January 2013 Discounts

Wasn't even considering a trip in January but Frontier just opened non-stop flights from my hometown for $79 one way :woohoo: BUT we have to book in the next week. I have to see a good deal quick or DH will never go for it! :lmao:

Just wondering if you know what they charge for parking at the Columbia/Jeff City airport??? We live in KC and don't mind the drive over for THAT price. Thanks for the heads up!!! :goodvibes

Just wondering if you know what they charge for parking at the Columbia/Jeff City airport??? We live in KC and don't mind the drive over for THAT price. Thanks for the heads up!!! :goodvibes

Nothing! :thumbsup2 At least not yet but they are going to have to raise some money somehow to update the airport to add Frontier. It's such a good price, I wish we could find a way to take advantage of it. They are working on Highway 63 to add an overpass there, there's a detour that means going just a little south to Angel Lane.

I called today as well...very helpful guy. He seemed to assure me that there would be something for January; particularly the week between New Years and Marathon. He didn't give specifics but he was relatively clear about the eventual announcement of some promotion in January 2013.:thumbsup2

:thumbsup2Sounds promising! Hopefully!

We are going Jan 4-14. The rates on our reservation show higher for the Marathon weekend.

I thought they would be, hopefully some type of discount comes out for the other days?

We got a room only ressie for CBR last year for Marathon weekend Friday and Saturday and Free Dining started Sunday with us checking back in!

That's awesome that you could take advantage of that! We come before Marathon Weekend, but leave right after and I think that's when they'll offer the FD again~oh well. :)

We did not go last year, but we had a RO discount for marathon weekend in 2011. I want to say it was 35% Disney Visa discount at a moderate (we stayed at CBR) but I know it was for all levels. Typically the Visa/AP discount is just a little more than general public and about the same as FL resident. We have AP, Visa and live in FL so I pay attention to all of them:).
We are booked at Poly for Thursday through Monday of marathon weekend with an AAA discount right now and hoping for a little more %off. Going no matter what since I am running;).
The price was just a little more than the surrounding days.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

That was a good discount that you got in 2011! I hope you can find a good discount for this year! I have to say, we are fortunate~ for the Marathon Weekend, my family is staying at the Poly with a group discount that we get through the organization we are fundraising for with the Marathon Weekend events. It's a good discount.
DD and I went a few days ahead of everyone last year and we're looking to do the same this year. She really wants to stay at either AoA or POR in the Royal Rooms. I can only justify not using the group discount at the Poly if we can get a good RO discount. Fingers crossed for everyone!

Nothing! :thumbsup2 At least not yet but they are going to have to raise some money somehow to update the airport to add Frontier. It's such a good price, I wish we could find a way to take advantage of it. They are working on Highway 63 to add an overpass there, there's a detour that means going just a little south to Angel Lane.

Wow, that's great. We've never even thought about going to Columbia to catch a flight, I can't believe the price. Thanks for the info!!! :)

What's the be our guest dinner. We go usually the week of the 21 in January & there's been free dining the last 2 years but who knows now.

Our son and son-in-law are running in the Marathon on the 13th. And She Who Must Be Obeyed wants me to go as well, to be there just in case anything goes wrong - not uncommom when those two do stuff together. So we've booked two rooms at French Quarter for Thursday, Jan. 13 through Monday, Jan. 14. The only room only discount available right now is AAA, which helps some. Clementine, the agent who helped with the booking, said that there are usually other discounts available, one of which should be offered this Fall for Marathon participants as well as a general public room discount. Also, we are going to WDW in December so I'm hoping for a bounceback offer.

Subscribing to this thread.

Our son and son-in-law are running in the Marathon on the 13th. And She Who Must Be Obeyed wants me to go as well, to be there just in case anything goes wrong - not uncommom when those two do stuff together. So we've booked two rooms at French Quarter for Thursday, Jan. 13 through Monday, Jan. 14. The only room only discount available right now is AAA, which helps some. Clementine, the agent who helped with the booking, said that there are usually other discounts available, one of which should be offered this Fall for Marathon participants as well as a general public room discount. Also, we are going to WDW in December so I'm hoping for a bounceback offer.

Just curious as to what the AAA discount is on a moderate room if you don't mind me asking?

Don't mind at all. The AAA discounts vary throughout the year. It was 5% for this timeperiod. Not really very much at all ; I did the deal to reserve the rooms with hopes that something better comes along between now and then.

Don't mind at all. The AAA discounts vary throughout the year. It was 5% for this timeperiod. Not really very much at all ; I did the deal to reserve the rooms with hopes that something better comes along between now and then.

Ok thanks. Expected more from AAA but at least that would pay some of the taxes on the room! Hoping to stay at Riverside end of Jan but hoping for a discount too. I assume "She Who Must Be Obeyed" is your SIL's mom LOL?

briananddeb said:

The bouncback offer will "probably" be for free dining for next Aug/Sept because that is the one that just came out, although it could always change. Last year, I think there was a room only discount but can't remember. Have you thought about renting DVC points? We rented a studio at AKV for the week after the marathon and it is cheaper than a moderate!

Wow, that's great. We've never even thought about going to Columbia to catch a flight, I can't believe the price. Thanks for the info!!! :)

OMGOSH!!!! I live in St. James, MO. and never even realized there was a Columbia airport, we always use St. Louis! I snagged our tickets this morning for Feb. 2013 for 79$ each way!!!! :cool1: Pretty excited that it's close AND a straight flight! Thanks for the info, I can always count on the DIS! :goodvibes

Twoboysnmygirl said:
OMGOSH!!!! I live in St. James, MO. and never even realized there was a Columbia airport, we always use St. Louis! I snagged our tickets this morning for Feb. 2013 for 79$ each way!!!! :cool1: Pretty excited that it's close AND a straight flight! Thanks for the info, I can always count on the DIS! :goodvibes

We're a little south if STL and checked flights but they didn't have any our dayto fly out. Tuesday's or Saturday's. We need to be there Friday For the 1/2 on Saturday. :(

I know....We're used to people coming from Columbia, Des Moines, Omaha and Lincoln to catch a flight out of KCI since it's usually so much more expensive to fly out of the smaller towns. I'm amazed, and THANKFUL to undertheseas for the heads up!!! :flower3:

What's the be our guest dinner. We go usually the week of the 21 in January & there's been free dining the last 2 years but who knows now.

Be Our Guest is the new restaurant in Fantasyland in the MK. It's designed after the Beast's castle in Beauty and the Beast. ADRs for BoG just opened yesterday so it was quite a frenzy! I believe ADRs are available starting Nov 19 (I may be off on that). We're going the week of Jan 21 as well so I was focsued on a ressie for Jan 22 and was able to get one yesterday. Hopeing for FD that week again this year!

As an FY-, BoG is counter service for lunch and TS for dinner.

loveshak22 said:
Be Our Guest is the new restaurant in Fantasyland in the MK. It's designed after the Beast's castle in Beauty and the Beast. ADRs for BoG just opened yesterday so it was quite a frenzy! I believe ADRs are available starting Nov 19 (I may be off on that). We're going the week of Jan 21 as well so I was focsued on a ressie for Jan 22 and was able to get one yesterday. Hopeing for FD that week again this year!

As an FY-, BoG is counter service for lunch and TS for dinner.

Omg!!!! How could I miss that!!! I better get on that!!! My 5yo daughter will love it, not to mention my 7 yo who will act like he don't but be mesmerized the whole time. Lol

Omg!!!! How could I miss that!!! I better get on that!!! My 5yo daughter will love it, not to mention my 7 yo who will act like he don't but be mesmerized the whole time. Lol

I think it's going to be awesome and I bet both of them will be pretty mesmerized! From reading the blogs and Disboards it seems that most people rushing to make ADRs yesterday were for Nov/Dec. Hopefully you have no issue getting one the week of Jan 21 :goodvibes

Here's a few links to look at: http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/be-our-guest-restaurant/

http://disboards.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=45898447

I know....We're used to people coming from Columbia, Des Moines, Omaha and Lincoln to catch a flight out of KCI since it's usually so much more expensive to fly out of the smaller towns. I'm amazed, and THANKFUL to undertheseas for the heads up!!! :flower3:

Oh you're so welcome! I'm glad someone can use it :goodvibes We almost never fly from Columbia because it's almost always higher and never a straight flight, I'm so glad to have this option even if it's only 2 days a week. I would have killed for that rate back in June!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter