• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Keys to the Kingdom/The trip of a lifetime!

Great report so far! :goodvibes What room were you in at the GF - was it a regular room in the main building, or did they give you a suite? Also, did your VIP guide have a pre-set itinerary for you, or did you tell him where you wanted to go and what you wanted to eat? What was your favorite restaurant during your magical trip?

-Michelle

I am loving reading your trip of a lifetime report and seeing some of your pictures! :goodvibes You are doing an awesome job and I know we all can't wait for more! :thumbsup2

Did they give each one of you spending money, to be able to buy whatever you wanted?

minnierocks said:
But as my husband walked to the table, there were two (stemware) glasses, a bottle of Evian, and a gold-wrapped box that had the GF Spa embossed on the top...all put together with gold string. :goodvibes
When we opened the box, inside was a box that was made from dark chocolate that had chocolates inside! It doesn't get any better than chocolates inside chocolate!!! :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:
It was just a wonderful touch of class!
Dark chocolate at the GF at WDW - dreams really do come true!

This is definitely the most exciting TR ever!!
When you walked into the MK for your "day"
did you know you were going to be surrounded by
the characters and cm's? Was everything a complete
surprise or did you know in advance? Thanks so
much for sharing this wonderful experience! I am
glued to this report!! :thumbsup2

I am just LOVING this...what a dream, what a dream!! And how cool that your kids are of the age that they'll remember this for a lifetime!!

More please!!! I neeed....I neeeeeeddd!!!! :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

Thank you so much for sharing your trip report. Just like everyone else, every time I watch the video (many times already today) I start to cry. I am soooo happy for you and your family.

Debbie

Great trip report!! How exciting! Such wonderful memories your family will have. I too am getting choked up reading so far.

:love: :love: :cloud9: :cloud9:
those two emotions can explain what i'm feeling right now thinking about how magical your first day at WDW was!!!! I wish I could've been there with ya!! LOL... ;) ;) Definetly cannot wait until your next installment. Keep all the details coming no matter how small or insignificant you may think they are!! :scratchin You are doing a great job reliving the experience. And thank you for sharing it with all of us!!! I can't wait to read more..... :mickeyjum

We got up early (no need to waste any time!)...we are at Disney World! :banana:
We headed to the concierge lounge for a light breakfast. OH MY! :p What a wonderful way to start the morning. It was more than I imagined it would be...there were cheeses and cold meats, sweet breads and danishes, a spread of all kinds of fruit, yogurt and cereals. There were all kinds of juices, coffees and teas...and there wasn't a plastic bowl or spoon in sight! :teeth:
We enjoyed our breakfast as we looked out the window to the lagoon. It was the perfect way to start the day! :goodvibes

We met Joey in the lobby and headed out to the SUV...it was a Suburban, that was roomy enough for us all. We drove over to MGM to spend most of the day there. We were about to discover just how fabulous Joey was at his job! ;) See while we had certain times and places that were scheduled in, Joey had taken the time to listen :listen: to many of the things that we wanted to do and see...and then he made sure that everything happened! It really was amazing! I feel like sometimes we would just think something or mention it in casual conversation and Joey would make sure that it happened! We learned very quickly that Joey knew the place way better than we did and we just let him do his thing! :wizard:

I'm enjoying this so much! Thanks for sharing it all.

The way you are sharing it; slowly, a little at a time, is making it even more suspenseful. You're teasing us!! :goodvibes

Well, we get there and head right in by the Rock N Roller coaster! We head over to the Tower of Terror...it will be DS's first time! DD says "not this time", so we wait until DH and DS finish and then we head over to the Rock 'N Roller coaster. This will be DD first time and her first big coaster. We go through fast pass so that she can see the movie and get the whole story. We ride and WOOHOO! She loves it! :cool1:

126701Roller_Coaster-thumb.jpg

Next we head over to Star Tours...the guys were talking about this ride at dinner the night before! DH and DS are HUGE Star Wars fans!!! :yoda: :darth: :chewy: :ewok:

So we head over to the ride and a CM stops us right before we go in. He greets us with a big "Hey, It's the Spanglers! We are so glad that you are here!" He asks us to wait there for just a minute and then they'll get us in. We wait for a moment and then they walk us through a little walkway...with DS and DH in the lead...they walk right into :darth: and a few of his troopers...AAHHHHH!

126701darth_vadar_2_-thumb.jpg

Are you kidding me? Joey was right on with this one!!! This is what I meant when I said Joey listened :listen: and then would just make really cool things happen! :smooth: DS had a perma grin for the rest of the afternoon! I couldn't believe this... :goodvibes

So after Star Tours, we head over to Indiana Jones...of course, VIP seating...

126701Indiana_Jones_Show-thumb.jpg

Funny story with this one...when we were talking the night before about going to this show, Ashley stated that she would never want to sit in the front row of that show because it would be too hot when things exploded. Joey said, "Well, how about the 2nd?" She said "No, I think it would be hot in the 2nd row too." That was all that said...Guess where we sat? In the 3rd row... :rotfl2: :rotfl2: As we were seated, DD looks at me and says, "And he has a sense of humor too!" :lmao: :lmao:

After Indiana Jones, we head to the Primetime 50's Cafe...

[
126701s_Cafe-thumb.jpg

We've never been here before and as "Aunt Claire" plops down beside DS and starts asking him where he's been...he just starts cracking up...then she tells him it's a good thing he already took off his hat!!! The meal was a blast! At this point, we trust Joey to do whatever and this choice didn't let us down! The kids loved this lunch...it was just so much fun! They loved it when Aunt Claire put a Little Mermaid bib on Joey!

We head over to Beauty and the Beast...we've never seen it before...again VIP seating in the front! :dance3: I loved it!!! It brought tears to my eyes...the costumes were so beautiful, the dances so wonderfully choreographed, and the beast scene was so moving! :love: I am so glad that we didn't miss it. Joey had a way of getting everything in that we wanted to do...

We went and did some of other favorites...the Great Movie Ride, the Muppets, and some shopping. But we needed to head over to the MK for a little meeting about some of the things that would be happening on Wednesday...so we leave MGM and take off for the MK. :wave:

That is simply amazing that your family won and you are kind enough to share it with us! Thank you so much! Like I've seen mentioned throughout, you usually just read a little article about these types of things. In fact, i read an article about your family the other day thinking how awesome that experience was for you guys! Thats great!!! I can't wait to hear more :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter