June 1, 2013 Let's Get This Party Started!

Hi everyone, we (my son and I) are booked on this cruise, super excited! This is our 4th Disney Cruise - first one to Eastern Caribbean and first one on one of the new ships. My son's 15th birthday is June 3rd so I want to come up with something super fun for that day.

We are booked in a 6B right on the back of the ship which I'm really looking forward to. I do have to say that I'm a bit aprehensive about being on such a large ship since we are used to the classic ships. For those of you have been on both the Dream and either the Wonder or the Magic, how much bigger did the Dream feel to you? What did you like best about the bigger ship?

I'm definitely interested in doing the FE gift exchange. We did that on our MR cruise in December and had a lot of fun doing it. For me it was nice to work on my crafting projects in the months and weeks before the trip. For Ryan it was nice that I wasn't constantly talking about the trip and asking what he wanted to lol.

We were looking at Disney excursions and are hoping are hoping to do the 12 meter regatta on St. Maarten and Coral World with the Helmet Diving in St. Thomas. Though after you guys started mentioning it, Bernards does look interesting and we could always do a private sailing lesson in St. Thomas.

We look forward to meeting you all!
Miranda
Miranda, this will also be my 4th cruise and first 7 night cruise. I am traveling with my Son who will be 13 at time of sailing and my Mother who will be 70 and wants to go on the Aqua Duck.

Just dropping in to say hello...:wave::wave::wave::wave:

Jeff (me) pirate:
Jenn :tinker:
Drew - DS12 :cool:
Zach - DS8 :yay: (ages at time of sailing)

This will be our 5th DCL vacation but our 1st Eastern... :cool1::sail::cool1:

Hi everyone!

We booked this cruise while we were sailing on the Dream last week. The Dream was our first cruise, and DH and I decided during the Sailing Away party that we'd be back for more as soon as possible. When June 2013 rolls around, DD will be 14 (ack!) and DS will be 9 (a month shy of 10). Looking forward to spending more time at sea and booking some wonderful excursions this time around.:cool1:

Hi! :wave2:

We booked this cruise just this morning!

"We" are myself, husband, and our two daughters. Our girls will be 8 and 3 1/2 when June 1, 2013 rolls around.

We are first-time cruisers, and sadly enough, our girls will be getting their first real glimpse of the ocean although they were able to play on a beach for the first time when we stayed at the Polynesian last year. :blush:(Our oldest was born in Southern CA, but we moved when she was 18 months and she has no recollection of it. We took her to the beach a few times, but being new and nervous parents, we made her sit on a blanket and never put her in the water. Add to that, we live in Utah. Lots of mountains but no ocean.)

I've wanted to go on a Caribbean cruise since I was in 4th grade and a girl in my class went for Spring Break. She talked about how fun it was, and I decided then and there that someday I would see that clear, blue water for myself. My husband has always wanted to try a cruise too but never had the opportunity. We've talked about it for years and finally decided that now was the time to plan and June would be the time to make our dreams come true.

I look forward to getting to know you all, counting down the days together, asking LOTS of questions, and learning from your experience!

Hi there! :)

DW and I just booked this cruise last night. Have been watching pricing and room availability over the past 3 days, and last night two side-by-side verandah rooms at the aft elevators on Deck 8 opened up. One of them is a Cat 7 (Navigators Verandah, meaning a partially obstructed view) and the other is a Cat 5 (standard verandah). The Cat 7 saved us $650 over a Cat 5, and the only obstruction is a very small curved piece of bulkhead at the very top of the verandah. With two teens (DS18 and DS16 at time of cruising) and a daughter (DD11 celebrating her 12th birthday on board), two rooms are a must on a 7 night (actually 2 bathrooms are a must!).

In the past we've done a Family Verandah on the Magic Western Caribbean in 2008, and the "two rooms across the hall from each other combo" on the Wonder 4 night Bahamas in 2010. We were going to do that again for this cruise, but the incremental price going from a standard inside to a Nav Verandah was just too low to pass up, especially with the two rooms being side-by-side (which allows you to open up the verandah divider). Also, having the split bath in the verandah room vs. the single bath in the standard inside will be even that much better. For them. They stay out of our room! :rotfl:

Looking forward to get to know the group, and can't wait for the cruise!!

Just wanted to check in - I know we are still over a year out which was bumming me out a bit so I booked a 3 night on the Dream for October (fall break for DD) to satisfy my need to cruise before next June. Never thought we would have two cruise reservations in the system at the same time! I think it had to do with watching the Port cam any chance I get and watching all the excitement of the Fantasy MV.

We are heading to Hilton Head and Old Key West in June but that never feels like a vacation for me since I try to cook in the room as much as possible and usually wind up doing a load of laundry. Cruising means a true vacation for me so I can't wait!

Just popping in to say "hi" again - I updated my ticker, and I'm inspired because it's one year, one month, one week, etc - Glad we have some interim planning to do for a WDW vacation coming up in December. I think I booked it just to keep sane while waiting for the next cruise!

Wanted to wish you guys "Happy Sailing"-we ended up cancelling this cruise. I wish you all safe travels and a wonderful cruise!:)

We just booked our 2nd Disney cruise on this sailing - the only problem is the girls are already *way* too excited, and we've got more than a year to wait! Looking forward to seeing how the Fantasy compares to our first cruise, which was on the Magic (same itinerary)...

Just changed from the May 4th, 2013 7 night eastern. Me (31), DW (28) and DS (1+/-) who might be turning 1 on the cruise, will see what happens in the weeks to come to see when he is born. Were on board. Any FE list yet.

Just booked on this cruise as well. Looking forward to seeing the new ship. It's been too long since we've been on a DCL cruise and it will good to join family (Ayeegit) on this one. Now how can we make time go faster so DD won't lose her mind. It will be myself, DW, DS(13), and DD(10) at time of cruise.

It's been too long since we've been on a DCL cruise and it will good to join family (Ayeegit) on this one.

It's going to be great to cruise with you and your family! Looking forward to filling the DW in on our plans on Mother's Day!

We just booked this cruise today! :cloud9: I have NO IDEA how I'm going to contain my excitement for over a year! :yay:This will be our 2nd cruise on Disney.
Myself, DH, DD (6) and DS (4) at the time of the cruise. We are sooo looking forward to being on the Fantasy.

Our first cruise was on the Magic Western Carribean on 3/30...the DAY before the Fantasy's inagural trip. The Fantasy was in dock both in Grand Cayman and Cozumel with us (I think i remember it both places). Our DD was like, Mom...I want to go on a Disney Cruise again, but next time we MUST go on the Fantasy!?!?! :rotfl: She's such the Diva.

It's been almost 2 months since our cruise and my DS, who's 3 now, STILL talks about it almost Daily. A few times a week we wake up and he asks "Can we go on Dih-ney Cuizz today?" it makes me smile. He also says "Mickey Mouse is my best fweind" it's just adorable.

We were really looking into the Alaska cruise - May 27, but we finalized on Eastern Carribean beacuse another family that we are friends with and have kids the same age booked this same trip. We might even have 2-3 more friends/family joining. It's just going to be a BLAST!

I've decided to not tell the kids for now...probably not until Late May 2013 if I can stand it! They will be out of school already.

E&EMom - our kids are the same age! Let's hope they make nice and go to Kids club together so we can hang out at the adult pool!

We really enjoyed the FE and hope to do it again (assuming it's a reasonable number...I think we had 16 families total and that was just about a good amount not to many and not too few!)

Take care! pirate:

Of course the post before mine is my BFF who is sailing with us! Ha ha!

This is our second cruise as well. We sailed on the Dream at the end of April / beginning of May 2011. The 4 nights was just not enough, so we are super excited to take the 7 night cruise!

I am traveling with my DH, DS (7 yrs old when we sail) and DD (5 yrs old when we sail). My in-laws are currently planning on joining (cabin next to us) as well!

CANNOT WAIT!!!!

Of course the post before mine is my BFF who is sailing with us! Ha ha!

This is our second cruise as well. We sailed on the Dream at the end of April / beginning of May 2011. The 4 nights was just not enough, so we are super excited to take the 7 night cruise!

I am traveling with my DH, DS (7 yrs old when we sail) and DD (5 yrs old when we sail). My in-laws are currently planning on joining (cabin next to us) as well!

CANNOT WAIT!!!!
Mmmmm I wonder who that is?!? I just saw that ugagirl posted and I'm like this HAS to be my BFF! Yahoo!!!

Just because it needs to be said and because I want to say it...

Our trip is *less* than a year away!!! In fact, this time next year, we'll be on the ship! :woohoo:

We are a few hours a way from heading out on the Fantasy and the western version of the thread topic. We hope to take advantage of the discount on board and book the eastern version for next year. That would put us 4 Disney Cruises in 4 years. These threads our very cool. We have "met" over a 100 people on today's cruise and the group even started a FB page for the parents and the teenagers to communicate to each other.

emdowens74 - I was catching up on the thread and in reading your post I saw our kids were going to be the same age on the cruise! I'm all for hanging out at the adult pool while they are in the club. My daughter loved the club last time and this will be my sons first time in the club - previously he has had to be in Flounder's Reef nursery.

Less than a year to go now for this cruise and I can't wait. Though having only 130 more days until our quick getaway on the Dream in October helps somewhat. :)

Hello everyone from Ohio. So excited to join you all! Can't wait to cruise again. Went on our first cruise this past March on the Dream and loved it so much we booked right away for this one. Didn't like Nassau so can't wait for the more sea days and the awesome sounding ports. My brother and his wife did this itinerary on Carnival right before our cruise and loved it. We are going again with my mother in law, brother & sister in law, nephew, DS-8(at time of cruise), DH and ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I missed out on the FE thing on the Dream so would probably like to try it this time. It overwhelmed me since i was new and i'm not crafty in the least but then I saw some things around the ship and thought hmm maybe I could come up with something. We are in the same room which we loved! It's 7544 and we were right across from the elevators and never heard a peep. Everything happened on our side of the ship(starboard). The Wonder passed us on our sea day which was pretty cool. Last year flew by waiting for that cruise so i'm sure this will to. Can't wait to maybe meet a few of you all if we have a little dis meet on the ship! Here's to hoping I can meet my weight loss goals this time!!! I got down to 176 the week before the cruise and i've put on 30 pounds since then. Just couldn't get back on track. I'm sure it was all the amazing food we had that carried over into real life :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter