Ladies and gentlemen boys and girls tonigth .......

Other than the end if August being excluded, this offer is exactly what I and a lot of other Disers expected. I, along with Black and Smitch and a lot of other people said free dining would definitely be offered for this time frame, the height of hurricane season, and that those "rumors" about no values being included were baseless and really only ever applied to UK FD offers in the past. These dates are solid. There might be some LM rooms included in the offer, but they would have to be very limited.

That was the most posible scenario and was 4 month ago, it´s was at that moment the most posible option inside the marketing department, but things change and I have sayed that when I have made a thread about that posibility, after that I´ve posted sistematically week after week telling that nothing will be available until the last weekend that i¨ve have sayed nothing until May 10, Ok now, May 9 will be the FD OK? And all of the Disney related sites today makes echoes of this but you have read it before here :thumbsup2

We'll be in WDW during these dates and applied a PIN for our room. Will we also get the FD if I call WDW and ask them to apply it?

That was the most posible scenario and was 4 month ago, it´s was at that moment the most posible option inside the marketing department, but things change and I have sayed that when I have made a thread about that posibility, after that I´ve posted sistematically week after week telling that nothing will be available until the last weekend that i¨ve have sayed nothing until May 10, Ok now, May 9 will be the FD OK? And all of the Disney related sites today makes echoes of this but you have read it before here :thumbsup2

Thanks for the clarification guys! This is good news, thanks for posting :)

Question-- I've never used the FREE dining plan before, actually I've never used the dining plan ;) Sooooooo.....do I have to buy 2 day tickets for everyone in the room to qualify or just one person? reason I'm asking is that I can get discounted tix through the military so I want to maximize my savings :lmao:

Also-- if you get a military discount on the room, would you still be allowed the free dining?

Thanks!

So lets talk about this LM room scenario a minute.
In the past has anyone that has already been booked for a room view with dining called to apply a discount and been told that FD was not avaliable for their room even when they already had it booked?? KWIM? I totally understand Disney only allowing X amount of LM rooms to get the discount but then it seems like such an odd situation telling the people that they are sold out of rooms for FD when the person has a room booked! :confused3 Do they save some rooms for new bookings rather than a person applying the discount to a current ressie?

We were booked at Pop because even though we LOVE AOA we can not afford a suite for the 4 of us. I did not do LM rooms because of their non-availability of discounts. But now that they are probably included I switched my ressie today to LM. Hoping that maybe if I call at 7:00am EST on May 9th I will get a shot at FD for the room. I am sure there are tons of other mammas hoping to make this happen. :goodvibes

We are currently booked 9/30-10/6. I've been prepared to move a day or two to coincide with FD as it will save my family almost $1000. Hadn't planned on moving it back that much though. Worst part is the only other time we will be able to go is before F&W :( Oh well, there's always next time I guess...it's too big a savings to ignore and I'm not willing to chance whether or not my current dates will be included in another FD offer for fall!

Question-- I've never used the FREE dining plan before, actually I've never used the dining plan ;) Sooooooo.....do I have to buy 2 day tickets for everyone in the room to qualify or just one person? reason I'm asking is that I can get discounted tix through the military so I want to maximize my savings :lmao:

Also-- if you get a military discount on the room, would you still be allowed the free dining?

Thanks!

Every person must buy a 2 day ticket.

Room has to be full price.

In the past has anyone that has already been booked for a room view with dining called to apply a discount and been told that FD was not avaliable for their room even when they already had it booked?? KWIM? I totally understand Disney only allowing X amount of LM rooms to get the discount but then it seems like such an odd situation telling the people that they are sold out of rooms for FD when the person has a room booked! :confused3 Do they save some rooms for new bookings rather than a person applying the discount to a current ressie?

We were booked at Pop because even though we LOVE AOA we can not afford a suite for the 4 of us. I did not do LM rooms because of their non-availability of discounts. But now that they are probably included I switched my ressie today to LM. Hoping that maybe if I call at 7:00am EST on May 9th I will get a shot at FD for the room. I am sure there are tons of other mammas hoping to make this happen. :goodvibes

They load the discounts in per resort per room type. If rooms are soldout or close to it, they do not load it for that date or room type. It doesn't matter if you already have a reservation. Their idea is to get new bookings, not give discounts to already booked rooms.

Last year I knew a few people who had booked prior and their resort had availability but not their room category, so they had to upgrade to like a garden view or woods view. I really think LM is going to be VERY limited.

So my best guess is that the "FREE dining is Dead" stuff started because Disney did announce in 2011 that it would be weaning the public off discounts, then in 2012 they really couldn't because, while people are willing to go to Disney, they realized that without good discounts, people are willing to stay off site. So in 2012 they continued the FREE dining. However in 2013 SO FAR, Disney NOT offering FREE dining in Jan/Feb made everyone BELIEVE that free dining was dead. So people believed it wouldn't happen for Aug/Sept either. And as we see, it isn't happening for Aug.

I also think that FREE dining at busy times, will back off, as they have already in 2013. Doesn't mean FREE dining is dead, just that FREE dining throughout the year is dead.

I also don't want others planning vacations ASSUMING they will get free dining. There are people who believe they are going to get it and plan around it, budget for it but can't afford to go without it.

My point: Plan your vacations at full price, and if/when you get a discount then that is money that can go in the bank for your NEXT Disney vacation.

( I am hoping for Free dining for November, it would save us $1000 - to go in the bank for next June)

Danny & Black - you are both very dedicated Disney fans who bring so much hope to others with your announcements. Have a great day!

Wow lucky yall september travelers! Super excited for you ;)

Whats your opinion on Nov/Dec getting free dining...like the saturday following thanksgiving (Nov. 30)?

Yall think we still got a chance?

There usually is. Every single year everyone frets and frets about free dining and worries nothin will come out - and then it does :-)

I am hoping for some kind of extension of the dates. I just don't see Sept. happening for us because we have so much going on that month. Still thinking though.

The October - December free dining dates are not typically even released until the summertime - usually July, sometimes August.

Yes, in 2011 I had to change room view because of FREE dining, and of course I had to upgrade my view. LM rooms when I checked yesterday were not available for most of the dates so if I were you I would stick with POP. Just know that you may have to change view (from standard to preferred, or pool view)

Last year I knew a few people who had booked prior and their resort had availability but not their room category, so they had to upgrade to like a garden view or woods view. I really think LM is going to be VERY limited.
This is exactly correct. I had a client last year who wanted a Royal Guest room for her stay. So she booked it in anticipation of FD coming out. Well, it did come out, however no availability in her room category. She REALLY wanted that room, so she stuck with the room only discount she had instead. So you have to be flexible in where you are staying. Just because you booked a room, doesn't guarantee you'll be able to keep that room with free dining. There's only so many rooms at each resort in the free dining "pot".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter