January 2013 Discounts

Call me anal I guess; we can afford to go without a special offer or discount. But I refuse to do so. Especially knowing a lot of people receive pin codes but I've never got one and also because i know they will release a special offer. Granted it may not be January but if it's not then i won't go in January. Yes I'm stubborn.

ANAL:lmao:

prune1977 said:
Call me anal I guess; we can afford to go without a special offer or discount. But I refuse to do so. Especially knowing a lot of people receive pin codes but I've never got one and also because i know they will release a special offer. Granted it may not be January but if it's not then i won't go in January. Yes I'm stubborn.

Haha! Anal-yes, smart-YES! I go value season because it's cheaper ( same vacation we would have any other month, less crowds, less money, DUH)! I'm ok with paying value prices, and we're going the week we picked discount or not ( because of the marathon), but I haven't booked anything except 2 ADR's. I just can't book until I se what, if any, discounts are coming. But if there aren't any, we're still going. but we'll eat alot better with free dining!!! :)

Hah, I have a heart attack when I look at any rates other thank Value 1! I can't deal with anything else! I could technically afford it during other times but yeah, I just refuse. And even then, well, I want it to be discounted!! :)

Add me to the "impatiently waiting" group. Seems like it is so much harder to plan this Jan/Feb trip than any of the May trips we have taken. sigh :confused3

Wasn't even considering a trip in January but Frontier just opened non-stop flights from my hometown for $79 one way :woohoo: BUT we have to book in the next week. I have to see a good deal quick or DH will never go for it! :lmao:

Going to throw some hope in.. and say I have a feeling we'll find out this week! I hope, I hope! Anxiously waiting so we could make our trip plans.. for a late honeymoon! :lovestruc

Hi everyone.

I just spent 25 min's on the phone with reservations, The girl that I had was so wonderful, but I did not catch her name, I discussed at great length with her what I needed, during the conversation she stated " normally we have some promotions for January, but nothing out yet with any promotion... we still have FD going on till the end of Sept" she said it like 3 times, with inflection on end of Sept. After talking about.. What I would need...is FD.. she suggested that I book what I want, then assured me that the promotion would be out by the time I would have to pay the package off. And explained what I would need to to be able to get free dinning, as far as if the resort I choose was not avaliable for FD offer. Moving deposits and such. and suggested that I make ADR's.

So she sorta left me with the feeling that it is looking like the end of sept. before we might see any action on January promotions or was she just trying to get me to book, she was not pushing me to book so who knows???

pixiedust: for all of us waiting for FD or RO promotions. pixiedust:

We're waiting for a RO discount for the week between New Year's and the Marathon Weekend. Last year they did offer FD like a couple of pps mentioned but they also had a RO discount, because we booked BWI with it. We need RO because we can use our Marathon Weekend discounted sports tickets, so FD won't do us any good.
Waiting, waiting, waiting! :yay:

I called today as well...very helpful guy. He seemed to assure me that there would be something for January; particularly the week between New Years and Marathon. He didn't give specifics but he was relatively clear about the eventual announcement of some promotion in January 2013.:thumbsup2

I called today as well...very helpful guy. He seemed to assure me that there would be something for January; particularly the week between New Years and Marathon. He didn't give specifics but he was relatively clear about the eventual announcement of some promotion in January 2013.:thumbsup2

That's great news! I'm praying for Free Dining at least available on Jan 10 for our check in! Did he say about when to look for it? August? September?

I'm not sure when the marathons are exactly but I think they're mid-January?? We are going late January so hope there's some promo then. It's typically a slow time of year...

Marathon Weekend 2013 is January 11-13. Typically there are no room only disounts for those days and prices tend to spike for "special events".
Not sure about free dining when it starts, etc. but I do know that in the last two years we've gone, some people had free dining while we were there. We weren't able to use it so I didn't pay attention, but I know for sure there was something around that time.

Marathon Weekend 2013 is January 11-13. Typically there are no room only disounts for those days and prices tend to spike for "special events".
Not sure about free dining when it starts, etc. but I do know that in the last two years we've gone, some people had free dining while we were there. We weren't able to use it so I didn't pay attention, but I know for sure there was something around that time.

We got a room only ressie for CBR last year for Marathon weekend Friday and Saturday and Free Dining started Sunday with us checking back in!

That's great news! I'm praying for Free Dining at least available on Jan 10 for our check in! Did he say about when to look for it? August? September?

No. They've all been pretty consistent about not indicating when promos are being released. I actually think they (the CMs) don't know - I was skeptical but now I actually believe they don't know until the last minute. I did mention to him that last year at this time the January discounts were out. He told me that they do it differently every year (no actual pattern for release dates). However, he said that the actual promo pattern (not release schedule) is usually consistent from year to year and that's why he was hinting that it would happen again.

minniebeth said:

We did not go last year, but we had a RO discount for marathon weekend in 2011. I want to say it was 35% Disney Visa discount at a moderate (we stayed at CBR) but I know it was for all levels. Typically the Visa/AP discount is just a little more than general public and about the same as FL resident. We have AP, Visa and live in FL so I pay attention to all of them:).
We are booked at Poly for Thursday through Monday of marathon weekend with an AAA discount right now and hoping for a little more %off. Going no matter what since I am running;).
The price was just a little more than the surrounding days.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

No. They've all been pretty consistent about not indicating when promos are being released. I actually think they (the CMs) don't know - I was skeptical but now I actually believe they don't know until the last minute. I did mention to him that last year at this time the January discounts were out. He told me that they do it differently every year (no actual pattern for release dates). However, he said that the actual promo pattern (not release schedule) is usually consistent from year to year and that's why he was hinting that it would happen again.

Ahhhh...gotcha! :) Sure hope FD comes out soon...especially since I booked the Be Our Guest dinner today!! Eeek!!:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter