Le Cellier Steakhouse goes to all day menu

Help please! We are going in 10 days & I have been waiting for the new menu to see what the changes would be. #1 they no longer have cream cheese mashed potatoes on the menu. I'm guessing that means I wouldn't be able to sub the mashed potatoes for my risotto. I really wasn't happy about the $$ increase & if I can't sub those, it ruins the whole meal for me. Also, #2 my son always orders the baked mac & cheese from the lunch menu. It is no longer on the menu. He just turned 4 yesterday & he is a very picky eater. He won't eat lobster mac & cheese or anything on the kids menu. At this point I really think I should cancel but we want a really good steak. Is there anywhere that has steaks as good as Le Cellier that we have a chance of getting an ADR this close to our trip? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

You would probably be able to get a reservation at Yachtsman Steakhouse. If you are on DDP it is also 2 credits.

Hopefully everyone will cancel their lunch reservations and the place will be empty. Maybe they'll rethink this new money grab and go back to a separate lunch menu.

Entrées
“Le Cellier” Mushroom Filet Mignon 8-oz AAA Canadian Beef Tenderloin with Wild Mushroom Risotto, White Turffle-Butter Sauce, and Micro Chervil 43.00
Grilled Bone-In Rib-Eye 18 to 20-oz Bone-In Rib-Eye with Herb-Parmesan Potato Wedges and Roasted Garlic Butter 46.00
Grilled Wagyu Short Rib with Stone-ground Grits, Charred Corn, Baby Fennel, Roasted Tomatoes, and "8 Brix" Chipotle Sauce 34.00
Canadian “Prime” New York Strip 12-oz Strip Steak with Potato Pavé, Wilted Spinach, and Vin Rouge Reduction 44.00
Yellowtail Snapper with Roasted Eggplant, Royale Trumpets, Baby Spinach, Ponzu, and Lotus Root Chips 35.00
Lamb Rack with Roasted Eggplant, Pattypan Squash, Tomtoes, Romano Beans, and Lamb Red Wine Jus 42.00
Kurobuta Pork with Baby Spinach, Wild Mushrooms, Fried Cheddar Cheese Pasta, and Smoked Tomato Reduction 38.00
Roasted Free-Range Chicken with Marble Potatoes, Spring Onion, spicy Chicken Sausage, and Roasted Shallot Butter 34.00
Quinoa Potato Cake with Potato, Royale Trupet Mushrooms, Spring Onion, and Baby Squash 25.00

My daughter was there at lunch today and sent me a photo of the Entree portion of the menu. Most was the same as this and what is on the WDW site with a couple exceptions.

Missing from the menu are:

The Yellowtail Snapper with Roasted Eggplant, Royale Trumpets, Baby Spinach, Ponzu, and Lotus Root Chips

Kurobuta Pork with Baby Spinach, Wild Mushrooms, Fried Cheddar Cheese Pasta, and Smoked Tomato Reduction Quinoa Potato Cake with Potato, Royale Trupet Mushrooms, Spring Onion, and Baby Squash

Quinoa Potato Cake with Potato, Royale Trupet Mushrooms, Spring Onion, and Baby Squash

Instead there is

Golden Tilefish with glazed Salsify, Potato, Haricot Verts, and warm Bacon Vinaigrette.

Seared Veal Tenderloin with Parsnip Baby Brussel Sprouts, Wild Mushrooms, and grain Mustard Jus

Winter Squash Ravioli with Spinach, Flagship Reserve Cheddar, Toasted Pumpkin Seeds, and Sage Brown-Butter.

Sorry, but the photo was only the entree choices. No prices or other parts of the menu such as appetizers , sides and desserts.

I personally will be rethinking Le Cellier as a must do when I make my 180 day reservations in March.

A few quick questions...

- We have lunch reservations on Monday. We won't be on the dining plan, but the filet is now double the price! What kind of response would we get if we wanted to split the filet?

- Can anyone confirm that the mashed potatoes are no longer an option?

- Does anyone know if the kids meals have changed? (Were they the same for lunch and dinner before)? When we went for lunch in Dec, DD ordered the kids steak and it came with a side, app, and dessert - is that still an option?

Thanks!

Wow. I have a lot to say about this, since I used to really like LC in comparison to other in-park WDW restaurants. I still think the filet with truffle butter and mushroom risotto is a solid dish, and obviously the pretzel bread, cheese soup, and maple crème brûlée have loyal fans (I'm not one of them).

And to be fair, I do think Disney tried to raise the bar when they upgraded dinner to a 2-credit meal. Le Cellier received a new head chef (who'd previously been at Yachtsman) and some of the new dishes were great. The dinner poutine creatively incorporated upscale ingredients, such as red wine reduction and truffle salt (some people still harp on the fact that it isn't traditional, but I expect signature restaurants to take classic dishes and shake them up). Many of the other dishes, such as the lobster chopped salad, were also unique (and at certain points in time, they had venison, oxtail, and buffalo on the menu).

The main problems with the changeover (in my opinion) were the following:

1. The prices have skyrocketed, even for dishes that are exactly the same as before.

2. The atmosphere is still poor. In comparison to the breathtaking views from California Grill and Narcoossee's, the rustic grandeur of Artist Point, the modern elegance of Jiko and Flying Fish, and the traditional ambiance of Yachtsman and Brown Derby, who'd want to eat in a grimy cellar where the tables are 12 inches apart?

3. Service hasn't improved. On our last meal at Le Cellier over the summer, I asked if I could substitute a vegetable side in place of the french fries that came with my salmon sliders. Our server told me that I could get mashed potatoes instead, but that was it. I questioned this further (since I remember non-potato options being available), and his smarmy reply was "we're a steakhouse. That's what we do." How rude and unaccommodating. First and foremost, you're a Disney restaurant (a real steakhouse would have more than 3 steaks on the menu) and you should be able to accommodate reasonable dietary requests. Secondly, that excuse would never slide at Yachtsman, where they happily allow you to swap out your accompaniment for practically any other potato/vegetable on the menu. Also, the hosts and hostesses are often very condescending when people try for walkups. I know they're probably proud to work at a restaurant that's so frequently booked up, but they shouldn't be. My local Cheesecake Factory would also be booked out frequently if they accepted reservations. Overall, the haughtiness of many workers at LC isn't appreciated.

Honestly, I was a big supporter of LC when they converted dinner to a signature experience. It seemed like they were trying to improve things (even if some dishes will always be the same). However, they haven't done enough. I see plenty on LC's new menu that I'd like to try, but with the atmosphere and service as they are, Le Cellier can't compete with the other signatures.

jrmasm said:
Another restaraunt ruined by the dining plan. :furious:
I knew someone would make that statement soon enough. Seriously, you can't blame the DP for this. That's preposterous.

TDC Nala said:
the chocolate moose is not gone. It is listed with the kids' meals.
sorry but unless im just not reading properly, its not listed under the kids menu either. I just checked.

OrangeCountyCommuter said:
It started the downhill slide several years ago. I don't think the DDP is ENTIRELY to blame. LeCellier became "overhyped" on boards like this and everyone "HAD" to eat there. They just started resting on thier success and doing NOTHING to deserve it. And those of us who were brave enough to say "didn't like it" got TRASHED>... Literally I got PMs calling me names LOL! (Is your personal worth that tied up in your view of a Disney resturant???LOL!)

Going to Signature was the final blow. Gee, all we have to do is raise prices LOL! Service was bad, food was so so.. pricing was :rotfl2: Gave it one try and was shocked that Disney felt that was "signature" WHY???? High prices?? GEE!!!!

Never again~!
VERY well said! I also got bullied for admitting to not liking Le Cellier, many times. Ridiculous. This is the most over hyped restaurant. I would have given it another chance if lunch at least remained one credit. But now that its two credits all day, LMAO, not a chance in heck! Some items remained the same, but all they did was hike up the prices. Unreal!

For those on the DP, I have to wonder, why would one eat at Le Cellier when you can go to a real signature restaurant for the same two credits? Atmosphere at LC is lousy, tables too close together, and the service is nothing to write home about. Esp when comparing to the other signature restaurants.

goofyintoronto said:
I knew someone would make that statement soon enough. Seriously, you can't blame the DP for this. That's preposterous.

sorry but unless im just not reading properly, its not listed under the kids menu either. I just checked.

VERY well said! I also got bullied for admitting to not liking Le Cellier, many times. Ridiculous. This is the most over hyped restaurant. I would have given it another chance if lunch at least remained one credit. But now that its two credits all day, LMAO, not a chance in heck! Some items remained the same, but all they did was hike up the prices. Unreal!

In your opinion. Obviously I disagree and I doubt I'm alone.

ETA the 'moose' dessert is listed in the kids section in my pp which was copied directly from Disney's website this morning.

Help please! We are going in 10 days & I have been waiting for the new menu to see what the changes would be. #1 they no longer have cream cheese mashed potatoes on the menu. I'm guessing that means I wouldn't be able to sub the mashed potatoes for my risotto. I really wasn't happy about the $$ increase & if I can't sub those, it ruins the whole meal for me. Also, #2 my son always orders the baked mac & cheese from the lunch menu. It is no longer on the menu. He just turned 4 yesterday & he is a very picky eater. He won't eat lobster mac & cheese or anything on the kids menu. At this point I really think I should cancel but we want a really good steak. Is there anywhere that has steaks as good as Le Cellier that we have a chance of getting an ADR this close to our trip? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

It's not inside a park, but I thought Yachtsman Steakhouse was excellent! As it's located at the Yacht Club right by the International Gateway, you could still go there on your Epcot day with a short walk.

My steak was awesome (many cuts are available!) and it appears they have a truffled mac and cheese as a side. I don't believe my potatoes had cream cheese, but they were very, very good. The desserts are also TO DIE FOR.

It is a signature restaurant, so if you have the DDP it will cost you two credits - however, now LC would be the same. I looked at the Disney website and it appears there are a variety of available ADR's, so you shouldn't have a problem. This is a pretty quiet time at Disney.

I would highly recommend Yachtsman! :goodvibes

I am so sad! :( The mushroom filet is one of my favorite meals at Disney. We don't do the DDP anymore because it has gotten too expensive so we pay out of pocket when we do dine. We have ADR's for our Jan. trip in 10 days and our July trip for lunch at Le Cellier. We chose lunch because we all like the Mushroom filet and it was only $26 as opposed to $43. I can't justify paying $43 to eat lunch, I don't care how good it is. :( Count me in as one who will be canceling her lunch ADR's.

Count me in as someone who will wait to see the new menu before I cancel my lunch ADR for April. If I don't like it I will cancel.

I also have an ADR for WCC that I may cancel closer to our trip. I'm holding out that they go back to their old menu as a result of guest complaint over that menu change.

With all these changes with restaurants and FP+, I can feel the 'magic' being sucked out of my vacation this year. I planned ahead, made ADRs to coincide with the park days and now these changes have basically ruined all my planning.

I had already decided not to do the DDP this year after 7 straight years... At this point I honestly see us eating CS and snacking on park days and saving our nice meals out for off property on our pool days. There are many restaurants I have always wanted to try in the area. This may be the year...

In your opinion. Obviously I disagree and I doubt I'm alone.
You're not alone - I completely agree with you that the DDP has had a crippling effect on many WDW restaurants (with LC being a notable example now).

Le Cellier was actually one of our favorites before the DDP (in its current form) was launched (around 2005). The restaurant was really easy to book, and its lunch menu had many light, reasonably priced options.

With the DDP, however, Le Cellier became a must-do for many people on the DDP because it was a 'good value'. A decent filet mignon for 1 credit within the parks - who could turn it down? Combined with LC's small size, demand for Le Cellier began to strongly exceed supply, and the restaurant developed an elusive 'aura' that still captivates people to try it to this day. With demand so highly skewed by people looking for more expensive, 1-credit meals, it only made sense for Disney to increase prices (and eventually credit allocations). Overall, dinner at LC is still one of the hardest bookings to obtain. It might be easier than before, but I don't think Disney sees the changeover as a huge mistake. Otherwise, they wouldn't have carried over the same menu to lunch.

The DDP skews other factors as well. It's one of the main reasons why so many other restaurants are offering all-day menus now (the DDP had increased demand for dinner since the prices were typically higher, so an all-day menu helps balance out the demand for dinner and lunch). So if you were willing to pay OOP for a light lunch, too bad. And don't get me started on prices, portion sizes, homogenization of ingredients, lack of ADR availability, etc. It's all been hashed out before. While the DDP might not have been the sole contributing factor, it's definitely a significant one.

So sad the cream cheese mashed potatoes are gone, and my kids will miss the mussels appetizer! Wonder if they will allow you to substitute the mushroom risotto that comes with the filet for the lobster mac and cheese?

Oh, and none of the desserts interest me. :sad2:

I am so thankful that I was able to squeeze in one last lunch on my December trip. I love a good mac and cheese, but I don't eat lobster, so that is gone for me (I used to get the pork chop with mac and cheese entree). I loved the chipotle sausage and polenta app - that is gone. The only thing left for me is the maple creme brulee - and it's hardly worth the effort of going through the ADR process just for the creme brulee. More meals for the rest of you I guess.

I don't do a lot of ADR's these days. They have improved the quality and variety of QS dining a lot, and since QS allows me to eat when I'm actually hungry, I've been going that route more and more.

We had lunch reservations for Saturday and I will be calling and canceling tomorrow. This was an alltime favorite- but not at those prices!!!

I'm going to seriously miss that spicy chicken sausage app! It was one of my favorite menu items in all of WDW. sniff sniff.

Just canceled my lunch reservation for January 25th. There is no way that I am going to pay $43 for the filet (which is my favorite) or anything else on the menu. We don't do the dining plan and I just can't justify it and I'm not a cheap person! Not much shocks me when it comes to prices at Disney World, but this change to the Le Cellier lunch menu does. When I told my son he said "another restaurant ruined."

The pretzel bread is also my favorite along with the cheddar cheese soup and and maple crème brûlée. I think on my next trip, I'll just order the soup and dessert and ditch the entree.

That's exactly what I will wind up doing as well. I'll add a side of poutine too, but they will be losing money on my table because we would have ordered meals with the previous menu instead of just a few items.

I think we will do the same thing when we go in August... order the cheddar cheese soup (and hopefully still get the pretzel bread) and then order one cream brulee to share between the two of us.

I was looking forward to going to Le Cellier on my next trip! I still am.. but I really wanted steak! Its a "steakhouse" for crying out loud! I just can't bring myself to pay $43 for the fillet/risotto!

Another restaraunt ruined by the dining plan. :furious:

I never managed to get an ADR before this trip and now we have our last lunch there. I was hoping to not pay so much doing lunch instead of dinner and we were thinking of getting the prix-fixe menu. Well, we're still going (I want to try the cheddar soup and creme brulee too badly to give this up after all it took to get this ADR) but I believe we'll share entrees.

Has anyone shared entrees at Le Cellier? I'll probably share a filet with my DFi and DMIL will share something with DBIL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter