Lawful Marriage ~ A Tale of Two Wives

Congrats Ladies!
What no more pictures?? I was really enjoying this Trip Report.
Wedding Report?
Well, no matter, I enjoy both...

:lmao: Well, since ya' asked...

We honeymooned in DC for a few days after we wed and it was amazing. Neither of us had ever been.

One of our favorite things was a night tour that took us around the city. It would have only been better had it been cooler than the temperature of the surface of the sun while we were there, but nonetheless...:goodvibes

The Capital:

002.jpg

The Washington Monument:

007.jpg

The White House...we tried to spy Obama in the window but they said he wasn't home...

020.jpg

The WWII Memorial:

039.jpg

Mr. Lincoln:

100.jpg

My favorite was the Jefferson Memorial:

064.jpg

061.jpg

And the Vietnam Memorial was very moving, and beautiful at night.

125.jpg

The Vietnam Memorial brings me to tears every time. It's just so big...too big. :sad2:

It was incredibly sad. And we learned something with our guide. Most names of soldiers are introduced by diamonds. Those soldiers whose names are introduced by crosses have never been found. If and when a soldier's body is recovered, their diamond is "filled in". :guilty:

124.jpg

Wow! Those are great pictures Jen and what a unique setting for a marriage. It's pretty damn cool and it's something you will always remember.

Once again, I can't express how happy I am for you both. I wish I could have been in WDW around the sametime and hooked up with both of you. I would have loved to met you both at my favorite bar in all of WDW, the barefoot pool bar at the Polynesian and bought you two some of these.

img_5845.jpg

Wow! Those are great pictures Jen and what a unique setting for a marriage. It's pretty damn cool and it's something you will always remember.

Once again, I can't express how happy I am for you both. I wish I could have been in WDW around the sametime and hooked up with both of you. I would have loved to met you both at my favorite bar in all of WDW, the barefoot pool bar at the Polynesian and bought you two some of these.

img_5845.jpg

Thanks for your kindness, my friend. :hug:

And, you know us by now. We don't ever turn down a drink. Next time we're all there, we're takin' you up on your offer.

After we finish at the Poly, you can follow us to La Cava for a margarita or a tequila flight. :rolleyes1

Those are fantastic pictures!!

The Vietnam Memorial looks so moving - both of my grandfathers are veterans & my brother is in the Army; anything military & I become a blubbering mess.

Congrats to you both! I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for that dining report. I have it stuck in my head that "Uncle Remus" is going to look like that evil lady from Pete's Dragon, and I really need to prove myself wrong!!!! I hope you have many years of happiness awaiting you!!!!!

Yeah, more pictures!!
It's been years since I've been to DC. Your pictures bring it all back.
Think I'll have to hit up DH for a trip there sometime.

Ahem, someone forgot to post the Korean War Memorial pics:

DCWedding229.jpg

DCWedding228.jpg

And this one from the Viet Nam Memorial which is placed to overlook the Wall previously posted:

DCWedding245.jpg

Congratulations! What a great setting for a wedding and honeymoon. Sounds like a terrific trip.

The Vietnam Memorial brings me to tears every time. It's just so big...too big. :sad2:

It was very moving. There were people there that were crying, when I visited.:sad1:

I think DC in general is a great place to visit. There is so much to see there.

OMGosh, that is wonderful news! I'm so very happy for you both. You deserve much happiness. Congratulations! :goodvibes

It was very moving. There were people there that were crying, when I visited.:sad1:

I think DC in general is a great place to visit. There is so much to see there.

I think it's just that the emotion there is always so raw. The other memorials are moving, but to see people making rubbings of a loved one's name or placing flowers or photos...oh, it just gets me. The first time I went I just bawled.

I lived in DC for a few years...it's a fascinating city, unless you're driving ;)

I lived in DC for a few years...it's a fascinating city, unless you're driving ;)

:lmao:

We loved the city! I wasn't expecting to, but I don't think I realized how absolutely beautiful the architecture would be, or how each neighborhood would be so different from the next and how all of them are filled with different character.

Here's a few more DC shots:

We found this mural down in the Adams-Morgan district:

DCWedding266.jpg

Walking down towards Dupont Circle we saw this:

DCWedding288.jpg

The fountain at Dupont Circle:

DCWedding295.jpg

Someone got married shortly before the Pride Parade and we got to watch:

DCWedding297.jpg

And a few more of my favorite neighborhood shots:

DCWedding268.jpg

DCWedding142.jpg

We want to go back when we can walk around without fainting from the heat. :rotfl:

OMGosh, that is wonderful news! I'm so very happy for you both. You deserve much happiness. Congratulations! :goodvibes

Does that sig ticker say 114 days til your honeymoon at Disneyland, let me say congratulations right now 'n I'll do it again later. :teeth:

And thank you, good to see you again. :hug:

Here's somethin' we ran across on our walk to DuPont Circle on Connecticut Ave:

DCWedding301.jpg

DCWedding302.jpg

It's a small sittin' area memorializin' his service.

Congratulations so much and I wish the both of you all of the happiness in the world!!

I also love the photos of washington, I have always wanted to visit there.

Congratulations on your marriage!! I hope you have a lifetime of happiness :goodvibes

And the pics from Washington DC are wonderful, I haven't really been since I was a kid and would love to go back there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter