July 22, 2013 - Wonder Cruise to Alaska

Lollipop's Mom said:
Hi guys - I am not on this cruise but wanted to offer my fellow dis'ers something - I am actually hosting an event in Vancouver the couple days before your cruise and have a negotiated group rate of $119 a night right by Vancouver airport (free shuttle to the airport - 4.5* hotel - in Vancouver this summer rate is unheard of). I don't mind if some of you on this cruise want to book in under our group - I have a block of about 100 rooms and know they won't all get used. The rate is good July 18-22 at the Delta Vancouver Airport Hotel - its a gorgeous hotel with a really deep outdoor pool the kids love - I have stayed there a few times - anyway if you want to take advantage of the $119 rate - just call them and say you are with National Canadian Girl - just say you are part of my group :) Thought of this tonight and maybe can help some of you save some $$$. You could hop the shuttle to the airport and then hop the disney bus right to the pier, or just taxi/limo, etc.... http://www.deltahotels.com/en/hotels/british-columbia/delta-vancouver-airport/
I probably won't check back on this thread, so keep all the newcomers in the loop - I don't mind you using it at all. Just don't let on at the hotel you aren't actually with our group. hahaha. If you have any questions just pm me!

Thank you so much!! We just booked our room. Only 175 days to go.....

Hi everybody! We just booked our july 22nd Alaska cruise!! This will be our fourth Disney Cruise, first time on the Wonder. I am interested in the FE. We did it on our last Disney Cruise and had so much fun.

DisneymamaX4 said:
Hi everybody! We just booked our july 22nd Alaska cruise!! This will be our fourth Disney Cruise, first time on the Wonder. I am interested in the FE. We did it on our last Disney Cruise and had so much fun.

Just requested to join the group on facebook.

We are booked for this one as well! Trying to find options on flying in and out of Vancouver. We want to give ourselves 1-2days lead in getting there. I hope I can find this thread again.

Hi kimdesimone! Welcome to the group! We have a Facebook page and an FE group started. Please let me know if you'd like to join either.

Hello everyone! My husband and I will be on this cruise. is there anyway I can be added to the facebook group?

amandalynne621 said:
Hello everyone! My husband and I will be on this cruise. is there anyway I can be added to the facebook group?

Looks like Vern has it covered. Welcome to the group!

My family is scheduled for the Wonder cruise to Alaska 7/22. There are 6 of us and this is our 5th cruise. We've been on every DCL ship, so I can tell you about the Wonder, Dream, etc., if you'd like.

Our main concern right now is how to find relatively inexpensive airfare from Chicago to Vancouver. The price seems to be anywhere from $550 - $1,000, depending on the airline.

I tried to message you, but got the dreaded " you haven't posted enough to do that " response. So, I found the group on FB directly and requested to join. My name is Anne D., by the way.

What is this FE that everyone speaks of?

I need to get hip to the lingo. :)

I should've mentioned our family of 6 is:
Me
Hubby
13 yr old daughter
10 yr old daughter
9 (will be ten when we cruise) boy/ girl twins.

Can't wait!

awhitco said:
My family is scheduled for the Wonder cruise to Alaska 7/22. There are 6 of us and this is our 5th cruise. We've been on every DCL ship, so I can tell you about the Wonder, Dream, etc., if you'd like.

Our main concern right now is how to find relatively inexpensive airfare from Chicago to Vancouver. The price seems to be anywhere from $550 - $1,000, depending on the airline.

We are flying into Seattle and taking the quick coach to Vancouver. It was going to be about $300 each to fly the 40 minutes from Seattle to Vancouver and via quick coach it's less than $50 (prices for July haven't been announced yet but I'm assuming they'll be about the same as what it's at now). Yes, it's a long bus ride but we're flying in the day before, bussing to Vancouver and spending the night there (if you read through this thread there is a post offering a discounted rate at a great Vancouver airport hotel) - all for much less than it would cost us to fly directly into Vancouver.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I've been reading and looking up flights to Seattle. I agree, it would be better to do that and take the shuttle. Decisions, decisions....

We booked our air back in Sept. from Chicago and it was close to $600 per person. That wasn't even for a direct flight - ORD to SEA to VAN on AA and Alaska Air. Sounds like prices haven't changed much since then.

We booked our air back in Sept. from Chicago and it was close to $600 per person. That wasn't even for a direct flight - ORD to SEA to VAN on AA and Alaska Air. Sounds like prices haven't changed much since then.
I've been tracking airfare for close to a year now and have only seen Alaska Air go up by about $30pp, which put it within $25pp of a direct flight on United, so that is the way we've been leaning. I'm still holding out and hoping that, with the holidays behind us, the United fare might drop.

We'd considered flying into Seattle on Southwest and taking the train or bus, but the idea of hauling our luggage around wasn't very appealing.

I've been tracking airfare for close to a year now and have only seen Alaska Air go up by about $30pp, which put it within $25pp of a direct flight on United, so that is the way we've been leaning. I'm still holding out and hoping that, with the holidays behind us, the United fare might drop.

We'd considered flying into Seattle on Southwest and taking the train or bus, but the idea of hauling our luggage around wasn't very appealing.
HEY! fellow Alaska cruisers, just want to throw this out there..... When your looking for flights for our cruise, you might want to think about flying in a day or two early. In a perfect world.... Flights on time, connections are seamless....... luggage arrives on the same plane with you. ( In a perfect world). Karen & I are flying into Vancouver Sunday afternoon. I got a pretty good rate from Priceline, so you might want to look into that. Of course we are flying from So Cal too.

Hi Tony and everyone else,

We will be joining you on the cruise DH and I with DS13, DS10 and DD9. We are thinking about joining FE group so please pm me the info. I dont use FB so it might take to a little while to figure out.

DS is one week shy of 11th birthday. I am hoping to find if other boys in this group are doing oceaneers or edge. He is leaning toward oceaneer but not if others his age wont be there.

Flowermouse

FlowerMouse said:
Hi Tony and everyone else,

We will be joining you on the cruise DH and I with DS13, DS10 and DD9. We are thinking about joining FE group so please pm me the info. I dont use FB so it might take to a little while to figure out.

DS is one week shy of 11th birthday. I am hoping to find if other boys in this group are doing oceaneers or edge. He is leaning toward oceaneer but not if others his age wont be there.

Flowermouse

Welcome to the group, Flowermouse! I think my wife added you to FB group and you can find the link for the FE signup there. If you have any problems locating the details or using the form, let me know and I'll gladly get the info over to you.

We'll be traveling with ds16, ds13, and dd10 at the time of the cruise. We haven't even started talking about the clubs yet - guess we need to do that.

I am hoping my dd10 will stick in the lab-club as her sister and cousin will be there it will be much easier to keep the peace!

My kids (dd10, ds13, and ds16) are interested in "meeting" some of their fellow cruisers beforehand. If anyone has kids that are interested, and roughly the same ages, let me know and we can get them connected through email etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter