July 2016 Trip Report Thread

Oooo!

Scupper's coming to visit!

Get ready Randy, it's something you'll never forget. You'll be outside and suddenly realize that not only have the animals stopped moving, but so has the wind. It'll darken a little then all of a sudden the sun will shine down on your campsite and you'll turn to find Scupper already seated in your favorite chair, smiling. He may even bring his own picnic bag.

Word of advice, no pictures. The Secret Service will show up and confiscate your camera.

Need a double like button, on here.

Looking forward to tomorrow! I think we are looking forward to meeting the world famous Rusty Scupper more than our days in the park! See you tomorrow TRS!

PS I have the IBC's on standby in both refrigerators!

Thanks friendofeeyore! Just finished setting up some more outside decorations, I plugs in my lights and the sub power station in front of the camper started to hum louder. I'll post some pictures after it gets dark, if the rain holds off.

We took our chairs and walked over through 600 loop and watch the 4th of July Fort Wilderness golf cart parade,
20160704_170744_zpsuuf5p0mf.jpg

Donald Duck was leading the way,
20160704_170813_zps54iiqefe.jpg

This was our first golf cart parade of any type here at the Fort.
20160704_171003_zpsmw7h3iuy.jpg

Nemo made a appearance
20160704_171505_zpsunzrj7s5.jpg

20160704_171512_zpsglmvrgta.jpg

Yes that was a real hound in that little dog house,
20160704_171602_zpsw0dwwwa7.jpg

Must of been over a hundred carts, honking horns and flashing light and Lee Greenwood's God Bless the USA.
20160704_171705_zpsve4gt7bu.jpg

Happy 4th everyone, thank you to all our service men and women! We took a bunch of pictures of the parade, way too many to post.
20160704_210446_zpsin4wajsz.jpg

We put out our 3 Mickey heads and the Blisslight, it's hard to see the green spots of the Blisslight but it had a few people turning heads and a couple of compliments.

Hope everyone enjoyed the holiday. Looking forward to tomorrow, meeting The Rusty Scupper and dinner tomorrow evening at Trails End.

I will say the parking lot up front was filled today, cars and trucks in the grass and anywhere they can get. I guess it's because of the holiday, I'm a strong believer that they could expand the Fort and it will still be booked up!

I will say the parking lot up front was filled today, cars and trucks in the grass and anywhere they can get. I guess it's because of the holiday, I'm a strong believer that they could expand the Fort and it will still be booked up!

Preach it brother! I been sayin' that for a LONG time. :banana:

Bama Ed

Preach it brother! I been sayin' that for a LONG time. :banana:

And I would being willing to relocate to Orlando area to oversee and manage the expansion project. Hello DISNEY is this thing on! No one better to oversee a campground development is a camper, after meeting and listening to TRS, I thing I can take on anything.

Last edited:
20160705_133931_zpsaomgc4lw.jpg

And just like that the Legendary Rusty Scupper was gone... leaving only a IBC cap... our lives will never be the same...

That him. He is like...

A Ninja of the Night.

A Whisp of Smoke.

A Tone beyond Audible Hearing.

A Bend in the Space-Time Continuum.

The only reason I know he exists is he is a shameless Disney foodie. He has an opinion on EVERY Disney eats location on the DIS restaurants forum. When I have trouble sleeping, I pull up his dining reviews (all sorted, graded, and categorized) and they put me right out better than a warm glass of milk. So he ain't no alter, he ain't no troll. He for REAL!. :worship:

Bama Ed

PS - I met him (at least I think I did) in March 2014 but it feels so long ago, I can hardly remember what his big smiling mug looked like ... I do remember he spoke in tongues and dabbled/babbled in B1G talk.

Last edited:

Made it up to,the fort. Enjoying the evening outside the MH listentening to some Chris Stalpleton, drinking some Coors, and eating some Jumbalaya from an old Disneyland recipe. Overall a great night, the dogs had their run earlier, and me a bike ride, maybe I'll head to the beach later for a Mickey bar and the fireworks.

Last edited:
Made over to Trails End via some nice people from Bradenton, Fla. who picked us up at the bus depot their golf cart, (thanks again who ever you are). Dinner was good as always, TE always has very good food.
20160705_183027_zpskufahnxv.jpg

One word "STUFFED"!
Afterwards we caught the lunch and headed over to the Wilderness Lodge and the Contemporary Resort, I feel out of place at the fancy resorts.
20160705_194516_zpsfol9ugca.jpg

The trail from the Marina to loop 300 loop is close and our first look at the gator fence, going to some getting use to.
20160705_194608_zpshspy5enj.jpg

The beach is opened and was full a folks having a nice evening here at FW.
20160705_194351_zpsfk2cyady.jpg

Saw some very cool looking carts,
20160705_201458_zpshxagxtnk.jpg

The lobby at Wilderness Lodge is very pretty, in my opinion the nicest looking resort I've seen on WDW property.
20160705_202357_zpsalduh6lo.jpg

20160705_201047_zpsvprz28ov.jpg

Very nice but I still prefer the campground,
20160705_200025_zpseegpgilz.jpg

Sunset at the Bay Lake Tower.
20160705_204123_zps1j22hyd6.jpg

20160705_205755_zpsomrqp7ka.jpg

The new corner of the Contemporary souvenir shop... Ed's Corner Store Pluzzes
20160705_211943_zpsjfop98cf.jpg

And believe or not but vinyl records are making a come back...
20160705_212053_zpskxtyb7mb.jpg

We seen the EWP from the lunch on the way back to FW, shower now and the Behind the Steam Tour in the morning, cool thing about this tour is that you have to a range transportation through the front deck, a van will pick us up here at our camper at 0645 in the morning. Shower now then bed, long day at MK tomorrow.

Darn it, I lost my post! I didn't realize the thread was pinned to the top! So happy to see trip reports including a TRS sighting! Makes my trip feel almost here!

We opened the popup yesterday to prep/pack and found water under the mattress of the king bunk end. The top of the mattress is not wet, the folded in canvas is not wet, the popup was covered with tarps so it wasn't rain. We are thinking it might have been AC condensate from May or rain from March or maybe...a mystery. We've checked and rechecked the AC, the seams, the canvas...

Our trip starts next week with a stay at a Florida spring. This spring had an alligator attack that resulted in a death last year and I'm very anxious about it. We've been visiting for 5 years and love it but the man was swimming in the designated area where we swim at the time we usually swim. I know that it will be alright but sometimes the brain is just irrational.

I can't wait to start our vacation! Now to just finish the packing and shopping.

Four puzzles each 500 pieces in one box? :crazy::tongue::thanks::dogdance:

Excellent pics, loving the trip reports! I'm so excited that I got to book my next stay at the Fort yesterday! But next October is sooo far away, I'm glad I have these trip reports to get me through the wait.......

Day two for me down yesterday. Spent the morning doing laundry and ice runs, then it was off to Epcot. Enjoyed the new soarin (do the images looked curved to anyone else?) and lunch at the WS before we retuned. Then I made a quick trip to Cast Connections to stock up on a few food staples before returning for dinner. Speaking of dinner, why is it that tacos always taste better camping that at home? :confused3 Finally we needed the night with YeHaa Bob at POR, where we may have enjoyed ourselves a little to much. Thank you Disney transport for a safe ride home.

Hey @SouthAlabama5er, been kinda busy and just joined in on this TR. Glad you made it in safe. The DW and I always enjoy our trips to the World with our children. We will be there July 30 through August 8th for our annual family trip. But I must say, there is something special also when the DW and I go alone. Slowing down a little and enjoying the sites, smells (ooh the smells of Main Street USA in the Magic Kingdom!) and sounds. Staying on the boat for an extra trip around Bay Lake and the Seven Seas Lagoon on your way to the Magic Kingdom early in the morning as you finish a hot cup of coffee is always good for the soul. Enjoying the pics and TR. Enjoy the rest of your stay.

PS........ @tiggerdad did a bang up job on that Mickey lamp......... and those colors........ does anything say fast more than Chevy Screaming Yellow!!!!!!
Steve

njoyed the new soarin (do the images looked curved to anyone else?)
I don't know about the new Soarin, but I know the old one was projected on a concave screen. I think it is done that way so that you could actually be moved into the space and have the screen wrapped around you to fully immerse you in the attraction.

I am excited to ride the new soarin in August when we go.

Thanks JETS70! Yeah Tiggerdad and BiL done a great job on the milk can. Yesterday was a long day, make it over to MK for the Behind the Steam Tour at 0715, didn't make it back to camp til late last night, had a few afternoon thunder squalls with some lightning so they closed down the ride for a couple of hours just as our first FP was coming up, Thunder Mountain Railroad, Splash Mountain and Mine Train all had a backlog of people in the FP line after they reopened but the lines moved very quickly.

My second highlight of this trip (behind meeting The Rusty Scupper of course) was the Behind the Steam Tour. I've always have been interested by all kind of trains, so the BtST was great, learned alot of very cool facts behind the Walt Disney World Railroad, and how steam trains played a very important part in Walts life. We made back to the railway round house where the store and and do the maintenance on both the steam trains and monorails. In fact I had the change to drive the Roy O Disney back out on to the mainline..... not really just a great picture op (not a fan of posting pictures of my ugly mug but this was a exception)
20160706_085255_zpsohguiows.jpg

"All aboard!" This was a very cool tour.

I took so many pictures and videos on the tour my phone battery died around noon, so before it died we had to borrow a pen and write the information about our FP on my hand so we wouldn't forget or get them confused. It's sad how much we depend on our smart phone, tablets etc these days.

Today is a slow day for us, although the DW is wanting to venture over to Disney Springs to do some shopping.... :sad2:
I've been under the awning watch folks wiz by on the carts, bikes, and two wheeled skateboards, and electric scooters, also Tiggerdad had some of his friends stop by for a visit and brunch...
20160707_093440_zpsvxktow0l.jpg

Well brunch mostly...:squirrel:

Last edited:
Glad you're taking care of my boys for me there Randy. You enjoy that shopping there buddy.

I can't help but notice that can looks near empty there Randy. Unless you wish for your doors to be picked and your pantry decimated, I would suggest you go ahead and open a new can.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter