• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Le Cellier Steakhouse goes to all day menu

Boo for doing this Disney! I'm gonna miss that hamburger.

The last few times we went at lunch just for the burger.

I've gone to Le Cellier enough that I don't need to go again with the changes.

OK, I need some folks to help explain some stuff for me. Now I will readily admit that I've only been to WDW once back in 2004 and at that time I was not aware of the DP and my objective when I went was to have a good time at Disney and dining was nowhere on my radar.

Fast forward to now and I am fully aware of the DP and the "need" for ADR made 180 days, yada, yada, yada. And I enjoy a good deal and good food and for a few years I have heard that LC was a MUST to do cause it was a great value and all the other hype that has been lavished upon them. And I had wanted to eat there based on all of this info.

But especially now that LC is now a 2-credit meal via the DP regardless of lunch or dinner, a single menu for lunch or dinner, I'm surprised at the number of folks that up in arms over this. I've never eaten at LC so I can't speak personally of the quality of the food, ambiance, etc...but I can understand cost. And unless you are from a small town I'm sure there are plenty fo quality steakhouses at home that are less expensive if a steak is a must have item you need to eat. And I'm sure there are plenty of other nice places to eat at WDW.

But I can't imagine that folks would travel across the country to go to WDW, get hotel stays and park tickets and all the associated costs for all of that, for the main goal of getting a particular meal at a particular restaurant. That is one expensive restaurant IMHO.

I know folks have their favorites and having that change is a major bummer, I've had that happen to me before at local places and menus/prices change and it does affect your decision to go there anymore.

But if your trip is decided by where you are eating and how much it costs then your goals for going to WDW is much different then my goals.

Just MHO and not meant to disparge those that are truly upset. I'll never get a chance to eat at LC because of these changes ( I won't pay that for lunch or dinner at WDW) and thus simply means there will be another restaurant we will be trying instead, too many to able to try in a single trip anyway so this just helps to simply things for us.

OK, I need some folks to help explain some stuff for me. Now I will readily admit that I've only been to WDW once back in 2004 and at that time I was not aware of the DP and my objective when I went was to have a good time at Disney and dining was nowhere on my radar.

Fast forward to now and I am fully aware of the DP and the "need" for ADR made 180 days, yada, yada, yada. And I enjoy a good deal and good food and for a few years I have heard that LC was a MUST to do cause it was a great value and all the other hype that has been lavished upon them. And I had wanted to eat there based on all of this info.

But especially now that LC is now a 2-credit meal via the DP regardless of lunch or dinner, a single menu for lunch or dinner, I'm surprised at the number of folks that up in arms over this. I've never eaten at LC so I can't speak personally of the quality of the food, ambiance, etc...but I can understand cost. And unless you are from a small town I'm sure there are plenty fo quality steakhouses at home that are less expensive if a steak is a must have item you need to eat. And I'm sure there are plenty of other nice places to eat at WDW.

But I can't imagine that folks would travel across the country to go to WDW, get hotel stays and park tickets and all the associated costs for all of that, for the main goal of getting a particular meal at a particular restaurant. That is one expensive restaurant IMHO.

I know folks have their favorites and having that change is a major bummer, I've had that happen to me before at local places and menus/prices change and it does affect your decision to go there anymore.

But if your trip is decided by where you are eating and how much it costs then your goals for going to WDW is much different then my goals.

Just MHO and not meant to disparge those that are truly upset. I'll never get a chance to eat at LC because of these changes ( I won't pay that for lunch or dinner at WDW) and thus simply means there will be another restaurant we will be trying instead, too many to able to try in a single trip anyway so this just helps to simply things for us.

So what is it that you need explained to you? I don't see any questions in your post.

I didn't read one post in this thread that said anyone's trip was being decided by where they will eat or how much food costs.

I want to go and try some of this stuff on the menu. But I don't use DDP and everything I want to try is an appetizer. I think I'll still go. If I used DDP I wouldn't even consider going.

WDW, and even Epcot, has tons of other restaurants. If you're priced out of Le Cellier you will just pick another one, not cancel your entire trip. But I get the frustration with what many considered an excellent value being removed. And I think Disney did it in part to REDUCE the demand for this particular restaurant.

I loved not being on the dining plan...had not one ADR and still ate at great places, Narcoosee's, California Grill, Kouzzina, Chefs De France, Tutto Italia..had the op at Be our Guest but wasn't feeling great so nixed it. People get way too involved in this dining arranging. It's a vacation..such angst

JMO

We just ate there in Dec. glad we did because I just told my DH hope you enjoyed it because with the price increase that's the last time we will go. The food is good, the soup is great the bread on the table is good. I just don't think it was fantastic to spend that much money now. We always did lunch for the lower price and the prime rib sandwich, then they took that away. I don't feel it's enough food for the price either. I had to get the steak for lunch in Dec because I didn't go there to eat a burger. The price was high, the steak was small and it was not what I wanted for lunch. Oh well, at this rate, eating in Disney will start costing me less, because we are going to start sticking with pizza and counter service meals.
There is a lot of changes going on with all menus and for my family it is a change for the bad. We usually eat one sit down a day. In Dec with so many menu changes, we only had 4 sit downs out of 8 nights, I cancelled the others days before check in when I started noticing the menu changes.
We did the meal plan twice since it started. The last time was 3 years ago. I will not do that anymore either, with that price increase it is getting out of hand.I Really wish they would just get over it and get rid of it. The food prices and quality is suffering because of it. Besides I cannot justify 56.00 for my 10 year old with allergies and not a big appetite. With our 10 day trip in the planning, Le Cellier will not be one of them this time.{it usually is with every trip}. Out of the 10 nights we might do 3 sit downs this time. It's a shame, but that is what is best for my family.:(

I really don't care about the prices if the amount of tables were reduced so that you were not sitting in the lap of your neighbor and they maintained items I would actually want to eat in summer weather at Disney.

Not everyone desires huge portions and tons of beef at lunch. We will miss the mussels, chicken and chipotle app, rock shrimp, miso salmon and salmon sliders. My DH and DS would share the burger and one of the aforementioned app's and still have food left over. My DD and I would order one of the other apps and entrees and once again still have food left over.

I did not like the situation with so many tables in a small space and agree that there could be an attitude with the hostess/management but we never experienced it first hand just overheard a few things while waiting. We were lucky enough to have some outstanding servers with only one experience with poor service.

I know it is not popular but the dining plan is responsible for reducing the items offered at lunch. Everyone wanted dinner reservations so they could get the best value for TS credit, so it stands to reason to spread reservations around... save money at the same time by streamlining menus was an easy decision.

Sadly I cancelled my reservation for lunch, can't see paying 30+ for lunch, when I have five in my party..expensive lunch! Going to try rose and crown instead

I think Disney portions are ridiculous mind you ..way too big.

Bigger steak..

I'm confused. Disney portions are ridiculous already, but it's okay that the lunch steak went up almost $20 because it went from 5 oz. to 8 oz.? Even the 5 oz., when combined with an appetizer and the bread, was way too much food for me at lunchtime in the summer heat. Now I should pay more to be given an even bigger steak? :confused3 We love the mushroom filet too much to give LC up altogether, but I have a feeling OH and I will be splitting that steak instead of each ordering our own next time.

Oh, and count me in with those who find the signature appetizer menu much less appealing. I will definitely miss some of my favorites from the non-signature menu. We went for dinner on our last trip because we couldn't get a lunch ADR...the heirloom tomato salad is nowhere near as good at the Tomato Stack from lunch menu was (and of course, that item is now gone for good). I also loved and will miss the Chipotle Chicken Sausage!

I'm confused. Disney portions are ridiculous already, but it's okay that the lunch steak went up almost $20 because it went from 5 oz. to 8 oz.? Even the 5 oz., when combined with an appetizer and the bread, was way too much food for me at lunchtime in the summer heat. Now I should pay more to be given an even bigger steak? :confused3 We love the mushroom filet too much to give LC up altogether, but I have a feeling OH and I will be splitting that steak instead of each ordering our own next time.

Oh, and count me in with those who find the signature appetizer menu much less appealing. I will definitely miss some of my favorites from the non-signature menu. We went for dinner on our last trip because we couldn't get a lunch ADR...the heirloom tomato salad is nowhere near as good at the Tomato Stack from lunch menu was (and of course, that item is now gone for good). I also loved and will miss the Chipotle Chicken Sausage!

Well I don't want steak for lunch..was just making some sense of why the increase in price for those who do.

We're in the minority, but I consider this a good change. I like the idea of being able to get higher quality food for lunch. I wouldn't have ordered the steak anyway. For lunch, I want something lighter. The appetizers & sides look better now. The fish dish also looks good. Hopefully, this will decrease demand enough for it to no longer be a zoo in there. The restaurant won't have to be packed to the max all the time for them to make a nice profit at these prices. Plus, we don't book our trips 6 month in advance. We'll now have a better chance of getting an ADR at a time we prefer. I can see why some people are unhappy, & I feel bad for them. For us, this change means we'll be dining at LC on our next trip for the first time in years.

DW and I discussed this change, and even though we really like Le Cellier, we have cancelled our April lunch ADR. The cost is too much to justify for an overfilling lunch. We'll probably eat there again in Sept, but for dinner.

:sad:

I love LC but hate that lunch is now 2 credits. Even worse, the burger is gone. My mom is a super picky eater and that was the only item she ever ate at LC. I know when I mention the new menu our April reservation is going to be tossed out the window.

psac said:
The burger is a big loss, it was REALLY good, we were planning to go there on our next trip just for the soup and burgers for lunch.

That's what we always do too. And even split the burger...and are still too full. I guess now it will either be no more LC, or just going in for soup.

I hope the people who are cancelling their reservations are calling in and telling an operator why. I cancelled two ADRs by phone and both times they asked me why I was cancelling. Disney needs to know what people think of this change.

I will join the choir and call in to cancel my lunch reservations for May. We have enjoyed the meals there and the relatively reasonable lunch prices (had lunch there Thanksgiving week). But to walk out of lunch now and pay $200 for the four of us, eh, you can keep it. I believe this will be an epic fail and within 6 months they will reconsider their move. So long Canada, hello Germany and France (or God forbid offsite restaurants).

The Yachtsman Steakhouse to me was decent but if I'm paying $45 for a steak I don't want the ambiance of Chef Mickeys (I know it's Disney, kids and all, just sayin'). I dined at Shula's and really enjoyed the meal. A filet was $48 not including sides and they do take the TiW card. The service there was excellent.

Please Disney, raise the prices some more, it will make my meal planning a lot easier! (Insert smiley face here)

I don't think this is gonna last long. I can't believe people will spend this much $$ or credits on lunch! I think dinner is way overpriced but people love 'free' dining so they will go. But lunch, first of all I don't want that much food at lunch. I would need a nap. :goodvibes and I can't waste valuable Disney time napping! :lmao:

We have a lunch reservation for May and we were paying OOP but the prices went up too high. I thought lunch would be cheaper than dinner. I will definitely have to change that ADR. Disappointed.

If it is two credits for lunch then count me out completley. After they changed to "signature" status and charged two credits for dinner, I crossed them of my list for dinner, now if lunch is two credits I will never eat there again.

Just another way for Disney to rip you off.

This is why I believe the DDP has ruined Disney Restaurants. Since Le Cellier is now two credits for dinner everything on the menu has it's price inflated so people on the DP think thet they are getting a deal. The rib eye is now $46, so ridiculous. I have an ADR for Le Cellier on Jan. 29 at 7:30 that I'm going to cancel if anyone is interested.

Cancelled our LeC lunch ADR. No way am I paying that much for lunch!!! And I don't want such a heavy lunch in any case. The burger was one of my favorite lunches.....take it away, and I no longer go there for lunch. Oh well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter