DAY 3- SATURDAY- MAY, 14TH 2011- EPCOT- PIXAR WEEKEND + FLOWER & GARDEN FESTIVAL.

So the main attraction of Pixar Weekend for us was the opportunity to meet some rare characters scattered around the park.

When we visited "The Seas" pavillon we saw the living "coral" from far but got no pictures with it. It looked like an under the sea version of DeVine but we never made it closer enough to check it out properly.

Here a picture taken from Flickr:

5764235411_bf9262b063.jpg
]

Near the Mission Space attraction you could meet Buzz Lightyear but we never made it there either. We had seen him at Magic Kingdom already and we were not interested in riding Mission Space that day.

In front of the Cars 2 topiaries at the "World Showcase Plaza" they were also giving a little brochure called Race Around World Showcase. Kids could collect race stickers at the international "checkpoints" at Italy, USA Japan, France and UK pavillons. We took the brochure and considered trying to collect the stickers but decided not to. Beatriz is still small to care about this type of challenge.

Between the Canadian and the British pavillons Pixar put up a big tent called Pixar Celebration Central. Characters from Toy Story 3, The incredibles, Up, Monters Inc. and Cars were to make appearances all day long. So that is where we headed first.

They had different backgrounds for different movies and every 20 minutes or so there was a rotation of characters and you are never sure of who you are going to get. Autographs were not allowed.

First stop: The Incredibles.

263741_2197474213357_1142283436_2630949_8058180_n.jpg

Beatriz was deep into a "The Incredibles" phase right before our trip so she was thrilled. However, she kept repeating she wanted to see Violet. :rolleyes1 I am not even sure Violet ever made an appearance at WDW but I told Beatriz next time we go to Disney I will buy her a Violet costume instead of a princess one. She liked my idea.

Next up: Up!

267969_2197475053378_1142283436_2630953_6871341_n.jpg

229110_2064709254316_1142283436_2489836_2242535_n.jpg

Cars (still no Mc Queen):

263856_2197475413387_1142283436_2630954_756826_n.jpg

For Toy Story 3 they had Lotso. Beatriz wanted nothing to do with him. She said it is because he is "mechant" ("mean", in French) and I thought she had a point. Joey likes Lotso and doesn't mind his meanness.

267561_2197476133405_1142283436_2630957_7132498_n.jpg

For Monsters Inc. I was really hoping to see Boo but this is all we got:
262285_2197476373411_1142283436_2630958_631988_n.jpg

By this time we could hear the rain falling hard outside. We decided to wait it in a little bit and we saw Frozone was now at the Incredibles stand so we went back in line:

269456_2197477333435_1142283436_2630963_7603029_n.jpg

269553_2197476613417_1142283436_2630959_805435_n.jpg

269463_2197478173456_1142283436_2630965_7977194_n.jpg

Still, no Violet. Still, a lot of rain.

At the Pixar Central they were also having some speaker sessions with some Pixar producers. It sounded cool and it was indoors so we thought... hey... why not! I will tell you why not. You had to have made an online registration to be part of it so we could not get in. So much for that...

So we put on our ponchos and decided to brave the elements. We made it as far as the Rose & Crown before the rain got pretty bad again and we had to seek shelter in a souvenir store. I knew that for the F&G Festival they had some sort of English Tea Garden at the UK that sounded interesting but I guess because of the heavy rain there were no tours going on at that point.

Bummer.:sad1:

As soon as the rain gave it a little break we headed to France. What about some pictures in our ponchos?

268349_2197478893474_1142283436_2630968_3988462_n.jpg

261856_2197478653468_1142283436_2630967_2957850_n.jpg

Eiffel tower at the background:

267232_2197478373461_1142283436_2630966_5501608_n.jpg

On to the classic couples spot-

Aurora & Prince Philip:
268176_2194554620369_1142283436_2625661_5966865_n.jpg

Cinderella & Prince Charming:

268872_2194554860375_1142283436_2625662_7662167_n.jpg

France:

264032_2197479373486_1142283436_2630971_6784540_n.jpg

264009_2197479093479_1142283436_2630969_7746715_n.jpg

271135_2197479173481_1142283436_2630970_1469592_n.jpg

265170_2197480013502_1142283436_2630973_1538627_n.jpg

269063_2197480453513_1142283436_2630975_6721609_n.jpg

In the French pavillon there was a meet & greet spot set up for Remy & Emile from Ratatouille but the next scheduled appearence was for 4h30pm so we decided to keep on moving.

Morocco:
260456_2194555620394_1142283436_2625665_3203426_n.jpg

Around here they also had a special meet & greet spot set up for "A Bug's Life" but since it was outdoors and it was still raining on and off they won't bring any characters out.

Please notice the recurring theme: rain = no characters.
:(

The only good thing about the rain is that the crowds seemed to be thinning out . I don't know if people actually left the park or if everybody was just smarter than we were and decided to seek shelter at the pavillons in the Future World.

:sad2:

When we hit the USA pavillon we saw Jessie posing for pictures at a Woody's Round Up set up.

260386_2197482413562_1142283436_2630982_4080297_n.jpg

Great. :teeth: Beatriz loves Jessie. Let's get in line! As soon as we get in line the CM announces that she will be going out for a break and another character will be out in a couple of minutes. So Joey rushes and takes a couple of "unofficial" pics:

260395_2197482133555_1142283436_2630981_5028061_n.jpg

264971_2197481533540_1142283436_2630978_601095_n.jpg

And she even strikes a pose before heading out:

264555_2197481693544_1142283436_2630979_601941_n.jpg

So we decided to stick around and wait for the next character. And then it started raining pretty bad again. :umbrella:

And so we waited....and waited ... and waited some more... :bored:

So what do you do when you are stuck at the US pavillon? Have an American dream, of course!!! I had found out about the american dream here at the boards and it was my favorite snack of the trip. Delicious!!!!

270639_2197483373586_1142283436_2630986_2286851_n.jpg

268899_2197483933600_1142283436_2630988_6257690_n.jpg

Finally, a CM comes out saying he cannot bring anymore characters out unless it completely stops raining. Well, that is just not going to happen. It had been raining on and off the whole afternoon and it did not look that it was going to stop. So let's just move on...

Italy:
268119_2194556500416_1142283436_2625667_1210100_n.jpg

Now between Italy and Germany they put up a Rapunzel's tower that got Beatriz completely entranced:
267627_2194556980428_1142283436_2625668_5089153_n.jpg

Click here for a video of Beatriz calling out for Rapunzel. She asks me where Rapunzel is and I tell her she went out with Flynn which is a total lie because you can clearly see her braids hanging off the window and hear her singing but I could not come up with something else quick enough . :confused: Sorry.

Next up:
Evening at Epcot
Meal at San Angel Inn

Lol that under sea version of DeVine looks kind of freaky but cool at the same time!

The Race Around World Showcase challenge sounds like fun and maybe something Beatriz could do when she's older.

Yay on meeting all the characters! It's a shame you did not get to see Violet or Boo.

Oh no on all the rain and not being able to get into the speaker sessions :sad2:

Love the poncho and topiary pics! :thumbsup2

Am glad you guys managed to get some pics of Jessie before she disappeared. Aaw poor Beatriz wanting Rapunzel to come out - she's soo cute in that video. Have heard about The American Dream and can't wait to try one! ;)

That was great you got to meet so many characters! :-) I love the picture of your daughter with Mater, I love how there is a contrast in heights :D And that is so cool they had a living coral. I really want to go to the Pixar Weekend now :thumbsup2 Sorry it had to rain and you had to miss a few things, but you braved it and got some awesome pictures of the topiaries :teeth: That's so cute your daughter was yelling out to Rapunzel, too bad a real Rapunzel wasn't nearby and you could've been telling the truth :confused3 Can't wait to read more! :mickeyjum

wow, you met quite a few at pixar! How were the lines?

The rain put a little damper on our plans that day too. Luckily that was all tge rain that week!

I like your Jessie solution. Very creative!

I meant to try an American dream this trip. Looks so refreshing!

That picture of you girls and Frozon is the cutest picture I have ever seen, all in super hero stance!!!:lmao: Rain, ugh, I'm preparing for it for our August trip, we have never gone during the rainy season, I will grin and bear it, what else can you do! Like you said, people leave most of the time during rain, so less crowds! Enjoyed the update!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter