Le Cellier Steakhouse goes to all day menu

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by crazy4wdw, Jan 15, 2013.

1. HLAuburn

HLAuburn DIS Veteran

I'm not real thrilled about the changes.

We had a lunch reservation booked on Monday - my mom will be going with us and I pumped up LC so much, but now it's hard to "stomach" a $43 steak! :laughing: So since it's a pretty heavy meal and because we are paying OOP, we moved it to a dinner reservation and we are going to split the filet.

I hope they don't give us an issues about splitting a meal. With all the bread and maybe a bowl of the soup, I think it will be plenty of food. Just with all the "drama" over the menu changes and all, I'm worried it's not going to live up to the hype! We went for lunch in Dec and it was amazing, but we were on the DP, so it didn't seem so extragavant.

We shall see... :)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. OrangeCountyCommuter

OrangeCountyCommuter DIS Veteran

The use of the words "higher quality" in a post about LeCellier cracked me up.

:rotfl2:

4. DVCMikey

DVCMikey DIS Veteran

Their prices have really gone up. When we first started going to WDW as a couple about 10 years ago it was alot cheaper and the steaks were to die for. The last few times we have eaten there we did not care much for it.

If we want a good steak we go to Yatchsman's over at the Yatch club which is not very far from Le Cellier, or the Brown Derby in DHS has a pretty good steak.

5. coup2516

coup2516 Mouseketeer DVC Gold

Go over to Tutto Gusto. They don't take ressies and the wait is at most 10 minutes. Good food too, much better than Tutto Italia for some reason.

6. Maleficent53

Maleficent53 Have fun storming the castle...

I had a lunch reservation for February at LC but it will now be cancelled. I am not willing to spend $50.00 for lunch......

too bad because we have always enjoyed the food there. :(

7. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

Brown Derby, the other in-park signature restaurant (besides CRT) has had an all-day menu for over a year now. It appears to be working there. It hasn't caused a lot of hoopla because Brown Derby is nowhere near as popular as Le Cellier. Time will tell how it works at Le Cellier, whether people really liked the food that much or just thought of it as a good value.

8. FRANKTSJR

FRANKTSJR Dis Veteran

Big River Grille has a decent strip steak for less than $20.

9. DVCMikey

DVCMikey DIS Veteran

We actually have wanted to try them but haven't had the chance yet. will hopefully the next time we go!

10. LilGMom

LilGMom <font color=red>It makes me want to Kiss on the li

I have to agree with OrangeCountyCommuter. It isn't like Le Cellier, or any restaurants, serves slop for lunch and then goes to an entirely different food vendor for dinner. :lmao:

I'm wondering if Le Cellier is doing this because they started seeing a drop in their dinner reservations once they started charging 2 TS credits. I know that we had planned on trying to get a last minute Le Cellier ADR for lunch last November. I could find times during our trip for dinner but could never find any availability for lunch. Now they have "fixed" that by charging 2 TS credits all day and basically making it dinner all day long.

I'm not happy about them taking off the House Burger. That burger used to be amazingly good and something DH & I looked forward to each trip. But, having said that, we did a last minute trip on Jan. 12th and were able to get an ADR for lunch that day. With our mouths watering we ordered the House Burger and were brought out what looked like a pre-frozen flattened burger that might have been good enough for a CS meal. The burger had no maple BBQ on it and instead of Canadian bacon it had regular bacon strips on it. It was awful :crazy2: and what made it worse that the CM never once mentioned that the burger had changed and we basically paid $15 for a CS burger. :mad: Needless to say IF we ever go back to Le Cellier it will be for breadsticks and soup only unless they start making you get a minimum purchase to dine there or say that you can only order the soup if you have an entree too.

11. maxiesmom

maxiesmom The Mean Squinty Eye Works

My sister and I have done that before. They shouldn't bat an eye at the request to share food.

12. Wish Upon A Star

Wish Upon A Star DIS Veteran

Same here, we are sadly disappointed! :(

13. LilGMom

What I find funny about the Le Cellier thing is I guess WDW doesn't want negative comments posted in their blog about it. I posted, what I thought was, a nicely worded post stating that I was disappointed & Le Cellier would no longer be on our "must do" list. My post never got put up on the WDW blog site. Oops. ;)

14. davedmaine

davedmaine DIS Veteran

Why would Disney keep that post? Go put it on Trip Advisor or another independent site.

15. OrangeCountyCommuter

OrangeCountyCommuter DIS Veteran

They only want cheerleading that toes the bottom line. And of course they get to spin the blog to make them look good. (Otherwise it woudl say "greed won again and eating lunch at this place will now cost a lot more" :lmao: Not going to happen!)

16. BEASLYBOO

BEASLYBOO <font color=deeppink>It's part of the charm<br><fo

We've gone to LC for many, many years and we've always enjoyed our food. The busy environment, the rushed dinner (where they bring your soup, appetizer and steak at the same time) and crowded tables kept us away till we started going as late as possible, makes for a much more pleasurable dinner.

We've always shared entrees because we love the soup and always try one or two appetizers for the table and a whole entree each would be way too much food! I don't see that changing and look forward to our next dinner there!

We always pay OOP and have the TIW card, can't stand the DDP!

17. LilGMom

I don't know that Disney kept the post but more like they never put the post on their site. When you post on their blog threads it always says something about "your comment is awaiting moderation" so I guess the moderators didn't like what I had to say (either time). :rolleyes:

18. Tormania

Tormania Mouseketeer

I realized that after reading your reply that I didn't ask a question, lol!

And yes, no one is cancelling their trip to WDW over the changes at LC but many folks are cancelling their LC plans because of it. Time will tell if the change will be good or bad for everyone interested.

19. tarheelmjfan

tarheelmjfan <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=blue>

No one insinuated LC was serving slop for lunch. Comparing the previous lunch & dinner menus it was obvious that they were using more expensive ingredients at dinner. Some of the menu offerings were the same only larger. A lot of them were a step up from the lunch menu though. Now that they will have an all day menu, they will be serving the same quality ingredients all day. I realize many of you are upset about the change. That doesn't change the fact that with higher prices should come better food. They could never get away with the prices otherwise & they would have to realize that.

20. LilGMom

Higher prices don't equate better food. One small example is the higher price for the WDW Kid's Meal that included chicken tenders at one time but now contains pressed (I think it is) chicken nuggets. Kona Cafe has raised the price and downsized their portion of the Big Kahuna (now it should be called the Jr. Kahuna) but they aren't serving a better breakfast.

21. J.C.&ALI'SMOM

J.C.&ALI'SMOM I really had to bite my tongue on that one.

We haven't been back to LC, since the DDP started changing it so drastically. I find it hard to believe that people will clamor to pay 2 credits for lunch, for a mediocre steak. There are plenty of better places to use credits or dollars in the Epcot area.