January 5, 2013 Fantasy Cruise to the Western Caribbean

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Meets' started by brackjr, Nov 1, 2011.

1. brackjr

brackjr AKA: brack (stopped at 20,000 posts)

Surprised that no one has started this thread before now. :confused3 Sorry for a lame name but maybe we can change it later.

This cruise is a celebration of my DW's 59th birthday which will have taken place on January 1st. :bday: It will be our 12th DCL cruise.

Looking forward to meeting those riding along! :woohoo:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. brackjr

I have been on the DISBoards for many years although it looks like I am new. :surfweb: My first account was "retired" after I made 20,000 posts.

We have sailed many times with our DISFriends and love talking about it here and on Facebook. :thumbsup2

4. IrishCowboy

IrishCowboy DIS Veteran<br><a href="http://www.disboards.com/s

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list :thumbsup2

Have a great cruise!

5. momof2minnies

momof2minnies DIS Veteran

Hi there we will be crusing with you. There are 8 of us maybe 9 by then-:)

We will have been on all the ships by then since my DD and I are going on the Dream in April 12.

Can't wait

Linda

6. brackjr

This cruise will mean that we have been on all four ships as well. We have been on the Magic for 9 cruises, the Wonder for one (to Alaska) and we go on the Dream in February. :banana:

Looking forward to meeting you! :thumbsup2

7. Morsel (Chris/Lynn)

Morsel (Chris/Lynn) Mouseketeer

Ok people. You can stop lurking and start chatting now. It is past that unlucking "13" number in months. My wife and I will join that club of being on all 4 ships with this cruise. :banana: First we hve to get past our second Dream cruise this coming March and our New England cruise with RCCL in October, 1012. Can't wait to get back from the latter for the warm weather cruise. :worship:

Chris

8. brackjr

:confused3 I must have missed that memo somewhere. :lmao: For our 2006 cruise we had a couple of dozen people on here talking about the cruise about 18 months before it happened. :surfweb: We even took over the chat room each week. Several of those people are still close friends who we have sailed with again. :grouphug:

So two things:

Welcome aboard Morsel! Looking forward to knowing more about you and your family.

If there are some lurking ..... Come On Out! :banana: Join the party!

9. brackjr

Maybe what I need to do is post once a day here until we have more newcomers! :wizard:

10. BabyBun

BabyBun Earning My Ears

Just booked this cruise while we were onboard the Magic last week! It will be me, DH, and DD who will be 17 at the time of the cruise.

We're so excited to sail on the Fantasy!

11. brackjr

Welcome Aboard! :thumbsup2

Looking forward to hearing more about you and your family. :surfweb: We'll add a few more activitites soon like FE lists and maybe a graphic or two. First I need to get through Christmas! :santa:

12. momof2minnies

Hi everybody!!!!!!!!! So happy to see more people from the Dis will be on the ship!!!!!

This is a xmas surprise and I can barely keep it together without spilling the beans.

Linda

13. shecup

shecup Earning My Ears

Guilty as charged... for lurking! :rolleyes1

Tina here... Sailing with my DH, DD (who will be celebrating her 4th birthday), and Mom so far. We're "well seasoned" cruisers (this will be DD 4th cruise) but afraid to admit this will be our very FIRST Disney cruise!!!!! :banana:

I've been reading EVERYTHING and excited more so then my family since they don't even know we're booked yet (well only Mom). Santa is going to be really good to them this year. And I think they may have even made the naughty list once or twice. Hmmmmm

Anyways, I look forward to getting through the next year and then finally meeting all of you.

14. Morsel (Chris/Lynn)

:
    Welcome Tina. If you mean this will also be your daughter's first Disney cruise, then your daughter will love DCL.

15. momof2minnies

Hi everybody-HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!!! Well we pulled off the surprise with the scavenger hunt and there were lots of tears-my parents are so excited.My kids had an idea something was going on but they are still excited.My DDs will be 21 and 18 when we sail and they just love it.

376 days to go if I counted right. Dad wants to make the chain of rings like we always do to do the countdown.

Linda

16. Morsel (Chris/Lynn)

Where are you from Tina? :confused3

Chris

17. Morsel (Chris/Lynn)

Hello Linda,
    How did you do the scavenger hunt, as in clues, etc.? Sounds like it was a lot of fun.

Chris

18. momof2minnies

Hi Chris-It was my 2 DDs and my parents.I had 3 items that reminded us of our trip with each having a clue to the next location.

I had everything in small gift bags- the first clue went something like I am used to get you clean with lots of bubbles and suds to scrub a dub dub- the first item was a glass fish ornament like the real fish we have seen in Grand Caymen and it was in the tub!!!

The next one we had hanging on a door knob and it was H2O spa lotion like on the cruise I found in a shop in CT.Clue related to door knob and they found it quick

The next one was in the fridge and it had our room numbers listed.

The reveal was a wrapped package with the itinerary printed out in Disney font with ribbons etc...

We had lots of tears-my DDs suspected something but my parents were completely surprised.My DH filmed it all and I watched it last night-it was great.

Linda

19. Tigger2u

Tigger2u Earning My Ears

A year seems like a long time but will be worth the wait I'm sure.This will be our second cruise (we sailed on the Magic in 2006).I am Jeff and will be joined by my DW (Ellen)DD (Emily 20)and DS (Jeffrey 25).Looking forward to following this thread through out the next year and getting to know as many of you as I can.

20. tesser21

tesser21 Earning My Ears

Any other college students going on this cruise? As my DD posted above I am Emily and am going to be 20, can't wait!

21. Morsel (Chris/Lynn)

Good Morning Linda,
    Sounds like a lot of fun. We went through a similar approach when we decided to take our two grandboys to WDW. Christmas was a clue to making a reservation. February birthdays for the boys brought them clues as to making resort reservations. We had to work with them on that so they would not break the bank on staying somewhere too lavish. :lmao: Then as the year went on we worked with them to select the food plan plus they made the ressies for Rain Forest and T-Rex. It's a lot of fun working it out in this type of manner, which you also have found out.
    Chris