January 2016 Discount Code Watch

Was able to change my booking online to SPD - 8 nights at CBR - 4 people (3 adult, 1 child) saved $801.86 which is over $1000 Canadian so I'm happy :)

The funny (pathetic?) part is we had already booked our SPD on Thursday with Disney Visa. I just wanted to be excited for everybody else LOL!

:rofl: Me too! I hopped on my Disney FB group this morning to see if everybody managed to get good discounts! :) I did well last week and I just want all my Disney buddies to score too!

i've been obsessively crunching numbers for over a week now. I booked spd/sports this morning and i was thinking it was about $5.00 more than if i booked with orbitz/undercover/oop, but then I realized I had accounted for table service tip and tax in the oop scenario and I would have to add that on to the spd price - so spd will really end up costing me more. PLUS... I am not into sports at all. I booked movies through orbitz and feel much better :flower1:

Was able to change my booking online to SPD - 8 nights at CBR - 4 people (3 adult, 1 child) saved $801.86 which is over $1000 Canadian so I'm happy :)
One more question for Ya, did you get a standard room ? For the pirate room , 2 adults 2 kids SDP is totalling 3200 jan 7-12 3 day pass only. Does that sound right? Something doesn't seem to be adding up..

wanted Pop Century, wasn't available for my dates (1/5 - 1/13) so wound up at All Star Sports. Upgraded to regular dining plan, added park hoppers and memory maker (they upped the advance price by $25!) and still kept it all under 3300. Without PSD would've been closer to 3700, 3800.

Had two phones going this morning (calling two different Disney numbers). First line was an an hr wait, second 7 min wait. Saved $538 - AOA 8 nights, 7 day tickets, 2 Adults, 3 children with upgraded dining package. I'm happy with it. I believe it was better last year but $500 is still a chunk of change!!

Last edited:
I was so excited to be able to see the discount today. But so sad that it turned out to only be about $500. Flight prices have gone up since I last checked so it's looking like I will be looking for a cheaper vacation elsewhere or wait till Free Dining comes out for Sept.

I called at 7 this morning, had no wait and was able to upgrade us from POP to CSR. After our cruise on the Dream we will be doing 5 nights (1/11-1/16) at CSR standard view, 5 day base ticket and DDP was $2,461 (2 adults) . I'm happy to hear a lot of you were able to get through with a minimal wait!

I saved $522 this morning for AKL queen room with bunks, probably could've saved more but the kids are dead set on the bunks.

We got PSD for 5 (2 adults, 3 children) for 4 nights at CBR with 9 day tickets and we're saving $365 over the regular price. I'm happy with that it isn't amazing but it is decent. I would have saved $80 with the room only discount, but I would have had to get tickets and dining and it would have ended up being more then doing the PSD. My husband had maybe a 3 minute wait on the phone when he called. I'm happy with my savings.

We did check going with AoA instead but it would have been over $650 more, so we'll stick with CBR.

Is there a 1800 number to call from Canada ? Every time I call i rack up a crazy long distance bill , and my travel agent had no idea about the promo coming out...I'm having to explain way too much it's getting annoying. much rather talk to a CM.
Thanks .

No. I do online too, but if you have to call ... I use one of those "dollar long distance" numbers. Google for those. No point spending $$$ on calls when you're trying to save money. :rolleyes:

... Or find a TA that specializes in Disney only.

Called this morning and only held for 11 minutes. That was the main victory of the call however.

For our family of four, previously booked at POFQ we had two major options:
1. upgrade from garden to pool view room at POFQ, take room rate discount, and save a whopping $60 over a week long vacation, or
2. switch to POR and upgrade to a river view room and save $322 by adding a dining plan.

Trouble is, I don't think I am going to take either offer.

We aren't much for sit down dinners, and although we can use the table service at a quick service, I feel like we usually eat cheap and have more freedom paying as we go. Plus, I really don't want to switch out of POFQ.

I just feel like the freedom of choosing as we go, and spending our money as we see fit (not making my daughter choose off the kids menu only), not always having to take dessert, but instead using our money on the desserts and snacks we want, and not giving up our preferred resort is worth the $300 more.

Am I crazy for not taking the deal? I feel like I am missing out on what you guys are celebrating!

We got $791 off our Wilderness Lodge booking with the "Family Vacation Savings" (7 nights, 2 adults, 1 child, 1 infant with 8 day hoppers). :cool1:

Called this morning and only held for 11 minutes. That was the main victory of the call however.

For our family of four, previously booked at POFQ we had two major options:
1. upgrade from garden to pool view room at POFQ, take room rate discount, and save a whopping $60 over a week long vacation, or
2. switch to POR and upgrade to a river view room and save $322 by adding a dining plan.

Trouble is, I don't think I am going to take either offer.

We aren't much for sit down dinners, and although we can use the table service at a quick service, I feel like we usually eat cheap and have more freedom paying as we go. Plus, I really don't want to switch out of POFQ.

I just feel like the freedom of choosing as we go, and spending our money as we see fit (not making my daughter choose off the kids menu only), not always having to take dessert, but instead using our money on the desserts and snacks we want, and not giving up our preferred resort is worth the $300 more.

Am I crazy for not taking the deal? I feel like I am missing out on what you guys are celebrating!
I can see why you'd select POFQ and OOP dining. POFQ is a lovely resort, and having lots of options when dining is a plus. :goodvibes

Okay, am I crazy but I was just online comparing prices for the first of January and suddenly nothing is available.... all they all gone or is the website being wonky?

Okay, am I crazy but I was just online comparing prices for the first of January and suddenly nothing is available.... all they all gone or is the website being wonky?
I noticed a lot of rooms no longer available this morning as well. It has to be a glitch.

It seems like the whole website is down right now. I was hoping to price a few things out during lunch and nothing is working.

I keep seeing this error message: "We are unable to show rates at this time. Please try again or check back later."

ETA: This is for ALL resorts and reservations, not just for the discounts. Maybe the website has crashed? LOL - wouldn't be the first time for Disney.

It's likely it's wonky. That's how it usually is with Disney IT and the first day of a new offer.

I noticed a lot of rooms no longer available this morning as well. It has to be a glitch.

Nothing is coming up for anything and I know it didn't sell out this fast. The system must be overloaded. I guess I'll take a break to work on less exciting things... hahaha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter