January 6, 2013 Dream cruise

Xiphoia76-

Yes, please sign us up!

We have 3 state rooms, a total of 7people.....I will give them all to you and then confirm before December if my in-laws want to participate.

Stateroom 8089 and 8589- These are supposed to be connected. Inside will be
Me
My Husband
My Mom
DS (7)
DS (9)

And then my in-laws have an ocean view w/ verandah. I did not find a room number...just these letters: GTY Does that sound right? This is only my second cruise (first Disney) so I have a lot to learn. Inside will be two adults.

Let me know if you need any more info. We are getting psyched! :banana:

And, now for an unrelated question....we are seriously considering not doing a shore excursion in Nassau....any thoughts on this. They all seem so expensive for what you get...and this being our first cruise, I think we will enjoy time on the ship more....with maybe (?) less crowds? Any advice?

We have been on the Dream twice and both times we stayed on the ship in Nassau - on previous cruises we have gone into Nassau to just walk around and once took a taxi out to Atlantis but the Dream is such a fantastic ship that we prefered to stay onboard. Our experience was that most people left the ship right after breakfast - either to explore on their own or to go on shore excursions - and most everyone was back for lunch. The Aquaduck and the pool got a lot more crowded in the afternoon. We didn't have kids with us but I've heard that most kids don't want to leave the ship because there are so many great things to do and things are more crowded on the day at sea because everyone is on the ship. Debbie

Has anyone been lucky enough to do their online check-in yet? I think it opened up Saturday for concierge rooms and platinum CC members. We have to wait until Oct 8 to check in.

Has anyone been lucky enough to do their online check-in yet? I think it opened up Saturday for concierge rooms and platinum CC members. We have to wait until Oct 8 to check in.

I did. It was not the smooth experience I was used to :headache: Stayed up until the wee hours of the morning trying to get it to work. Hopefully the kinks from this new upgrade to their system will be worked out by the time you have to check in. pixiedust:

Xiphoia76-

Yes, please sign us up!

We have 3 state rooms, a total of 7people.....I will give them all to you and then confirm before December if my in-laws want to participate.

Stateroom 8089 and 8589- These are supposed to be connected. Inside will be
Me
My Husband
My Mom
DS (7)
DS (9)

And then my in-laws have an ocean view w/ verandah. I did not find a room number...just these letters: GTY Does that sound right? This is only my second cruise (first Disney) so I have a lot to learn. Inside will be two adults.

Let me know if you need any more info. We are getting psyched! :banana:

And, now for an unrelated question....we are seriously considering not doing a shore excursion in Nassau....any thoughts on this. They all seem so expensive for what you get...and this being our first cruise, I think we will enjoy time on the ship more....with maybe (?) less crowds? Any advice?

If it is your first cruise - Here is my advice. Don't do any planned excursions. There are plenty of things to do on the ship! If you absolutely feel the need to disembark just to say you've been to Nassau, get off, walk the pier through customs, take a stroll to the straw market or downtown and then come back on! I've never spent more than an hour off the boat. I'm afraid I'll miss too much....and it is AWESOME to be on the ship while a lot of people are OFF it!:crowded:

Okay, seriously people. I'm getting the itch. Our fish extender hangs on the side of my desk in our bedroom and I see it EVERY night when I go to bed and EVERY day when I get up!

Why is it still EMPTY?!?!?

Is anyone else getting crazy?:confused3

SOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!! can't wait to tell the kids thier xmas gift and to sit on the balcony watching the sun go down on the ocean with a glass of wine and my husband!!!!!

:yay::yay::yay::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::yay::yay::yay:

Thanks for all the advice. I am thinking we will stay on the boat and try to get in a few extra rides on the Aqua Duck instead of Nassau. This is our first cruise, and I am getting the feeling that 4 days on the Dream will not be enough.

I am also really excited for the Fish Extenders...whoever came up with such an idea is genius! I know my kids will love this.

Now that we've booked the cruise - it is SO hard not to slip and say anything to our granddaughters ! They will find out at Christmas and then we can talk about it nonstop. Luckily, with back-to-school, Thanksgiving and Christmas coming I'm sure the time will fly. My husband and I also have a trip to WDW coming up for the Food and Wine Festival so I can shop for cruise related stocking stuffers. I like the timing because usually it's such a letdown after the holidays but now this cruise will help me make it thru a midwest winter ! Debbie

Now that we've booked the cruise - it is SO hard not to slip and say anything to our granddaughters ! They will find out at Christmas and then we can talk about it nonstop. Luckily, with back-to-school, Thanksgiving and Christmas coming I'm sure the time will fly. My husband and I also have a trip to WDW coming up for the Food and Wine Festival so I can shop for cruise related stocking stuffers. I like the timing because usually it's such a letdown after the holidays but now this cruise will help me make it thru a midwest winter ! Debbie

Here's a little secret for you...:tink:

If you are going to have a rental car (or your own) when you are down here for Food and Wine, there is a Disney Outlet in one of the outlet malls down here that carries cruise line things. They have a bunch of things that you can normally buy on the ships and on Castaway Cay....even little things for stocking stuffers! It is a 10 minute car ride up I4 from Disney World.

We love that Disney outlet and I've been very surprised that they have had so many cruise items - I do a lot of scrapbooking and even bought super cheap scrapbook kits that were dated for the previous year but for the price there were lots of items in there that I could use. Also got a cool pink Castaway Cay jacket that I would never have bought at full price. One of our favorite places to shop ! Debbie

Would love to know where this outlay is!! We are heading into town a few days early and one of our days is set asdie for just shopping!!
Thanx
From all of us in Canada

There are two - go to premiumoutlets.com and search Orlando or just do a google search for outlet malls in Orlando. We usually go to the close one early in our trip because if you are just shopping for gifts for people at home or a shirt you will probably find something here and can save paying full price at the parks. The close one is on Vineland next to the big Catholic church - you can see it from the highway. It's called Character Warehouse. There is another one way out on International Drive - if we have a longer trip we'll go out there because it seems bigger but really has pretty much the same stuff as at Vineland. Enjoy ! Debbie

I've been to the one on International Drive - pretty big selection there, but not sure if they had much DCL-related merchandise when I visited (I wasn't looking for DCL stuff when I was there). Regardless, definitely some great deals at the outlets!

It's lovely!!!

OMG, you have a Keely? I have a Keighley. Pronounced the same. We just used the more fanciful Gaelic spelling.

Way cool!

How cool! We only know 2 other Keelys close to us, one that is an adult and has moved away and one that is at least 5 years older than ours, but that we didn't know at the time we named ours. My girls will probably be going by their favorite princess names while on board ;) Macy loves Cinderella and Keely adores Aurora.

We're taking them to see the princesses on ice tomorrow and I'm just DYING to tell them about the cruise!!!!!!!! Is it January yet?!

Is anyone planning to let their kids/grandkids spend time in the Oceaneer's Club and Lab? I'm guessing my DD6 would love it, but she will be a little afraid to try it since she won't know anyone there. Any chance your kids would want to exchange a few emails to get to know one another a little before the cruise? Knowing that someone she is at least a little familiar with will also be trying out the OC and OL would be a big bonus for my DD and will probably make this cruise extra special for her.

Thanks everyone!

My girls are 3 1/2, will be 4 in February, and I'm pretty confident they'll enjoy the kids' club and activities on board and we'd be happy to email you (or facebook maybe?) to "introduce" each other :) They are used to playing with their older cousins so I think they'd do great with your DD!

Anyone find any good car rental deals or codes? We'll be coming up from Fort Lauderdale and I'm being frightened by the prices I'm seeing today.

Anyone find any good car rental deals or codes? We'll be coming up from Fort Lauderdale and I'm being frightened by the prices I'm seeing today.

I booked a one-way from MCO to the port a couple of months ago. Wasn't a super great deal but I think it was $40 before taxes and fees for a full-size. Through Budget using BCD A376100 (found it on the mousesaver site: http://www.mousesavers.com/budget-rental-car-discounts/.

I've never tried it but I've heard you can get a decent deal through Priceline if you don't mind not being able to pick the rental car company. I wonder if you get the best deals through Priceline closer to the date you need it, however.

Hey, the FishExtenders sounds like a lot of fun; however, we're on the 12th Deck in Concierge with a key required to enter the hallway. I guess we're out of luck, right?

We've always had good service from Budget (and I noticed that someone offered a discount code from them). But.......just throwing this out there because I've been trying to figure out our travel too-you may only want to do it for travel TO the pier, because the Disney transfer service FROM the ship to the airport sounds AMAZING and is only slightly more expensive than renting a car or paying for private transportation. If you do the Disney transfer FROM SHIP TO AIRPORT, they handle all of your baggage so when you walk out of your room onboard, you don't have to fool with baggage again until you get off the plane AT HOME! WOW! IDK about everyone else, but I'm happy to pay about $35 per person to not have to worry about dragging our luggage around, checking it in at the airport, and all that while trying to keep up with 2 3 year olds ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!