Keys to the Kingdom/The trip of a lifetime!

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by minnierocks, Oct 9, 2006.

1. jedijill

jedijill <font color=red>Chiefs fan living in Bronco countr

Congrats! I was in MK that day and watched you guys as you rode Peter Pan and Small World. Then, when I was leaving, you guys were up on the second floor of the train station being interviewed. I was VERY jealous! I'm glad it went to someone who deserved and appreciated the prize!

Jill in KC

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jengelbrecht

jengelbrecht Mouseketeer

:goodvibes Thank you so much Minnierocks, for posting about your trip! I'm sure I speak for us all when I say we are absolutely thrilled to death to read about your wonderful experience! :thumbsup2 Jealous, but thrilled!
    Hope to hear much more soon! :yay:

4. DisneyFunfor3

DisneyFunfor3 Do you have CRO on speed dial?

Bumping...tell us more...tell us more...tell us more! :yay: :bounce: :surfweb:

5. kimkreis

kimkreis Mouseketeer

This is awesome reading. Keep it up Minnierocks!

6. mommykds

mommykds All Disney all the time! Hang on little Dole Whip,

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for posting your report!!

7. tinker1bell

tinker1bell <font color=teal>I'll never grow old<br><font colo

I cry everytime I see the video of your family in front of Cinderella's Castle.

Just waving and being so happy and then the next thing you know, you are being surrounded by over a thousand screaming CMs and Characters.
    Also to read that two CMs were there crying as well.

:goodvibes :goodvibes

8. Tammi67

Tammi67 <font color=green>1st to out the Tag Fairy as the

Oh how exciting it must have been. I can't imagine!!

9. HMHunters

HMHunters <font color=purple>Extra credit to anyone with a p

Subbing! Congrats! Thanks for sharing the magic with all of us!

10. fynook12

fynook12 Mouseketeer

Hi Minnierocks!! I am so excited and cannot wait to read more of your wonderful recaps!! I was curious to know how long of a time did they give you from the point of you finding out you won, to the date of the trip?? I'm just curious, did they notify you 1 month, 6 months in advance of the trip?? Anyways, keep em coming, because you have my attention!!!! :thumbsup2

11. GaMsStella2

GaMsStella2 Mouseketeer

subbing I love your report.

12. minnierocks

minnierocks DIS Veteran

13. sharonW

sharonW DIS Veteran

I bet that didn't matter, minnie. With a win like that
    you go in a moments notice if need be!! :)

14. bonzie1

bonzie1 DIS Veteran

Thanks so much for taking time to share your WONDERFUL MAGICAL JOURNEY with all of us. :goodvibes

It's a joy to be able to live this through you and your family! :wizard:

15. mboekhoff

mboekhoff Mouseketeer

I know a million people have said this but I can't wait to read more!!!!!!

I actually signed up on DIS so I could be notified if there was a new post.

Thanks,

Missy in MN

16. minnierocks

minnierocks DIS Veteran

As we get off the plane, I can't help but think how crazy all this is! :crazy:
    Three weeks ago, I was only wishing that this would come true! Now, here we are in Orlando :sunny:
    On go the Minnie ears :earsgirl: as we take the tram towards baggage claim, and begin to descend on the escalator. As we near the bottom, my DH says..."Hon, there's your name" as a gentleman is holding up a sign with my name on it. OK...that is so cool! :yay: He helps us get our luggage and we wheel it outside. Oh, it is so warm here :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:
    He asks us to wait there while he retrieves his little, yellow bus...(there were these yellow shuttle buses going all over). So we stand there chatting and DH says, "Oh my...look!" :goodvibes I look and here comes our guy driving a stretch limo! :drive:

[​IMG]

Surprise!!! :jumping1: We've never been in a limo! The kids were so excited...and mom was too!!! He lets us know that there was some cold bottled water inside, in case we were thirsty! It was too cool :cool1: The kids climbed in and we took off for our resort! :teeth:

We knew that we were staying at the Grand Floridian, but nothing prepared me for how beautiful it was as we pulled into the resort. This place was just gorgeous! We pull up to the front and our Disney contact is standing there waiting to greet us. :wave: The next few minutes were a flurry...introductions were made and as others attended to our luggage, we begin to walk into the resort. Inside, we are met by a member of the staff who will show us to our room! :teeth: :teeth:
    As we make our way to the elevator...surprise! We will be staying on the concierge level! Of course, my kids have no idea what that means :rotfl:
    We walk into our room and it was absolutely beautiful! For us, this is a dream come true...this is somewhere we would never get to stay! :cloud9:

They mention that they thought we might be a little hungry, so they had set a little something out for us to eat, while we go over some details for the week. I couldn't help but think of how thoughtful that was ! :goodvibes
    DS was thrilled...because, as usual, he was starving!!! He dug into the food and drinks, along with DD. It was quite a "little something" ;) :)

So while, the kids stuffed themselves with yummy food, she gave us a quick rundown of some places that we needed to be during the week. Really, we didn't need to know a whole lot-we had just been introduced to Joey, our VIP tour guide for the week. He had an itinerary and he would make sure that all would be taken care of! :thumbsup2

Now that all the necessaries were taken care of...it was off to Epcot!!! :wave:

17. Cass

Cass www.casshew.com

Thank goodness you are back and telling us more!!

Wow a limo and the GF :) :) :) :)

18. kaitlin-n-mom

kaitlin-n-mom Mouseketeer

Great trip report, :thumbsup2 can't wait to hear it all!!

19. minnierocks

minnierocks DIS Veteran

By the way, I had no idea what having a personal VIP tour guide meant, but I was about to find out! :goodvibes As we go to leave the hotel, I find out that our guide will be with us for the week. He will make sure that we have everything that we need and that starts with a ride to the park! It seems that there will be no Disney transportation for us-he will drive us everywhere! :drive: So off we go!

Surprise! That also means that we will be treated like VIP's all week and not just on Wednesday, as I originally thought! :blush:

We arrive at Epcot....
    [​IMG]

What a beautiful day :sunny:
    DS wants to ride Mission Space and Test Track first...so that's where we go...Next onto Soaring! As we are coming off of Soaring, there is a small group waiting there to meet us! It was the Epcot Dream Squad and they seemed so excited to meet us! They asked for the kids autograph...and they thought that was cool! :cool1:

[​IMG]

We did so many things in such a short time!!! It really was amazing :)
    We sampled some Cheddar Cheese soup from Canada and the fabulous Creme Brulee in France. We visited all the places that we wanted and just had a blast. Evening was rapidly approaching and we were dining at the Rose and Crown tonight.
    Surprise! Our table was right on the lagoon! We had never seen Illuminations before and it was such a beautiful night! As we sat there, waiting for our dessert, the server comes over and asks DD if she would like to light the fireworks. DD was running low on steam, but this perked her right up! :Pinkbounc

The server took her over to the stairs and gave her a wand. She asked her to circle her wand to the music and as the music got louder and faster, she would need to circle her wand in bigger circles and faster. When the server said, "Now" DD pointed her wand toward the lagoon and like magic...a white stream of light flew over the lagoon and exploded in the center-the beginning of the show! :wizard:

[​IMG]

What a perfect way to end an exciting day!!! Now time for some rest...It's off to MGM next!!! :wave:

20. goofymania101

goofymania101 DIS Veteran

wow! you are soo lucky! i'm so glad you had a great trip!

21. Tinkerbell Teen

Tinkerbell Teen Mouseketeer

OH MY GOODNESS.

MORE MORE MORE!!!!

(please)

I would..... die if that were me and my mom. Wow.

You are so lucky.