Ladies and gentlemen boys and girls tonigth .......

ANY chance at all they will include the last week in August? I am going Aug 25/30 and I really wanted free dining. It will such a huge disappointment if they dont do it for that week.. I just have to wait and see. Thanks for all the info

ANY chance at all they will include the last week in August? I am going Aug 25/30 and I really wanted free dining. It will such a huge disappointment if they dont do it for that week.. I just have to wait and see. Thanks for all the info

No, not at this point.

Thank you so much Danny and Black:flower3: And everyone else who is so helpful here! We are finally going back to WDW:yay: We have not been since 2009. It will be my 3 yo DD's first trip!! My 2 older are now Disney adults so free dining will help us out so much. We will be there from Sept. 14-20. Hope to see some of you there!!:grouphug:

Thank you so much Danny and Black:flower3: And everyone else who is so helpful here! We are finally going back to WDW:yay: We have not been since 2009. It will be my 3 yo DD's first trip!! My 2 older are now Disney adults so free dining will help us out so much. We will be there from Sept. 14-20. Hope to see some of you there!!:grouphug:

Cool, Belle. My daughter, son-in-law & my granddaughter will be there Sep 12 - 20. Granddaughter's birthday is Sep 14, & we already have an apptmt for her at princess: Bibbity Bobbity Boutique princess: for that day.
Getting the FD will help us a LOT - save close to $1500. woohoo!

I am hoping that they extend it as well...

These dates do not help us with our trip but this is a sign that things are headed in the right direct for us...we don't go till December but have our reservations already booked with the regular dining plan....we currently are reserved a Moderate Resort for now, but if the Free dining ends up flopping we may bunker down at a Deluxe again and make it work...

it was cramped quarters but definitely doable again if we have to.

Oh the things we do for our Dining Fix :)

So people have said that as long as there is room availability for the set aside rooms, you can get the discount. How is that done?

I want to go for a week, so does that mean there has to be availability in the block of rooms each night for those seven nights, otherwise it will tell me they are sold out, or does it go by check-in day, so only so many rooms a day for check-in get the discount, and then it doesn't matter if one person stays 3 days while another stays 2 weeks?

That's great the Sept. dates for FD are out. Can you combine the FD deal with a room discount or have to pick one or the other? The dates I plan to go fall in "Value Season 2" anyhow so I think the FD would be the better discount.

Does anyone know if Disney Visa cardholders get any additional perks to room discounts during the value season? I looked on the visa rewards site but didn't see anything. I am aware if you use your card you get 0% financing for up to 6 months which is nice..but I had heard somewhere Visa cardholders get a special discount on rooms, NOT sure if this is true or not. Anyone know?

1. That's great the Sept. dates for FD are out. Can you combine the FD deal with a room discount or have to pick one or the other?

2. The dates I plan to go fall in "Value Season 2" anyhow so I think the FD would be the better discount.

1. Only one

2. Yes you have to :teacher: (do the math)

So people have said that as long as there is room availability for the set aside rooms, you can get the discount. How is that done?

I want to go for a week, so does that mean there has to be availability in the block of rooms each night for those seven nights, otherwise it will tell me they are sold out, or does it go by check-in day, so only so many rooms a day for check-in get the discount, and then it doesn't matter if one person stays 3 days while another stays 2 weeks?

Each resort will be allotted a certain number of free dining rooms under the promo. For example, lets say, Pop Century has 100 standard rooms available for the FD promo. If you call the first day the discount is available you will most likely have no issue booking or adding the discount to an existing reservation. But lets say you call 2 weeks later and they say they are sold out of standard rooms, they may have availability in a preferred room, but those could be booked up too and you may have to change resorts for availability. You can also have them check different check in or check out dates to look for availability, if your original dates are sold out.

That's great the Sept. dates for FD are out. Can you combine the FD deal with a room discount or have to pick one or the other? The dates I plan to go fall in "Value Season 2" anyhow so I think the FD would be the better discount.

Does anyone know if Disney Visa cardholders get any additional perks to room discounts during the value season? I looked on the visa rewards site but didn't see anything. I am aware if you use your card you get 0% financing for up to 6 months which is nice..but I had heard somewhere Visa cardholders get a special discount on rooms, NOT sure if this is true or not. Anyone know?

No, you can not stack discounts.

Disney Visa discount promos for WDW are not any different than general public discounts, the Disney Visa holders just get a 3 day jump on the general public.

It's just the difference between the 2 plans. About $18 per night, per adult and about $3 per child, per night.

And yes you would qualify for the 6 months no interest.

Thanks for the reply.

We are currently booked with a bounceback room only at Pop. Per my calculations the package would cost me $157 more for quick service or $337 for regular dining. Either way i think i come out ahead vs paying OOP for food.

I also assume my best bet is to book the package online and then call back after the frenzy and cancels my bounceback, correct?

Thankful I found this board and can see when discounts are going to come out. We are booked for September 28-October 5 at POR Royal Room and all are meals are booked. My girls are on fall break that week and are dates are not flexible. We are coming regardless of discounts, but was really hoping for a Free Dining deal or Room Discount based on what I've read in the past. This is our first time going in the fall. keeping my fingers crossed that something will be released for that week. congrats to all who qualified for free dining.

:)

Zip a dee do dah! Zip a dee aey...my oh my what a WONDERFUL day!!! :goodvibes::rolleyes1:yay: I have been doing this every since I first heard this great news!!! I had just crunched the numbers last night...as a family of 5 where 2 of our 3 kids are now adults, I wasn't sure how everything would shake out...I calculated out how much we would pay out of pocket for our meals if we did not purchase the plan (as we don't typically eat as much as the plan includes, and our 11 and 12 year old certainly would not order an adult meal all of the time . . . ) and while the estimated cost for us is signifcantly less than the actual cost of the plan....including tips....I wasn't sure how it would work out. But, when I "guestimated" a 20% discount at POR as that tends to be what they offer, the "Free Dining" at a total discount of -$1676.76 for our family is definately the better deal.

The stars have all aligned for us this year...we scored $576 round trip airfare....for ALL FIVE of us from the Philadelphia area!!!! Hope the weather cooperates too.

Yahooo!!!! Wishing all of you equally bountiful savings!!!

How on earth did you get such low airfare?! I've been looking at flying out of Philly vs driving and have resigned myself to driving as it's just so much more expensive to fly. I'm jealous of your plane tickets.

Just to clarify...
I know you can't stack discounts (free dining and room discount)... does that mean that if I apply a FD to my reservation that I can't get the seasonally adjusted room rate? I'm assuming that I can, since I think stacking generally refers to stacking a FD discount and a %off discount above and beyond the seasonally adjusted rates but just don't want to be surprised when I call to adjust my reservation and have to do math on the fly...

Just to clarify...
I know you can't stack discounts (free dining and room discount)... does that mean that if I apply a FD to my reservation that I can't get the seasonally adjusted room rate? I'm assuming that I can, since I think stacking generally refers to stacking a FD discount and a %off discount above and beyond the seasonally adjusted rates but just don't want to be surprised when I call to adjust my reservation and have to do math on the fly...

You pay rack rate for whatever season you're in, so yes, you'll get value rates if you book for September.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter