January 2016 Discount Code Watch

We got $791 off our Wilderness Lodge booking with the "Family Vacation Savings" (7 nights, 2 adults, 1 child, 1 infant with 8 day hoppers). :cool1:

That's a solid deal.

We are staying at wilderness lodge from 1-9-16 to 1-14-16 and I have been told that since our current room is booked as a standard room we are not eligible for and of the discounts. Which is strange because we already have the dinning plan and park hopper (Thought maybe something would apply)... Anyone thinks this sounds off?

Switched our previous 5nights at AoA LM with 6hoppers 2A 2C to All Star Sports with QSDP for $222more

Disappointed to missing out on AoA :( but happy try onsite for the 1st time :)

That's a solid deal.

We are staying at wilderness lodge from 1-9-16 to 1-14-16 and I have been told that since our current room is booked as a standard room we are not eligible for and of the discounts. Which is strange because we already have the dinning plan and park hopper (Thought maybe something would apply)... Anyone thinks this sounds off?

If there are no standard rooms available on the deal that would be an accurate statement. However they could look at upgrading your room or switching resorts and you could still save money or pay about the same and get a better room.

I was told deluxe rooms at Wilderness Lodge were not included. It seems like the offers include less every time. We stayed in a club level deluxe room at BC last year during the same 11 days and received a 30% discount. I am not thrilled about paying a rack rate. $10,010.88 for 10 nights with base tickets for me and my DD is bordering on insanity. Time will tell how crazy I am-LOL. The most we have spent before was about $22,000.00 BUT that was for all 4 of us during Easter and for a club level 2 bedroom at AKL.

ETA I just looked up last year's trip. $6150 for the deluxe club level room at BC so it is a BIG difference. I don't know that this is worth it.

Last edited:

I was told deluxe rooms at Wilderness Lodge were not included. It seems like the offers include less every time. We stayed in a club level deluxe room at BC last year during the same 11 days and received a 30% discount. I am not thrilled about paying a rack rate. $10,010.88 for 10 nights with base tickets for me and my DD is bordering on insanity. Time will tell how crazy I am-LOL. The most we have spent before was about $22,000.00 BUT that was for all 4 of us during Easter and for a club level 2 bedroom at AKL.

ETA I just looked up last year's trip. $6150 for the deluxe club level room at BC so it is a BIG difference. I don't know that this is worth it.
Have you had a chance to go online and search under the room only offer? I just did a quick search, WL online booking is still wonky, maybe it will be up soon. But, I was able to see room only discounts for BWI deluxe rooms. (I just quick selected a few days in early Feb. 2016 as a test.)

We originally were booked in a preferred room at Port Orleans Riverside, but by switching to Caribbean Beach Standard room we were able to save $940 using S/P/D. Not a bad way to start a week.

I know it isn't as nice/convenient as POR Preferred (which wasn't available for the deal), but for $940 I will gladly make the sacrifice. Plus, we were in POR last time, so the kids will be excited to see a different resort.

It was nice to be able to make the change online too, so I didn't have to spend an hour on the phone.

We are staying 6 nights (2 adults and 3 kids age 11, 7, and 7).

If there are no standard rooms available on the deal that would be an accurate statement. However they could look at upgrading your room or switching resorts and you could still save money or pay about the same and get a better room.

They did offer an upgrade for a woods view, and after the discount was applied it only $17 more for the trip. The view out of our window isn't really all that important to me. Very interesting on how the whole thing works out.

Is there a 1800 number to call from Canada ? Every time I call i rack up a crazy long distance bill , and my travel agent had no idea about the promo coming out...I'm having to explain way too much it's getting annoying. much rather talk to a CM.
Thanks .
If your travel agent booked it, they would need to call. Disney wont talk to you about your reservation if you used a travel agent to book it. That's why I decided to book it myself this year.

Have you had a chance to go online and search under the room only offer? I just did a quick search, WL online booking is still wonky, maybe it will be up soon. But, I was able to see room only discounts for BWI deluxe rooms. (I just quick selected a few days in early Feb. 2016 as a test.)

I did and nothing showed up for either BC or WL. I asked about BWI on the phone and was told only the 1 bedroom villa was available. I think Disney is doing whatever they can to avoid applying the discount to trips that were already booked.

I did and nothing showed up for either BC or WL. I asked about BWI on the phone and was told only the 1 bedroom villa was available. I think Disney is doing whatever they can to avoid applying the discount to trips that were already booked.
Disney can be frustrating. If you have the time, keep an eye online now and then. Things pop up. I've booked that way.
Some of the phone CM's really know what's what. Others???? It's like they are on their first day of work. EEK. :laughing:

That's a solid deal.

The CM is right that there weren't any standard rooms available for the discount, but the way they said it sounds strange. We had a woods view room at WL for 1/9 to 1/13. When I called for the Disney Visa discount, there were only bunk bed rooms and club level available for the discount. There weren't any standard or rooms that didn't have bunk beds. I ended up taking the club level since it was only a little more than full price for the woods view. But I am going to keep checking for discounts, like bounce back or AP, and hope something for a regular woods view or courtyard view opens up.

But I just checked the Orbitz website and they do have standard view rooms available for our trip dates. And they are really cheap. Use the discount code packyourbags to get and extra 15%. We used Orbitz for our BC trip last April and it worked out well. You do have to pay in full with Orbitz, though.

The CM is right that there weren't any standard rooms available for the discount, but the way they said it sounds strange. We had a woods view room at WL for 1/9 to 1/13. When I called for the Disney Visa discount, there were only bunk bed rooms and club level available for the discount. There weren't any standard or rooms that didn't have bunk beds. I ended up taking the club level since it was only a little more than full price for the woods view. But I am going to keep checking for discounts, like bounce back or AP, and hope something for a regular woods view or courtyard view opens up.

But I just checked the Orbitz website and they do have standard view rooms available for our trip dates. And they are really cheap. Use the discount code packyourbags to get and extra 15%. We used Orbitz for our BC trip last April and it worked out well. You do have to pay in full with Orbitz, though.

And it isn't really 15% off. I Called them about that. It is up to a max of $150. So really, just $150 off. :(

And it isn't really 15% off. I Called them about that. It is up to a max of $150. So really, just $150 off. :(
I noticed. ;) When I ran the discount to see how it compared to what I was paying through Disney, I noticed that it was not 15%. It was like 10% off the discounted price rather than 15% off rack rate, or something like that.

I'm glad to see people saving so much money.....I have seen people say they saved 800+, 900+ dollars etc. I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong? I was pricing out deals for pop century 6 nights for two people and the saving was only about $150 from a non discounted package. Is that because the deal wasnt as good for pop or something?

Edit : tried both spd and room only discounts

Is that because the deal wasnt as good for pop or something?

I crunched some numbers and I calculated a 4-8% discount off retail for two adults at Pop Century... So compared to the others, it wasn't very high.

I'm glad to see people saving so much money.....I have seen people say they saved 800+, 900+ dollars etc. I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong? I was pricing out deals for pop century 6 nights for two people and the saving was only about $150 from a non discounted package. Is that because the deal wasnt as good for pop or something?

Discounts were not good this year in general....especially compared to the past few previous years.

We have a 9 night stay with preferred room, and 9 day park hoppers for 2 people, plus the regular dining plan. Only saved us $326.07. I know in the past I have saved over $500 before on an 8 night stay

We have a 9 night stay with preferred room, and 9 day park hoppers for 2 people, plus the regular dining plan. Only saved us $326.07. I know in the past I have saved over $500 before on an 8 night stay

Yeah I was thinking the same....I think I've been spoiled with the free dining I've got the past few times haha

The people saving that much money are usually staying at a deluxe resort. If your room is $400 a night and you can get a 25% discount on it, then you are saving $100 per night, which is $800 on 8 nights.

If your resort is only $100 a night and you have a 15% discount, then you are only going to save $15 a night or $120 for 8 nights.

Mine wasn't that much either... would have saved $300 on a SPD 7 night stay at POR, but it meant we had to switch away from POFQ to take advantage. If I stay at POFQ, I have to upgrade to a pool view room to get the room rate discount, and it would only save me $60 for the entire week's stay. Seems like the Deluxes get the bigger discounts, but that makes sense, since they are paying more to begin with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter