It's a Small World - Appreciation Society *50th Anniversary!*

tofubeast

DIS Veteran
23t2z5j.jpg

Post below to declare yourself a member of the
It's a Small World Appreciation Society!

Who's in? Who's with me?

I feel like IaSW gets a bad rap at times. :mad: I see it over and over again on our boards.

"It would be my version of a living hell to get trapped on that ride."

"I can't stand the song."

"The dolls are creepy."

But I know for many of you out there, you :love: this ride!!

So if you...

-Love the song (thanks Sherman Brothers)

-Get tearful (happy tears) when riding the boats down its canal

-Respect the history of this ride (debuting at the NY World's Fair)

-Appreciate Mary Blair's artistic touch

-Would proudly ride this attraction without force, begging, or bargaining from others...

than YOU, my friend, are a rightful member of the It's a Small World Appreciation Society!

To show off your pride, feel free to add this siggie! Here are 2 different sizes. Just right click and copy the image location or save to your computer.

14wsqyw.jpg
cq8fn.jpg

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

I would be so sad to see anything happen to this ride.

I'd rather stand in line for an hour to see this over anything else on the entire property!

I too like this attraction :thumbsup2. The colors and artistry are at the top. It was my grandparents favorite ride when we went to Disneyland a long time ago. I always think of them when I ride.

I want to join! I love It's a Small World - I like to ride it twice in a row, once on each side of the boat so that I can really focus on one side of the ride at a time and take everything in. :goodvibes

I love IASW. It does get a bad rap here. I don't understand it. Catchy tune and the dolls are just so gorgeous. I don't have any feelings regarding nostalgia or the World's Fair, maybe because I'm too young. But those dolls are just so pretty and I love looking at them and enjoying the creativity. I ride it at least 2-3 times in one trip. There is just so much else to do, or I'd ride it more. Luckily, the rest of the family enjoys it too!

LOVE THIS RIDE!

It's a Small World is a must do in my book. Love the song, love the dolls and love the relaxing atmosphere (in air conditioning!).

The first time I rode IaSW I was 6. I hated water and was convinced the boat would tip over and my whole family would drown. :lmao: My grandma convinced me to ride and I've loved it ever since.

Oh, I am a life-time member of this club.

IASW encapsulates every ounce of Disney magic that was my children's first trip at ages 16 months and 3 years.

My husband and I dreamed of their first trip and wondering what the magic would look like through their eyes. Flying on Dumbo was magical, Ava's first glimpse of Cinderella's castle was pure job - but IASW captured the innocence and wonder of a child. I had tears in my eyes watching them enjoy it! It brought so many memories, that I chose an IASW pin to add t our collections (we don't pin-trade, we each pick a memorable pin each year and collect them).

My dd's and I love this ride. It's educational too, when they can look at the dolls and talk about what country they are from and what they are doing!

I even got stuck on this ride for 10-15 min. and I was OK with it!

you won't believe it, but it's one of my top 3 attractions in the Magic Kingdom! :eek:
It is traditional, happy and cute!

I'm IN, but only because I heard there were snacks involved. If someone points me to the crab dip, I'm in for life! :woohoo:

Truth be told I like the ride. It's cute and it's totally Disney. No matter how delusional you are, when you're on that ride you just know you are at Disney. Hogwarts has no comparison, not to mention enough rides.

The cool kids tend not to like rides like IASW, instead they prefer Big Thunder Mountain Railroad or Space Mountain. I'd rather hang with the nerdy kids that appreciate mini, audio animatrontic, semi functioning dolls that move as if they are suffering from some strange palsy. Nothing too complicated for me! Let's keep life simple and cute shall we? And let's not get into that song.... OK lets! It's really great for humming around annoying co-workers! Once they know that as soon as you see them coming you're going to start humming and get that song stuck in their head they stay Far FAR AWAY! Mission accomplished! :thumbsup2

I make a mean spinach dip so I'll bring that to the next chapter meeting. Should we wear outfits from our favorite countries too? With a little duct tape and some spanx I think I might be able to fit in that Dirndl we have laying around the house....

Let me know....

~Marlton Mom

Count me in! This was my favorite ride when I visited DL for the first time 23 years ago, and my son's favorite ride when he visited WDW for the first time 2 months ago. I love everything about it!

i'm not a :love: of the song however it is a Disney instition (i don't think thats spelt right) so would be a shame if anything happened to it. i will join your society for all that is small! :goodvibes

IASW is Disney to me. everything i remember and love as a child is idealized in that one ride. i absolutely love it and am a proud member of your club.

Oh, my!!! When we arrive at MK we head straight to FantasyLand. Albeit we ride PP 2 0r 3 times first, we then head across to IASW & ride at least twice. It's just so beautiful in there. Occasionally I hear my 10 year old grandson singing the song so guess he would be a member too, lol.

well, sign me up for the club! it broke my heart when we went in Sept 2010 and it was closed. it was my DD(6) first trip, so she missed going on this wonderful happy ride. But, she'll get to go on it next year.

For all the naysayers, this wonderful ride is an institution. If you don't like it, that's cool...less we have to wait on line! I love the song, I love the smell on the ride, I love how cool the air is as your in the boat....mostly, it just makes my heart a little happier after I get off the ride. :goodvibes And who couldn't use a bit more happiness!! ;)

Count me in! I love Mary Blair's artistry.

When I was 4 I wanted to live there! Takes me back to that state if mind every time.

I'm in. In real life, I'm a grouchy cynical nihilist, but put me on this thing and I just marvel at the little characters, and the new things I see every time I ride, and that song, and . . . excuse me, I think there's something in my eye . . . :rotfl2:

I'm in! I love "It's a small world". It would not be a trip to Magic Kingdom without it. We read a book for the class I work in and it reminds me of IASW and it makes me smile every time with play the cd to go with the book.

Count me in too. I love the ride, song and all. The heaters even saved us from freezing one rainy NYE at DL. Of course I will have to save that I like the DL version better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter