Keep an eye on FPs, Mine DISAPPEARED!!!! UPDATE posted page 6

:confused3

Not sure if your referring to me... but I am not scared, nor am I stressed out over it. Panicked yes, but honestly if everything was lost and I needed to book, I would have made it work. Computers are computers they are finicky.

I never yelled, I never questioned their/her ability to help me.

I just find it odd, that after months of everything being in the system, and no issues with logging in, poof your locked out with no rhyme or reason. Well their reason is you have multiple accounts, but why would it not recognize that from the get go.

This. 1000 times, THIS!

If you are scared about doing FP+ then don't do it, no one is being forced to do this, go without making any and see how you get on with just standby lines. Maybe the GS lady had had enough of people getting stroppy with her when it is not her fault and she has started out trying to help only to get strife from someone who is stressed out before they even dial the phone. We are all guilty of that when dealing with customer service.

Yes, great answer.:rolleyes2

NOT.

Guests should not be relegated to long lines (settling for 10-30% of a ride's daily capacity in standby) because Disney can't get their act together!

This same thing happened to me in October. I am saddened that all these months have gone by and Disney still doesn't have their act together. I also go no help from Disney. They were basically like tough luck. This was from CM on the phone and in person at Guest Services.

I did finally get an IT person who could override the system and make FP+ to replicate what I had. The issue was that none of the FP+ IT made for me could be changed by me either on MDE or once in the park. It took away a lot of the flexabilty that the system would have had.

Good luck to everyone.

If you are scared about doing FP+ then don't do it, no one is being forced to do this, go without making any and see how you get on with just standby lines. Maybe the GS lady had had enough of people getting stroppy with her when it is not her fault and she has started out trying to help only to get strife from someone who is stressed out before they even dial the phone. We are all guilty of that when dealing with customer service.

How about they fix the system instead of people continually making excuses for how awful it is?

"Don't use it" isn't a solution. Standing in long stand by lines isn't how I want to spend my vacation. If that works for you, great. It doesn't for me.

THAT'S a solution? Don't use it?

:rotfl2:

Isn't fixing the system a more appropriate solution? In what world does bad service = the consumer's problem?

WDW's FP+ is playing roulette with peoples' vacation plans AND money. Sorry, when I plunk down money, I expect service. And I expect service that works. Would you purchase a car that was glitchy and just say "Don't use it!" Lemon laws apply. And this, my friend, is a lemon.

No, it's not. A missing fast pass is not even close to a defective automobile. How far are we all going to go with this?

No, it's not. A missing fast pass is not even close to a defective automobile. How far are we all going to go with this?

Ok, maybe not the same as a whole defective car. It is the same if you bought a car and they advertised a free GPS system with purchase of the car. Would you expect that GPS system to work or is it ok it it gives you the wrong directions or is just a blank screen. WDW advertises this as a perk to taking a vacation with them. People pay a lot of money for this vacation. I would skip WDW(except MK) on a vacation if I have to waste my time in line when I can head down the road to a place with express pass and whatever SW calls theirs without all the headache. I expect any service advertised as a perk I get with a purchase to actually work. Sorry, just b/c they are WDW they do not get a pass for rolling out a crappy product that can impact your vacation significantly. For me waiting in any long line impacts my vacation big time. If people can reasonably prove they had them, they should get them back. Just saying tough luck can't help is the WORST customer service ever!! Telling people just not to use a service doesn't even make sense...again that is like you complaining about the broken GPS you got with your new car and people telling you tough, don't complain...just be glad you got a car. It's not like you HAVE to use the GPS if you don't like the wrong directions or blank screen.

ETA: that I understand this is new and I think glitches are expected, but it is the way they are handling it that is just WRONG!

Well, taking into consideration that an average WDW trip (all inclusive) can easily cost as much as a decent used car, I think the comparison is valid.
When FP's for an entire stay ALL disappear does it mean a completely ruined trip? No, of course not. But, you are in fact not getting what you paid for. Reasonable expectation for a wdw trip in 2014 includes the use of FP+. Disney markets very heavily to get this message across! To have a system that, for MONTHS is glitchy and is KNOWN cause persons to lose a certain % of enjoyment (use of FP+) of the product paid for (the package) and NOT fix it is neglectful. Yes, I think wdw has a "lemon" on its hands. The question is, when are they going to do something about it? Are the victims of glitches simply being seen as "collateral damage" for the greater good (the rest who don't experience glitches)?
Now back to the car analogy. If you paid, say $5-6,000 for a used vehicle from a reputable dealer, would you be ok with say, the a/c going in the first month? or the power windows? You can still drive the car, the stereo works, headlights, engine runs like a clock. So your car is not "ruined" but a large enough % of what you expected from the vehicle is now not available to you. I'd imagine most people would be pretty upset by this and on the phone to the dealer to get it resolved. The difference is, a/c can be fixed and your car is back to what you expected from it at the time of purchase. If CMs cannot restore FP+s, the poor person/family is stuck with standing in standby lines and then the vaca is over and no chance to "fix" it and do it over.
I've not personally experienced any glitch in MDE. But I can certainly empathize with those here who have. I'd be pretty steamed. No, I'd not take my frustrations out on the CMs on the phone, but I'd certainly let the company pitching this great new product (FP+) know that I wasn't happy with it!
Back in Oct of 2013 when I started planning our 9/14 trip I was SURE the kinks would be ironed out of this new system. Frankly, I am shocked that this type of thing is still happening. I "played by the rules" and got my ADRs and FP+ on time. They are mine. They are in my MDE right now. I expect them to be there for use during the entire length of my stay in Sept. I really don't think this is TOO much to ask, is it? :confused3

Frankly, I am shocked that this type of thing is still happening. I "played by the rules" and got my ADRs and FP+ on time. They are mine. They are in my MDE right now. I expect them to be there for use during the entire length of my stay in Sept. I really don't think this is TOO much to ask, is it? :confused3

Apparently for some, it is. :(

Ok, maybe not the same as a whole defective car. It is the same if you bought a car and they advertised a free GPS system with purchase of the car. Would you expect that GPS system to work or is it ok it it gives you the wrong directions or is just a blank screen. WDW advertises this as a perk to taking a vacation with them. People pay a lot of money for this vacation. I would skip WDW(except MK) on a vacation if I have to waste my time in line when I can head down the road to a place with express pass and whatever SW calls theirs without all the headache. I expect any service advertised as a perk I get with a purchase to actually work. Sorry, just b/c they are WDW they do not get a pass for rolling out a crappy product that can impact your vacation significantly. For me waiting in any long line impacts my vacation big time. If people can reasonably prove they had them, they should get them back. Just saying tough luck can't help is the WORST customer service ever!! Telling people just not to use a service doesn't even make sense...again that is like you complaining about the broken GPS you got with your new car and people telling you tough, don't complain...just be glad you got a car. It's not like you HAVE to use the GPS if you don't like the wrong directions or blank screen.

ETA: that I understand this is new and I think glitches are expected, but it is the way they are handling it that is just WRONG!

The GPS example is a breach of contract and again, has nothing to do with a missing fast pass. The correct analogy would be a new video game. Both are new, both might have defects which alter the intended end goal but both are still usable and will be fixed later with patches.

I just cant see how this "ruins" a vacation. So having to wait an extra 30 minutes for Soarin will ruin your vacation? Or having to go to guest services will ruin it? Or pulling up the app on your phone and showing the CM will ruin it? The CM's not apologizing are not happening on a regular basis so it's unfair to claim that they have terrible customer service. However, I do agree that it's worse than what it used to be.

The GPS example is a breach of contract and again, has nothing to do with a missing fast pass. The correct analogy would be a new video game. Both are new, both might have defects which alter the intended end goal but both are still usable and will be fixed later with patches.

I just cant see how this "ruins" a vacation. So having to wait an extra 30 minutes for Soarin will ruin your vacation? Or having to go to guest services will ruin it? Or pulling up the app on your phone and showing the CM will ruin it? The CM's not apologizing are not happening on a regular basis so it's unfair to claim that they have terrible customer service. However, I do agree that it's worse than what it used to be.

If your video game doesn't work at first, you can still play it later after the patch comes out.

If FP+ doesn't work on your vacation, do you get to come back and play again later?

Well, taking into consideration that an average WDW trip (all inclusive) can easily cost as much as a decent used car, I think the comparison is valid.
When FP's for an entire stay ALL disappear does it mean a completely ruined trip? No, of course not. But, you are in fact not getting what you paid for. Reasonable expectation for a wdw trip in 2014 includes the use of FP+. Disney markets very heavily to get this message across! To have a system that, for MONTHS is glitchy and is KNOWN cause persons to lose a certain % of enjoyment (use of FP+) of the product paid for (the package) and NOT fix it is neglectful. Yes, I think wdw has a "lemon" on its hands. The question is, when are they going to do something about it? Are the victims of glitches simply being seen as "collateral damage" for the greater good (the rest who don't experience glitches)?
Now back to the car analogy. If you paid, say $5-6,000 for a used vehicle from a reputable dealer, would you be ok with say, the a/c going in the first month? or the power windows? You can still drive the car, the stereo works, headlights, engine runs like a clock. So your car is not "ruined" but a large enough % of what you expected from the vehicle is now not available to you. I'd imagine most people would be pretty upset by this and on the phone to the dealer to get it resolved. The difference is, a/c can be fixed and your car is back to what you expected from it at the time of purchase. If CMs cannot restore FP+s, the poor person/family is stuck with standing in standby lines and then the vaca is over and no chance to "fix" it and do it over.
I've not personally experienced any glitch in MDE. But I can certainly empathize with those here who have. I'd be pretty steamed. No, I'd not take my frustrations out on the CMs on the phone, but I'd certainly let the company pitching this great new product (FP+) know that I wasn't happy with it!
Back in Oct of 2013 when I started planning our 9/14 trip I was SURE the kinks would be ironed out of this new system. Frankly, I am shocked that this type of thing is still happening. I "played by the rules" and got my ADRs and FP+ on time. They are mine. They are in my MDE right now. I expect them to be there for use during the entire length of my stay in Sept. I really don't think this is TOO much to ask, is it? :confused3

Lemon laws were instituted mainly because people were DYING from defective brakes, engines etc. It forces car companies to actually check the cars before selling them to unaware consumers. The analogy doesn't fly at all any way you spin it.

At the end of the day, you are paying for park admission. FP+ is a BENEFIT of that park ticket. Your ticket only guarantees you entrance into the park. Not everything is going to work so it's something that everyone should prepare for. If the only reason you are going to Disney is for FP+ then you should wait until the glitches are fixed.

So, you have a shiny new BMW that you've saved a long time for and looked forward to owning and enjoying. You bring it home and it's not in the driveway 5 mins before your neighbor's kid lands a baseball on the hood, denting it. Your neighbor (the kids dad) comes over, smiles and says, "What are you upset over? It's not like the car's not ruined!"
Would you be ok with your neighbor saying that? Would it be ok if the car stayed like that, with the dented hood? After all, the car is not ruined! Nah, pretty sure you'd want the hood replaced and back to the way it was when you bought the car.
That's all any of these "glitch victims" are asking for. The dented hood replaced. (resoration of the FP+ that they had at one time) Sure they can still enjoy the vacation with the "dented hood" but it does not match up with reasonable expectation when the vacation package was purchased.

If your video game doesn't work at first, you can still play it later after the patch comes out.

If FP+ doesn't work on your vacation, do you get to come back and play again later?

If you printed out your itinerary or it's on your app then you get to play then. If you didn't, you will have to work with guest services or play without it.

If you have internet, you get to play then. If you don't, you will have to work with customer service or play without it.

So, you have a shiny new BMW that you've saved a long time for and looked forward to owning and enjoying. You bring it home and it's not in the driveway 5 mins before your neighbor's kid lands a baseball on the hood, denting it. Your neighbor (the kids dad) comes over, smiles and says, "What are you upset over? It's not like the car's not ruined!"
Would you be ok with your neighbor saying that? Would it be ok if the car stayed like that, with the dented hood? After all, the car is not ruined! Nah, pretty sure you'd want the hood replaced and back to the way it was when you bought the car.
That's all any of these "glitch victims" are asking for. The dented hood replaced. (resoration of the FP+ that they had at one time) Sure they can still enjoy the vacation with the "dented hood" but it does not match up with reasonable expectation when the vacation package was purchased.

Wow. So now people who lose their fastpasses are victims? Dented hoods? Alright, I'm just going to pull myself out of this rabbit hole.

If you printed out your itinerary or it's on your app then you get to play then. If you didn't, you will have to work with guest services or play without it.

If you have internet, you get to play then. If you don't, you will have to work with customer service or play without it.

If your FPs disappear, then no, you don't get to play.

If you show up at the Mine Train or the A/E meet & greet, they aren't letting you in with a printed copy of your itinerary.

And I thought one of the advantages of this system was the ability to change on the fly.

And yes, many a Disney customer has gotten to spend quality time on the phone with IT ahead of a trip. Or in GS upon arrival at the parks their first day. In my book, that makes it a less than fully functioning program.

No vacation should ever have to start with calls to a company's IT department.

Disney is the one advertising Fast Pass Plus as a perk, one more reason to book a WDW vacation. They want us to spend our time figuring out where we will be and when so that we can take advantage of this. Since many of us want to take advantage of this 'perk' we spend our time to do just this. If its not going to work, or if they are going to have this many problems, then Disney needs to add a Disclosure to their advertising stating this may not work. By using this you are subject to wasting your time and adding a great deal of frustration to your life. And if our FPs disappear too bad, so sad. Don't call us as we can't fix it. We so hope you enjoy your vacation and please come back!

You know, even the Hecks on "The Middle" didn't suffer any MM+ glitches. And given their propensity to encounter glitches in daily life, I think Disney really missed the boat on that.

I've been fortunate. Have done 3 trips using FP+ and not had one problem.

I still hate FP+ though.

Lemon laws were instituted mainly because people were DYING from defective brakes, engines etc. It forces car companies to actually check the cars before selling them to unaware consumers. The analogy doesn't fly at all any way you spin it.

At the end of the day, you are paying for park admission. FP+ is a BENEFIT of that park ticket. Your ticket only guarantees you entrance into the park. Not everything is going to work so it's something that everyone should prepare for. If the only reason you are going to Disney is for FP+ then you should wait until the glitches are fixed.

Assuming that will happen in my lifetime.

Your attitude toward the persons here, the OP and others, who have suffered the frustration of losing all of the FP+s for their trip is basically, "Suck it up and deal with it. Things happen." I guess being a wife, mother, caregiver maybe I have a stronger empthatetic side. I can easily put myself in the other person's shoes and can imagine how I would feel if it happened to me. We seem to have differing levels of compassion, so lets just leave it at that.

If your FPs disappear, then no, you don't get to play.

If you show up at the Mine Train or the A/E meet & greet, they aren't letting you in with a printed copy of your itinerary.

And I thought one of the advantages of this system was the ability to change on the fly.

And yes, many a Disney customer has gotten to spend quality time on the phone with IT ahead of a trip. Or in GS upon arrival at the parks their first day. In my book, that makes it a less than fully functioning program.

No vacation should ever have to start with calls to a company's IT department.

That's not true. Many people have stated that they showed a copy of their daily itinerary or their app on the phone if the magic band didn't scan and the CM let them through. If not, guest services gave them a "use anytime" fast pass once they received proof.

I have had plenty of vacations where my hotel confirmation didn't show up or I wasn't in the system for a dining reservation and was on the phone. No vacation should start that way but it does. Disney isn't an exception.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter