It's time to eat again?! Deluxe dining reviews and pics 9/08 COMPLETE w/ $ breakdowns

I have enjoyed all of your reviews. I just have one question for you. If you had to choose between Yak & Yeti or Citricos, which would you choose?

I have enjoyed all of your reviews. I just have one question for you. If you had to choose between Yak & Yeti or Citricos, which would you choose?

oh citricos definately! but they are two totally different, and differently priced restaurants.

oh citricos definately! but they are two totally different, and differently priced restaurants.
Thanks for your opinion. I have to choose between having dinner at Ak at Yak & Yeti or back at the resort for dinner at Citricos. We plan to do EMH at MK on the same night after dinner.

Thanks for your opinion. I have to choose between having dinner at Ak at Yak & Yeti or back at the resort for dinner at Citricos. We plan to do EMH at MK on the same night after dinner.

then I would def. do citricos for the proximity to the MK! request Danny as your server. he is great!

go for Citricos if you are going to MK... it's a monorail ride away...

up next is Brown Derby (then the next day includes citricos for those waiting haha)

I will try and get BD up tonight :laundy:

September 13, 2008
Dinner: the Brown Derby
DDP: 2 TS credits each

honestly, I don't know why i picked this place. ate here in 2003 when it was still a 1TS restaurant, and it was just ok. Guess I just wanted to give it another chance? I don't really know! anyway, we won't be going back hre for awhile if ever. our ADr was for like 8 something. when we got there, we waited about ten minutes and while we were just getting there, most people around us were finishing desserts. we were seated right when you walk in at a 2 person table. not the best location but I was tired and hungry so I didn't complain.

181.jpg

we both ordered sprite I believe. and for appetizer Bobby got the crab cake and I got the lobster bisque, which of course bobby ate. they gave us good bread and I had a lot of that if I recall.

182.jpg

183.jpg

bobby like the crab cake ok from what I rememebr as well as the soup. nothing spectacular but good enough.

service was slow. our server was very nice but SLOW and hard tot rack down. I guess b/c it was the end of the night and everyone was wanting their bill? By time we got our entrees there were like 5 tables of people left, which made em feel really bad.

we both ordered the NY strik steak
184.jpg

we felt the same way about the steak as bobby did about the appetizers. just a regular steak, nothing special.

so we ordered desser. by this time, there is ONE other table there. I felt really bad. this guy then walks in who also had our server and said he cant find his phone and is looking all around his table, so we decided to help. then I came up witht he bright idea to call the phone so we could hear it. bobby calls it and his wife answered. she had it all along. well we attempted to do our good deed for the day.

so dessert. I got the flourless choc. cake and bobby got the cheesecake.
]

mine was good but TOO sweet, i could barely eat half of it. bobby's cheesecake was just cheesecake. by this time, we are ready to go, and are trying to track down our waiter. this meal took FOREVER> forever for the food to come, forever for the server, FOREVER! it was after 10:00 and the park was closed by time we got out. I did not liek being teh last oens there. Made me feel funny and rushed.
anyway, we probbaly wont go back. it gets :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 and 1/2

188.jpg

sprites: $4.78
crab cake: $11.00
soup: $8.00
steak x's 2: $33.00 and $33.00
cake: $8.00
cheesecake: $9.00
TOTAL: $106.78
Total with tax: $113.72

Too bad about BD, I liked the meals that I have had there. But it has been awhile. And it is expensive, I don't like to be the last ones in a restaurant, it does feel funny, I feel like I am rushed to finish.

BTW cute picture in your signature.

up next is Brown Derby (then the next day includes citricos for those waiting haha)

I will try and get BD up tonight :laundy:

:rolleyes1 + Citrico's. Gotta make ADRs in 10 days!

Sorry about Brown Derby. It's been a couple of years since we've been, but I swear, at the time, it was the best meal I'd ever had in any of the parks. Bummer.

Too bad about BD, I liked the meals that I have had there. But it has been awhile. And it is expensive, I don't like to be the last ones in a restaurant, it does feel funny, I feel like I am rushed to finish.

BTW cute picture in your signature.
thanks! that pic was taken over marathon weekend!

maybe you ordered something different adn really liked it?

:rolleyes1 + Citrico's. Gotta make ADRs in 10 days!

Sorry about Brown Derby. It's been a couple of years since we've been, but I swear, at the time, it was the best meal I'd ever had in any of the parks. Bummer.
i will say what I always say. don't soley base something on one of my reviews. I am a very picky eater, and your experience may be differnt than mine.
but, for someone paying OOP I defiantely think this place is pricey.

I will have it up in ten days!

September 13, 2008
Dinner: the Brown Derby
DDP: 2 TS credits each

honestly, I don't know why i picked this place. ate here in 2003 when it was still a 1TS restaurant, and it was just ok. Guess I just wanted to give it another chance? I don't really know! anyway, we won't be going back hre for awhile if ever. our ADr was for like 8 something. when we got there, we waited about ten minutes and while we were just getting there, most people around us were finishing desserts. we were seated right when you walk in at a 2 person table. not the best location but I was tired and hungry so I didn't complain.

181.jpg

we both ordered sprite I believe. and for appetizer Bobby got the crab cake and I got the lobster bisque, which of course bobby ate. they gave us good bread and I had a lot of that if I recall.

182.jpg

183.jpg

bobby like the crab cake ok from what I rememebr as well as the soup. nothing spectacular but good enough.

service was slow. our server was very nice but SLOW and hard tot rack down. I guess b/c it was the end of the night and everyone was wanting their bill? By time we got our entrees there were like 5 tables of people left, which made em feel really bad.

we both ordered the NY strik steak
184.jpg

we felt the same way about the steak as bobby did about the appetizers. just a regular steak, nothing special.

so we ordered desser. by this time, there is ONE other table there. I felt really bad. this guy then walks in who also had our server and said he cant find his phone and is looking all around his table, so we decided to help. then I came up witht he bright idea to call the phone so we could hear it. bobby calls it and his wife answered. she had it all along. well we attempted to do our good deed for the day.

so dessert. I got the flourless choc. cake and bobby got the cheesecake.

185.jpg

186.jpg

mine was good but TOO sweet, i could barely eat half of it. bobby's cheesecake was just cheesecake. by this time, we are ready to go, and are trying to track down our waiter. this meal took FOREVER> forever for the food to come, forever for the server, FOREVER! it was after 10:00 and the park was closed by time we got out. I did not liek being teh last oens there. Made me feel funny and rushed.
anyway, we probbaly wont go back. it gets :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 and 1/2

188.jpg

189.jpg

sprites: $4.78
crab cake: $11.00
soup: $8.00
steak x's 2: $33.00 and $33.00
cake: $8.00
cheesecake: $9.00
TOTAL: $106.78
Total with tax: $113.72

I must say that food really does not look very good :crazy2:

One thing about reading WDW food reviews is that people's tastes are all over the map. It's hard to distinguish between something that you just don't like (liver, for instance) and something that you don't like but is properly prepared and delicious to someone who DOES like it (in my case, anything with coconut). So, yeah, all reviews can be really subjective.

Last visit to the Brown Derby, I had grouper, and it was some of the best fish I've ever had, no kidding. But if you don't like seafood, well, it'd be gross. My wife, the pickiest eater that ever drew a breath, is a challenge to please some days. She generally manages, though.

We all have our opinions, and I love hearing other's hits and misses when it comes to Disney dining.

FWIW I think the food at Brown Derby LOOKED great - shame it wasn't that great for you. Hope you had plenty more good meals to make up for it :)

One thing about reading WDW food reviews is that people's tastes are all over the map. It's hard to distinguish between something that you just don't like (liver, for instance) and something that you don't like but is properly prepared and delicious to someone who DOES like it (in my case, anything with coconut). So, yeah, all reviews can be really subjective.

Last visit to the Brown Derby, I had grouper, and it was some of the best fish I've ever had, no kidding. But if you don't like seafood, well, it'd be gross. My wife, the pickiest eater that ever drew a breath, is a challenge to please some days. She generally manages, though.

We all have our opinions, and I love hearing other's hits and misses when it comes to Disney dining.

I totally agree with you here. I like reading all the reviews of Disney dining experiences. When we went in 2007, I saw soooooooooooo many bad reviews of Sci-Fi but showed the picture to my husband and daughter and they both really wanted to try that place, so I made the ADR and it ended up being one of the best meals of our whole trip, second to Coral Reef. Our worst meal was also the most expensive at Cinderella's Royal Table. I don't know that we'll do that one again. Blech.

Your wife must be a distant relative of mine :rotfl: I'm so picky, it just makes my husband crazy. But I must say, I'm getting better as I approach 40 :lmao:

I must say that food really does not look very good :crazy2:
haha I LOVE the smiley you used!

yes, no seafood for me. i understand how poor Teresa feels. you sound like my husband with the coconut

FWIW I think the food at Brown Derby LOOKED great - shame it wasn't that great for you. Hope you had plenty more good meals to make up for it :)
oh plenty, dont worry!

I totally agree with you here. I like reading all the reviews of Disney dining experiences. When we went in 2007, I saw soooooooooooo many bad reviews of Sci-Fi but showed the picture to my husband and daughter and they both really wanted to try that place, so I made the ADR and it ended up being one of the best meals of our whole trip, second to Coral Reef. Our worst meal was also the most expensive at Cinderella's Royal Table. I don't know that we'll do that one again. Blech.

Your wife must be a distant relative of mine :rotfl: I'm so picky, it just makes my husband crazy. But I must say, I'm getting better as I approach 40 :lmao:
we love coral reef, and enhoy sci fi, too!

Hey, neighbor! Funny thing about Sci-Fi ... we probably haven't been there in three years, but we had our daughter Amy and one of her best friends with us, and they split the shrimp entree. I was a little leery, just because I thought it'd be a much too "sophisticated" dish for Sci-Fi to pull off, and darned if it wasn't delicious. I love a good reuben sandwich, and theirs was spot on. So go figure.

The last time I was at the Coral Reef, it was good, but there simply wasn't enough food. Itty-bitty portions, but that wouldn't keep me from going back.

Heather, tell Bobby that he has exquisite tastes. Coconut is the last frontier for me - I detest it so much, I don't even want to see a picture of it. I can honestly say that it is the only food I've ever experienced that I just cannot eat. Some things are better than others - I've never, for instance, ever craved a big ol' bowl of beets - but I can eat them.

My poor wife, though. I've watched her spend agonizing minutes picking onions out of some dish or another. Or mushrooms, or "funny green stuff", etc. You should have seen her try asparagus once. It was something to see.

I shouldn't talk about her when she's not around for rebuttal. :sad2:

Hey, neighbor! Funny thing about Sci-Fi ... we probably haven't been there in three years, but we had our daughter Amy and one of her best friends with us, and they split the shrimp entree. I was a little leery, just because I thought it'd be a much too "sophisticated" dish for Sci-Fi to pull off, and darned if it wasn't delicious. I love a good reuben sandwich, and theirs was spot on. So go figure.

The last time I was at the Coral Reef, it was good, but there simply wasn't enough food. Itty-bitty portions, but that wouldn't keep me from going back.

Heather, tell Bobby that he has exquisite tastes. Coconut is the last frontier for me - I detest it so much, I don't even want to see a picture of it. I can honestly say that it is the only food I've ever experienced that I just cannot eat. Some things are better than others - I've never, for instance, ever craved a big ol' bowl of beets - but I can eat them.

My poor wife, though. I've watched her spend agonizing minutes picking onions out of some dish or another. Or mushrooms, or "funny green stuff", etc. You should have seen her try asparagus once. It was something to see.

I shouldn't talk about her when she's not around for rebuttal. :sad2:

alright, me and teresa need to chat! i hate mushrooms, onions, and funny green stuff!!! YUCK!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter