January 5, 2013 Fantasy Cruise to the Western Caribbean

If no one has any objections, I will have DD18 set up a facebook page for us. I will wait another week or so to get more feedback from our group and then will give her the go ahead! I just want to make sure we are all in agreeance before I give her the green light! ;)

Shannon

If no one has any objections, I will have DD18 set up a facebook page for us. I will wait another week or so to get more feedback from our group and then will give her the go ahead! I just want to make sure we are all in agreeance before I give her the green light! ;)

Shannon

I'm for it... :thumbsup2

Shannon

I use Facebook at times but have a few questions about using it for the cruise group communications.
Will it replace most of our communicating through the Dis Boards?
How secure will it be from just anyone outside of the cruise people jumping in on our exchanges?
Lastly, as the cruise gets closer more people who are on the cruise will be joining in on this thread to talk. How will they become aware of the Facebook account? :confused3

Chris

Good morning everyone!!

Today is the Fantasy's maiden voyage......YAY!!:woohoo:
i am so excited for her first group of passengers (not half as excited as they are, I'm sure :lmao:)

I have read on other meets, that they have used faccebook and LOVED it. In fact, the group that is setting sail today has a facebook page. They continue to chat on the DIS board, but use facebook for more in depth and personal topics. They set up security measures to ensure that only their group was allowed in and/or could see what was being discussed. I know absolutely nothing about how to set this up, but facebook is my DD18's life and she claims it can be done quite easily. But, it's 100% up to the group. I am more than happy with the way things are, I just thought it would be a way for the group to get to know each other easier and feel more secure about what they post. Especially the tweens and teens. ;) I know that every other group that has used facebook has loved it....but it has never been used on any of the DCL cruises we have taken, so it would be something new to us as well.

I will be watching the port web cam today to see our ship leave.....wishing it was us!!! :rolleyes:

Shannon

Has anyone thought about starting a facebook page for our group? I know other groups have done this with overwhelming interest and success. It makes the group more accessible and personable.

If anyone is interested... let me know and I can have DD18 set one up. We can have a security component to it as well, to ensure only members of our group are on. It may help to get the tweens and teens talking as well ;)!!

Let me know!

Shannon

We are good with the facebook idea.:surfweb:

Good morning everyone!!

Today is the Fantasy's maiden voyage......YAY!!:woohoo:
i am so excited for her first group of passengers (not half as excited as they are, I'm sure :lmao:)

I have read on other meets, that they have used faccebook and LOVED it. In fact, the group that is setting sail today has a facebook page. They continue to chat on the DIS board, but use facebook for more in depth and personal topics. They set up security measures to ensure that only their group was allowed in and/or could see what was being discussed. I know absolutely nothing about how to set this up, but facebook is my DD18's life and she claims it can be done quite easily. But, it's 100% up to the group. I am more than happy with the way things are, I just thought it would be a way for the group to get to know each other easier and feel more secure about what they post. Especially the tweens and teens. ;) I know that every other group that has used facebook has loved it....but it has never been used on any of the DCL cruises we have taken, so it would be something new to us as well.

I will be watching the port web cam today to see our ship leave.....wishing it was us!!! :rolleyes:

Shannon

Thank you Shannon for the info. Lynn and I are a go for using facebook. The last two days we have been looking at our watches or clocks and saying the people on the Fantasy should be doing such-a-such thing at this time. We have the RCCL New England & Canada cruise coming up in October but the Fantasy cruise can't come soon enough.

Chris

Hi everyone!

We have been doing the same thing Chris! We watched the Fantasy take off yesterday via the web cam (and I must admit, we welled up a little at the sight ;)) And all day today, we have been saying the same thing..... they should be here, they should be doing this, etc....the whole timing wishing it was us haha

I will have DD18 Morgan set up a facebook book page for us soon and have her let everyone know the details as soon as its up and ready to go..... the name, security code, etc...

Shannon

Hi Everyone!
Well i Made a Facebook as you may already know from ShannonR ;)
And im here to give out the Security Code and Group name :D

The Group is Called " *Disney Fantasy Cruise* January 5th - January 12th* "
The security "Email" code is " DisneyFantasy2013@groups.facebook.com "

And dont worry ONLY I can accept people going into the group so i will no if they are REALLY from our group or not!! :D

And if you cant find the group you can alwasy find me and ask me to add you in myself :)
My Facebook name is Morgan JoEllen Gonzalez and if you cant find me threw my name you can put in my email "morganreeves57@yahoo.com" :)

This is a reworked version of the cruise design. I wanted to keep the original artwork because I really liked. Our Graphics Department just rearranged the words and added a little bit. I have the .svg version that I can email if this is what everyone wants to use.

majordodd.jpg

Hello everyone, subscribing.

Anyway, we are booked for this cruise (1st cruise ever). Anyway, would appreciate everyones thoughts (esp veteran DCL cruisers) about what Excursions are worth doing on the West Carr. itinerary. Keep in mind we are 3 generations (6 people) ranging in age from 4 to 82. Beach/swimming , historical/sightseeing tours are definitely in .. speedboats and scuba diving are out !! LOL ..

Looking forward to reading the thread. Very excited.

Hi Everyone!

And dont worry ONLY I can accept people going into the group so i will no if they are REALLY from our group or not!! :D

And if you cant find the group you can alwasy find me and ask me to add you in myself :)
My Facebook name is Morgan JoEllen Gonzalez and if you cant find me threw my name you can put in my email "morganreeves57@yahoo.com" :)

Thank you Morgan. We'll give it a try. If any problem I'll let you know.
By the way, Lynn and I lived in Beeville, Texas for two years while I was stationed at Chase Naval Air Field at Beeville. Loved it there, and in Texas in general.
Chris

Opps! I just read back a few posts and realized I already said that. Oh well.
Chris

Hi Everyone,

My family and I are booked on this cruise as well :cool1:. This will be the fourth cruise for my DW and I and the first cruise for the kids:banana:. We're going to spend a few days at the parks first then off to the cruise. Can't wait for January to come around. Only 271 days and change to go. :woohoo:

Hi Everyone,

My family and I are booked on this cruise as well :cool1:. This will be the fourth cruise for my DW and I and the first cruise for the kids:banana:. We're going to spend a few days at the parks first then off to the cruise. Can't wait for January to come around. Only 271 days and change to go. :woohoo:

Welcome from the other side of the boarder. :wave2:
Were your other cruises with DCL? Not to wish the Summer away this early but we can't wait for the January cruise either. We, Chris and wife Lynn, just did the Dream for the second time in March. That's when we decided to book another Fantasy cruise for Dec. of 2013. :yay: Did not want to wait for the January cruise to book that Dec. cruise. Hope to see you on the boards again. :goodvibes

Chris

We just returned from our first Disney cruise on the Dream yesterday ... loved it so much that we booked the Fantasy cruise while we were on board.:yay:

I (Laura) will be traveling with my husband, Robb ... our son, Garrett who will be 12 when we sail, and our daughter, Kate, who will be 9 when we sail.

We are traveling with our friend and her daughter, too.

Can't wait!

We just returned from our first Disney cruise on the Dream yesterday ... loved it so much that we booked the Fantasy cruise while we were on board.:yay:

I (Laura) will be traveling with my husband, Robb ... our son, Garrett who will be 12 when we sail, and our daughter, Kate, who will be 9 when we sail.

We are traveling with our friend and her daughter, too.

Can't wait!

Welcome Aboard! :thumbsup2

I was born and raised in Raleigh so I know Fuquay Varina very well. An AM DJ in the '60s used to do funny bits about it.

Hello everyone, subscribing.

Anyway, we are booked for this cruise (1st cruise ever). Anyway, would appreciate everyones thoughts (esp veteran DCL cruisers) about what Excursions are worth doing on the West Carr. itinerary. Keep in mind we are 3 generations (6 people) ranging in age from 4 to 82. Beach/swimming , historical/sightseeing tours are definitely in .. speedboats and scuba diving are out !! LOL ..

Looking forward to reading the thread. Very excited.

I missed your post until just now. :worship: Welcome. :thumbsup2
This will be our 10th cruise with DCL. We have been on Wonder, Majic, and Dream. Of these cruises we have done the Western Carribean 4 times, but they never included Costa Maya. There is a lot to introduce you all to in terms of excursions at each port, and let's not forget the DCL service and ship opportunities. One suggestion is to read cruise trip reports to get a flavor of how people experienced their cruise. You will read of good and bad experiences, but always remember that everyone is different and their expectations are different, thus their opinions will vary. DCL ships are family orientated ship experiences, just like any Disney themed vacation spot. There are soooooo many activities aboard ship for all age groups. There are also soooooooooo many excursion opportunities at the ports of call, including the Disney island Castaway Cay. More on that stuff in later postings to help you along. I'm sure others on this cruise will also pass on info. And if we can't help answer questions, remember you can always get answers just by calling DCL. They have been most helpfull the few times we used them.
So again, :welcome:

Chris

Hi Everyone!

Hello Morgan,

I gave this a try on facebook without any results. :sad2: Can you give us step-by-step instructions on how to obtain the group on Facebook? :teacher: I tried different combos of the group name you provided, no luck. Maybe it's just me. :confused3 :eek:

Chris

This is a reworked version of the cruise design. I wanted to keep the original artwork because I really liked. Our Graphics Department just rearranged the words and added a little bit. I have the .svg version that I can email if this is what everyone wants to use.

majordodd.jpg

Lynn and I like the re-work. :thumbsup2 We still would go for two shirts. Thank you Coach Rick and Brackjr for this. Let us know when we have a consensus and can order. If there should be a change of mind to go with different colors that's fine with us also.

Chris

Hi all, my parents (Colorado Springs, CO), grandma (Sun City Center, FL), and two cousins (Orange, MA) (11 and 15) and I will also be on this cruise. I am new to disboards but not new to anything Disney or Disney Cruises. This will be the 6th Disney cruise for my parents and I, our third ship, we haven't been on the Dream yet. Both my grandma and I have birthdays on either side of Christmas so we are thinking about celebrating the birthdays together on the cruise. We are going to have dinner at T-Rex in DTD the night before the cruise with my Uncle and his family, gotta love those cotton-candy martinis and onion rings. We are also staying concierge on this cruise, it will be our first time as concierge, it is a surprise for my grandma and two cousins. We are going to try to "bend the truth" as to why they will be in the concierge waiting area of the terminal with us and the check in area also. I am playing a "game" with my cousins having them guess a specific room number each, every week until the cruise.

On the Magic and Wonder deck 3 aft, the elevators, staircases, and restrooms are all clearly marked as part of the hallway on the floor plans. But when you look at the floor plans for the Dream and Fantasy the staircases, elevators, and restrooms all look like they are in Animator's Palate. Is there a little hallway that isn't marked on the floor plans?

Also in Royal Court, Animator's Palate, and Enchanted Garden, what are the table sizes? I have heard that they seat only 4 or 8 people. That doesn't make sense to me since on the Magic and Wonder they have had tables that seat 6.

Also there are those little balcony level boxes in the Walt Disney Theatre, does anybody know if you have to reserve those or is it on a first come first serve basis? And is it true that they scan your kttwc as you enter the theatre?

And one more question for now. Since all 6 of us come from 3 different states we are flying in early and spending the night at the Hyatt at MCO. We are doing the ground transfer from MCO to the terminal. It has been a couple of years since we have gone out of Canaveral. We decided to do the Alaskan last summer for my college graduation and I understand that the terminal check in times have changed to help crowding issues in the terminal. Do we still leave the luggage in the room and they will pick it up for us?

Sorry my post is so long but as we get closer to the cruise all of these questions are popping up.

Welcome from the other side of the boarder. :wave2:
Were your other cruises with DCL? Not to wish the Summer away this early but we can't wait for the January cruise either. We, Chris and wife Lynn, just did the Dream for the second time in March. That's when we decided to book another Fantasy cruise for Dec. of 2013. :yay: Did not want to wait for the January cruise to book that Dec. cruise. Hope to see you on the boards again. :goodvibes

Chris

Thanks for the welcome. Our other cruises were with other lines and this will be a first DCL cruise for all of us. :cool1:

This will definetly be our nicest cruise as we went all out and booked a veranda cabin. This kids are going to lose their minds.

Cheers

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter