Let the memories (of our May 2011 trip) begin! *UPDATED SEPT. 18th- LINK to NEW TR!*

Day 1- THURSDAY- MAY, 12TH 2011-OFF TO MAGIC KINGDOM AND MEAL AT COSMIC RAYS.

I really wanted Beatriz to rest a bit before we hit the park and I was worried she was just not gonna go down. But once we enforced the quiet time she fell asleep pretty quickly and even Joey was able to take a snooze.

Me??
NOT SO MUCH.:lmao:

I was too excited to be there. Heck, I was having a hard time sleeping AT HOME before my trip and now that I was actually there my brain would not stop working even though my body was tired.

But I stayed in bed quietly so not to disturb her sleep literally counting the minutes to 15h30.

Finally when the alarm went off we woke her up and I called the luggage services to inquire about our bags. We had landed at 11h50 and they were still not in our room. When we stayed at AKL our bags were in our room two hours after landing but I guess the Deluxe resorts must have some sort of priority. :confused3

The CM told me the bags were still on their way from the airport so that meant I could not brush my teeth before going to Magic Kingdom. Note to self: bring my tooth brush in my carry on next time! ;)

I did pack extra clothes for us so we just changed and took off.

When we got to the bus stop to MK at about 4pm there were tons of guests waiting. They said they had been waiting for a bus to MK for at least 40 minutes and I worried that this was going to be a pattern for the rest of the trip. Luckily, a bus pulled up in the next five minutes and we were on our way.

I have a confession to make. I LOVE the voice of the guy in the recording they play in the Disney transportation. There is something about the way he says "Welcome! You are on your way to Magic Kingdom" that makes me feel all warm inside. :goodvibes

By the time we arrived at Magic Kingdom we were STARVING! We wasted no time taking pictures at the entrance of the park, at Main Street or in front of the castle. We just zoomed right to Tomorrowland so we could have our late lunch/ early super.

We did stop to grab a FP for the Buzzlightyear ride and then we were ready to eat!

Cosmic Rays was pretty quiet. I guess the rush of the lunch time had already finished and the rush from super had not started yet. I grabbed a table while Joey went to get our food.

Beatriz was most enchanted with this guy over here:

252674_2094482878638_1142283436_2525725_3465456_n.jpg

She could not take her eyes off Mr. Sonny Eclipse the entire time we were there:

247029_2094483358650_1142283436_2525728_1625093_n.jpg

Which meant she spent the whole time standing on the bench:

255639_2094481958615_1142283436_2525721_498346_n.jpg

253344_2094482318624_1142283436_2525723_7926196_n.jpg

On to the food!

I had the chicken rotisserie but I asked for no mashed potatoes and instead I dressed up my green beans with some mushrooms and onions from the condiment buffet.

247039_2094481518604_1142283436_2525719_3873665_n.jpg

I personally thought the chicken was a little blend. I guess I am used to a bit more spices but it was a very decent size rotisserie.

Not sure if I will ever eat at Cosmic Rays anytime soon but if I do I might try the wraps instead.

Our meal also came with no- sugar brownies for dessert which we saved for later.

Beatriz' meal was turkey sandwich, carrot sticks which she loves and apple sauce for dessert. Due to her excitement she did not eat much but we brought the left overs with us and she ended up eating them later that night.

250629_2094481158595_1142283436_2525716_3356419_n.jpg

So that was it for our first CS meal. While the location of Cosmic Rays was very convenient for our plans for the day we found the food to be satisfying but lacking on the "wow" factor. That is the problem with WDW. We are always expecting to be wowed, I guess.

In a future trip I will give Columbia Harbor House a try. :thumbsup2

Next up:
Do we make it for Wishes?

Lol at not being able to sleep - I would be the same! Too excited!! :laughing:

It's a shame your luggage did not show before you were leaving for MK - at least you had a change of clothes though :thumbsup2

Cosmic Rays is a back up on our plans as wouldn't mind the famous toppings bar and getting to see Sonny Eclipse - I love that DD wanted to stand on the bench so she didn't miss any of the action. However, CHH is our first CS choice at MK.

Lol at not being able to sleep - I would be the same! Too excited!! :laughing:

It's a shame your luggage did not show before you were leaving for MK - at least you had a change of clothes though :thumbsup2

Cosmic Rays is a back up on our plans as wouldn't mind the famous toppings bar and getting to see Sonny Eclipse - I love that DD wanted to stand on the bench so she didn't miss any of the action. However, CHH is our first CS choice at MK.

Trust me. It was the longest nap ever. I could not wait to get out of the room and start our vacation already!

I would keep CHH as a first choice if I were you. Cosmic Rays had a very convenient location for our plan for the day but I was not crazy abou the food.

I'm in, great TR so far. I was at Pop from 5/14 to 5/20. :thumbsup2

:welcome:!! That is so cool we were at the POP at the same time!
Are you planning to write a TR? I love reading about people that were there at the same time as us.

:welcome: and hope you stick around. ;)

!

GREAT start to your report so far!!!

Like everyone else, I absolutely LOVE the photo of Beatriz reflected in the bus window!

Pop looks like a lot of fun!!! The buildings and the rooms are really really cute. You know my heart is at the Beach Club, but I actually think Pop would be my next choice for a resort at Disney.

I know what you mean about finding it hard to sleep at Disney! I can't nap on vacation and sometimes I have trouble sleeping, but as long as I am going I am fine. Glad the other two were able to nap- I think that will get you through to Wishes!

I feel the same way as you about Cosmic Rays. There is a lot of food, but it is not really all that exciting. If I am recalling correctly, you have to go into different lines if you are ordering different meals, like the chicken and burgers. I really hated that! How funny that Beatriz loved Sunny! Did she go up close, or did she admire him from a distance!

Can't wait to read more!

GREAT start to your report so far!!!

Like everyone else, I absolutely LOVE the photo of Beatriz reflected in the bus window!

Pop looks like a lot of fun!!! The buildings and the rooms are really really cute. You know my heart is at the Beach Club, but I actually think Pop would be my next choice for a resort at Disney.

I know what you mean about finding it hard to sleep at Disney! I can't nap on vacation and sometimes I have trouble sleeping, but as long as I am going I am fine. Glad the other two were able to nap- I think that will get you through to Wishes!

I feel the same way as you about Cosmic Rays. There is a lot of food, but it is not really all that exciting. If I am recalling correctly, you have to go into different lines if you are ordering different meals, like the chicken and burgers. I really hated that! How funny that Beatriz loved Sunny! Did she go up close, or did she admire him from a distance!

Can't wait to read more!

Hey Dee!

Pop WAS lots of fun. However, I have my heart set up on the Beach Club or the Bay Lake Tower for a future trip. I could not help but sigh every time I was anywhere near one of those two resorts.

Beatriz never got too close to Sonny. At that point I was really not sure of how she would react to it so I did not even suggest it.

Yes, I find the different stations at Cosmic Rays to be a big inconvenience. That is why we ordered the 3 meals from the chicken counter. I can just imagine how frustrating it can be for a larger party in a peak time.

Q

DAY 1 -THURSDAY- MAY 12TH, 2011- MAGIC KINGDOM- TOMORROWLAND

So once the hunger problem was solved we were able to start focusing on our plan. :thumbsup2

We wanted to conquer our favorite rides at Tomorrowland before the parade at 9 pm but I still was not sure of the crowd level at Magic Kingdom that day.

We knew we only had about three hours before the Electrical Parade and we were wondering how much we would be able to accomplish during that time.

We decided to kick things off with one of our family favorites: The Monsters Inc Laugh Floor.

254266_2094547800261_1142283436_2525976_4639419_n.jpg

The stand by was indicating only 10 minutes so we walked right in.

Beatriz waiting in line:
253015_2095946515228_1142283436_2527733_5293157_n.jpg

252275_2095946355224_1142283436_2527732_1723513_n.jpg

Paying attention to the pre- show video:
250782_2095945835211_1142283436_2527731_6157356_n.jpg

I think for the first time she fully understood the concept of the attraction. She paid close attention to the jokes and tried her best to participate waving her arms and even loudly fake laughing. :sad2:

Then we used our FP for the Buzz Lightyear Spin. I sat Beatriz on my lap and I let her control the laser gun while I took control of maneuvering our "space cruiser". I explained to her that our goal was to defeat Zurg and that she should do her best to shoot at the targets but by the middle of the ride she did not seem that much into playing so... I took over her laser gun.:rolleyes1

Here we are at the end of the ride checking out our prisoner Zurg:

252006_2094547600256_1142283436_2525975_2507838_n.jpg

Fully into character:
250292_2094547400251_1142283436_2525974_4774477_n.jpg

As soon as we got outside we spotted a photo op with Buzz himself. In 2010 Beatriz was TERRIFIED of all the masked characters and I was still not sure of how she was going to react this time. Wd did a lot of talking and explaining before our trip and she had said she wanted to meet all the characters but now it was the moment of truth.

popcorn::

So I pointed her Buzz and I asked her if she wanted to go meet him, hug him and get his autograph and she said YES!

Ok then...

By the time it was our turn she did not seem very sure so I was holding my breath but she confidently walked to him for a big hug:

253409_2094547120244_1142283436_2525973_7348795_n.jpg

She willingly posed for a picture:
251143_2094546600231_1142283436_2525972_5719475_n.jpg

And we even posed for a family shot:

248444_2094546120219_1142283436_2525969_2890861_n.jpg

And that, my friend, is what I call a magical moment!! :love:

With a great sense of accomplishment we now went for another first: The Tomorrowland Speedway.

Tall enough to drive her own car:
254400_2095945675207_1142283436_2527730_1390900_n.jpg

We waited in line for probably five minutes and then Beatriz hopped in a red car with her father while I followed by myself at the back. She was very happy she got to drive a red car just like Lightning Mc Queen!

253824_2095945155194_1142283436_2527728_378796_n.jpg

I have to say I had the best seats in the house from my car. I laughed my butt off seeing their car zig zagging all the way across the course. Joey left the car thankful he won't have to worry about Beatriz driving for at least another 12 years. ;)

lovely photos, another great instalment. thanks for sharing.:thumbsup2 .
The indy speedway is the one ride I really don't like, it stems from our 1st visit when my eldest son was tall enough to drive and I stupidly let him!! He was 9 at the time, I was terrified that we were going to go up in a ball of flames, there was a lunatic driver, behind us who kept bumping us even though the CMs kept telling him to stop, my son thought it was great he was driving, the car was going all over the track all I could smell was fuel fumes and I was terrified. NEVER EVER again. Glad you guys had fun though.

I enjoyed your update. That is a great photo you took from the car of your first time driver!

That's great that she went up to meet Buzz! Hopefully that was a good indication of how Beatriz will interact with characters for the rest of the trip. Sometimes it just takes that one successful meet and greet to break the ice.

The pictures of Beatriz with Zurg are great, and they just brought back wonderful memories for me! My oldest son was around 3 years old when Toy Story II came out- he loved the movie and characters. But whenever he would see Zurg, he would say "Bad Cow!!!" That was his name for Zurg.

It took us awhile to figure it out. We think it is because of the scene in TSII when the doors to Al's Toy Barn open and there is a moo-ing noise. That's where we meet Zurg. And Zurg has horns.

Bad Cow!

A great update! Love the pic of DD getting fully into character with Zurg!

:woohoo: on DD posing for a pic with Buzz and getting to ride her own car on Speedway!

Yay, I'm here & loving your TR so far :goodvibes

I like Beatriz Mickey manicure. ::MickeyMo
The picture of Beatriz on the bus where you can see her reflection in the window is adorable.

I can't wait to find out how you liked staying at Pop. It seems like a place that kids would just love to stay at.

That is a great picture of your whole family with Buzz. I'm glad Beatriz is not scared of him anymore.

Your daughter is adorable! :goodvibes Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip!
Thanks and :welcome:! Hope you stick around.

Great pictures, your daughter is a cutie! Waiting for the next installment!!:thumbsup2

Thanks. ;)

lovely photos, another great instalment. thanks for sharing.:thumbsup2 .
The indy speedway is the one ride I really don't like, it stems from our 1st visit when my eldest son was tall enough to drive and I stupidly let him!! He was 9 at the time, I was terrified that we were going to go up in a ball of flames, there was a lunatic driver, behind us who kept bumping us even though the CMs kept telling him to stop, my son thought it was great he was driving, the car was going all over the track all I could smell was fuel fumes and I was terrified. NEVER EVER again. Glad you guys had fun though.

So sorry to hear you had a bad experience at the Speedway. Now that you mentioned the fumes I have to admit that part was not pleasant.

My husband and I were wondering how much longer until they give that ride
a complete overhaul and incorporate the movie Cars into it.

I enjoyed your update. That is a great photo you took from the car of your first time driver!

That's great that she went up to meet Buzz! Hopefully that was a good indication of how Beatriz will interact with characters for the rest of the trip. Sometimes it just takes that one successful meet and greet to break the ice.

Trust me, break the ice we did!! ;)

The pictures of Beatriz with Zurg are great, and they just brought back wonderful memories for me! My oldest son was around 3 years old when Toy Story II came out- he loved the movie and characters. But whenever he would see Zurg, he would say "Bad Cow!!!" That was his name for Zurg.

It took us awhile to figure it out. We think it is because of the scene in TSII when the doors to Al's Toy Barn open and there is a moo-ing noise. That's where we meet Zurg. And Zurg has horns.

Bad Cow!

That is so cute!! I can see why he would associate the cow to Zurg. :rotfl:

A great update! Love the pic of DD getting fully into character with Zurg!

:woohoo: on DD posing for a pic with Buzz and getting to ride her own car on Speedway!

Thank you. I love the picture with Zurg too. She was very into it.

Yay, I'm here & loving your TR so far :goodvibes

I like Beatriz Mickey manicure. ::MickeyMo
The picture of Beatriz on the bus where you can see her reflection in the window is adorable.

I can't wait to find out how you liked staying at Pop. It seems like a place that kids would just love to stay at.

That is a great picture of your whole family with Buzz. I'm glad Beatriz is not scared of him anymore.

:welcome: back. So glad you made it here.

I almost had MY manicure done like that too but gave up on the idea last minute. Not sure I would be able to handle looking at my nails like that for an entire week.

I REALLY enjoyed Pop Century but I wish we had stayed at Pop last year (before having stayed at AKL). After experiencing AKL it was hard to give my whole heart to Pop. :( Don,T get me wrong, there is absolutely nothing wrong with Pop and it is a wonderful value for your money but I could not help but compare it to our accommodations from last year. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter