Le Cellier Steakhouse goes to all day menu

This and this...

We always went and paid OOP. DH & I would both get a bowl of the soup and then usually split the house burger. Now that the soup is $9 a bowl and there is no burger I can't see spending $35-40 (two bowls of soup and two kids meals) for a lunch when all DH & I are getting is a bowl of soup each. If they bring the burger back we might adding it back on our "to do" list but for now we'll find someplace else in Epcot.

Same situation here. I'm keeping our reservation in May for the time being in hopes that they have a "back by popular demand"......but it will be canceled if they don't. I emailed a complaint about the menu change and received the standard reply that it had been forwarded......doubt it will do any good though....

As sad as it is, you have to wonder if they removed the burger for a reason. It appears many people went for soup & a burger or just the burger. The restaurant was always full. They may be trying to fill the tables with people who will order more expensive entrees. I'm not saying I agree with that. We most likely would order appetizers, sides, & desserts for lunch too. We don't want a heavy meal at lunch. You can't help but wonder if there was a method to the madness though.

They're a pretty smart company don't you think? They don't make these decisions without a lot of studying and thought going into it. They have their reasons I am sure...
;)

They're a pretty smart company don't you think? They don't make these decisions without a lot of studying and thought going into it. They have their reasons I am sure...
;)

"Pretty smart" companies make marketing & business mistakes all the time: New Coke, Ford Edsel, Netflix, Sony & Betamax, Mercedes Benz buying Chrysler just to name a few. I'm not saying Disney is making a mistake on any of the mentioned levels or that they are even making a mistake, but even with Disney being a smart company and putting a lot of thought into their decisions can, have, and will make mistakes. I personally think that it was a mistake going signature with LeCellier and not doing anything at all with the decor or little to nothing with the menu... Just my 2 cents.

If it is two credits for lunch then count me out completley. After they changed to "signature" status and charged two credits for dinner, I crossed them of my list for dinner, now if lunch is two credits I will never eat there again.

Same here. I love LeCellier. But there are lots of other restaurants on property that don't count as 2 credits.

I see your point, I do.
Myself, I think they are intending to attract less demand.
:confused3

I think that the objective of any business is to make more money. That's not a complaint or an insult, but my understanding of basic economics.

Le Cellier is always in high demand. As a result, they can make it a signature restaurant, pull in more money, and still keep all their tables full. If their intent is to make money, then why on earth wouldn't they make it a signature restaurant?

From my own standpoint, it's a shame, since we've always loved our meals there. But it simply means that someone who is willing to pay more than we are will have an easier time getting an ADR, and that we'll be nudged into trying someplace else.

Question for those of you who are worried about "eating too much at lunch" and therefore now miss the burger. I believe the 8 oz filet is lighter, less calories, and healthier that the 8oz burger - especially if you eat the bun as well. An 8oz filet usually has less than 500 calories. I am guessing their burger had well over 1,000. Am I wrong? If you usually eat a salad for lunch I can see the filet feeling like too much food but if you usually have a 8 or 10 oz burger with a bun then a filet would seem like a lighter meal right?

TeresaWen said:
Question for those of you who are worried about "eating too much at lunch" and therefore now miss the burger. I believe the 8 oz filet is lighter, less calories, and healthier that the 8oz burger - especially if you eat the bun as well. An 8oz filet usually has less than 500 calories. I am guessing their burger had well over 1,000. Am I wrong? If you usually eat a salad for lunch I can see the filet feeling like too much food but if you usually have a 8 or 10 oz burger with a bun then a filet would seem like a lighter meal right?

I think many have said they split the burger and share an app. Others don't feel like paying the difference between the burger and filet...

I'm sure there are many more reasons too.

An 8 oz filet is not going to reach into my pocketbook and pay for it!! It all comes down to cost. The burger was split table, making it a lot less calories. And having a small cup of cheese soup with that, was affordable for lunch. THAT'S what we're talking about, not calories::yes::.

Well this 14 page thread will either be great for Le Cellier or terrible..
Remains to be seen which!

I agree about the hype. It's funny how so many who declared LC a must do are now cancelling ADRs or saying they won't eat there again. As some of us suspected, it appears to be more about getting the most out of DDP than eating at LC. If it was absolutely a must do & many people's favorite restaurant, they would cut back somewhere else to pay for it. I'm hoping the restaurant will improve now that it's not such a great DDP value.

I don't get the dining plan - I always pay OOP. I used to get the sausage polenta app, the pork chop entree, and the creme brulee dessert. It was a $40 meal. The problem for me is I don't really see anything I want to eat on the new menu (although I have seen various versions of the new menu and have not seen the final in person yet). That's why I won't be dining there. I mean, I could go in and get dessert - the creme brulee is still there. Hardly seems worth it though.

I thought I'd heard somewhere that the menu may be more seasonal, so I have hope that at some point, something I would really love as much as I loved the former lunch menu will show up and I can dine there again.

An 8 oz filet is not going to reach into my pocketbook and pay for it!! It all comes down to cost. The burger was split table, making it a lot less calories. And having a small cup of cheese soup with that, was affordable for lunch. THAT'S what we're talking about, not calories::yes::.

Thanks. Many posts discuss cost but there are some that just refer to not wanting to eat that much food. You can still split the filet. I know it is more expensive than the burger so I guess LC going to 2 credits have changed the way folks feel about it. I never saw posts about the burger before this...just posts talking about using 1 credit to get a filet for lunch.

I think that the objective of any business is to make more money. That's not a complaint or an insult, but my understanding of basic economics.

Le Cellier is always in high demand. As a result, they can make it a signature restaurant, pull in more money, and still keep all their tables full. If their intent is to make money, then why on earth wouldn't they make it a signature restaurant?

From my own standpoint, it's a shame, since we've always loved our meals there. But it simply means that someone who is willing to pay more than we are will have an easier time getting an ADR, and that we'll be nudged into trying someplace else.

Exactly. No business will want to sell a $16 burger that may be split, when they could be selling a $40 entree. FWIW, we often split entrees, so we can order appetizers & desserts. I also like a good deal as much as anyone, so I can understand why people are upset about the price increase & the burger removal. I just don't think it's hard to understand why they did it. Like it or not, Disney doesn't consider any of us indispensable. Now that the change was made, I prefer to think the raised prices will allow them to offer a better experience. If that's the case, it would be a positive change for us. We don't mind to pay for great food. We choose to forgo souvenirs & other extras to have a higher food budget. What I have a problem with is being charged a ridiculous price for mediocre food to make up for the stipend they receive from DDP. This should no longer be the case at LC.

When I'm on vacation, I don't worry about calories. It's the only time I allow myself to eat anything I want. We like a lighter early lunch, because we always eat TS for dinner also. I don't want to be too full to enjoy our evening meal.

Like you, I don't consider a burger & fries a light meal. A fish or chicken entree would be much lighter for those who want an entree & don't want to stuff themselves early in the day. OTOH, the burger is usually the cheapest entree. If it's a financial decision, it makes sense to order a them.

Thanks. Many posts discuss cost but there are some that just refer to not wanting to eat that much food. You can still split the filet. I know it is more expensive than the burger so I guess LC going to 2 credits have changed the way folks feel about it. I never saw posts about the burger before this...just posts talking about using 1 credit to get a filet for lunch.

I had no idea the burger was so incredibly popular, until it was taken off the menu. You have to wonder if it would still be highly sought after, if they brought it back & doubled the price. For some reason, I suspect most burger lovers here wouldn't be booking an ADR at 180 days to get the much beloved burger. ;) Naturally, a few would be willing to pay double for a burger they really love. It's sad that they don't have that option. I think they would be very much in the minority, which is probably why the burger was removed instead of raising the price substantially.

We were the "lunch" crowd that used 1 credit, now we are oop w/ TIW but still not sure we will go....They do an amazing gluten free thing for my son however....hmmm:worried:

My DD worked at Le Cellier, she says the burger wasn't a big seller, I guess that is part of the reason...

:confused3

Exactly! We use TiW card and we are not about dropping $100 on lunch. I often shared the burger with my DD instead of getting her a kids meal.

Exactly! We use TiW card and we are not about dropping $100 on lunch. I often shared the burger with my DD instead of getting her a kids meal.

We also use the TiW card, and I like to use it for a nice, sit down lunch in addition to dinner. The new menu is too expensive, and too heavy a meal for lunch though. I'd like a salad, burger, sandwich, something of that sort for lunch, not a heavy steak. To me, that's a dinner item.

No worries, instead of a $16 burger or salad, I'll get a $9 fish and chips.

We are TIW users who are disappointed by the new menu as well. DH always ordered the burger while my mom & I split a steak for lunch. My favorite was the cream cheese mashed potatoes with it and those are gone too. We are considering making a reservation to go in and order the soup we love then move on elsewhere in world showcase for dinner.

We pay oop and always go to LC. We usually go for dinner. We'll probably not go this time as I don't see the mashed potatoes nor the regular mac and cheese. The two little ones with us would order the mac and cheese, the rest of us ordered steaks. Our picky little ones won't eat what's on the kids menu. I'm really disappointed with the dinner menu.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter