• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

It's time to eat again?! Deluxe dining reviews and pics 9/08 COMPLETE w/ $ breakdowns

alright, me and teresa need to chat! i hate mushrooms, onions, and funny green stuff!!! YUCK!

Don't get me in trouble with her! :lmao:

That's why, knowing you do so well eating at Narcoosee's and Citrico's, that I feel like I can make ressies there and know she'll do fine.

I love mushrooms, but don't do onions in any shape, form or fashion and I too will spend alot of time picking them out. As for "funny green stuff", it just really depends on how funny we're talking. I'll eat spinach raw, but that's it. I will not eat any sort of cooked greens--collard, mustard, spinach, turnip, you name it. Looks like cooked grass. :scared: I will not eat brussel sprouts either, but love okra, almost any bean & pea and asparagus.

Don't do peanuts either. Just the smell of peanut butter makes me gag. *shivering as I type this*.

I love mushrooms, but don't do onions in any shape, form or fashion and I too will spend alot of time picking them out. As for "funny green stuff", it just really depends on how funny we're talking. I'll eat spinach raw, but that's it. I will not eat any sort of cooked greens--collard, mustard, spinach, turnip, you name it. Looks like cooked grass. :scared: I will not eat brussel sprouts either, but love okra, almost any bean & pea and asparagus.

Don't do peanuts either. Just the smell of peanut butter makes me gag. *shivering as I type this*.

This is probably terribly OT, but isn't it funny how of all the five senses, taste is the most subjective? We all could probably agree if something were "blue" or "red," and that a skunk smells bad. But (nothing personal :angel: ) when someone says that they dislike peanut butter, well, I've got to wonder. I eat it by itself, with a spoon, when I need a fix. I like all greens, but I can see where that might be an issue for some folks.

Daughter Amy doesn't like chocolate. I'm not sure from whose loins she sprang when it comes to that. Nor does she like sweet iced tea. I'm like, "Girl, you're a Southerner. What's up with that?" Next to me, though, she's the most adventurous eater in the family. I watched in amazement on our Disney Wonder cruise as she polished off a pile of escargot ... she loved snails. And turtle soup. You get the idea.

Don't get me in trouble with her! :lmao:

That's why, knowing you do so well eating at Narcoosee's and Citrico's, that I feel like I can make ressies there and know she'll do fine.
oh she will defiantely be fine at either

thats how I am most of the time about eggs and tuna

This is probably terribly OT, but isn't it funny how of all the five senses, taste is the most subjective? We all could probably agree if something were "blue" or "red," and that a skunk smells bad. But (nothing personal :angel: ) when someone says that they dislike peanut butter, well, I've got to wonder. I eat it by itself, with a spoon, when I need a fix. I like all greens, but I can see where that might be an issue for some folks.

Daughter Amy doesn't like chocolate. I'm not sure from whose loins she sprang when it comes to that. Nor does she like sweet iced tea. I'm like, "Girl, you're a Southerner. What's up with that?" Next to me, though, she's the most adventurous eater in the family. I watched in amazement on our Disney Wonder cruise as she polished off a pile of escargot ... she loved snails. And turtle soup. You get the idea.
ok now I don't feel so weird. chocolate and sweet tea are two of my favorite things! my sisters husbamd doesn't eat chocolate and we give him heck all the time.

ok i am about to start my next review. I am trying to get my mind off the fact that my grandfather died about 2 hours ago...he was 89, he had hospice at the hosue so we knew it was coming..but anyway, I don't wan tto think about it, so i will write. coral reef coming up. then citricos.

Sorry to hear about your loss!!!

You did teach me somthing new though - I didn't know that most places had fruit available for dessert. This makes me very happy as I am trying to eat as best as I can and was worried about being on the dining plan with 2 desserts and a snack per day. Guess I will be doing lots of fruit!!:thumbsup2

September 14th 2008
Lunch: Coral Reef
DDP: 1 TS credit each
Bobby loves fish, and to eat, so this place is a must. We love it. (even though this night was misery on our honeymoon, those of you that remember know what i am talking about!) anyway, we went for lunch sicne we were on the deluxe plan and were eating mostly at 2 TS places at night. they still had my steak and teh choc. wave at lunch, so, works for me! we got there and were seated RIGHT by the tank! we were so excited. we have never been up against the tank before. We ordere dour drinks sprite for bobby, coke for me, and something seemed a little funny with Bobby but I didn't say anything. we got the amazing bread t hat we love too. yum yum.

for appetizers bobby got teh lobster soup adn I got the sea and land, and just ate the land part and bobby ate the sea part haha. mine was very good, and from what i recall bobby really liked his soup.

205.jpg

so we order our entrees. i get the steak of course and bobby gets the Mahi Mahi

206.jpg

my steak was fabulous as usual and boby enjoyed his as well.
so about this time, our server comes out and says "someone made you a personalized menu...but we can't find it. so we are goign to give you free champagne" I was confused, then bobby told he he sent all these pics to the lady in carge of it and worked really hard on it. i was really mad/bummed. I love homemade gifts,c ards,etc. and the fact that bobby had, without my help, done something sweet liket hat for me..I would ahve kept it forever. and they LOST it?!? i would much rather that then DUMB champagne! I know its a free thing they do, but come on they could at least do it right! when i made my menu for bobby for our anniversary they couldnt find it at first but then FINALLY ddi after we ordered, and they speleld anniversary wrong! I mean seriously people. this was the 2nd time. He said he tried to get the diver too adn the lady said she didnt know if he was available and she would get back with him and she never did! UG!

ok rant over...for now...

I of course got my chocolate wave for dessert, and bobby got one two. we of course loved them.

208.jpg

209.jpg

btw, the champagne was gross!

so, other than that, this was a great meal. We will be going back! oh, one bad thing about sitting by the window is parents allow their kids to drape themselves all over your table to look at the fish....um..HELLO I am trying to enjoy my food here! very annoying. please don't let you kids do this.

coke: $2.19
sprite: $2.19
land and sea: $11.99
soup: $7.99
steak: $27.99
mahi mahi: $19.99
wave x's 2: $7.99 and $7.99
Total: $101.32
Total with tax: $107.07
:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Sorry to hear about your loss!!!

You did teach me somthing new though - I didn't know that most places had fruit available for dessert. This makes me very happy as I am trying to eat as best as I can and was worried about being on the dining plan with 2 desserts and a snack per day. Guess I will be doing lots of fruit!!:thumbsup2

thank you.

even if you don't see fruit on the menu I would ask anyway! a lot of places will make you some, and sometimes the kids menu ahs it and they will just give you a bigger portion!

Sorry to hear about yor grandpa. That sucks about losing the menu. He is such a sweetie to go to all the trouble. Dinner sounded good though. I hope the champagne was good. Great reviews so far keep them coming.

Heather - I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your grandfather. Hopefully he is resting now.:angel:

I am loving your reviews so far. The pictures are great too! You and your DH are a very good looking couple. I loved your review on WCC. We ate there once for breakfast and had a ball! My girls would love those shakes you had. Keep up the great job!:flower3:

I am so sorry to hear about you grandfather.

It is interesting to hear that they messed up your DH's special surprise for you. We went to Disney World last August for our 1 year wedding anniversary. My friend back home called up the California Grille to let them know it was our anniversary and she ordered a cake for us from the restaurant. A whole cake that would say "Happy Anniversary Pat and Lauren" on it with champagne too.:flower3: She didn't tell me what the surprise was, and being our first time to Disney, I thought the confetti on the table and the dumb chocolate sign with "Happy Anniversary" on it was her surprise. She asked if I got it and of course made fun of her for it being so lame...and then she told me we were suppose to get a whole cake and I was so mad!:mad: She called the California Grille and they thought she ordered it for the following week.:confused3 So...we had a bad experience with a restaurant at Disney screwing up our surprise too. I feel like they should pay more attention to those things...it is suppose to be the happiest place on earth right??

Oh, and we are eating at the Coral Reef in June...our first time and that chocolate wave looks AMAZING! :cool1:

September 14th 2008
Lunch: Coral Reef
DDP: 1 TS credit each
Bobby loves fish, and to eat, so this place is a must. We love it. (even though this night was misery on our honeymoon, those of you that remember know what i am talking about!) anyway, we went for lunch sicne we were on the deluxe plan and were eating mostly at 2 TS places at night. they still had my steak and teh choc. wave at lunch, so, works for me! we got there and were seated RIGHT by the tank! we were so excited. we have never been up against the tank before. We ordere dour drinks sprite for bobby, coke for me, and something seemed a little funny with Bobby but I didn't say anything. we got the amazing bread t hat we love too. yum yum.
204.jpg

for appetizers bobby got teh lobster soup adn I got the sea and land, and just ate the land part and bobby ate the sea part haha. mine was very good, and from what i recall bobby really liked his soup.

205.jpg

so we order our entrees. i get the steak of course and bobby gets the Mahi Mahi

206.jpg

my steak was fabulous as usual and boby enjoyed his as well.
so about this time, our server comes out and says "someone made you a personalized menu...but we can't find it. so we are goign to give you free champagne" I was confused, then bobby told he he sent all these pics to the lady in carge of it and worked really hard on it. i was really mad/bummed. I love homemade gifts,c ards,etc. and the fact that bobby had, without my help, done something sweet liket hat for me..I would ahve kept it forever. and they LOST it?!? i would much rather that then DUMB champagne! I know its a free thing they do, but come on they could at least do it right! when i made my menu for bobby for our anniversary they couldnt find it at first but then FINALLY ddi after we ordered, and they speleld anniversary wrong! I mean seriously people. this was the 2nd time. He said he tried to get the diver too adn the lady said she didnt know if he was available and she would get back with him and she never did! UG!

ok rant over...for now...

I of course got my chocolate wave for dessert, and bobby got one two. we of course loved them.

208.jpg

209.jpg

btw, the champagne was gross!

so, other than that, this was a great meal. We will be going back! oh, one bad thing about sitting by the window is parents allow their kids to drape themselves all over your table to look at the fish....um..HELLO I am trying to enjoy my food here! very annoying. please don't let you kids do this.

coke: $2.19
sprite: $2.19
land and sea: $11.99
soup: $7.99
steak: $27.99
mahi mahi: $19.99
wave x's 2: $7.99 and $7.99
Total: $101.32
Total with tax: $107.07
:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Food looks awesome. We're having lunch at the Coral Reef in May. We usually do dinner , but want to be different and try lunch :stir:

Sorry to hear about yor grandpa. That sucks about losing the menu. He is such a sweetie to go to all the trouble. Dinner sounded good though. I hope the champagne was good. Great reviews so far keep them coming.
the champagne was sadly, horrible!

I have really been enjoying your reviews, but so, so sorry about your grandfather.
thank you

Heather - I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your grandfather. Hopefully he is resting now.:angel:

I am loving your reviews so far. The pictures are great too! You and your DH are a very good looking couple. I loved your review on WCC. We ate there once for breakfast and had a ball! My girls would love those shakes you had. Keep up the great job!:flower3:
thanks. he had congestive heart failure and was 89, his heart just gave out.

the shakes are amazing. Bobby loves strawberry. I think I have vanilla one time to that was good

I am so sorry to hear about you grandfather.

It is interesting to hear that they messed up your DH's special surprise for you. We went to Disney World last August for our 1 year wedding anniversary. My friend back home called up the California Grille to let them know it was our anniversary and she ordered a cake for us from the restaurant. A whole cake that would say "Happy Anniversary Pat and Lauren" on it with champagne too.:flower3: She didn't tell me what the surprise was, and being our first time to Disney, I thought the confetti on the table and the dumb chocolate sign with "Happy Anniversary" on it was her surprise. She asked if I got it and of course made fun of her for it being so lame...and then she told me we were suppose to get a whole cake and I was so mad!:mad: She called the California Grille and they thought she ordered it for the following week.:confused3 So...we had a bad experience with a restaurant at Disney screwing up our surprise too. I feel like they should pay more attention to those things...it is suppose to be the happiest place on earth right??

Oh, and we are eating at the Coral Reef in June...our first time and that chocolate wave looks AMAZING! :cool1:
oh wow. I hope your friend got her money back! I would have been so mad! and yes the choc. wave is so good! save room.

Food looks awesome. We're having lunch at the Coral Reef in May. We usually do dinner , but want to be different and try lunch :stir:
lunch is just as good as dinner! alot of the same foods

Heather, I sure am sorry about your grandfather. My prayers are with y'all.
thanks. we knew it was coming, but still sad. I feel bad for my mom. her mom died 2 months before I was born, and her dad was all she had left, and I think yesterday brought back memories of when her mom died very suddenly.

September 14th, 2008
Dinner: Citricos
DDP: 2 TS credits each

Ok, the long awaited Citricos review, 1 of 2. haha.
Originally, we were not going to eat here. I think we were supposed to eat at the Grand Floridian Cafe maybe? anyway, We were walking around the GF one night and passed by it and they have the menu posted out front so we decided to take a look. Bobby really wanted to try it so I said ok,a nd we made a reservation for 5:30. (they open at 5:30) we got there at 5:25 and were asked to take a seat. they have a very nice little waiting area with tables and chairs. after about 4-5 minutes, we were seated. We were lucky enough to get seated by a nice window. I really like the theming of this restaurant. it is fun but elegant at the same time.

227.jpg

226.jpg

This is when we were introduced to Danny. He is fabulous! I told him how picky of an eater I was, and we told him we were celebrating ouranniversary. He brought us Mickey straws!

we both got sprite, and ordered our appetizers. I told him I didn't like anything on the menu for appetizers, but I saw on the kids menu there was some cheese (I love cheese. not fancy cheese, just regular cheddar cheese) and he said it was not a problem. Bobby ordered the Sauteed shrimp appetizer

231.jpg

so I thouht I was going to get this puny kids appetier, but he had them fix me an adult sized cheese plate. I was so happy! and I love grapes, and crackers, so it was perfect for me.

for entrees, I got the Filet Jardiniere which is just an oak grilled stak, and bobby got the bone-in ribeye. all this time, Danny kept coming and checking on us and making smalltalk. When he found out I was a teacher, he went nuts and said how much he loves and respects teachers. He was just a great server. He cracked jokes with us, asked what we had been doing in disney, etc. etc.

232.jpg

233.jpg

we both loved our food. the steak was great and so were the mashed potatoes. bobby loved his as well and ate every bite. He kept saying how we couldn't believe we had never been here before and how we had to come back.

for dessert I got the Warm Chocolate Banana Torte with ice cream and bobby got the Tiramisu. my dessert was pretty good, not my FAVORITE but still really good. Bobby loved his.

so anyway, we just loved this place. we told danny we were coming back in two days and asked if he would be working. he said yes, ad he said if we couldn't get a reservation to call and ask to speak to him and he would get us one. I also told him we were coming back in May with my parents (which we are)
anyway, this place gets 5 smily face stars.

sprite $2.29
sprite: $2.29
shrimp: $14.00
cheese: $8.00 (he put it as salad on the receipt)
steak: $41.00
ribeye: $45.00
banana dessert: $8.00
tiramisu: $8.00
Total: 128.58
total with tax: $136.94

Ooooooo.... I was so excited when I saw up updated your review. Citricos looks fabulous. I can't wait to try it.

Sorry about the Coral Reef incident. I would have been upset too. That's a memory you can't get back.

My prayers are with you and your family during the loss of your granddaddy.

So glad to hear great things about Citricos. We'll be trying it for the first time in October!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter