Just when you thought you've seen all the MAGIC! **See Page 95 for PTR!!!!**

I never got leied at 'Ohana. Feeling pretty bummed about that ya know.
You'll have to get back there to see if you can change your fortune. ;)

But I did get to eat a ton of meat, including a lot of shrimp, that may or may not have been properly cleaned (de-pooped) yet. At least they were cooked...
I'm sure mine weren't de-veined. I didn't care. :lmao:

Didn't try to bread pudding- I was WAY too full. Next time I go, I'll ask for just salad and bread pudding.
:eek: I cannot believe what I am reading. It is soooooo guuuuuuuuuuuuuuud!

HOW COOL, we both got updates with Brook in them this week! She gets around doesn't she??
She is in Disney quite often... gives everyone a good chance to meet her! :lmao:

Very creative getting in the trunk! 10 points for staying dry.
There was no other option... I guess we could of gotten back into the car. :rotfl2:

And another 10 for actually getting to the POP bridge- never made it there!
This was the first time I made it there myself!

what awesome photos Tim! How cute all the DIS kids are meeting. Henry looks just charming holding onto Ana's hand
Juliana couldn't stop talking about him.. and they only met for a few minutes!

10 courses? really? OMG that is a lot of food. do they give you a wheelbarrow to cart your tummy out on when its over?
I exaggerated a bit.. but here is the menu:

Starters
'Ohana Welcome Bread
Mixed greens with a honey-lime dressing

Appetizers/Accompaniments
Pineapple-Coconut Bread
Mixed Greens with Mango-Poppy Seed Dressing
Honey Coriander Chicken Wings
Pork fried dumplings
Sweet Golden Pineapple

Skewers
Prepared over an oak fire

Oak Grilled Chicken
Asian Barbecued Pork Loin
Marinated Sirloin Steak
Spicy Grilled Peel - n - Eat Shrimp

Accompaniments
Egg Noodles tossed in a peanut sauce with pineapple
Stir fried vegetables

Dipping Sauces
House Made Peanut Sauce
Chimichurri Sauce
Pineapple Sweet and Sour Sauce

Dessert
'Ohana bread pudding served a la mode with Bananas and Caramel Sauce

I just love reading your updates....4 more days and we'll be there. :cool1: Can't wait to check out the Poly for the first time!
:woohoo::woohoo: HAve a wonderful trip!!!!!! :goodvibes

Yah for an update:goodvibes

Ohana looks delicious, definitely one of the best restaurants on property.

How nice that you were able to meet some dissers on your first day, I love the pic of Henry and Juliana

I love Mel's purse:goodvibes
We have been hooked on 'Ohana! Juliana and Henry were cute together!

The purse was Mel's Christmas gift. :santa:

I got leied once at O'Hana, but I had to initiate the process.
:rotfl2::rotfl2:

You have to at least taste the bread pudding. Where's Homer ???
I don't know how you have that bread pudding in front of you and not touch it. :confused3

I saw that Homer made an appearance!

Tim, OHana is the soooo yummy. A couple of great Dismeets and meeting up with friends and a birthday dinner. What a way to start a vacation.
We were first day busy! The whole trip was like this! :eek:

Luvin the update.
Juliana's surfin pic is brill and that pic of her and Henry is to cute!
Juliana runs to that surfboard every time she sees it!

Thanks!!! :goodvibes

Wow, it's the that's nice celebrity tour at WDW. Am I the only person on here that hasn't met you yet?
LOL Well what are you waiting for???? Lets get down to Disney! :lmao:

Looks like a great afternoon and evening. Gotta love some pool time and then some good food. Especially with friends.
Friends, Disney, Pool, Food, DTD.... It was a perfect day!

One of my favorite memories from POP was going for a walk one evening with my wife and my sisters a couple of years ago. I had a cold beer in my hand, we walked out on the bridge and just took in the sights and talked. Your update made me smile because it made me think about that evening... only I didn't have a Yuengling.:confused3
Sometimes it is the little moments that make the best memories.... especially while holding a Yuengling! :lmao:

What a great night at Ohana! I've never eaten there...mostly because I never have kids in tow...but that bread pudding might get me there eventually!
They have a little parade for the kids and a limbo contest- I'm sure you wouldn't feel out of place there without kids. It is a loud restaurant though. The bread pudding is amazing! ::yes::

Ohmygoodness,ohmygoodness! I am sooo far behind, but will catch up today.
:welcome: Thanks for reading!!!!!

LOVE all the pics, especially at Ohana. Tim, Ana just keeps getting more and more beautiful and oh, that angel face! :love: Melody is looking especially lovely too!
Thank you for the kind words! (No one ever says that I am getting more and more handsome! :sad2:) :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Maybe you were all Leied at Ohana because it was a birthday celebration?
We got leied walking in to the Poly! :banana:

Actually, I saw TONS of people getting leis when checking into the Poly, but I didn't get any there either. I have a guess on why, but I"ll save that for my own TR.
Awww..... poor Liesa!!!! Here's a flower! :flower3:

Not even at check-in?? Aw, your CM must have been so in awe of the beauties standing before her/him that a Lei did not occur to her/him!! :goodvibes
You might be right! :thumbsup2

Last time we stayed at the Poly in '07, we had to ask for our Lei's. Would not have thought of it if my friend hadn't noticed everyone else checking in being giving Lei's. That trip we had the grumpy CM at check-in - she seems to have a rep for always being grumpy. Maybe they should move her over to Snow White's Adventure?
:lmao::lmao:

Great pics! How nice it was for Juliana to have all these little friends to meet up with! She looked like she was having a blast at Ohana's with the little girls! So sweet. :)
It was really fun meeting our friends in Disney... I think we have 'corrupted' another family into turning into a Disney family! :lmao::lmao:

Sheesh! I honestly don't know how the rest of you keep up with these TR's all the time! Here you go...

drooling_homer-712749_gif.png.jpg

(although truth be told, I don't care for bananas in my dessert) :scared1:
See... there he is! Hi Homer! :wave2:

Hi to you too Mark! :wave2:

Haha! Yes, I"m sure our sheer loveliness had a lot to do with his reluctance to give the goods, but there were a couple of other factors that also went into it- I'm almost positive- a bit of drama (ok, a whole bunch of drama!) in fact.
DRAMA? You know how I love DRAMA! popcorn::popcorn::

And truth be told, I gag whenever I see/touch/ smell or fart a banana. They are gross. That is all.
I thought you liked FROZEN bananas? :confused3 :banana:

What a fun night!!!
It was!!!! I need to get over to your TR... I am soooooo behind on here. :surfweb:

Love the 'Ohana update. I can't wait to eat there next week
Now you are making me jealous!!!!! I wanna go back! :sad:

It looks like everyone had a fun night. Juliana and Henry look so adorable meeting.
We had a great night! I will let you in on a secret... It got funner! (Is that even a word?) :rotfl2:

Tim's girls are so beautiful in person. Juliana is just too cute. And that rain - ugh.
Thank you Crissy!!! It was so nice meeting you. Thanks for braving the rain! It was coming down so hard!

Mr Tim, you can find yourself saying the same thing 'I was from the North East and moved down here so I can play everyday!' :rotfl: DF laughs at me at how much I still enjoy going to Disney. I told him I don't think I'll ever get tired of it. :)
I wouldn't get tired of it either. Mel always says to me 'Let's move to Florida' One of these days I will take her up on the offer! :lmao:

What an awesome night you guys had. Meeting up with so many friends and DISers, you lucked out going at the right time!
It is always nice to put a 'real' person with an online name. :goodvibes

'Ohana is one of our favorite meals, I'm itching to get back there! Especially for a Lapu Lapu
I really need to try one of those next time... I'm not sure I should drive after drinking one though. :confused3 :rotfl2:

All the pictures of the kids are adorable! I don't think I've seen a bad picture of Juliana yet in all the TRs of yours I have read, she is so photogenic!
Thank you! :goodvibes:goodvibes

Wow, the glasses look familiar........ Oh yeah! My DD bought those exact ones!
So cute!
LOL The glasses were cute! I think we talked her out of them though... she wanted to buy everything! She is gonna be trouble when she gets a little older. :scared1:

Fab update Tim!:thumbsup2 And I'm completely convinced that Mel is incapable of ever taking a bad picture! She always looks so pretty.:goodvibes
Awwww... thanks Molly! :goodvibes

Yay for your two Dismeets! I guessed they were Brook and Crissy.:goodvibes How fun! Henry and Ana are so sweet together! And how nice of Crissy to bring Ana gifts, so thoughtful!
You win the prize!!!! (was there a prize?)

Don't you just love Ohana?? We adore it. It's our first night restaurant every trip. And the bread pudding? Like a little slice of heaven. Well, pre gluten free anyway!
'Ohana is up there as our favorite restaurant! Do they make a gluten free bread pudding? :confused3

Bummer about that rain though. I love how adorable Mel and Ana look in the back of the car. That's too funny!:laughing: I'd have done the same.
The hatch was open and we were standing under it but the rain was coming down so hard the girls were getting wet. I told them to jump into the trunk! :lmao:

Ok, all this lei'ed talk is hilarious too!!
:rolleyes1 popcorn::

Looks like an amazing start to a great trip.:thumbsup2
Thanks!!!! It was! :goodvibes

All this talk about getting Leied !!!! What is the Dis becoming !!!!I will tell Judy she will get Leied , she may want to go there every night !!!!:rotfl2::rotfl2:
Ummmm...... :scared1:

I think my thread was the playground today! :lmao::lmao:

You'll have to get back there to see if you can change your fortune. ;)

Well to quote a good friend of ours (Glenn): "But this is my luck we're talking about."

I'm sure mine weren't de-veined. I didn't care. :lmao:

Yes, cooked is what you should care about. I know!

:eek: I cannot believe what I am reading. It is soooooo guuuuuuuuuuuuuuud!

I had had 2 drinks, a crapload of meat, enough salad to fill a horse trough, and several wontons. Bread pudding just wasn't going to fit.

She is in Disney quite often... gives everyone a good chance to meet her! :lmao:

Too true!

There was no other option... I guess we could of gotten back into the car. :rotfl2:

Stop joking around! That wasn't an option! :lmao:

I don't know how you have that bread pudding in front of you and not touch it. :confused3

It had bananas.

Awww..... poor Liesa!!!! Here's a flower! :flower3:

DRAMA? You know how I love DRAMA! popcorn::popcorn::

I thought you liked FROZEN bananas? :confused3 :banana:

Why thank you!! I like flowers!

Now, let's see, on your thread we've had cake drama, ticket drama, MJ drama. Shall I continue??

Yes, I do like them frozen. At Disney. Only.

Again...what a wonderful entry to your TR. I loved the "getting Lei-ed" was just too funny. Sorry about the rain, but loved that picture. Something I would do too. I can't wait to read about your first Disney park.

The lapu lapu looks yummy. It also sounds like it could knock you down....but hey that's what disney buses are for....:rotfl:

DSC01571.jpg

Great picture of your girls.

DSC01572.jpg

We were greeted when we walked in and got leid!

Okay...I'm going to be good and I'm NOT even going there.

Juliana's surfing pose.

DSC01574.jpg

Such a ham!

We walked up the stairs and we saw Dave, Branda, Victoria, Alex and Dave's parents. The kids hadn't seen each other for a few months and they ran towards each other and were hugging!

DSC01577.jpg

DSC01578.jpg

How sweet!

While the girls were checking out presents, Dave was checking out Branda's Lapu Lapu....

DSC01583.jpg

Typical guy....can't get his own!

The girls were happy just to get a few mini- umbrellas!

DSC01606.jpg

Too cute!

I texted Brook again and they were already sitting down at their table for dinner. They came out to the lobby and we had a chance to talk for a minute or two. Henry was being such a little gentleman.

DSC01607.jpg

I wish we could of timed it a little better but it was great meeting Brook, Joe and Henry! Thanks for leaving dinner to say hi!

So cool that you got to meet Brook. Love the picture of Henry and Ana. :)

DSC01608.jpg

Smart girls...especially Mel (wouldn't want to ruin that great purse!)

Juliana wasn't listening too well when we got in the store and we had just disciplined her when we met Crissy. She was so nice and brought Juliana some socks and a sock purse from the LittleMisMatched store- it was so nice of her! Thank you!!!! We had the chance to talk for a few minutes while Juliana modeled some sunglasses.

DSC01611.jpg

Two DIS meets in one night. :thumbsup2

DSC01618.jpg

Comments in purple up above. I have NO idea how the heck I missed an update.

The pic above of Mel and Ana by Tigger and Pooh is one of my favorite locations to get a pic!

Well to quote a good friend of ours (Glenn): "But this is my luck we're talking about."

I had had 2 drinks, a crapload of meat, enough salad to fill a horse trough, and several wontons. Bread pudding just wasn't going to fit.

2 drinks? :eek:

Why thank you!! I like flowers!
Your Welcome! :goodvibes

Now, let's see, on your thread we've had cake drama, ticket drama, MJ drama. Shall I continue??
Never car drama.... yet. :rolleyes:

Yes, I do like them frozen. At Disney. Only.
I knew I wasn't losing it! :rotfl2:

Again...what a wonderful entry to your TR. I loved the "getting Lei-ed" was just too funny. Sorry about the rain, but loved that picture. Something I would do too. I can't wait to read about your first Disney park.
Thanks Kris!!!!! Next update is the start of the Disney parks portion of this trip. :goodvibes

Hmmm...now that you mention it, there I can probably think of a few times they may have sort of acted up. A little bit.:upsidedow
See, I knew it! ::yes::

You don't have to twist my arm. I'd even buy the Yuenglings.:drinking1
SUH-WEET!!! :thumbsup2<--thumb!

As long as you don't hold too many of them... then those memories might get a little bit fuzzy.:lmao::rotfl2
Very true!

Yes...yes it is. ::yes::

allot of 3 circle patterns...but that's the only one I see that is preportioned correctly.
LOL I made you a little picture!!!

DSC01576-1.jpg

The lapu lapu looks yummy. It also sounds like it could knock you down....but hey that's what disney buses are for....:rotfl:
That is why I stick to beer... I know my limit. 2 beers over 3 hours=fine. :)

Well, there was that one time in Epcot.... :rolleyes1 ;)

Great picture of your girls.
Thank you!

Okay...I'm going to be good and I'm NOT even going there.
:lmao: Everyone else did! :lmao:

Typical guy....can't get his own!
LOL... Branda offered it to him!* :rolleyes:

*At this point who knows, this trip was 2 months ago! LOL

So cool that you got to meet Brook. Love the picture of Henry and Ana.
Brook & family were sweet! It was a short but nice meet.

I have NO idea how the heck I missed an update.
Me either? :confused3

The pic above of Mel and Ana by Tigger and Pooh is one of my favorite locations to get a pic!
Did they move that spot? I thought it was down near the pin trading store? :confused3

Gotta love a diagram! I'm totally showing this to DBF, he said that this didn't count as hidden Mickey's while we were there! He also said that Mickey patterns in carpeting (such as in Kidani village) don't count either (too many in a repeating pattern? :confused3)

ANYWAYS, I think that this totally counts! :thumbsup2

Looks like Ohana was fun times! Someday I have to get my hands on one of those Lapu Lapu's...but I can already foresee that not having a good outcome...:rotfl:

Hi Tim, So sorry I have been MIA! I always INTEND to post after I read and somehow, I never do....I guess I was waiting on a lull on your TR to comment so that you would know your readers are STILL here!!!Praying you and the family are well and that, like me, life is just simply very busy at the moment. I LOVED the gorgeous photos of your fun trip and the fact that this one has involved so much family time, how wonderful! :goodvibes I LOVE the photo of Henry meeting Juliana, how precious! It is evident she lives life with GUSTO!!!! I have NEVER seen her without her BEAUTIFUL smile! :love:

Tim
As usual, great story-writing, great pix! I really enjoy reading your previous TRs and following along with you and your family’s adventures. Less lurking, more posting this time around. So wonderful that you were able to spend time with Mel’s grandfather – I’m sure it meant the world to him to have you all there. And how nice that Juliana found a Mickey Ice Cream Tree :lmao: – wish we had a few in PA! Just have to say your two girls never take a bad pix. And Mel’s looks radiant!!

Your Ohana pix makes me want to go back so much!! O’Hanas has never disappointed me. Everything is sooo good!! And I definitely have to try one of those Lapu Lapus next time. (Love Ana’s surfin’ pix!!)

Looking forward to your next update …. So glad I can be late to the party and not miss too much :goodvibes

I love the picture of Juliana posing with the surfboard. Looks like you all had a great time at Ohana. It's one of my favorites, too. Sadly, the last time we were there was before they served bread pudding for dessert. Can't wait to try it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter