June 26 - July 3 on the Magic

The other thread is the main DCL Forum.

I did post the question on the DCL Forum but the only responses were from those also wanting to know the fireworks question.

I guess it will be a surprise!

HollyH asked the questions on the Disney Cruise Line Forum. I don't think that we've had a good answer yet, but a few people wondering the same thing that we are. Some from the next week wanted some firework answers too.

I guess you check DIS in the morning, also. I hope everyone likes both of our answers. Notice the post time for them. Pretty close!

I get sent emails when posts are made to our cruise so I always check for more great info! Too excited and it can't come soon enough!

I also keep checking to see if there are any 13 year olds that my daughter could email with prior to sailing. Any teenagers out there?

:wave:

what happened? this post has died :( no one posts anything anymore!

I have a question. Where can we buy the disney coach from the airport to the ship and back? Do we get that from our travel agent?

sorry for the probably stupid question :crazy: im new to all of of this.

greetings eastern caribbean cruisers. this will be our 4th disney cruise. we have sailed the 3/4 day 2x and last year toured the western caribbean. we cannot wait until june.

we, that is, myself, husband and 3 children, 16, 14 and 12 are on deck 8. early seating.

i am just starting to think about shore excursions. shore excursions seem to be the weak link in the disney cruise experience, although i have heard the same complaints from passengers on other cruise lines. our experience is that the shore excursion does not live up to the marketing and we have had better luck on our own. also as my children get older it gets harder to agree on one particular excursion. as this is our 1st trip tp st. martin, st. thomas/john i would like to try a shore excursion which would give me a flavor of the islands. any suggestions?

is there a way to meet disc board members on the cruise? i wish us all a wonderful time!

leslie

We have not decided about shore excursions either. My DH and DS may want to try parasailing, but when we hear about the rush and the wait, it is really worth it?:rolleyes:

I will be traveling with my 17 year old boy/girl twins who will be high school graduates in June. My DD is wheelchair bound, so we just plan to do whatever we can to have a great time. :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

This is our first cruise, so i don't want to burn out early trying to do everything. We are going to relax and take in the view.:sunny:

I am also on a mission to keep track of the accomodations on the Magic for wheelchair cruisers.
If anyone knows of an excursion that would accomodate a wheelchair with too much trouble, please let me know. We really would like to plan ahead.

Can't wait to hear that horn!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Janice

Hi everyone!

Originally posted by goofyforus
We have not decided about shore excursions either. My DH and DS may want to try parasailing, but when we hear about the rush and the wait, it is really worth it?:rolleyes:

What have you heard? I know you need to book this at the 60 day mark, but what do you mean by wait?

Originally posted by sum41gurlie0270I have a question. Where can we buy the disney coach from the airport to the ship and back? Do we get that from our travel agent?

Talk to your travel agent and she can reserve Disney transportation if that's the way you choose to go. I'm sure your parents will need to do this.

goofyforus...did you check the main board about wheelchair access? There are so many people over there with so many experiences.

The only thing I know about excursions is we're not doing the dolphin tour in Anguilla. LOL

I'd love to do one of the catamaran tours, but I'm not sure which island we'd do this on.

For all the teenagers, my dd went to the teen beach on Castaway Cay on our Wonder trip a few years ago in the afternoon. They had this raft building/racing contest which she really enjoyed. She also played volleyball and liked that. She was 13 at the time.

<<I'm sure your parents will need to do this.>>

This I know..it's funny because I'm the one planning this trip and my mom just makes all the reservations and pays for it. She has no clue what shes doing or what she wants...this whole family vacation was my idea lol

Wow! Good for you! Maybe you can be a travel agent later in life! What fun that could be!!!!

CRB#33:

For all the teenagers, my dd went to the teen beach on Castaway Cay on our Wonder trip a few years ago in the afternoon. They had this raft building/racing contest which she really enjoyed. She also played volleyball and liked that. She was 13 at the time.

My dd will be 13 when we're there. It's good to hear yours enjoyed it. I was worried, since she's right on the age mark, that the "group activities" may be too old for her . On the other side of the fence is my DS who is 17. Do you think he'll enjoy it too?

herrbeeb :wave: WELCOME to the dis.

At this time we are undecided about shore excursions. We might just walk around and enjoy the sights and a little shopping.

s.c., thanx for the welcome. i'm still learning to "navigate" the site so thanx also to the other cruisers who have responded to my posts. i can't quite figure out how to reply directly.

i told my girls, 16 and 12, about using the site to meet other teens and they plan to try soon. i'm sure they will quickly become more proficient than i am.

to the cruiser interested in parasailing. it is GREAT!!!!!! we have done it twice, at least the girls and i and had a blast both times.
the first time dd #2 only weighed 70 lbs. so she and i went together. the trip up and down is very gentle and the ride is exhilerating but not too scary. i highly recommend it.

i am interested in any information about shore excursions in st martin and st thomas/john. at this point i am inclined to plan a day on our own.

leslie

ok, I have a random stupid question.

I'm a teenager, and as you probably know, not that many 16 year olds go to bed early at night and wake up early in the morning.. I am definently a "sleep until 1 in the afternoon, stay up until 5 in the morning" person. Is there a time at night on the ship that teenagers aren't allowd to be on deck?

just curious. If there is then I will have to adjust my sleeping schedule :rolleyes: lol

:wave2:
I don't think there are any restrictions about being up on deck. Just try to remember that there are cabins directly below on deck 8. :)

CRB#33- I see you paid off your cruise!!!! I will be doing the same on Saturday. It makes it seem SO much closer, doesn't it?

I need to decide on our excursions, we are still going back and forth on them, we are definetly not doing the dolphins, thinking about See and Sea, and then also going to St. John.

We're almost at the 60 day point. WOO HOO! I'm finishing up excursion shopping hoping to book next week. We are leaning towards Golden Eagle Catamaran in St. Maarten and Coral World in St. Thomas. I want to get over to St. John's, but I figure that I can do that on my own. Any opinion's on Coral World? I want to get off and do something, but I just don't know what to pick. I'm not brave enough to book an excursion on my own.

We just booked the CoKi Beach Dive Club "Discover Scuba" Experience for non-experienced divers for St. Thomas. You can see Coral World from Coki Beach & I've heard some folks do both. Coral World has gotten some good reviews.

The kids would like to try parasailing on Castaway Cay and we have NO agreement on what to do in St. Maarten! Time is running short so we need to come to an agreement quickly. We've heard great things about the 12 Metre Regatta where you sail on the "Stars & Stripes" but again... no one can decide!

Running out of time!!!

dear HollyH, my children are dd, 16, ds, 14 and ds 12 and 3/4. ds 12 and 3/4 is in sc this week but would love to meet a fellow cruiser on her return.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter