Keep an eye on FPs, Mine DISAPPEARED!!!! UPDATE posted page 6

That's not true. Many people have stated that they showed a copy of their daily itinerary or their app on the phone if the magic band didn't scan and the CM let them through. If not, guest services gave them a "use anytime" fast pass once they received proof. I have had plenty of vacations where my hotel confirmation didn't show up or I wasn't in the system for a dining reservation and was on the phone. No vacation should start that way but it does. Disney isn't an exception.

There are plenty of reports of the opposite experience as well. I believe that is even the policy. The burden should not be on the guest when the MDX system experiences a glitch.

Assuming that will happen in my lifetime.

Your attitude toward the persons here, the OP and others, who have suffered the frustration of losing all of the FP+s for their trip is basically, "Suck it up and deal with it. Things happen." I guess being a wife, mother, caregiver maybe I have a stronger empthatetic side. I can easily put myself in the other person's shoes and can imagine how I would feel if it happened to me. We seem to have differing levels of compassion, so lets just leave it at that.

No, i'm a realist. I understand computers have glitches and humans make mistakes. If MDE doesn't work, I have a backup on paper. If that doesn't work then I stand on SB. Again, if it will crush your dreams and ruin your vacation, this may not be the best time to go.

The GPS example is a breach of contract and again, has nothing to do with a missing fast pass. The correct analogy would be a new video game. Both are new, both might have defects which alter the intended end goal but both are still usable and will be fixed later with patches.

I just cant see how this "ruins" a vacation. So having to wait an extra 30 minutes for Soarin will ruin your vacation? Or having to go to guest services will ruin it? Or pulling up the app on your phone and showing the CM will ruin it? The CM's not apologizing are not happening on a regular basis so it's unfair to claim that they have terrible customer service. However, I do agree that it's worse than what it used to be.

Ruin....maybe. Depends on the waits and what I am able to ride. I won't wait more than about 20 minutes for any ride. We were there June 2013 and accomplished this with ease under the old system. Rode many rides more than once. It is why we purchase FP(or whatever that park chooses to call it) options at every park that offers them. It is why we do the dessert parties and other reserved seatings. I don't like crowds. I can tour any park I want without experiencing high volumes of them with the right planning or paying more money and I'm fine with doing that. WDW advertises this as a perk of visiting their park...if they didn't have FP of any kind I wouldn't visit the parks unless it was very low season. I love them, but sorry there isn't a ride out there I'd wait a long time for.

No, i'm a realist. I understand computers have glitches and humans make mistakes. If MDE doesn't work, I have a backup on paper. If that doesn't work then I stand on SB. Again, if it will crush your dreams and ruin your vacation, this may not be the best time to go.

While there are some spotty accounts of exceptions being made, as Mesaboy said, official policy is NOT to accept "back up on paper"- printouts and screenshots only prove that AT ONE TIME you had those FP+s. So get into the SB line! But its all good, so no worries!

OP here- Wow! I think I'm most blown away by the comment that FP+ is a benefit. I hardly call spending 2 hours of my life on the phone after spending all the hours I had originally invested a benefit. BTW- my original plans did not appear back. They are indeed gone. I have gone back in and spent more hours trying to get things closer to what they were. It's not exactly like I have all this extra time to kill for fun- I have a one year old and a special needs 6 year old.

I am not the kind to go to my vacation with a "all is ruined attitude". However, the reality is Disney created this nightmare- NOT me. If everything were equal and simply standby was the rule, then there is nothing to be upset with. I was trying to "jump through all the hoops" Disney has put in place by their brilliant marketing team./ And by the way, I do not in the slightest think FP+ was created for the customer's "benefit" this is Disney trying to benefit themselves.
As to the GS lady I talked with- she was snarky the moment she got on the phone. The IT guy was really nice and polite the entire time, I apologized to him several times, explaining that I knew this nightmare was not his fault.
GS- was RUDE. I have a right to be angry with Disney. When something is advertised and you pay thousands of dollars for it- you expect EVERYTHING you paid for. ESPECIALLY after I've invested the thousands of dollars, I then invest HOURS and HOURS of my time just to see it disappear. I think Disney should compensate me for my loss. Instead of compensation, I was treated rudely and given an oh well things happen. I will go on with my vacation- but I am definitely reconsidering going back to Disney anytime in the near future.

While there are some spotty accounts of exceptions being made, as Mesaboy said, official policy is NOT to accept "back up on paper"- printouts and screenshots only prove that AT ONE TIME you had those FP+s. So get into the SB line! But its all good, so no worries!

They will accept the app if you're logged in and it's real time (had to use that for every single FP+ on our last trip, except for one attraction), but I agree, they would not have accepted a screen shot or print out. Some of the CM's were quite snarky that we "didn't have a FP+", until we showed them the app. I am positive if we had whipped out a piece of paper that we printed at home they would not have accepted it.

They will accept the app if you're logged in and it's real time (had to use that for every single FP+ on our last trip, except for one attraction), but I agree, they would not have accepted a screen shot or print out. Some of the CM's were quite snarky that we "didn't have a FP+", until we showed them the app. I am positive if we had whipped out a piece of paper that we printed at home they would not have accepted it.

Good to know and.... what a shame that you had to provide your own "proof" at every single FP+ attraction.
edited to add -- ****My post # 3,000 and we are 1mo, 1wk and 1day from our trip! ****

OP here- Wow! I think I'm most blown away by the comment that FP+ is a benefit. I hardly call spending 2 hours of my life on the phone after spending all the hours I had originally invested a benefit. BTW- my original plans did not appear back. They are indeed gone. I have gone back in and spent more hours trying to get things closer to what they were. It's not exactly like I have all this extra time to kill for fun- I have a one year old and a special needs 6 year old.

I am not the kind to go to my vacation with a "all is ruined attitude". However, the reality is Disney created this nightmare- NOT me. If everything were equal and simply standby was the rule, then there is nothing to be upset with. I was trying to "jump through all the hoops" Disney has put in place by their brilliant marketing team./ And by the way, I do not in the slightest think FP+ was created for the customer's "benefit" this is Disney trying to benefit themselves.
As to the GS lady I talked with- she was snarky the moment she got on the phone. The IT guy was really nice and polite the entire time, I apologized to him several times, explaining that I knew this nightmare was not his fault.
GS- was RUDE. I have a right to be angry with Disney. When something is advertised and you pay thousands of dollars for it- you expect EVERYTHING you paid for. ESPECIALLY after I've invested the thousands of dollars, I then invest HOURS and HOURS of my time just to see it disappear. I think Disney should compensate me for my loss. Instead of compensation, I was treated rudely and given an oh well things happen. I will go on with my vacation- but I am definitely reconsidering going back to Disney anytime in the near future.
Amen:thumbsup2

OP here UPDATE to this mess!!!!
Ok- So I sent an e-mail expressing my frustration with the loss of FPs, the loss of time, the rude CS, etc. I got a return phone call yesterday. She was polite. She did not address the rude CM. She said so sorry. She still acted like this was somehow caused by something that I did to my account. Although, I know this was not the case and even IT help desk guy knew it wasn't something that I did. That bothered me.
She at one point cut me off and said "well, what's done is done". Her way to placate me was to give me three FPs that could be used at one park during my stay BUT (and here is the kicker) they could not be used for A and E, mine train, parade, or wishes. THat's all fine well and good BUT that is what I lost lady!!!! So, she said that is what she could do for now. I am still planning on seeing guest services when I arrive. fortunately my arrival day I had planned to be kind of low key. I was reading another thread about disappearing FPs. This is just ridiculous. When I say keep an eye on fastpasses- there will be nothing that can be done if you lose them- but better to know now and try to fix what you can, than to get there and realize they have disappeared.

When I say keep an eye on fastpasses- there will be nothing that can be done if you lose them- but better to know now and try to fix what you can, than to get there and realize they have disappeared.

Good advice! Thanks for sharing!

OP here UPDATE to this mess!!!!
Ok- So I sent an e-mail expressing my frustration with the loss of FPs, the loss of time, the rude CS, etc. I got a return phone call yesterday. She was polite. She did not address the rude CM. She said so sorry. She still acted like this was somehow caused by something that I did to my account. Although, I know this was not the case and even IT help desk guy knew it wasn't something that I did. That bothered me.
She at one point cut me off and said "well, what's done is done". Her way to placate me was to give me three FPs that could be used at one park during my stay BUT (and here is the kicker) they could not be used for A and E, mine train, parade, or wishes. THat's all fine well and good BUT that is what I lost lady!!!! So, she said that is what she could do for now. I am still planning on seeing guest services when I arrive. fortunately my arrival day I had planned to be kind of low key. I was reading another thread about disappearing FPs. This is just ridiculous. When I say keep an eye on fastpasses- there will be nothing that can be done if you lose them- but better to know now and try to fix what you can, than to get there and realize they have disappeared.

That's just pathetic. They can help you with everything but what you really need help with.

A few years back we were the very first ones at the gate for DHS. We planned to head to TSMM (like everyone else who filed into line behind us). It was our first park day, and when we swiped our KTTW cards....... they didn't work. They were implementing a new resort computer system and there were LOTS of reports of problems with it. So instead of being one of the first on TSMM, we had to go enter a long line for GS......... where they issued us passes for the day and a FP for our trouble......... good on any ride except the one we were there early to ride. So instead of us remembering how well they handled our problem, all we remember is what an insult it was to not fix the very problem they caused.

I'm not sure if the system is overloaded this morning or what, but every time I check my fast passes it tells me something different. After reading this, I am super nervous!

ETA now it tells me to make my fast passes at a kiosk or come back later. Grrrrrr.....

Got nervous, went to check MDE today and print out stuff but the website seems to be down today, can't pull up anything, so maybe the problem OP had was a glitch and it will sort itself up. Fingers crossed.

Yeah, there's another thread discussing the current down status of mde. Not even the park kiosks are working.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter