• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

It's time to eat again?! Deluxe dining reviews and pics 9/08 COMPLETE w/ $ breakdowns

Love the reviews of Coral Reef and Citricos....waiting patiently for the rest.
thanks for reading!

Ooooooo.... I was so excited when I saw up updated your review. Citricos looks fabulous. I can't wait to try it.

Sorry about the Coral Reef incident. I would have been upset too. That's a memory you can't get back.

My prayers are with you and your family during the loss of your granddaddy.
thanks so much. citrico's is a must try!

So glad to hear great things about Citricos. We'll be trying it for the first time in October!:goodvibes
I am sure you will love it!

Late joining in. Catching up. Reviewes and pics are great.
thanks for reading!

:goodvibes Isn't it nice to get a really great server? They can totally make you want to come back to a place, and to bring your friends and family! If I ever eat at Citrico's, I'm totally requesting Danny. I like people who are flexible and accommmodating and who don't say "No" when asked if they can substitute something for you.

Can't wait to read more; you're making me drool! :tongue: (closest I could find!)

love the food reviews so much I do believe I am heading over to read your trip reports!!

:goodvibes Isn't it nice to get a really great server? They can totally make you want to come back to a place, and to bring your friends and family! If I ever eat at Citrico's, I'm totally requesting Danny. I like people who are flexible and accommmodating and who don't say "No" when asked if they can substitute something for you.

Can't wait to read more; you're making me drool! :tongue: (closest I could find!)
ITA. a server can make or break the experience for you! he was so great baout substituting the appetizer for me!

love the food reviews so much I do believe I am heading over to read your trip reports!!
please do! I really enjoy writing them and put a lot into it!

Sorry to hear about your grandfather. Great reviews though. Servers really can add so much to an experience at a restaurant. Looking forward to more!

September 14th, 2008
Dinner: Citricos
DDP: 2 TS credits each

Ok, the long awaited Citricos review, 1 of 2. haha.
Originally, we were not going to eat here. I think we were supposed to eat at the Grand Floridian Cafe maybe? anyway, We were walking around the GF one night and passed by it and they have the menu posted out front so we decided to take a look. Bobby really wanted to try it so I said ok,a nd we made a reservation for 5:30. (they open at 5:30) we got there at 5:25 and were asked to take a seat. they have a very nice little waiting area with tables and chairs. after about 4-5 minutes, we were seated. We were lucky enough to get seated by a nice window. I really like the theming of this restaurant. it is fun but elegant at the same time.

227.jpg

226.jpg

228.jpg

This is when we were introduced to Danny. He is fabulous! I told him how picky of an eater I was, and we told him we were celebrating ouranniversary. He brought us Mickey straws!
230.jpg

229.jpg

we both got sprite, and ordered our appetizers. I told him I didn't like anything on the menu for appetizers, but I saw on the kids menu there was some cheese (I love cheese. not fancy cheese, just regular cheddar cheese) and he said it was not a problem. Bobby ordered the Sauteed shrimp appetizer

231.jpg

so I thouht I was going to get this puny kids appetier, but he had them fix me an adult sized cheese plate. I was so happy! and I love grapes, and crackers, so it was perfect for me.

for entrees, I got the Filet Jardiniere which is just an oak grilled stak, and bobby got the bone-in ribeye. all this time, Danny kept coming and checking on us and making smalltalk. When he found out I was a teacher, he went nuts and said how much he loves and respects teachers. He was just a great server. He cracked jokes with us, asked what we had been doing in disney, etc. etc.

232.jpg

233.jpg

we both loved our food. the steak was great and so were the mashed potatoes. bobby loved his as well and ate every bite. He kept saying how we couldn't believe we had never been here before and how we had to come back.

for dessert I got the Warm Chocolate Banana Torte with ice cream and bobby got the Tiramisu. my dessert was pretty good, not my FAVORITE but still really good. Bobby loved his.

235.jpg

234.jpg

of course I had to play with my chocolate
236.jpg

so anyway, we just loved this place. we told danny we were coming back in two days and asked if he would be working. he said yes, ad he said if we couldn't get a reservation to call and ask to speak to him and he would get us one. I also told him we were coming back in May with my parents (which we are)
anyway, this place gets 5 smily face stars.

sprite $2.29
sprite: $2.29
shrimp: $14.00
cheese: $8.00 (he put it as salad on the receipt)
steak: $41.00
ribeye: $45.00
banana dessert: $8.00
tiramisu: $8.00
Total: 128.58
total with tax: $136.94

Citricos is such an amzing place to eat. We ate there in December on Joe's (The Concierge at the RPC) reccomendation and now we are hooked and eating there again in May :cheer2:
I personally had the Truffled Potato Soup as an app , the Filet Jardiniere as my main course and the Tiramisu as my dessert. Everything was sooo good , I may get the exact same meal in May :rotfl:

Love your reports , thanks for taking the time to write them. I hope your family is getting through this difficult time as best as they can :grouphug:

great reviews, especially Citricos.
we cant wait to eat there for our anniversary in May :goodvibes

Hi Heather! Great food updates, just looking at the pictures makes me hungry. I def. need to talk my DH into either Citricos or Narcossees. I have a question. Do you recommend going in September? My DH and I are planning a trip for September and I wasn't sure if it was a good time to go or if we should move it to October. If you wouldn't mind, could you let me know how you liked it there in Sept? Thanks!!!

I'm a nurse and I am so pleased tohear that he had hospice care. I think it's absolutely a fabulous way to provide comforting care to a loved one at the end of their days. It always makes me happy to know that the family and patient had some closure with palliative/hospice care.

My heart is with you. Take care.:grouphug:

PS I will now try Citrico's thanks to that review!

I'm really enjoying your reviews. You look to be having a great time.
thanks, we did!

Hi Heather! Great food updates, just looking at the pictures makes me hungry. I def. need to talk my DH into either Citricos or Narcossees. I have a question. Do you recommend going in September? My DH and I are planning a trip for September and I wasn't sure if it was a good time to go or if we should move it to October. If you wouldn't mind, could you let me know how you liked it there in Sept? Thanks!!!
Id efinately reccommend september! it was a little hot on some days, but the parks were EMPTY most of the time. it was fabulous!

So sorry to hear about your Grandfather, take care.

Also, I am so sorry to hear about your grandfather.
thank you :)

I'm a nurse and I am so pleased tohear that he had hospice care. I think it's absolutely a fabulous way to provide comforting care to a loved one at the end of their days. It always makes me happy to know that the family and patient had some closure with palliative/hospice care.

My heart is with you. Take care.:grouphug:

PS I will now try Citrico's thanks to that review!
thank you. it was a relief to his wife, b/c she works nights and sleeps during the day and she was happy to have someone take care of him.

glad you are trying citricos!

Major thanks for the head's up on Citrico's! I've got a tough decision, deciding where I want to eat on my birthday. I don't think I can go wrong with either Citrico's or Narcoosee's.

Hope you feel better soon, Heather. Something's going around these MS schools and hospitals right now. My whole family has been sick. Yuck.

I really am sorry to hear about your grandfather. :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter