June 1, 2013 Let's Get This Party Started!

Oh wow! Thank you Jen for creating the fb page and be in charge for FE list!! I can tell you are very excited about this trip!! Please add me on FE as well!!

Emy (me) and DH (Jeff)
Stateroom - unknown until Disney assign us a room :)

I agree with having a cut off date to join FE list as mine will take time to make them :)

Also do you think we can create a comment in the beginning of this page for FE list?? Just a thought so we know who's in and how many :)

Oh wow! Thank you Jen for creating the fb page and be in charge for FE list!! I can tell you are very excited about this trip!! Please add me on FE as well!!

Emy (me) and DH (Jeff)
Stateroom - unknown until Disney assign us a room :)

I agree with having a cut off date to join FE list as mine will take time to make them :)

Also do you think we can create a comment in the beginning of this page for FE list?? Just a thought so we know who's in and how many :)

I am adding you to the list now. I have also confirmed you on our FB page. :) There is a list there that I posted a week or so ago. The only changes to it since I posted that aren't on it will be yours and disnygirl55.

We are up to 10 staterooms participating (11 really but that is the room our girls are in and they are participating with us - not on their own).

Hopefully if the OP comes back s/he can put a link or something up for the FE and FB page on the first post. If not I will just post here from time to time so anyone new can find it out about it easily.

Link to our FB page - https://www.facebook.com/groups/143572539114041/

Hi! Yay! This thread has been going for quite a while! I just requested to join the FB page. We had one last year for the Dream and it was fun getting to know one and other there!
My dh and I rebooked this cruise while double dipping on the Dream this past June!
This will be our 4th cruise with Disney and they have become an annual school's our celebration for us since we are both teachers.

Jen, would you please add us to the FE group?
This year it will only by Marc and I (Anita). Our soon to be 14 year old son will not be coming to Disney or cruising with us for a year!
He says that we go too much. Bah!!!

Here's our info:
Marc and Anita

Stateroom: 7090

Right now we are on the fence about upgrading our stateroom (we have a verandah) or taking our 4 year old granddaughter along with us and staying put...
This would be our first time cruising without a child.
Any input?

I am adding you now! :banana:

As far as your dilemma - I say follow your heart. If the thought of a week long getaway just you and your DH is really sounding good and what you want to do then go for it and leave any second guessing and guilt behind.

If the thought of doing something without a child in tow makes you sad - invite the granddaughter and soak up every moment of Disney through her eyes.

Personally although it makes me sad to think of the days when Ian (DH) and I travel without our girls (they are both in college) - I am also really looking forward to that time for ourselves and just being Ian and Jen - not the parents.

Jen, thanks for your insight. We went ahead and upgraded to a cat 4a from a 4c. We debated the pros and cons of deck 9 or 10 and because of a few reviews about staterooms being noisy under the pool area, we went with deck 9.
As for taking Harper, we realized that it just wasn't in the cards for her to come with us next summer. Between the parks, Vero Beach, the cruise, a stop at Gatlinburg and Dollywood on the way back we are heading to Chicago for a convention. So we will be gone for a month. I don't think she can be away from home for that long.
So we will be in cabin: 9108
Could you please add that to the FE spreadsheet?:goodvibes

I already have you on it - but will change your stateroom number right now. :)

I already have you on it - but will change your stateroom number right now. :)

Thanks so much! This may be quite a job for you. We had a very large group last year.

Has anyone mentioned doing a meet after boarding?

Thanks so much! This may be quite a job for you. We had a very large group last year.

Has anyone mentioned doing a meet after boarding?

Not yet.. we need someone to head it up. ;) I have my hands full with the FE stuff. So if anyone wants to volunteer.....

Hello all cruisers. Our family will be on this cruise as well. I have requested to Join the FB group too.

I just found this list, so I have to catch up reading all the posts, but look forward to socializing with you all over the next 10 or so months!

I have a fellow officer from my fire department that is taking this same cruise next weekend, so he's got lots of assignments from me. The biggest is some pictures of the ship. We're surprising our DD for Christmas by having a large picture made into a puzzle and they'll each get pieces and have to put it together to learn the surprise!

Coming from central Illinois,
husband, wife, two daughters, 9,6 at cruise time.

Oh, and we booked last January, Cat 9D GTY, so no room assignment yet....

Hello all cruisers. Our family will be on this cruise as well. I have requested to Join the FB group too.

I just found this list, so I have to catch up reading all the posts, but look forward to socializing with you all over the next 10 or so months!

I have a fellow officer from my fire department that is taking this same cruise next weekend, so he's got lots of assignments from me. The biggest is some pictures of the ship. We're surprising our DD for Christmas by having a large picture made into a puzzle and they'll each get pieces and have to put it together to learn the surprise!

Coming from central Illinois,
husband, wife, two daughters, 9,6 at cruise time.

Oh, and we booked last January, Cat 9D GTY, so no room assignment yet....

:welcome:

I think I added you to the FB group late last night. :) What a great way to tell your DD's. I miss the days when my own girls were young and we could do stuff like that with them. Is this your first cruise? First Disney cruise?

It's been really quiet around here and on the FB page - but with school starting that isn't so surprising. I am sure it will pick up the closer we get to our sail date.

Once you get your feet under you, let me know if you would like to join the fish extender group. It is so much fun. :)

:welcome:

I think I added you to the FB group late last night. :) What a great way to tell your DD's. I miss the days when my own girls were young and we could do stuff like that with them. Is this your first cruise? First Disney cruise?

It's been really quiet around here and on the FB page - but with school starting that isn't so surprising. I am sure it will pick up the closer we get to our sail date.

Once you get your feet under you, let me know if you would like to join the fish extender group. It is so much fun. :)

You did indeed get me added on FB. My wife and I have been on a couple cruises, but this is our first Disney. The girls have never been on one. We're discussing the FE thing. I had never heard of it before, so my wife and I are trying to figure out exactly what it is/how it works...

You did indeed get me added on FB. My wife and I have been on a couple cruises, but this is our first Disney. The girls have never been on one. We're discussing the FE thing. I had never heard of it before, so my wife and I are trying to figure out exactly what it is/how it works...

With the FE gift exchange you make small gifts - your choice as to do it one per stateroom, one for adults and then something small for each child.. or something small for each person. Really that decision is totally up to you - whatever works for your time frame and budget. Then you pick a time during the cruise to deliver your gifts and drop them in each participating cabins Fish Extender... and you also get gifts from everyone participating in your FE.

On the May (2012) cruise we were on we got things like goodie bags filled with small party favor type gifts for pirate night (fake mustaches, temporary tattoos, cheap beaded trinket kids type necklaces, candy, eye patches), to candy bars from the region of the gifter to small scrapebooks, small bottles of rum, personalized pencils and pens, hair bows, books made with photos and information specific to our cruise.

To me.... It really is a very individually or family personalized thing as to what you can give. No one cares how much or how little you spend or even if it is something you spent hours making. The fun is in participating and the surprises that wait for you nearly every time you go back to your room. My family also had a lot of fun passing out our gifts.

As far as the fish extender itself - there are several threads on the main cruise forum about them - and even threads about what other have made for gifts.

You can make your own fish extender or purchase one. There are some sellers on both ebay and etsy that do a fantastic job.

I posted some photos from things we made from our last cruise on the FB page as a reference to those who have never participated before. The biggest regret I have from our last cruise as far as the entire FE thing - we never expected to be cruising again so soon and when we had our FE made we had it VERY personalized for that specific cruise. So we are going to have another made that will be more general this time. I am NOT good with sewing or really crafts at all - that is why I am going with someone from etsy. ;)

If you have any more questions about it - just ask.. either here, on FB or even on the main cruise forum.

Hi Jen! We "talked" on the FB page but I wanted to say I found y'all here as well!!

I have cruised twice before, June '08 and February '11. Looking VERY forward to this sailing!! I picked the date as my buddies Anita & Marc are sailing as well. :)

I'd love to participate in the FE - it's just lil ole me, Katie. Room 9087.

Thanks!!
Katie

Hi Jen! We "talked" on the FB page but I wanted to say I found y'all here as well!!

I have cruised twice before, June '08 and February '11. Looking VERY forward to this sailing!! I picked the date as my buddies Anita & Marc are sailing as well. :)

I'd love to participate in the FE - it's just lil ole me, Katie. Room 9087.

Thanks!!
Katie

Just added you to the list! :thumbsup2

I think I hear crickets!

Soo quiet around here lately

I just popped by to see if the thread had moved along a bit, and I was happy to see that it had.

I would like to join the Facebook page (name's Courtney)but probably won't participate in the fish extender group. Since we are flying from Utah, I want to keep our luggage to a minimum. (I'm the type that would buy and make oodles of things. It could get out of control. :rotfl2:) We also have never cruised before, and I am afraid that trying to plan FE gifts would add to the stress of trying to figure out the whole cruising thing. (doesn't have to be that way, but I know myself). I hope that's okay and doesn't mean we'll be blacklisted from any meet-n-greets.

We booked our trip on April Fool's Day, and it honestly seems like a joke. I can't believe we've gone from being 14 months out from our trip to less than 9. It is going to be so exciting!

Hey Courtney - added you to the FB group. Looking forward to getting to know you. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter