January 2016 Discount Code Watch

Hey, was booked at BWI for 4 nights after our cruise, just changed online to get discount at BWI , saved$500. Room only , we didn't want the dining
So happy, really didn't want to change resorts, and I am in Australia and it is 7.31pm Now, so easy.
I was worried I was going to have to call, which would have cost me a fortune, If I got put on hold.

Just booked the room only discount with no issues. The savings this year for us was very minimal, but honestly I'm not complaining. I'm happy online booking went smoothly. When free dining was released the last few times it crashed the website more than once so I'll take it :mickeybarGood luck to everyone this morning!!

Last edited:
We are booked at Coronado and then AoA, before that we are on cruise like you (dream). Really looking forward to the holiday after planning it for over a year.

Not super excited about what I booked but it was over MLK weekend. I wanted psd/standard room at Movies or Music but that wasn't available at either resort.
Here's my breakdown - two people at Sports/Playstaydine from 1/16-1/20, 8 day tickets with park hoppers, upgraded to regular dining plan - $1,716. If we paid rack rate and full price for the dining plan it was going to be around $1,850. I'm saving a little bit over paying oop for food and we can eat what we want and then some for 4 days.

We are switching over to a standard room at POFQ on 1/20. I booked on orbitz about 2 weeks ago - four days for $705 using a promo code. The standard view is not available for the room only discount booking through disney so I am sticking with what I have.

On a side note - I checked the price on orbitz last night for the exact same hotel/dates/promotion etc. and the price went up. I checked back this morning and it's back down to what I paid originally.

well good news is that FQ is available on some of the discounts so I called and it was over a 2 hour wait. UGH So I went online and changed it online. So glad we got FQ for our stay. Its our favorite mod. Originally it wasn't available under the SPD discount with our Disney visa. Does anyone else hate when discounts come out for the visa and then others come out for general public?

Yeah I was so happy that the online booking was so easy. Helped temper the fact that savings weren't very great. But any little bit helps eh? Now have to call and cancel old reservation but that can wait another day.

Yeah I was so happy that the online booking was so easy. Helped temper the fact that savings weren't very great. But any little bit helps eh? Now have to call and cancel old reservation but that can wait another day.
I also have to call and cancel our original ressie. But am waiting for it all to calm down

Booked this morning with the discount - Jan 3-14. Will hope for a better discount when the AP rates come out, but needed to book something since I am running the Dopey.

Just got off the phone (45 minutes on hold) but got the room discount for the BWI. Saved $896, which is about $1200 Canadian right now, so I'm thrilled.

Thanks to everyone on these boards for helping me to know when the discounts were available! Love the DISBoards.

I luckily got through right at 7:00am with no wait. Happy to have that over with. Now I just need to plan our FP+ and then I can sit back and wait for January to come!

i'm officially driving myself crazy...decided to go with orbitz and oop and cancelled what i just booked with disney. all of that anticipation for nothing!

Booked CSR business level....we have never stayed at CSR before usually it's POFQ, WL, or Poly. Thinking of changing if AP discounts come out with more choices than were available this am!

Anyone have experience with CRS Business level??? Wondering about lounge offerings and proximity to pool and bus.

i'm officially driving myself crazy...decided to go with orbitz and oop and cancelled what i just booked with disney. all of that anticipation for nothing!

I'm now considering this too for the first time. It's crazy but Orbitz stacking a 15% off deal may be better than Stay Play Dine since the savings are so low this year. In past years for our family it wasn't even close - SPD would win hands down.

Midnight comes and midnight goes. No discounts :sad1::sad2::sad:

I even tried to create a package online to see if they were live but not on the special offers page yet. Well...hopefully sometime overnight right??

Last year the discounts didn't go live online until 7:00 am Florida time.... I know because I tried several times

The funny (pathetic?) part is we had already booked our SPD on Thursday with Disney Visa. I just wanted to be excited for everybody else LOL!

Is there a 1800 number to call from Canada ? Every time I call i rack up a crazy long distance bill , and my travel agent had no idea about the promo coming out...I'm having to explain way too much it's getting annoying. much rather talk to a CM.
Thanks .

for me, a big advantage to booking through disney is not having to pay everything up front (plus, disney visa points). i was considering orbitz/cheaptickets too, but honestly i'd still be willing to pay a little more to disney to not pay the entire cost at once. i did end up going with disney for a room-only for this trip, but it was close. (and disney had POFQ standard room available, which i couldn't find at the others at the time).

Successfully booked our stay at POR from 1/3-1/8! Saved about $500 with SPD, and upgraded to Deluxe because we love to eat. Anyone know if FL resident discounts are available yet? Some in-state friends are meeting us for just two nights of our stay.

Is there a 1800 number to call from Canada ? Every time I call i rack up a crazy long distance bill , and my travel agent had no idea about the promo coming out...I'm having to explain way too much it's getting annoying. much rather talk to a CM.
Thanks .
No there isn't :( I was able do it all online though

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter