July 2016 Trip Report Thread

Thanks Tiggerdad. You know, I think the squirrels might be in hiding waiting for your next trip, I've only seen 2 so far. I have seen more turkeys than squirrels. I have also seen cardinals, blue jays, a woodpecker and 2 armadillos.

I want to throw a big shout out and thank you to Tiggerdad, back in May/June we had our DIS meet at GSP. I commented on Mickey Mouse Street Lamp with the milk can base. I remember following his pretrip report while he built and painted his lamp. I mention that I would like to have one and he told me he had one ore milk can so I offered to buy it and paint I up like the others I've seen at FW. He refused any money, said we'd work something out. Well today Tiggerdad and his family drove down to spend a couple of days here and explore Dalphin Island and Mobile. Well he had a suprise for me, walked out to his car, guess what...
20160701_212713_zps4hxewrlc.jpg

He had finished the milk can base up very nice for us. We took my lamp apart and have a good plan for finishing it up
tomorrow! Thanks Tiggerdad for having this done and suprising with it. I'm very excited nw about our trip Monday to FW! We really do appreciate it Michael! Looking forward to tomorrow and taking him and his bunch up to Mobile, then packing Sunday for the Fort on Monday!

After staying up late last night enjoying our company (tiggerdad and his family), I woke up a little before 5 am, tried to sneak out of the house without waking anyone and washed the camper and the truck, just finished that up, today we plan on finishing up the Mickey lamp, while our wives work on making some Disney shirt on the silhouette machine. 7 am and I'm pouring sweat, guess I might as well get use to it for the next week.

Yeah, the milk can came out real good. Painted it with leftover automotive paint from my BiL bodyshop.

Sanded it up nice and shiny
IMAG0407.jpg

Added on some primer
IMAG0408.jpg

First paint was some Dodge Viper Red
IMAG0410.jpg
Then some Screaming Yellow (a Chevy color)
IMAG0411.jpg
Then some Night Hawk Black (Honda color)
IMAG0414.jpg
And then two coats of clearcoat later
IMAG0417.jpg
So it's a gift and a joke at the same time. Randy, the Ford guy, got a can painted with Honda, Chevy, and Dodge paints.

There ya go buddy!

If ANY of you are there during Randy's visit I highly recommend you go by and meet them. They are a great couple and good friends to camp with.

Last edited:

I'm not trying to get :offtopic: here, but Tiggerdad and his bunch just left heading home, had such a great couple of days with them, had some good laughs as well. Already planning another get together with them in a few months.

Anyways back on track here with the trip report, washing the bed sheets here this evening and about to make a trip to Walmart for a few items and to fill up the truck with diesel, after that plan on loading a few things up in the camper, tonight and tomorrow will be a long wait, so ready to hit the road. I hope everyone at the Fort now is having a great time!

Randy, I get off work here shortly. Give me a call if you need some help staying awake.

Otherwise...popcorn::

Not a true trip report, but we scored a reservation at Whispering Canon last night and then went to fw beach to watch the fireworks. Great time and loved it other than a bagpipper which is cool. But is playing over the music, and it was LOUD.

Fireworks were only about 15 minutes long. I grew up going July 4th week not as good as 20 years ago. But good.... The dinner was good and its always good to have anytime at the fort.

Well it's good to be home again, pulled in at 0738 Eastern, we had a delay leaving so we pulled out right at midnight central, so if my math is right..... 542 miles in 6 hrs and 38 mins nonstop from the Mobile to the Fort, my second quickest time. The fastest I have made the drive was just over 6 hours in my Corvette, but thats another story, right Ed!?

Walked inside and checked in and landed in site 1438. The outside loop is pretty tight but made to on the site pretty easy. We set up the camper put out a few things before it started to heat up, I'll finish setting up this evening, afterwards took my dear ol truck up to the overflow and cought the bus back to the camper, it's weird not having a golf cart but no big deal, I need the extra exercise!

Our site is nice, other than the brown power sub station right out side the door. Sitting underneath our awning I can see the movie screen for the camp fire sing along, so it's a very short walk over to the Meadows and bike barn. Me and Alana are about to go walk over there and look around, she's excited to use her new camera and she going to look for Ed's name on the sidewalk, I'm not giving any hints Ed!
20160704_073638_zpswxiwymxa.jpg

20160704_100438_zpszaobfpba.jpg

Site 1438.

Glad you made it in safe Randy. Looking forward to reading along.

That two-story humungous trailer of yours puts out a lot of shade - that will come in handy in July. 1438 looks like a VERY convenient site. On the inside of the outer loop just one spot past the Comfort Station.

Have fun! Bama Ed

Last edited:
We left the light on for you . . . See you 11:30am-noon on The 5th.
TRS

Oooo!

Scupper's coming to visit!

Get ready Randy, it's something you'll never forget. You'll be outside and suddenly realize that not only have the animals stopped moving, but so has the wind. It'll darken a little then all of a sudden the sun will shine down on your campsite and you'll turn to find Scupper already seated in your favorite chair, smiling. He may even bring his own picnic bag.

Word of advice, no pictures. The Secret Service will show up and confiscate your camera.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter