Le Cellier Steakhouse goes to all day menu

I'm pretty sure Tutto is still only 1TS credit, so there is a big difference. Even OOP, if you wanted the most expensive lunch entree there, it's still only $28. They also still offer 2 different menus so that you can save a few bucks at lunch.

LC is small..I think they are trying to lessen demand.:confused3
I am sure much studying has brought them to this decision..

This thread got me curious. I plugged in MANY dates for lunch including weekends and spring break. Almost every single day had an opening...totally unheard of. I've battled for this ADR myself before.

We do not do dining plan and often make trip plans 1-2 months in advance, so getting into LC was always difficult for us in the past. For our Feb trip I told the sisters I would try.... Lo and behold, I could get us in any day of our 10day trip! Then I discovered why... When I told them about the menu change, it was unanimous - cancel the ressie.

Booking Biergarten instead - anyone know another place that has the baked spinach appetizer (my DSis favorite)?

LC is small..I think they are trying to lessen demand.:confused3
I am sure much studying has brought them to this decision..

Why do people give Disney so much credit?

They "studied" goes right there with "IT tested" and we have proof that seems to be pretty pathetic... Every time there's a system "upgrade" things are a disaster!

What they "studied" was "we have X customers an hour paying $30 bucks each, if we move this to SIGNATURE we can have X customers an hour paying $50 bucks. It worked for dinner, all we had to do was raise the prices and the money poured in, we can do it for dinner"

This has to do with $$$ they assume demand will remain the same and thier profit will go up!

Trying to decrease demand doesn't make any sense. As a business, why would you want your restaurant to be LESS busy? It's just like CRT in that they'll keep raising prices until they find the point where people will no longer go. By the comments on here and the open ressies on every day, I'm guessing they found that point with LC. Time will tell.

I, too, cancelled my Le Cellier lunch reservation for March 1 when I looked at the new menu. I wanted to try the burger after years of getting the filet- which was just average in October. The new prices are rediculous! I could pay it but won't pay it for lunch!! I feel they would be laughing at us for being so gullible. (Sorry but that's how I feel.)

I'm pretty sure Tutto is still only 1TS credit, so there is a big difference. Even OOP, if you wanted the most expensive lunch entree there, it's still only $28. They also still offer 2 different menus so that you can save a few bucks at lunch.

Yes, it's still one credit. It's also very expensive for those paying OOP. Many of the people on the DIS look at everything from a DDP point of view, but there are many people who visit WDW who don't use it. What I would order at lunch at LC wouldn't be much more than lunch at TI. Since we don't use DDP, we can order what we want & pay what we're willing to. For us, this was a good change. We can now get in w/o booking months in advance. Hopefully, the demand will decrease a little to improve the atmosphere. I'm sure we're not the only people who aren't upset about the change.

The DDP has had a major negative impact on the restaurants for those paying OOP. Most menus items are marked up to make DDP look like a great value. More expensive/unique items have been removed. Plus, those paying the higher prices OOP are subsidizing those using DDP who are often paying less for the same food. LC going to signature all the time levels the playing field for at least one restaurant. Those who really thought LC was the best restaurant on property, not just a great DDP value, will still find a way to dine there even if it means cutting back on something else. It's amazing how fast a restaurant can go from "can't miss" to "never again" just by increasing prices. I can understand why some are upset about the change, but there is another side to the story.

Yes, it's still one credit. It's also very expensive for those paying OOP. Many of the people on the DIS look at everything from a DDP point of view, but there are many people who visit WDW who don't use it. What I would order at lunch at LC wouldn't be much more than lunch at TI. Since we don't use DDP, we can order what we want & pay what we're willing to. For us, this was a good change. We can now get in w/o booking months in advance. Hopefully, the demand will decrease a little to improve the atmosphere. I'm sure we're not the only people who aren't upset about the change.

The DDP has had a major negative impact on the restaurants for those paying OOP. Most menus items are marked up to make DDP look like a great value. More expensive/unique items have been removed. Plus, those paying the higher prices OOP are subsidizing those using DDP who are often paying less for the same food. LC going to signature all the time levels the playing field for at least one restaurant. Those who really thought LC was the best restaurant on property, not just a great DDP value, will still find a way to dine there even if it means cutting back on something else. It's amazing how fast a restaurant can go from "can't miss" to "never again" just by increasing prices. I can understand why some are upset about the change, but there is another side to the story.

I'm glad that someone is happy about the change, but the prices are in fact very different. Maybe not for your particular choices, but overall. Entree average at TI for lunch is $23. Entree average for lunch at LC is $38. As a family of 4 disney adults, that is a difference of $60...for lunch! I'm not in the minority thinking this is too much when the old lunch menu was right there with TI in price.

Trying to decrease demand doesn't make any sense. As a business, why would you want your restaurant to be LESS busy? It's just like CRT in that they'll keep raising prices until they find the point where people will no longer go. By the comments on here and the open ressies on every day, I'm guessing they found that point with LC. Time will tell.

Because even with less business people will still go and with much higher prices the income will end up being the same. After a small time of growing pains people will return and they will be busier than ever. There are too many people who have drank the koolaid and will forgive and forget anything involving Disney.

I'm glad that someone is happy about the change, but the prices are in fact very different. Maybe not for your particular choices, but overall. Entree average at TI for lunch is $23. Entree average for lunch at LC is $38. As a family of 4 disney adults, that is a difference of $60...for lunch! I'm not in the minority thinking this is too much when the old lunch menu was right there with TI in price.

That is a lot. There's usually only 2 of us now that DS is in college. We always thought TI was overpriced for the quality. We'll probably go to Tutto Gusto from now on, when we want Italian for lunch. For LC, if the food is worth the price (by WDW standards) we'll be happy with it. More than anything I'm hoping this will decrease demand a little. LC has been crazy busy for years.

I cancelled my lunch reservation for 3/4; still have dinner later in the week. I actually preferred the lunch with the smaller steak, etc.

We won't be going back to Le Cellier. We've enjoyed it in years past but since they moved to a 2TS requirement, we can't justify the expense!

I am sad to see how the dining plan and Disney's methods to cheapen the restaurants have affected current and future vacations for everyone!
:confused3:

Back in '97 our first visit with the dining plan ROCKED. Ever since then we've just seen the dining plan ruin the restaurants. :scared:

maxiesmom said:
Don't forget Disney is a business, and the main goal is to make money. If their profits increase, then their shareholders will be happy indeed.

You know Maxi, interllectually I do know this but you know I'm getting to the point where I'm no longer accepting that. Lol and I'm a share holder. I'm just to the point where Im not going to accept mediocre food and high prices because they want to raise share prices 40 cents.

These changes (this, "Magic Bands", etc) are making it much easier to stay away from Disney. When LC went to 2 credits, we too switched to the lunch ADR. We liked it better, having less crowds and a heavier meal mid day instead of before bed. We won't be going back.
My question would be, who's next? I'm sure a lot of other signature restaurants are going to follow this trend.
I know they are in the money making business, but, when a turkey sandwich costs $12, they aren't hurting for dollars. The mark up is already incredibly high.

You know Maxi, interllectually I do know this but you know I'm getting to the point where I'm no longer accepting that. Lol and I'm a share holder. I'm just to the point where Im not going to accept mediocre food and high prices because they want to raise share prices 40 cents.

Don't think that because I said that, it means that I like it either. One of the first things I did after hearing about the new all day menu was to tell my sister that Le Ceiller was our for our next trip.:( And it was one of the few restaurants everyone could agree on!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter