Keys to the Kingdom/The trip of a lifetime!

Ok, you just cant leave us with that!!! MORE PLEASE>
I am so excited for you! What a wonderful Experience.
HOW GREAT!!!
now I need more please!!!!!!!!!
Jennifer

The next few minutes were crazy!!! :joker: They were hugs :hug: and high fives :jumping1: Everyone was just energized by the moment! They were clapping and congratulating us!!! Unbelievable!!! :goodvibes

We make our way down the red carpet and there on the tip boards...No Wait on anything! That was genius! What a great touch! :thumbsup2

Most of you have seen the clip of us boarding our "little red truck" and heading over to Tomorrowland! But, I'll tell you, to look back and see all those people waving :wave2: and cheering :cheer2: , it was incredible! Who gets that ever?! I would've never thought it would be us! :wizard:

We get to Space Mountain and board...DD is a little nervous and to be honest with you...I didn't notice the camera until about halfway through the ride! How cool is it to get your entire first ride on Space Mountain on film? :cool1:

Our next stop is Fantasyland, where we'll have our GMA interview...
We take a ride over there and as we round that corner...
OH MY! :faint:

The carousel is full...except for four horses! There is Marie, and some of the dwarfs, Jasmine and Aladdin, Captain Hook, Peter Pan and Wendy...Belle and Cinderella...we couldn't see them all yet, but it was the most incredible sight this 38 year old woman had seen in all her life!!! :love: :love:
A dream come true? Absolutely amazing! You know I will never look at that carousel again and not see it full of the history of Disney magic! :wizard:

126701Carousel_2_2_-thumb.jpg

126701Carousel_2_-thumb.jpg

We do our little GMA bit and then we mount our horses. Ray is riding next to Belle, and Cinderella comes and sits next to me! To ride the carousel chatting with Cinderella was incredible! :cloud9: It was the best carousel ride I've ever taken! It was pure Disney magic!

At this point, I am on sensory overload...It's like living in a fantasy. We get off the carousel and Mickey and Minnie direct us to Dumbo. OH...and guess what? They are riding with us!!!! Can you imagine that? I got to ride Dumbo with Mickey Mouse! Ashley rode with Minnie!!! I know I sound like a three year old...but this was the coolest thing ever!!! :cool1:

It was so much fun!!! We went to the Haunted Mansion next...I have to admit...It was a little creepy riding all by ourselves! :rotfl2: But we had a blast! We rode Thunder Mountain and headed towards Pirates of the Caribbean...

As we approach, who pops up on the balcony? pirate: It's Jack Sparrow of course! AAAHHHH! This was unbelievable! He was amazing!!! He hopped down off the balcony and "commandeered" our vehicle! We drove the whole twenty feet to the ride :rotfl: and we got off...The next part was a hoot! He took us all through the line all the while performing this bit about the treasure. We were all laughing so hard :lmao: He was the best!!!
He gave 110% and all for us!!! :goodvibes

We rode Aladdin with Aladdin and Ashley got to drive the Jungle Cruise and the whole morning was just awesome! By the time, we got off the cruise the park was open and we just got to enjoy the rest of the park. We hit the Peter Pan ride and It's a Small World...all the ones that we enjoy. It was so fun meeting everyone and they were so excited to meet us!!!

We had some time to do whatever until all those interviews before lunch!!! We had a blast!!! :thumbsup2

You are an absolutely amzing storyteller. I am sitting here with tears in my eyes just reading about your absolutely amzing Disney dream come true.

This is wonderful!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much for sharing your magical story with us! I am so happy for your family. I am really enjoying reading all of your details! It makes me feel like I am watching you all experience it. :sunny:

All morning we had a crew with us! And you know what? They were so good at what they did...we were completely comfortable! It didn't seem weird at all! DD spent time talking with Mayah and DS chit-chatted with Stockton. Our photographer was hilarious and great at getting candids while the film crew just hung out and did their thing! It was so much fun!

We needed to be at Main St. station for interviews, so we headed over there. That was a whirlwind time! :crazy: The most fun was knowing during the one interview that we were live on TV back home! :happytv: We did quite a few and then we were interviewed by Delilah (what a nice lady!) for her radio show...while she was interviewing us, there was a big screen TV off to the right of me. All of a sudden, we realized that it was footage of the big morning surprise! :cheer2: We hadn't seen it yet and it was amazing to watch! :goodvibes Of course, I got all choked up again and seeing it on the screen just brought another flood of emotion! It was just magical! :wizard:

After all that, we headed to Cinderella's Castle for lunch. This was the first time that we would dine there and this turned out to be my most favorite meal while we were there! ;) Let me tell you why...

We are greeted and seated and the atmosphere is wonderful! Our server tells us how excited she is to meet the first family! She gives us a certificate for all the princesses to sign and then presents us with a beautiful glass slipper. It is my favorite souvenir from the trip! :love: They serve our meal and it was fabulous! :goodvibes :thumbsup2 I had the herb crusted pork tenderloin and it was so yummy!
The princesses begin to stop by...first Alice...

126701Lunch_with_Alice-thumb.jpg

Then Snow White...

126701Lunch_with_Snow_White_2_-thumb.jpg

Of course, Jasmine and the others...
It was just so much fun to have them all stop and chat...as they begin serving our dessert, the fairygodmother stops by...

126701Everyone_needs_a_fairy_godmother-thumb.jpg

We notice that our desserts are special...that no one-not even Joey-got one like ours!!! They were special just for us and they were incredible! :goodvibes

126701Dessert_fit_for_a_princess-thumb.jpg

126701dessert_fit_for_a_prince_2_-thumb.jpg

126701Gorgeous-thumb.jpg

Gorgeous!!! WOW!!! It was almost a crime to eat them! :goodvibes

As we were leaving, we stopped to get a picture with Cinderella. I will never forget this...DD is talking to Cinderella and Cinderella looks at my daughter and touches her cheek and says in the sweetest voice..."Oh my, aren't you beautiful. Why you look just like Belle when she was your age." My DD responds, "Really? You think I look like Belle?" :cloud9: Cinderella replies, "Yes, I do. You are precious."
It was an amazing moment...to have Cinderella tell her that she is beautiful was a tender memory that I will always cherish. :cloud9: When I think of that one...it just brings happy tears! :lovestruc

Ok, for now on I will have to remember to grab the kleenex before I read your posts. What a truly magical vacation.

I am just in awe. Great job on your part to make me feel so touched with the magic you experienced. I am so hooked, who wouldn't be, on this report.

minnierocks said:
All morning we had a crew with us! And you know what? They were so good at what they did...we were completely comfortable! It didn't seem weird at all! DD spent time talking with Mayah and DS chit-chatted with Stockton. Our photographer was hilarious and great at getting candids while the film crew just hung out and did their thing! It was so much fun!

As we were leaving, we stopped to get a picture with Cinderella. I will never forget this...DD is talking to Cinderella and Cinderella looks at my daughter and touches her cheek and says in the sweetest voice..."Oh my, aren't you beautiful. Why you look just like Belle when she was your age." My DD responds, "Really? You think I look like Belle?" :cloud9: Cinderella replies, "Yes, I do. You are precious."
It was an amazing moment...to have Cinderella tell her that she is beautiful was a tender memory that I will always cherish. :cloud9: When I think of that one...it just brings happy tears! :lovestruc

Okay, I am at work trying to professionally answer the phone while sneaking a peak at your report and I read this one and just about cried on the phone :rotfl:
That must have just melted your heart.
I am so loving your report :love:
Keep it coming with all the little things that you noticed.

tinker1bell said:
Okay, I am at work trying to professionally answer the phone while sneaking a peak at your report and I read this one and just about cried on the phone :rotfl:
That must have just melted your heart.
I am so loving your report :love:
Keep it coming with all the little things that you noticed.

Too funny...I'm at work doing the same thing!! I'll need a raincoat for my keyboard! :rotfl:

Minnierocks- thank you so much for posting your experience!! Your report is really capturing the experience for me. I'm happy your family was chosen!

I only cry this much while watching Little House on the Prairie! It is so much fun to live vicariously through your TR. ;)

Fantastic!!

One question, you mentioned that a photographer was around with you throughout the morning. Did Disney give you those photos/video to keep?

Thank you again for sharing your once in a lifetime trip!! :goodvibes

kaitlin-n-mom said:
Ok, for now on I will have to remember to grab the kleenex before I read your posts. What a truly magical vacation.
I keep saying the same thing..... and my DH keeps telling me he is going to ban the disboards if I don't stop bawling at the computer screen... :rotfl:

I love reading about your experince of a lifetime! Keep it coming!

Jennifer48 said:
One question, you mentioned that a photographer was around with you throughout the morning. Did Disney give you those photos/video to keep?

I wondered the same thing. I bet that you didn't have to even have a camera with you. The photopass guy/girl could take all of your pictures for you. How great to have your entire trip professionally photographed!

Tammy -- I am sitting here *sobbing*! Your trip reports have been awesome and I feel like each of us reading them were right there with you. I am so glad such a nice family won this contest and truly appreciates all the magic of Disney. There are so many skeptics in the world, and had one of them won..I would have been so upset. Please keep those trip reports coming!

I really have to stop reading this before I run out! Everytime I do my mascara starts running all over my face! Thank you so much Tammy. We all can share your wonderful experience this way.

Oh my, this is not normal. I cried when I watched the videos and I cried with that last post. I am NOT a crier! lol. Ok, well, maybe a little for WDW. I'm so excited that you got to go on this trip and that you are sharing it with us!
I'm so happy that you appreciate it and that your kids are old enough to remember this forever! :wizard:
BTW, I too am insanely jealous. :crazy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter