January 6, 2013 Dream cruise

Okay..........I think I've done enough damage now to finally share my link with you! Here it comes..............

What the heck?! It still says I can't post attachments :o( What's up with that?! Well, try this: mommy2twincesses.blogspot.com/2012/08/homemade-fish-extender-disney-cruise.html

It's lovely!!!

OMG, you have a Keely? I have a Keighley. Pronounced the same. We just used the more fanciful Gaelic spelling.

Way cool!

Excited to see a forum for this cruise! I have never been a part of an FE group before, but it sounds fun. Please include us in the mix. The Fentons will be staying in #9074 and include myself, Kelly (35), DH (35), and 2 DS (14 and 9). Can't wait to meet all of you :)

I have updated the list as follows, it is already September...the cruise is only 4 months away!!!!!!

January 6, 2013 Disney Dream

Disboards ID Cabin Occupants

Xiphoid76 9172 2 adults
Disneyin84 7566 2 adults, 2 kids - 12(girl), 10(boy)
Turltepondkid gty 2 adults
Otownfamily 8554 2 adults, 2 kids - 14(boy), 13(girl)
Awhittle 12506 2 adults, 3 kids - 17(boy), 10(girl), 8(girl)
Gortman65 7654 2 adults, 2 kids - 6(girl), 9 months (girl)
CourtneyO 10156 2 adults, 2 kids – 5(girl), 3(boy)
Matysgrandma 10138 2 adults
Mom2twincesses 7150 2 adults – 2 kids – 3(girl), 3 (girl)
Fenton4 9074 2 adults – 2 kids – 14(boy), 9(boy)

I've been here often to read posts but I finally registered today because we would love to do the FE on this cruise. Usually it's just my husband and I but for this cruise we are bringing our daughter, son-in-law,and two granddaughters, age 5 and 7. We have two cabins but are doing gty so we don't have cabin numbers yet. Hope these four months go fast ! Debbie

We are first-timers here...never been on DCL and are super excited - the kids still don't know and I'm having trouble containing my excitment :banana: We would like to join the FE group - can one of you seasoned cruisers tell me if there will be a cut off so we know how many FEs to bring?

Cabin #10538 Adults(2) Boys(9,11)

Thanks!

We were on the Maiden Voyage of the Magic and sailed on the Wonder the next year. Then we were on the Dream last March and again this January. We love the Dream - it is really big but doesn't feel like it. Everything was excellent - the food, the cabin, the shows and just the ship. Castaway Cay is so much nicer than first time went. This is our first cruise with our granddaughters and we can't wait to show them everything on the ship. Let me know if you have any questions ! Debbie

We were on the Maiden Voyage of the Magic and sailed on the Wonder the next year. Then we were on the Dream last March and again this January. We love the Dream - it is really big but doesn't feel like it. Everything was excellent - the food, the cabin, the shows and just the ship. Castaway Cay is so much nicer than first time went. This is our first cruise with our granddaughters and we can't wait to show them everything on the ship. Let me know if you have any questions ! Debbie

By any chance, were you on the first sailing in January? We were on that one.

No, we were on the Jan. 26 sailing - we live in the midwest and if Southwest has a good airfare we take a winter break at WDW. On a whim, I checked rates on the Dream in the middle of our trip and they had verandah rates for less than an inside - so we booked it ! On our March trip the year before we couldn't dock at Castaway Cay but didn't mind because we were having so much fun exploring the ship but had a great time there in Jan. - hope this sailing will have good weather so we can enjoy it again......Debbie

I have updated the list as follows, it is already September...the cruise is only 4 months away!!!!!!

Xiphoid76 9172 2 adults

Just a little correction on our info. Stateroom 10138 - 2 adults
Stateroom 10140 - 2 adults 1 kid (3 year old boy).

Here is the latest, we will keep updating till probably around the middle of December I am thinking, but let me know if other people have more thoughts about when we should cut off the list...perhaps a month before the cruise takes off...

Xiphoid76 9172 2 adults
Matysgrandma 10140 2 adults, 1 kid – 3(boy)
GrammyGee gty x 2 4 adults, 2 kids – 7(girl), 5(girl)
Carcam51 10538 2 adults, 2 kids – 9(boy), 11(boy)

Is anyone planning to let their kids/grandkids spend time in the Oceaneer's Club and Lab? I'm guessing my DD6 would love it, but she will be a little afraid to try it since she won't know anyone there. Any chance your kids would want to exchange a few emails to get to know one another a little before the cruise? Knowing that someone she is at least a little familiar with will also be trying out the OC and OL would be a big bonus for my DD and will probably make this cruise extra special for her.

Thanks everyone!

Is anyone planning to let their kids/grandkids spend time in the Oceaneer's Club and Lab? I'm guessing my DD6 would love it, but she will be a little afraid to try it since she won't know anyone there. Any chance your kids would want to exchange a few emails to get to know one another a little before the cruise? Knowing that someone she is at least a little familiar with will also be trying out the OC and OL would be a big bonus for my DD and will probably make this cruise extra special for her.

Thanks everyone!

My granddaughters are a year older and a year younger but they don't know yet about the cruise - they get so excited about trips to Disney World that they really can't sleep so we try not to tell them too far ahead. This will be a Christmas gift so they'll find out then. I'm not sure how they will feel about the Club/Lab but I know they have Open House times when the parents can be there with them so that's probably how we'll try it out and see if they like it. :yay:

My granddaughters are a year older and a year younger but they don't know yet about the cruise - they get so excited about trips to Disney World that they really can't sleep so we try not to tell them too far ahead. This will be a Christmas gift so they'll find out then. I'm not sure how they will feel about the Club/Lab but I know they have Open House times when the parents can be there with them so that's probably how we'll try it out and see if they like it. :yay:

That will be a pretty awesome Christmas present! Perhaps once your granddaughters know an email or two (or disboard PM using our accounts) could be exchanged?

In any case, I bet there will be a lot of fun to be had starting Jan. 6!

Thanks! :)

Thanks everyone!

My grand kids (12 and 10 on this cruise) have been in the OL on two cruises so far... almost three years ago and again this past April. I realize that they had each other, but they found they each had different interests within the OL. You can trust that the Castmembers will make your daughter feel truly welcome and comfortable doing all sorts of things. I read two reviews of the kids' programs recently. Each said that you can drop your kids off in the morning and pick them up at night...and they will thank you for it.

Good Morning....I am excited to be on here with all of you 'veteran cruisers'! I was so excited to read about the Fish Extenders group and would love to join. We have 3 staterooms on this cruise....and a total of 7 people. How do I join the fish extender group.....and so far, how many people do we have in the group thus far? As the cruise gets closer, I am looking forward to getting some good tips...this is our first cruise, with 3 generations of family and I want to plan one that is most memorable for the family!

Hi billyandjj,
There is a fish extender list a few posts up - we have about 10 cabins so far...
If you would like to join, just let me know. Let me know number of people in each cabin and ages of kids. If you know the cabin numbers you can let me know as well.
We will finalize the list in December and then people know what to bring and how much (possibly with post christmas-sale stuff :)
No other set rules, there are plenty of fish extender threads to read about the process and various things to bring along.
Hope you join along. Have a great weekend!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!