June 26 - July 3 on the Magic

Hi everyone!

Jumping out of your skin yet??? :teeth:

We're thinking about the Under Two Flags or the Explorer Tour on St. Maartin and going to St. John at St. Thomas, but not sure how yet.

It's going to be a long 60 days isn't it?

YES, YES, YES!!!!!

everything is done except shore excursions and packing, of course. the boys won't do anything anyway so the girls and i are leaning toward kayaking at st martin and jet skis at cc. we will do st thomas/john on our own.

i was thinking about orient beach after the excusion and lunch, any thoughts?

i do need motion sickness recommendations. ds is pron to same especially when we cross the gulf stream or travel on small craft. he was very ill on the high spped ferry from playa del carmen last year.

only dd #2 (12 3/4) is eligible for the kid's club. ds is 14 and dd#1 is 16. we usually don't go to palo. although the food is fabulous, it is too much trouble. as you can tell i really need a vacation.

2 changes this year. we are flying from hartford on friday night and we are going to disney for 3 days post cruise. it has been a loooong winter and this may be our last disney trip as i promised dh we would go to europe next year. i wish disney would do a mediterranean itinerary.

i would enjoy hearing from 6/26 posters. i limit myself to 1 am and 1 pm session otherwise i will be on all day.

60 and counting.

LOL about the am/pm sessions!

I'm pretty much on all day :teeth:

I didn't see any information on DCL's web site about jet skis. Where did you find out about them?

Thanks!

We are going to go to Meghan's Bay on St. Thomas and do the See and Sea excursion on St. Marten. I sure hope the next two months go by fast.

We are now trying to figure out what to do for next summer since it seems that the Magic will be in California. Have any of you sailed on other cruise lines?

crb#33, i read about the jet skis at cc right here on the disboard and i called dcl yesterday. the information i received is as follows:

the excursion is called the personal watercraft tour. it is not on the website yet but you can reserve it on day 60. the tour is 1 hour about half of which is learning to use the jet ski. the rest of the tour is an eco exploration of the island. you are advised to wear sandals and eyeglass straps. drivers must be over 18 bot 16/17 yr olds can drive with parental permission. the cost is $95 for a single and $160 for a double.

it is a little pricey and i am still considering renting jet skis at orient beach or st john if they are available. renting through disney is a better guarantee of safe and reputable vehicles, on the other hand it is not a very long ride for the expense and i don't think (based on what i have read) that you can ride very fast. we parasailed 2x at cc and loved it but i have nothing to compare it to.

heerbeeb!

ds 12 and 3/4 is in sc this week but would love to meet a fellow cruiser on her return.
I'm confused! Is it your son or daughter that's 12 3/4? My dd would love to hook up with a fellow cruiser!
PM me if she's interested.

OK EVERYONE!! DCL told me to call for excursions on Tuesday the 27th but by our calendar countdowns, we should be calling tomorrow, Monday the 26th. :confused:

When do we call!!:Pinkbounc :bounce:

HollyH, let me know if the pm was received. i never sent one before and i am not sure i did it right.

Heerbeeb!

You did it! PM received.

Now check yours. I sent you one in return.:teeth:

I believe we have to call on Tuesday. It has to cross over the 60 day mark on our countdown clocks. (59 days and 23 hours). Technically 60 days and any hours is still the 61st day.

Does anyone know what time they start taking phone calls in the morning?

Thanks for clearing up the counter question.

Good question on the time to call. I'd like to know too. I plan on calling in the morning to be up to date. So far I have received 2 numbers to call for booking excursions:

877-566-0968 *and* 800-511-1333

Any difference in the numbers?

You can start calling at 7am. I got my shore excursion package in the mail on Saturday. If you are planning on doing any really popular ones call first thing(like dolphins or 5 star).

some people are just more organized than others. we are still debating our choices. as the children get older its harder to get them to agree on anything. catherine didn't leave the ship at key west and ned went back after 30 min.

still leaning towrd kayaking can't decide about jet skis. the price is putting me off.

I've read about a beach near the ship that rents jet skis by the 1/2 hour ($40). There's no tour or anything like that, but you get to ride jet skis! We're want to do Golden Eagle at 1:00, but we can play at the beach before our excrusion. Maybe this will help you a little.

Susan

thanx for the info susan.

i just left a message for a friend who spent 4 weeks on st martin this winter. maybe she will have additional info.

as for jet skis i am inclined to trust disney and the rate for the excursion is not much more than the rate you quoted for a full hour. after i get more info i will discuss it with my girls and make a decision. i tend to plan trips like they are the normandy invasion so this year i am trying to throttle back. if we don't get a particular excursion so what. (my blood pressure is rising just thinking about it)

i'll let you know.

leslie

I have a question and I was wondering if all my wonderous (I think I made up that word lol) future cruise mates could answer it for me. :teeth:

My mother and my grandmother would like to eat at Palos one of the nights. Now usually that means the teens would be stuck with burgers or pizza...but me and my brother aren't really big "burger and pizza people". Is it possible that me (16) and my brother (14) could eat in the regular restaurant the same night that my mother and grandmother are eating at Palos?

Yes, you can eat in any of the other restaurants while your mother and grandmother eat in Palo's. My grandchildren followed the regular rotation the night we adults ate in Palo and the servers were terrific. The kids loved it!:thewave:

Hey Lauren :duck:

:crazy: :teeth:

Christine, my children did that a few years ago and the waiters were wonderful with them. They were much younger than you are now!

I know, I know. I could swear I called at 7 for our last cruise.:confused3

I am REALLY getting excited now. I hope the days fly by.

I hope you know I'm just teasing! It's no big deal to me. I have to be up to take my DD to school in a minute. And I'll be back before 8:00!

Way too excited. It's all I can think about! :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter