• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

January 5, 2013 Fantasy Cruise to the Western Caribbean

Hi All,

I'm planning our Jan. 5th cruise and can't wait!! I have been planning on going on the new Disney Fantasy ever since I heard about it! :banana:

I'm new to posting. What does DH, DW, DS, DD refer to? Does it mean Disney (family member)? Such as Disney Husband, Disney Son?:confused3

I'll be traveling with my husband and 16 year old daughter. It would be great if my daughter could "chat" with other kids going and have someone she would know when we got on board.

We've gone on two other Disney cruises and loved every minute of it!! I'll be counting down the days!!

Hi All,

I'm planning our Jan. 5th cruise and can't wait!! I have been planning on going on the new Disney Fantasy ever since I heard about it! :banana:

I'm new to posting. What does DH, DW, DS, DD refer to? Does it mean Disney (family member)? Such as Disney Husband, Disney Son?:confused3

I'll be traveling with my husband and 16 year old daughter. It would be great if my daughter could "chat" with other kids going and have someone she would know when we got on board.

We've gone on two other Disney cruises and loved every minute of it!! I'll be counting down the days!!

Welcome mwillow4, and you have the abbreviations (DH, etc.) correct. As for your 16 year old daughter getting to know teens ahead of time, she could start her own thread, or just post here and hope other kids will pick up on it. Most kids like to have their own thread so they can be themselves and stay in better and easier contact with each other.

Chris

Hi Guys its me again! :hippie:

Ive been reading back on all the posts and there are A LOT of people Me and my husbands age on this cruise! :)

NEVER on any of the other threads from the other cruises i have been on have there been this many people in my age group! So THANK GOODNESS there are FINALLY people to talk to for me and my husband! Hahaha :worship:

Well it would be GREAT if anyone could message me and me and my husband could start talking to you or your kids! That would be awesome! :thumbsup2

Hi Guys its me again! :hippie:

Ive been reading back on all the posts and there are A LOT of people Me and my husbands age on this cruise! :)

NEVER on any of the other threads from the other cruises i have been on have there been this many people in my age group! So THANK GOODNESS there are FINALLY people to talk to for me and my husband! Hahaha :worship:

Well it would be GREAT if anyone could message me and me and my husband could start talking to you or your kids! That would be awesome! :thumbsup2

Good morning everyone!

This will be our 4th Disney cruise, and my kids have always enjoyed chatting with other kids their age.....they end up hanging out on the ship and its great! With a couple of kids, the correspondence continued long after the cruise had ended haha

I will have two 19 year olds and one 16 year old on this cruise so if anyone's teenage kids would like to chat with them, I think it would fun for all of them!;)

We have been on one Spring Break cruise and two Christmas cruises :santa:....we participated in DIS group activities on the first two and did not on our last cruise in 2010. DDMorgan missed joining in on the fun, so I am all for joining any festivity and/or activity we decide to do as a group. I plan to spend ALL my time with DGS Jordan :angel: and want him to have as much fun as possible!!

Does anyone have any ideas about different things we can do? On our 2nd cruise, our 1st Christmas cruise.....we did SO MANY DIS activities, it exhausted and burned us out hence the "not participate" on cruise #3. I think 2 or 3 activities would be great and DDMorgan :lovestruc would love to help organize anything anybody might have in mind. She is great at that kind of thing and does a top notch job!! ;)

Shannon

Good morning everyone!

Does anyone have any ideas about different things we can do? On our 2nd cruise, our 1st Christmas cruise.....we did SO MANY DIS activities, it exhausted and burned us out hence the "not participate" on cruise #3. I think 2 or 3 activities would be great and DDMorgan :lovestruc would love to help organize anything anybody might have in mind. She is great at that kind of thing and does a top notch job!! ;)

Shannon

I prefer one big meet where we take a group photo and then maybe some small gatherings over coffee where we can get to know people better. :surfweb:

Howdy Ya’ll. Patrick here, joining in from Austin Texas. Quick Shoutout to my neighbor to the south.... Morgan! Joining me on the cruise will be my partner of 15 years, Ted, and our two good friends from New York, Brett and Mike. We’re all in our late 40’s, big burly lumberjack types with no kids. This will be our third Disney Cruise. Along with everyone else, we can’t wait to sail on the Fantasy. We’ll be in cabin #9508, located very close to.....James and Krystyn and their wedding party:banana:...Congra’s guys:banana:!!!!! What could be better than a Disney Wedding :hug:aboard a Disney cruise? Can’t wait to read more about the details as they develope. C ya all in 324 day!!!

Hi again everyone!

For some reason, I haven't been getting any email notifications of new messages which I thought was strange. That's why I haven't been as active on this board. :sad2:

Chris, I'm from Valley Stream, on Long Island. I see you asked me that over 2 months ago. :eek: And I'm sure my daughter Sophia will love DCL so much that I'll probably be booking DCL #2 while on the ship.

Glad to see so many people on the Board. Congratulations James and Krystyna on your upcoming wedding. DH and I got married on our Carnival cruise back in 2007. It was wonderful.

I'm hoping Sophia will love the Oceaneers Club and not be clinging to my leg 24/7. And also hoping my mom will not feel like the 3rd wheel when/if Sophia does love the Oceaneers Club. I have no doubt we'll all be fine... this is Disney for crying out loud!!! :mickeyjum

Ok, I guess I should do some work now. BOOOOOOOOO :surfweb: Have a great rest of the day everyone!

Tina

Brack! Looks like we are going to be on the same ship again! :cool1: We booked onboard last week- so here we go again! Good to "see" a familiar face!

Hi again everyone!

For some reason, I haven't been getting any email notifications of new messages which I thought was strange. That's why I haven't been as active on this board. :sad2:

Chris, I'm from Valley Stream, on Long Island. I see you asked me that over 2 months ago. :eek: And I'm sure my daughter Sophia will love DCL so much that I'll probably be booking DCL #2 while on the ship.

Glad to see so many people on the Board. Congratulations James and Krystyna on your upcoming wedding. DH and I got married on our Carnival cruise back in 2007. It was wonderful.

I'm hoping Sophia will love the Oceaneers Club and not be clinging to my leg 24/7. And also hoping my mom will not feel like the 3rd wheel when/if Sophia does love the Oceaneers Club. I have no doubt we'll all be fine... this is Disney for crying out loud!!! :mickeyjum

Ok, I guess I should do some work now. BOOOOOOOOO :surfweb: Have a great rest of the day everyone!

Tina

Hello Tina,
For this cruise still being aways I just lurk for now to see what's up. I have been mostly posting with the March 2012 cruise because it's around the corner. In fact, Lynn and I will be at the port a day early for that cruise and we will make it a point to see the Fantasy set sail.
I don't remember why I asked where you all are from. Maybe just curious because it was not mentioned. Valley Stream is where we lived for a year when I was a young boy. My father had accepted a FAA position at JFK. I went to Andrew Jackson High School for that year. It's a small world. HMMMM. Where have I heard that before? :confused3
If any questions about the cruise arise do not hesitate to ask.

Chris

Hi all!

My partner and I just booked our first DCL and will be sailing with everyone here next January. We have cruised before on Carnival and just recently finished a cruise on Princess. We are looking forward to this cruise and meeting a lot of interesting people.

Frank

Hi everyone

We just booked this past week. My name is Dawn and I will be traveling with DH, my DD8 and DS5. This will be our 4th cruise, but first on DCL. We are also a seasoned WDW family. We are really excited about combing our love of cruising with Disney. Can't wait to get to know everyone.

We are from Ontario Canada.

Hi all!

My partner and I just booked our first DCL and will be sailing with everyone here next January. We have cruised before on Carnival and just recently finished a cruise on Princess. We are looking forward to this cruise and meeting a lot of interesting people.

Frank

Welcome Aboard! :thumbsup2

We are looking forward to a great time around the Cove Cafe. :coffee:

Hello Coach (Ret.),
I thought I had replied earler but I do not see it here. :confused3
Where abouts in Rhode Island are you? I was born in Woonsocket. When growing up my brother and I spent summers in Woonsocket and North Smithfield visiting the grandparents.

Hahaha, that's too funny...I live it Woonsocket. I grew up in Bristol, but have been here for 25 years now.

Don't know why I didn't see this post before... BTW, I got to see the Fantasy in NY. Being a travel agent has its perks. :thumbsup2 I already picked out my spot for the days at sea!

Hi everyone!! I was beginning to wonder if everyone had disappeared haha;)

I have seen some pretty creative cruise logos on different threads and i am always amazed at how creative people can be......unfortunately, i am not one of them!:sad1: I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!

How is everyone's winter going? It's only 36 degrees here and extremely windy!!!:cold:

Shannon

I have some thoughts on a logo. Besides being a travel agent, I also own an apparel printing company. I did one for a previous cruise. I got lime green tshirts and did up a design...

I will work on one, and put it on one of my websites so you can all take a look at it...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter