• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Keep an eye on FPs, Mine DISAPPEARED!!!! UPDATE posted page 6

Folks , for this to keep happening is downright unacceptable. I think maybe it's time someone goes public. What I mean is that they need to call their local NBC, FOX, or CBS TV news stations. It's time Disney starts getting some bad publicity for peoples vacations being ruined. This whole system is just one giant fail.

Folks , for this to keep happening is downright unacceptable. I think maybe it's time someone goes public. What I mean is that they need to call their local NBC, FOX, or CBS TV news stations. It's time Disney starts getting some bad publicity for peoples vacations being ruined. This whole system is just one giant fail.

I have read too many of these glitch posts and I agree. A failure of epic proportions. Bring back legacy fastpass!!!!!!

This happened to me a few weeks ago. I insisted in speaking to a guest services supervisor. It took many days and hours on the phone BUT finally they replaced all of them. Good luck. Don't give up!

This happened to me on Friday, and I was on vacation so I figured I would call when I got home, and when I checked today everything was back. MDE must have had a glitch or something.

I so hope this happens for the OP!!!

OP-- Pls keep us posted!!! I completely feel your pain. We are at 41 days out and for a while now, I've been reading here of FPs disappearing. I'm at the point where I get adrenaline rushing (NOT in a good way) every time I log on to MDE :worried:
It would be so good to come on here tomorrow and hear that every thing reappeared for you! I've come to realize that in most of these situations that IS the case!

It sounds like it's time to start canceling trips. The only way this is going to get solved fast is for disney to lose money. Start complaining and telling them your vacationing at universal.

This might sound like stupid advice, but we went during the "testing" phase last year in December.

The FPs were disappearing at random esp after changing them (or they would look like you got the old one you cancelled and the new ones). I noticed that the ONLY accurate listing of the FPs were on the iPhone App. So when it failed to show on the website, I'd have to log into the app and take a screenshot of it.

You can also show up on the day of and see what their system says. It's not much help, but even though the app was glitchy it ended up being more reliable than their craptastic website. HTH.

UPDATE from SHEABOYS:

I called today, first time they sent me link to reset password, that did not work. Called again, she said I have 4 accounts.. Fairly certain that is untrue. Said she selected my email as my username (which it always was) and bingo worked. However, no longer in my name, but in my husbands. Weird, but then I thought about it and when I first logged on to BOG fast pass site, the reservation was in his name, not sure why since I made it but whatever. Never really thought about it. I was also gone from the list, but there were 2 of my husbands name, so it showed him as tinkerbell, Mrs., and my D.o.b., and I also noticed for what ever reason our room reservation changed to me? No idea why. So I left the account in his name and changed the him to Mr. Incredible and left birthdate as mine, figured that does not make much difference anyway. Did the same for his additional one but put my name in there and changed it to tinkerbell.
Good news, all the stuff was there, reservations, adr's and all our fastpasses.

So I will guess the MDE sign in and BOG fast pass sign in are now compatible, maybe now I will get an invite...just maybe.

So bottom line, it is A OK!
pixiedust:

UPDATE from SHEABOYS:

I called today, first time they sent me link to reset password, that did not work. Called again, she said I have 4 accounts.. Fairly certain that is untrue. Said she selected my email as my username (which it always was) and bingo worked. However, no longer in my name, but in my husbands. Weird, but then I thought about it and when I first logged on to BOG fast pass site, the reservation was in his name, not sure why since I made it but whatever. Never really thought about it. I was also gone from the list, but there were 2 of my husbands name, so it showed him as tinkerbell, Mrs., and my D.o.b., and I also noticed for what ever reason our room reservation changed to me? No idea why. So I left the account in his name and changed the him to Mr. Incredible and left birthdate as mine, figured that does not make much difference anyway. Did the same for his additional one but put my name in there and changed it to tinkerbell.

So I will guess the MDE sign in and BOG fast pass sign in are now compatible, maybe now I will get an invite...just maybe.

pixiedust:

UPDATE from SHEABOYS:

I called today, first time they sent me link to reset password, that did not work. Called again, she said I have 4 accounts.. Fairly certain that is untrue. Said she selected my email as my username (which it always was) and bingo worked. However, no longer in my name, but in my husbands. Weird, but then I thought about it and when I first logged on to BOG fast pass site, the reservation was in his name, not sure why since I made it but whatever. Never really thought about it. ...

Do you ever enter the contests to win a Disney trip? Or any contest from morning TV shows such as Live with Kelly and Michael, the old Regis show?
All of those contests create a new account through a partner of Disney hence you randomly pop up new disney accounts. I'm surprised there isn't a thread about this happening to somebody every morning.

We must have been talking to the same CMs today! I called with problems too and all they kept saying was there was nothing they could do. Talked to two Guest Relations CMs and two IT CMs. I kept saying I have the screen shots and can email them to you and they said, that wouldn't do any good because we can't create FP+s that aren't there!
Finally one IT CM did say the Guest Relation CMs at the parks have access to unlimited FP+s and so I should see them on the day I go.
So now I get to live with the unknown for the next 26 days :worried:
Good Luck!
That is unacceptable, if thy insisted on rolling out a system so badly done they should have solutions. Why not hold back some FP+ for these issues. :confused3

This exact thing happened to me a few weeks ago. Call the number. It means somehow you have a duplicate account. At some point you registered at an affiliate of Disney's site or entered a contest so that today your information appeared somewhere else as well in the system. It could have been something you did years ago showing up today. They will be able to see which one has all your things on it, they can either merge or delete the duplicate. Once the CM looked me up it was over within 5 minutes and everything stayed where it was.

This was exactly what happened to me. The MDE account I was using all along was my primary email address as my login. One day about a month ago, ALL of my reservation info (hotel, dining, tickets, family members, magic bands) was missing. I called IT and they found my information under my DVC account, which used a different login, but had the same contact email address stored.

Back when I joined DVC in 2003, I don't think all Disney systems were linked, so you could have different logins for Disney Movie Club, Disney Store, DVC, Disney Movie Rewards, ect. As a matter of fact, the reason I had a different login for DVC was because the DVC site wouldn't take my existing email as the login (maybe the systems were linked just enough back then that because my email address was already in use by the Disney World website, the DVC site rejected it? I don't know).

Anyway, I told MDE IT I would just use the DVC login, but the next day, the reservations "magically" started showing up under both logins. A couple of weeks later, one of my other Disney accounts, which had used a different login from years ago, gave me the "bad username or password" error. Again my info was found under another login. After a call to THAT site's support, they escalated my issue to an IT team somewhere and I began the process of trying to change any remaining Disney accounts to the login I use at the Disney World site to, hopefully, be able to manage all things Disney under a single login and not lose information.

Do you ever enter the contests to win a Disney trip? Or any contest from morning TV shows such as Live with Kelly and Michael, the old Regis show?
All of those contests create a new account through a partner of Disney hence you randomly pop up new disney accounts. I'm surprised there isn't a thread about this happening to somebody every morning.

No I always log on the same. I have the same log on for several sites, so I never recreate or create a new one. So that is not it.

I am not worried about it, everything is there. Just odd that now it is in my husbands name and I am on as the person who made the reservation not him, which is correct because I did make the reservation, but his name was always there.

No I always log on the same. I have the same log on for several sites, so I never recreate or create a new one. So that is not it.

I am not worried about it, everything is there. Just odd that now it is in my husbands name and I am on as the person who made the reservation not him, which is correct because I did make the reservation, but his name was always there.

I'm glad it's ok, but what I'm trying to say is you don't need to actually create a different login- just registering for the contest and entering your email created an account in the cloud somewhere. Not an account you could ever go to or do anything with. If you fill in the "win a trip" form with your name and an email (required to have email so they can notify you) then years later some computer somewhere might just create a duplicate you in Disney's system. Disney has so many affiliates it could have been a million different things.

I'm glad it's ok, but what I'm trying to say is you don't need to actually create a different login- just registering for the contest and entering your email created an account in the cloud somewhere. Not an account you could ever go to or do anything with. If you fill in the "win a trip" form with your name and an email (required to have email so they can notify you) then years later some computer somewhere might just create a duplicate you in Disney's system. Disney has so many affiliates it could have been a million different things.

Oh I see, then yes, I auto fill most contest stuff, with the same email and my name etc. I guess the system just picks and chooses when to lock you out. Lol

UPDATE from SHEABOYS:

pixiedust:

Glad it's all fixed , even though its weird now lol!!!

If you are scared about doing FP+ then don't do it, no one is being forced to do this, go without making any and see how you get on with just standby lines. Maybe the GS lady had had enough of people getting stroppy with her when it is not her fault and she has started out trying to help only to get strife from someone who is stressed out before they even dial the phone. We are all guilty of that when dealing with customer service.

If you are scared about doing FP+ then don't do it, no one is being forced to do this, go without making any and see how you get on with just standby lines. Maybe the GS lady had had enough of people getting stroppy with her when it is not her fault and she has started out trying to help only to get strife from someone who is stressed out before they even dial the phone. We are all guilty of that when dealing with customer service.

:confused3

Not sure if your referring to me... but I am not scared, nor am I stressed out over it. Panicked yes, but honestly if everything was lost and I needed to book, I would have made it work. Computers are computers they are finicky.

I never yelled, I never questioned their/her ability to help me.

I just find it odd, that after months of everything being in the system, and no issues with logging in, poof your locked out with no rhyme or reason. Well their reason is you have multiple accounts, but why would it not recognize that from the get go.

THAT'S a solution? Don't use it?

:rotfl2:

Isn't fixing the system a more appropriate solution? In what world does bad service = the consumer's problem?

WDW's FP+ is playing roulette with peoples' vacation plans AND money. Sorry, when I plunk down money, I expect service. And I expect service that works. Would you purchase a car that was glitchy and just say "Don't use it!" Lemon laws apply. And this, my friend, is a lemon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter