June 26 - July 3 on the Magic

Since this is our first time cruising, some friends of mine have reminded me that I used to mention years ago about going on the Big Red Boat.

Anyone remember when this name for the Disney cruise came about? Was there a different ship with this name or was it a promo kind of thing?

Waiting for June is what drives me these days. We all think it is so far away, but we know it is the icing on the cake for them. My babies (17 years old twins) reminded me that they used to have Mickey and Donald on their bedroom walls for years before we moved and left them behind. They really missed them!:( :(

My son still has his Goofy hat and my daughter has her Minnie one. The little kid still lives in all of us at our house. We watched Finding Nemo together the other night and still enjoy the Disney movies. :earsgirl: :earsboy:

If we squeal when we see Mickey and the gang again, bear with us! This will be a dream come true!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

The Big Red Boat was premier cruise lines-I know since we went on it in 1988 on our honeymoon. Sometime after that it changed to Warner Bros characters.It wnt bankrupt a few years ago.

We are sailing on this cruise-our 4th.
it's myself, DH-Sean, DS, Blake-15, DS Brandon-8
also my parents- their 4th cruise with Disney
and my brother, sister-inlaw and their 4 kids-18, 15,13,9

I can't wait!! Glad I found this thread.
We are on deck 8, and have early dining. We are staying at the Radisson the night before and plan to take the shuttle over around 10:30.

beth

:wave: WELCOME :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Glad you found us Beth. We are going to WDW the week before the cruise and will be leaving from there to the port. Myself, DH & GS (11) will be on deck 6 and have late dining.

WOOHOO! A new family. I'm glad that you found our thread. My family, DH, DS(9), and DD(7), are going on our 2nd Disney Cruise. We are also staying at the Radisson on Friday night. Maybe we can plan a meet for the hotel. We are on deck 5 and have late seating. We like to sleep in and stay up late, so that's works for us. I look forward to hearing more from our cruisers!

Hi Beth!

You have a great family gathering planned! We will be first time cruisers so I'm certain there are some hints you can pass along! My family is DH, DS (17) and DD (13). We will be coming from WDW the morning of the 26th. We're on deck 7 and have late seating. You'll have to tell us about the shore excursions you'd recommend!

DVCCruise, We are on the same cruise, my daughter, granddaughter 10 and grandson 10 along with friends. This is our second cruise and we can't wait. We will also be at the Radisson on Friday and would love to join a meet if one is planned. See everyone then.:wave:

I think there will be a few of us at the Radisson and even more people arriving on Friday night. When we get closer to THE CRUISE we'll have to start planning. We are getting closer, we'll be doing the double digit dance before you know it. After we start planning excursion, we can start forcusing on meet opportunities. I look forward to it all!

:wave: Marietta
Our grandson (11) will be with us. Some of the kids have been e-mailing each other, send me a pm if your grandchildren would like to do this.
This is also our 2nd disney cruise we were on the 4day last year.

S.C.- Hi! Marietta is my mother.:), so her grandchildren are already e-mailing yours!!!;)

We will all be at the Radisson too, but with all of the people raving about Ron Jon it makes me want to switch. We should all be there on Friday around noon. I can't wait! It was snowing here today:(

We will be there June 26- July3rd. My husband, son-13, daughter-8 and myself. Our best friends are going also, ( a family of 4). This is our second cruise but our first 7 day cruise. We are so excited!!!

Lauren, I thought that family sounded like yours. It's great that your mom is writing on the site, too. I'm trying to get our friends to come on this site. No success yet, but I'll keep with it.

Welcome to the group mdlinda. Where are you from? How are you arriving at the port? My family (dh, ds, dd) is driving down on Friday and staying at the Radisson. We have been complaining lots lately about the weather. We are all looking forward to June.

Hi, I am from Maryland and this will be my second cruise. We are going with another family so we thought we would try a stretch limo ride to and from Port Canaveral. We are flying in from Baltimore early the morning of the cruise. We are trying Jimmy, I got his name and number from this board. I will let everyone know how it went after our trip.

:wave: mdlinda
Glad your going on the cruise with us. And welcome to the Dis.

Arriving to the port by LIMO...what a great idea! I'm sure your family will feel like superstars. We'll be driving down from Charlotte on Friday night, so we can get to port as soon as it opens. Not that we're excited or anything.

We are almost at double digits...WOO HOO!

I would love to do a limo for the family! What a great way to start and end the cruise! Has anyone priced this out yet? We're driving but it sounds like something to plan for on the next trip!

I received prices for a stretch limo to and from Port Canaveral ranging from $250 to $290 plus tip.

Wow! For our family thats cheaper that the DCL shuttle!

Now who is Jimmy? Does he work for or own a particular limo service that was recommended?

I got Jimmy's name from this board the user DUCKLITE recommended him. I think his limo company is Golden Limo and his phone number is 407-869-9007. I talked to Jimmy last week to set up the Limo service, he was very nice and gave me a rate of $250 round trip. If you want more info do a search for limos or DUCKLITE and the threads will have more infomation on limo services. I hope this helps. Linda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter