July 22, 2013 - Wonder Cruise to Alaska

Anyone starting to look at getting to Vancouver or Seattle? I thought we would fly into Seattle from the Baltimore area but saw some great flights on United out of Philadelphia to Vancouver that weren't too expensive, about $420 R/T. Thinking of flying in on Friday and then having the weekend to see Vancouver. Got to start researching things to do in Vancouver. Anyone else doing the same research?
Debbie

Anyone starting to look at getting to Vancouver or Seattle? I thought we would fly into Seattle from the Baltimore area but saw some great flights on United out of Philadelphia to Vancouver that weren't too expensive, about $420 R/T. Thinking of flying in on Friday and then having the weekend to see Vancouver. Got to start researching things to do in Vancouver. Anyone else doing the same research?
Debbie
I've been looking at flight info and wishing we were cruising out of Seattle. $200 r/t Den to Seattle and $540 r/t Den to Vancouver. Even if we tried booking two separate flights, it apparently costs $350 to fly from Seattle to Vancouver, so we wouldn't end up saving anything. Can't find anyone flying direct from Den to Vancouver...but I'm not giving up yet!

Planning to get into Vancouver a day early at this point but don't know if we can do more than that.

Debbie

I started looking weeks ago but some of the websites didn't go out far enough for our travel dates (aa.com is only booking through June '13). I need to look again but the plan is to get into the area a few days early. If Seattle ends up being significantly cheaper, I'll need to look at ground transportation options to Vancouver the day before. That may end up wiping out any airfare savings.

DS and I plan on going to Vancouver a few days earlier to see the sights and I have heard really great things about the Amtrack train ride from Seattle to Vancouver, so most likely we will fly Southwest to seattle (no baggage fees- and I get double point on my SW visa.) and for about 30/40 dollars PP one way.. we will take the train ride into Vancouver. It might add to $$ travel but then again, I heard the view is awesome. :thumbsup2

Plus with southwest, if I see a cheaper ticket I can change the flight and use the credit for another flight later on.... with no change penalties. :goodvibes love southwest!

I have read a few trip reports on this site and other Disney boards that start with "P" and transport from Seattle to Vancouver seems to be plenty and fairly inexpensive. I download a book about Vancouver to my kindle today and found plenty to do in Vancouver. Lots of stuff to do with pre-teens, which is good. My son will love the suspension bridge and Grouse Mountain.
Looking at airfare I have been putting in dates in June (flying west on a Friday and east on a Tuesday) to get a feel for the prices since airfare doesn't extend to the end of July. Just trying to get a feel, hopefully prices don't change too much between end of June and July.
I noticed that Vancouver seems to have good public transportation. So if we fly into Vancouver it might alleviate the need for a rental car, which can save money. My DH was thinking we should rent a car and drive from Seattle to Vancouver but now we might rethink... Lots of possibilities!!
Debbie

Using dummy dates in June, airfare to YVR from ORD was $800 p/p! :scared: Flying into SEA was only about $400 p/p - that's a significant savings when we're talking 5 people. I think that's going to be our choice and then take the Cascade train which we can do for about $250 one-way in business class.

So that seems to be the easy part. Most hotels in Vancouver won't accommodate 5 ppl and the rooms are so expensive. I'd like to stay as close to the dock as possible but the expense might push us further out. So much to consider - glad we still have plenty of time.

Hi Everyone,

We will be on this cruise! Myself and my DD14 (at cruise time) and my DMama! We are so excited!! :banana: We were supposed to have been on the Aug 6, 2012 cruise to Alaska out of Seattle, but had to postpone. Sooooo sad :(

DD and I cruised the Eastern Caribbean in 2007 (Magic), but DM has never been on a cruise and none of us have been to Alaska before.

Great to "meet" all of you and I will PM CHIdad with fb info!

Hi Everyone,

We will be on this cruise! Myself and my DD14 (at cruise time) and my DMama! We are so excited!! :banana: We were supposed to have been on the Aug 6, 2012 cruise to Alaska out of Seattle, but had to postpone. Sooooo sad :(

DD and I cruised the Eastern Caribbean in 2007 (Magic), but DM has never been on a cruise and none of us have been to Alaska before.

Great to "meet" all of you and I will PM CHIdad with fb info!

Hi TeresaBelle! Welcome! I replied to your PM. Once in the FB group, you can sign up for the FE if you'd like. Looking forward to getting to know you and your family before the trip.

Hi All!
Just booked today!!!!!
We will be joining you on this cruise! We are super excited! We have sailed on the Wonder in 2009, the Dream in 2011, we will sail again on the Dream in March of 2013 and then to Alaska!!

My family is:
Myself
DH
DD: 7 at the time of the cruise
(twins)

Joining us will be:
DMother
DFather
DBrother
Dsis-in-law

I would love to joing the FE. I know my girls would really enjoy it!!
:cool1:

Hi All!
Just booked today!!!!!
We will be joining you on this cruise! We are super excited! We have sailed on the Wonder in 2009, the Dream in 2011, we will sail again on the Dream in March of 2013 and then to Alaska!!

My family is:
Myself
DH
(twins)

Joining us will be:
DMother
DFather
DBrother
Dsis-in-law

I would love to joing the FE. I know my girls would really enjoy it!!
:cool1:

Welcome sarabeth! Send me a PM and I will add you to the Facebook group - I only need your email address on your FB account. There is a link there for signing up for the FE exchange. If you don't have a FB account, I can send you the link directly.

Hi guys

We're on this cruise too :banana:

There's DH & I along with
DD 15 (the day we get onboard :cake:)
DS 16

We're from Ireland so have already booked airfare, we're flying into Vancouver about 6 days before the cruise, then travelling down to Seattle afterwards for 5 days before catching an Air Alaska flight over to Orlando where we're spending a couple of weeks before flying home.

I've managed to sort out hotels but just need to work out the best way to get from Vancouver to Seattle.

Hi guys

DS 16

We're from Ireland so have already booked airfare, we're flying into Vancouver about 6 days before the cruise, then travelling down to Seattle afterwards for 5 days before catching an Air Alaska flight over to Orlando where we're spending a couple of weeks before flying home.

I've managed to sort out hotels but just need to work out the best way to get from Vancouver to Seattle.

Welcome to the group!

Wow! Sounds like an epic vacation! VAN to SEA - you have a few options. You can fly, take the train, or take the bus. We looked into this as well and the train seemed like the best option but it's a matter of timing. It leaves early in the morning or early evening so you either have to find a way to fill up the day or take the bus. I'm sure there are other options that might be a bit more expensive, I just didn't look into them.

....We looked into this as well and the train seemed like the best option but it's a matter of timing. It leaves early in the morning or early evening so you either have to find a way to fill up the day or take the bus. I'm sure there are other options that might be a bit more expensive, I just didn't look into them.

We liked the look of the train but didn't fancy hanging around all day with our cases so will probably take the bus.

Hi guys

DS 16

WELCOME to the group!!! :cheer2:

Where in Ireland are you from? Both of my brother in laws are from Ireland.

we have been wanting to go to Ireland for years but just can't bring myself to get on the plane for the trip :crazy2:

Looking forward to meeting you and your family on our great Alaska adventure!

WELCOME to the group!!! :cheer2:

Where in Ireland are you from? Both of my brother in laws are from Ireland.

we have been wanting to go to Ireland for years but just can't bring myself to get on the plane for the trip :crazy2:

Looking forward to meeting you and your family on our great Alaska adventure!

We're from Kilkenny which is about 80 miles South of Dublin, where are you in laws from?

That plane trip is a tough one, which is one of the reasons we take such long vacations, so that we have plenty of time to recover in between flights :crazy2:

I've sent a request to join the FB group so hopefully I'll see you all on there :thumbsup2

We're from Kilkenny which is about 80 miles South of Dublin, where are you in laws from?

That plane trip is a tough one, which is one of the reasons we take such long vacations, so that we have plenty of time to recover in between flights :crazy2:

I've sent a request to join the FB group so hopefully I'll see you all on there :thumbsup2

Hello, One brother in law is from Cushendahl and the other from Kerry, which I think is closer to you. If your doing the Fish Extenders feel free to put Belleek or Waterford in mine..I collect both :flower3: LOL!

Look forward to meeting your family!

Hi guys - I am not on this cruise but wanted to offer my fellow dis'ers something - I am actually hosting an event in Vancouver the couple days before your cruise and have a negotiated group rate of $119 a night right by Vancouver airport (free shuttle to the airport - 4.5* hotel - in Vancouver this summer rate is unheard of). I don't mind if some of you on this cruise want to book in under our group - I have a block of about 100 rooms and know they won't all get used. The rate is good July 18-22 at the Delta Vancouver Airport Hotel - its a gorgeous hotel with a really deep outdoor pool the kids love - I have stayed there a few times - anyway if you want to take advantage of the $119 rate - just call them and say you are with National Canadian Girl - just say you are part of my group :) Thought of this tonight and maybe can help some of you save some $$$. You could hop the shuttle to the airport and then hop the disney bus right to the pier, or just taxi/limo, etc.... http://www.deltahotels.com/en/hotels/british-columbia/delta-vancouver-airport/
I probably won't check back on this thread, so keep all the newcomers in the loop - I don't mind you using it at all. Just don't let on at the hotel you aren't actually with our group. hahaha. If you have any questions just pm me!

Hello, One brother in law is from Cushendahl......

That's in the North and would be part of the UK

and the other from Kerry, which I think is closer to you.

That's about a three and a half hour drive away so not that far :thumbsup2

If your doing the Fish Extenders feel free to put Belleek or Waterford in mine..I collect both :flower3: LOL!

LOL, Vintage Waterford that was made in Ireland is becoming extremely collectable now that it's no longer made here so if you've got any Irish pieces hang onto them

Look forward to meeting your family!

Same here :goodvibes

Hi!

We are looking for fellow cruisers going on the Wonder to Alaska on the July 22, 2013 sailing. We have an FE started, and have some fun people in the group already! There's plenty of room for more!
Thanks!! ºoº :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter