• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

It's a Small World - Appreciation Society *50th Anniversary!*

Thanks for the links!
I just checked the first one out and will check out the others when I have more time. :goodvibes

Count me in :goodvibes

I would ride this over and over again. It's a must see in my book. It totally brings you back to your childhood.pixiedust:

Tomorrow marks the 50th anniversary of It's a Small World. I know they are doing some sort of special on Good Morning America.

I'll be riding IASW at WDW in three weeks. Wish I could be at Disneyland tomorrow though!

4tlwug.jpg

Today's marks the 50th anniversary of our beloved attraction!! I will be collecting links about today's festivities and posting them below. Sung a-long to the theme song with my toddler this morning on our commute. I even got a little teary.

LINKS FROM TODAY:

-Download IASW*50 Wallpaper courtesy of Disney Parks Blog

-Interview with Richard Sherman

-World Wild Sing-a-long as aired on Good Morning America

-Disneyland CMs celebrate IASW

I remember going on this ride when I was 6 years old, 25 years ago. I sat next to my mother holding her hand and being amazed at all the languages. Last year, my daughter was 6. We got on the ride and I got to see the same look on her face that undoubtedly was upon mine at her age. I admit it, I teared up a little. I was a really awesome experience and one of the best ever at WDW.

We love Small World. I just found out that there is Small World event this weekend at local Disney Stores. Don't miss it!

I love Small World and I'm in my mid 20s. I remember riding it when I was three years old at Disneyland in 1989 and loving the ride. I just thought it was colorful and had never seen anything like it. I guess you coud say IASW
was my first introduction to world geography. Fast forward to last July, and I'm riding the WDW version with my family and telling my sister ('That's England, over there is France, with those can-can dancers". So, yes, count me in as a member of the Small World Appreciation Society.

I saw the big sing-a-long celebration from all five Disney Parks on Good Morning America this past Thursday and I thought it was fantastic. Here's to 50more, It's a Small World.

I've always enjoyed It's a Small World, but the older I get the more I do. Nostalgia and growth in appreciation for the artistry, meaning, and beautiful -long lasting simplicity have taken root.

I'm in!

So many people don't appreciate the brilliant history, music, and art styles behind this fantastic attraction that Walt Disney worked on!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter