It's a Small World - Appreciation Society *50th Anniversary!*

I LOVE it!! Can't wait to ride it soon!

That map is awesome!

IASW is one of our all time favorites and an absolute MUST do for both my wife and me. The music...the Disney spirit...what a great show! DLR or WDW...both are great! If you get a chance though, try to make it to DLR for IASW during the holidays. Holy cow...the decorations and lights are really special.

So please add us to the list! :thumbsup2

I love IaSW! I know a lot of people hate the song, but it's a personal favorite of mine. I will admit that the dolls kind of creep out a little, but not enough to keep me from riding it every trip.

ADD ME, PLEASE.
IASW was the ONLY ride that my dd could ride when she was an infant that did NOT make her cry. We continue to ride and my dd is 14, now. :lmao:

When I was a teenager, my mother dragged me onto It's a Small World the one and only time we went to Disneyland, insisting, "You haven't really been to Disney unless you've ridden this." :cool2:

So of course I do the same to my own kids. ;) Although we go to WDW.

I do think the DL version has the edge, not just because it's the one from the World's Fair but also because of the front with the clock and the marching dolls. And the topiaries. :love:

In DL they also added the characters into the lands last time it was updated. DH and I had to ride twice in a row because we missed the first character or two because we didn't realize.

Also who else gas walked into the Disney store, they now have all the dolls and book with cd from the ride.

Also who else gas walked into the Disney store, they now have all the dolls and book with cd from the ride.

I want one (or 2 or 3... or ALL) of those dolls so bad. Waiting for the next time they go on sale. I love how much they truly look like the Mary Blair dolls in the ride. They are so sweet.

When I was a teenager, my mother dragged me onto It's a Small World the one and only time we went to Disneyland, insisting, "You haven't really been to Disney unless you've ridden this." :cool2:

So of course I do the same to my own kids. ;) Although we go to WDW.

I do think the DL version has the edge, not just because it's the one from the World's Fair but also because of the front with the clock and the marching dolls. And the topiaries. :love:

Yes, DL's is not only the original, but longer too. I grew up in Socal, so I have many fond memories of the DL version. I haven't seen it lit up for Christmas with the overlay. Hoping to see it in '15!

ADD ME, PLEASE.
IASW was the ONLY ride that my dd could ride when she was an infant that did NOT make her cry. We continue to ride and my dd is 14, now. :lmao:

It's Disney magic at its finest.

Can you believe IASW is nearly 50 years old!!!! The NY World's fair opened 4/22/64.

Who saw IASW at the actual fair? I didn't exist then, but I absolutely love anything and everything about the Fair. Wish I could get in a time machine.

In honor of the Fair, there are lots of amazing books coming out. I will try to post some in the near future. Here's a great website devoted to all things Fair-- http://nywf64.com/

Here's a fabulous video of IASW at the NYWF! Enjoy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZUEiyvbCcM

This ride means a lot to me. It is one of the few things I remember about my very first trip to Disney World when I was only 3. I would just point and point at the dancing dolls to get my Mom to look at them too (as if she wasn't looking). I believe it represents my lifelong love of World Travel and Disney and the beauty in diversity. Long live Small World!!! Thank you Sherman Brothers!

One of our favs too! Just one of those must-do rides! And now DD has had the experience of riding at both DL and WDW. When we went to DL when she was 4 1/2 my parents took her on it several times because it's one of their favs...they will always have those memories together!

My son's favorite ride (he was 2.5 when we went) and we had to go on it 4 times in a row! Good going the lines were short! Now I have to hum the song when he goes to sleep at night!

I LOVE IT'S A SMALL WORLD!!!

I always adored it as a kid, and now that I'm grown up and have traveled outside the US a little bit, it's so fun for me to pick out the different countries and see how many I can recognize. To me, Small World is a Disney classic. There have been times when I rode Small World and immediately got back in line to ride it again!

My first Disney memory was when I was 6, and my parents took my sister and I to Pinocchio Village Haus for a snack, I remember drinking my chocolate milk watching the boats sail by from the window that overlooks IaSW. It was all so colorful and magical!!

Another great memory I have of Small World was with my DH in Disneyland Paris a few years ago... as we were on the boat cruising along, we got to the very last room in which everything is in a white and gold motif and DH blurts out "is this part heaven??" LOL.

Don't have kiddos of my own yet, but they will be Small World fans too someday!

I LOVE IT'S A SMALL WORLD!!!

I always adored it as a kid, and now that I'm grown up and have traveled outside the US a little bit, it's so fun for me to pick out the different countries and see how many I can recognize. To me, Small World is a Disney classic. There have been times when I rode Small World and immediately got back in line to ride it again!

My first Disney memory was when I was 6, and my parents took my sister and I to Pinocchio Village Haus for a snack, I remember drinking my chocolate milk watching the boats sail by from the window that overlooks IaSW. It was all so colorful and magical!!

Another great memory I have of Small World was with my DH in Disneyland Paris a few years ago... as we were on the boat cruising along, we got to the very last room in which everything is in a white and gold motif and DH blurts out "is this part heaven??" LOL.

Don't have kiddos of my own yet, but they will be Small World fans too someday!

So sweet. Just wait till you ride the original at Disneyland!! Hopefully, you get to see it all decked out for Christmas.

I think It's a Small World might just be my favourite Disney ride... I go back and forth between it and some of the other classic rides.

Have to say, based on my trips to Magic Kingdom in Feb 2012 and Disneyland in Aug 2013, It's a Small World is a lot better in Disneyland than the one at MK. I know it is grander at Disneyland but other things too, like maintenance, decor, everything was better at the Disneyland version.

I know there has been quite a lot of discussion about bringing in characters to Small World (e.g. dolls of Ariel, Aladdin, etc) but I have to say, they were fantastic additions to the Disneyland version that I hope have been or will be incorporated into the MK version.

It's a must do at Disney, what a wonderful ride!

I love this ride and it is the ride I am the most excited for my kids to ride. My dad, a very quiet/tough guy, LOVES this ride... it is his absolute favorite and we would ride it a couple of times just for him :)

Just FYI for anyone who likes the Small World animator dolls: The new ones, Mexico & China are available on line and on sale for $20.00! Just ordered my Mexico doll for my daughter!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter