July 2016 Trip Report Thread

Today mostly was a relax at the Fort day for us, grilled some burgers all hit by lightning so the burgers were a little rare but still good. Headed over to Disney Springs and everyone in the Orlando area had the same idea, the remodel and new store are very nice, but way to many people for me (I know Disney in July, what was I expecting). The World of Disney was shoulder to shoulder, but we found some shirts and goodies so we booked it on over to the Christmas Store, one of our favorites, not so packed looked around and my DW could find the princesses shoe ornament she wanted, she is collecting them, we seen it over at the Contemporary so we'll be returning there sometime. Anyways, we walked across to the Art of Disney store, very cool pictures debating on buy a couple for the house. Left there and walked around Disney Springs checking out the new stuff, making our way towards Plant Hollywood (which is closed for refurbishment). Couple of things I wanted to touch on, first the road (Buena Vista) in front of Disney Springs is redone, with the bus lanes in the middle, I noticed a quicker trip to and from Disney Springs, guessing the bus lanes help with that. Secondly I remember some talk on the board about a turning lane off of World Drive (correct me if I'm wrong) before you get to the ticket booth for MK, nothing has changed yet, no sign of and road work on the little turn off road that is already there, you still have to go in through the ticket booth and battle the buses for the right turning lane.

Anyhow tomorrow is EPCOT and we plan on being there for rope drop in the morning and trying to make the new Frozen Ride for the dw before line becomes too long, shower now, then bed,

Hey Randy, if you need any more money for this huge spending spree I'll buy that Corvette from ya.

Just sayn...

So you rode the bus back and forth between the Fort and Disney Springs, Randy? And the bus lanes are finished? Where is the bus stop at Disney Springs these days? What is it near? I might be willing to try a bus ride over there and back on my next trip.

Bama Ed

Ed the bus drop off is in front of Plant Hollywood, I guess it's the westside, it's across the road from the Hess gas station if that helps.

Made to EPCOT at 0800, proud to let yall know I was in (still am) in the Frozen Marathon, Ed you would be proud....

Last edited:
Made it on and off the Frozen Ride by 0930, not bad. We were some of the first in line... The ride was good (I haven't seen the movie so I don't know much about it). I liked the old ride better, maybe it's a guy thing...

:offtopic:

Seen it, didn't like it.

Personally thought Brave and Tangled were better.

Just my $.02.

Now, back to the show.

Well, I'm trying to keep up with Randy.

Today I booked my family for a Keys to the Kingdom Tour in January. We got shut out from it last trip so I was ready this time around.

Also booked my 180+10 ADR's for Trails End, Be Our Guest (dinner), and The Boathouse. Next up on the horizon (way out there) is buying the theme park tickets and buying Magic Bands from The Disney Store for those who will want non-bland band.

I ordered 3 Thomas Kinkade Disney 750 piece puzzles on sale this week so I am good for the camping trips this Labor Day, the Fort in January, and GSP next year.

Oh and Randy, glad you didn't have to wait long in the Frozen line. At rope drop, best way to improve your position to F or 7DMT is to throw elbows and trip feet unashamedly.

Bama Ed

Ed, we've have done the Keys to the Kingdom Tour very good stuff :thumbsup2.

As far as rope drop, I think we did pretty good, we walked at a very fast pace, CM were lined up everywhere saying "please no running!" But I may have or not have cut some folks off, I seen first hand it's every person for their self, my DW said it reminded her of Black Friday...o_O

She is upset because the past 3 trips she has had her heart set on meeting Snow White and 3 times she has been a no show,

Just made it back to the camper via the Monorail and a stop by Contemporary and WL, checked out the Carol Wood room, it has two hand built railroad cars from Walts private Railroad he had in his back yard, I'll post pictures of it in a few minutes.

Here are a couple of pictures if Walts private train cars,
20160708_150112_zps6lvzxkgm.jpg

20160708_150124_zps4qvmn8fm.jpg

20160708_150133_zpsbccr4b6p.jpg

Very cool knowing the history around these cars,

Thanks Randy for all the postings. Enjoy reading it. We have been busy with our latest adventure.

Tiggerdad have to say I love Brave. Merida is one of my favorites. I love Frozen but that is the music, I love brave for the strong female.

Well we made it home around 4pm, I pretty good trip all and all, just could've done without the 105 heat index. We rented at cart yesterday so we could ride around the campground loops, just too hot to ride all over the campground. Of course yesterday evening there was a thunderstorm, so after the weather we rode around. I managed to get a couple of good shots of the 2100 loop,
20160709_201002_zpsxjbmhltl.jpg

20160709_200923_zpsd8ioqecg.jpg

20160709_200920_zpsn9ieabbs.jpg

20160709_200851_zps3bbu8svp.jpg

A view from the side, past the fence.
Here's a couple of pictures after the thunderstorm,
20160709_205429_zpsybuvtyuv.jpg

20160709_222314_zps2n9i1spn.jpg

A tree was blown over by our bathhouse in the 1400 loop,
20160709_221328_zpsdseokrn2.jpg

It's kinda hard to make out, but that's a tree that fell on top of someone's chevy truck in on of the cabin loops.

We're already talking about our next trip to the Fort. Thanks for letting me share our trip on here, I'm gonna back on out now and keep following along on everyone's TR.

Glad you made it home Randy. Thanks for bringing us along. All in all, would you go back in the summer to the Fort? (I mean, now you can make an informed decision). I have stayed away from summer trips but wonder if they are "bearable".

Bama Ed

Thanks Randy.

See, even Mother Nature doesn't like Chevy's judging by the tree.

It's looking more and more like we may have to set our sites on Thanksgiving or a summer run. We've done the first week in June which was hot, but not unbearable for us. I just say this because Randy can do a comparison of July. We had low 90s then so not smothering heat.

If you plan your days where your not in a park standing in a line during the middle of the day, July is doable. We would return in July, it's not our preferred time of year, but if it's the only time we could get away and go we'd go. I just have to remember to be patient, everyone else is hot and some people are ill. We tried to do indoor, short line rides during the day at MK. Carousel of Progress, Mickey's PhilharMagic, Hall of Presidents are a few of the indoor air condition rides we try to do during the hottest time of the day. We had some days where the heat index was over 100 and we could get over how my people we seen in long pants and long sleeve shirts, only thing I could figure is that they were from the surface of the sun and was at Disney on vacation!

Another thing you have to real with are the summertime afternoon thunderstorms, there was a thunderstorm in the area every afternoon, and if there is lightning close to the park, (7 miles I believe) they close the outdoor rides, (Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain etc). They still will honor your FP anytime after the ride opens of it was closed during your FP hour, but this may cause a log j of folks in the FP line, we seen way more people in the FP line for Seven Dwarf Mine Train compared to the stand by line and it was 90 mins.

Just my $0.02

I walked by the pool but didn't see any work going on there, but the Meadows playground is closed.

The Settlement playground is open

Turkeys

Breakfast sandwich from P and J's Takeout

Travel trailer in 1500 loop

As long as it is a small TT I don't see a problem. We have a small (17') TT and it is smaller than a lot of pop ups. We have a tent site booked for Dec, we will se how it goes.

Southalabama5er, I have enjoyed your trip & glad y'all made it home safely. I prefer to go 1st part of Feb. From Texas we started getting hot in June. I am ready for cooler weather. Loved the rest of your outside setup. The Mickey ears - were they hard to make? Hopefully one of these days we will run into you & the family @ the Fort. Jan we meet a few of the Gang & it was nice putting a face to the name. Stay cool & happy Camping!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter