Karlyn’s Wish Is Coming True ***1st hair tutorial***

You two are so funny. It sound like you have a great relationship. I am close to my daughters now and I hope we stay that way :) . All this sewing has inspirted me. I used to sew alot but got out of it, you know that thing called work, school and kids kinda got in the way :confused3 . I made a photo memory quilt for my 2 sister-in-laws for Christmas last year. They came out good, even if I do say so myself ;) . I am making another one for my father-in-law for his birthday, which is the end of this month :scared1: . So I went to the fabric store with my oldest daughter and she found this disney material, sooo cute. It is the material that is all gathered at the top, all you have to do is sew it together and you have a top. So I bought it and will sew tops for my two youngest daughters for our trip. I got some different ribbons and buttons to decorate the front :) . I will post pictures when I get done. :)

I am sure there a plenty of you out there that know what this feels like to sew til you drop. I went to the fabric store to get buttons for the hawaiian shirts and walked out with 4 yards of Mickey fabric and no buttons. 10 shirts is just not enough of a project. I needed to add a sundress for each of the girls. One of these days I will get brave enough to sew a "twirly" skirt. I am not sure it will ever be Bisboutique worth but we will give it a try. Thanks for all of the sewing inspiration. :worship:

OH HOW I UNDERSTAND! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: It's an ADDICTION I tell ya! An absolute addiction!

You two are so funny. It sound like you have a great relationship. I am close to my daughters now and I hope we stay that way :) . All this sewing has inspirted me. I used to sew alot but got out of it, you know that thing called work, school and kids kinda got in the way :confused3 . I made a photo memory quilt for my 2 sister-in-laws for Christmas last year. They came out good, even if I do say so myself ;) . I am making another one for my father-in-law for his birthday, which is the end of this month :scared1: . So I went to the fabric store with my oldest daughter and she found this disney material, sooo cute. It is the material that is all gathered at the top, all you have to do is sew it together and you have a top. So I bought it and will sew tops for my two youngest daughters for our trip. I got some different ribbons and buttons to decorate the front :) . I will post pictures when I get done. :)

Robin,
I think with the business of life, I forgot how much I love sewing. It has been fun to watch the great things that the boutiquers have sent to the wish trip families. I do have a great relationship with my daughters and with my daughters-in-law. They are all close and they constantly are helping one another. I love seeing the things they can do. My youngest daughter Anne has asked me to help her get started to sew some things for her little girl so I guess the Hawaii project will be the restart of an old hobby and joy for me and a new one for her.

Good luck on your cute tops. I might look for some of that type of fabric to make some tops for the other granddaughters going back to school.

Denise

OH HOW I UNDERSTAND! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: It's an ADDICTION I tell ya! An absolute addiction!

Lindsey just doesn't know how much of an addiction this is. She is really creative. Has made curtains, slip covers and other things for her home and for her sister's. Now she is going full blast on clothes, she may never leave the land of fabric. She is getting ready to move into a new house in a week or so...more projects:rotfl:

Came to check out the orange shirt count and subscribe! What # are you at?

Hawaii count 4 shirts done, 1 skirt done and 2 dresses done!

1 shirt and 2 skirts to go!

Pictures will be coming soon!

Because Thursday was a holiday here in Utah, and Friday is my regular day off, I had lots of time to get some sewing done. Besides, it has been too hot to go outside here except in the early morning or late evening.

Thanks for subscribing.

Denise,

Did you have trouble finding tropical looking fabric? I can't find it anywhere here. Not that I have a lot of choices. I made a Lilo outfit for the Ohana breakfast for Kirsta and though it would be cute to make my nephew a shirt. And if I had time, to do them for us also. I found some really cheap stuff at Walmart, that isn't near me, but I guess that will have to do.

Denise,

Did you have trouble finding tropical looking fabric? I can't find it anywhere here. Not that I have a lot of choices. I made a Lilo outfit for the Ohana breakfast for Kirsta and though it would be cute to make my nephew a shirt. And if I had time, to do them for us also. I found some really cheap stuff at Walmart, that isn't near me, but I guess that will have to do.

I bought the fabric at a local store, the Fabric Center, that has several different prints. It is 100% cotton but didn't shrink very much at all. It was $3.99/yd and is 60 inches wide. I know that they had one print that was red and dark blue flowers. I could go tomorrow and check what they have and send you a pm. Let me know.

I saw some at our Walmart that was ok but I needed too much fabric and they didn't have enough of any one print for my project. JoAnn's didn't have any and I didn't see any at the Hancock's right near my house.

I used McCall's pattern 3193 for Brody's shirt and it was really easy.:cheer2:Karlyn chose that smiley. I used McCall's M4518 for the adult shirts.

Denise

I bought the fabric at a local store, the Fabric Center, that has several different prints. It is 100% cotton but didn't shrink very much at all. It was $3.99/yd and is 60 inches wide. I know that they had one print that was red and dark blue flowers. I could go tomorrow and check what they have and send you a pm. Let me know.

I saw some at our Walmart that was ok but I needed too much fabric and they didn't have enough of any one print for my project. JoAnn's didn't have any and I didn't see any at the Hancock's right near my house.

I used McCall's pattern 3193 for Brody's shirt and it was really easy.:cheer2:Karlyn chose that smiley. I used McCall's M4518 for the adult shirts.

Denise

That is nice of you. After I posted, I went on line and found some Hawaii shops and the fabric was only $6 a yard. I found a cute one for Luichen, had little hawaiin kids, like Lilo and stitch type. I have to talk to DSis and BIL to see if they'd go for it. I'll let you know. BTW, thanks for the pattern #. I want to take a look at it.

Gabby's package came from Daniela (luvinyou) and she opened it this morning. There was much excitement around here.
Picture020.jpg

Notice the girls are sitting on Bigdisgrama's counter:rotfl2:
Picture024-1-1.jpg

Daniela sent the sweetest letter. Gabby has already decided how we should display it on the scrapbook page.
Picture021.jpg

Picture023.jpg

Picture022.jpg

The package contents were a Snow White tank top and a Peek-a-boo apple twirly skirt. I think we will have a hard time getting the bow out of her hair.
Everything fits perfectly!:lovestruc
Picture025.jpg

Gabby also got lots of Disney and Winnie the Pooh stickers.
Picture026.jpg

We have been corrected . It is not a twirly skirt Gabby has renamed it the "Skippy skirt"
Picture027.jpg

You can tell she loves the package. Karlyn always has to be in on the action so she put on the Hawaiian dress grandma is making.

What a fun morning we have had. We can hardly believe how wonderful this is.

Denise and Lindsey

Oh how fun! I can't wait to get my outfit to Karlyn! Let me know and I'll drop it off! I love the girls on the counter top. :rotfl:

I'm glad you got it so quickly! I love that she calls it a "skippy skirt", she looks so cute! And Karlyn's dress looks great!

I'm glad you got it so quickly! I love that she calls it a "skippy skirt", she looks so cute! And Karlyn's dress looks great!

They were so excited to get a package from Canada. Grandpa goes to Canada a few times a year so that is very exciting for them. All the cousins were highly impressed today to see the outfit and the envelope that it came in :rotfl:

Thank you again for making today a magical day for us.

Denise

Thank you Daniela for the beauiful gift for Gabrielle. I just put her down to bed for the night and we literally had to beg her to take it off. She skipped around in it all day. We understand that if your life is just as crazy as ours what a great scarfice it was to make. The kids start school tomorrow and Gabby can't wait to show the outfit off to her friends. Once again thank you for spreading your pixie dust on our family. :lovestruc

They were so excited to get a package from Canada. Grandpa goes to Canada a few times a year so that is very exciting for them. All the cousins were highly impressed today to see the outfit and the envelope that it came in :rotfl:

Thank you again for making today a magical day for us.

Denise

I am glad tha outfit, and the envelope ;) , were so exciting! That makes me so happy

Thank you Daniela for the beauiful gift for Gabrielle. I just put her down to bed for the night and we literally had to beg her to take it off. She skipped around in it all day. We understand that if your life is just as crazy as ours what a great scarfice it was to make. The kids start school tomorrow and Gabby can't wait to show the outfit off to her friends. Once again thank you for spreading your pixie dust on our family. :lovestruc

Aww I take it she likes it then ;) Giving your family some extra magic time and seeing your kids so happy makes it all worth it. I dont see it as a sacrifice at all. Have fun at school tomorrow, Gabby, Brody and Karlyn!

Mom:: What happened to getting the pictures of the shirts and skirts posted last night? I know I have an accuse for not having done it. By the way my eye is not really black. ;) I am sporting more of a pinkish-purple eye and it is pretty swollen. Bryan says it looks like I am trying to bring back the 80's eyeshadow style.

Here is a picture of Brody's shirt and Karlyn's dress, or is it Gabby's? Who knows, they are identical!

DSCI0234.jpg

There are no kids around this evening to model them. Maybe on Friday, I can take a picture of the three kids in their Hawaii clothes.

I only have 1 shirt left to make!

We had good news and bad news today. First the bad news, LIGHTS, MOTORS, ACTION is going to be closed while we are in Orlando. I am so sad. :mad: Brody and the rest of the guys would have loved it for sure. It is one of my favorites. Mike was so angry when I told him. I know he thinks they did it on purpose!

Now the good news. Karlyn had her Cardiology checkup today with an echocardiogram. There is no change from April and that is great. Her right ventricle is still working well and though her pressures are too high, they aren't any worse than usual. There does not appear to be any increase in loss of lung function since April and that is wonderful. :yay: All we are asking for at this point is for nothing to get worse. Staying the same is great news. Next week is the 2 year anniversary of her last open heart surgery. And then right after that, Aug 17th, is the 2 year anniversary since our son Ryan was killed in an accident. So much has happened since then. It is hard to even think about August 2006 for us but now we have September 2008 to look forward to. :woohoo:

Lindsey had to have 2 stitches just below her eyebrow last night. She was packing things to get ready to move and hit herself in the head with a candle holder. She has a really nice red, purple, pink, black and blue eye today. She wore her sunglasses most of the day so she wouldn't have to explain the colorful eye! :cool2:

I'll try to post better pictures of the Hawaii clothes on Friday. Jham and her children are coming by Friday afternoon to deliver a surprise to Karlyn and we are all very excited. We'll post pics of that as well.

Denise

Denise,

That is too bad about the Lights, Motor, Action :sad2:

:cool1: :banana: :yay: :dance3: for Karlyn and no changes. No changes is good. :goodvibes

I know how hard August will be for you. I will be thinking about you. :hug: It will be tough for us as well. That is why we picked August for Nathan's wish trip. Just to try to ease the pain a little.

Your shirts and dresses look awesome :thumbsup2

Robin

Thanks Robin,

I know the same day will be difficult for you as well. Your trip will really help for your family to have a bit of happiness on the 17th. We are going to Idaho that weekend for my husband's 40th High School reunion. Boy is he old! :rotfl:So that will help a little for us.

Have a wonderful day.
Denise

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter