Is there really no August 2013 thread yet?

bartleby1 said:
Just fill out the form on their site for a quote. I used Darcy and she was great. The deal I got was for POR and there was nothing listed on the site that I could find that even listed POR. Can't hurt to fill out the form. :)

Did you use the August discount or the Labor Day one?

Sorry - finally found it - I was on a different site. Dates don't work for us - going on 8/15-8/21/13. Fall offer does not start until 18th and other ends early:(

I booked beach club for $190 per night with ***. Anyone know the rate per night for the grand Floridian? For the Labor Day exclusive.

For the early August deal, room at YC plus tickets, I think we ended up saving about 35% off what we would have paid rack rate from Disney.

Sorry - finally found it - I was on a different site. Dates don't work for us - going on 8/15-8/21/13. Fall offer does not start until 18th and other ends early:(

My suggestion is to still ask for a quote on the Labor Day deal. Our dates are Aug 15th - 26th & our agent was able to get the deal for our entire stay. We are paying $3351 for YC ~ 11nights, 6 day tix with water parks option.

Booked at yacht club through *** 6 nights 5 day base tickets plus water park, 2 adults, 2 kids-$2100.

Just booked Yacht Club - club level - 3 adults, 2 kids (8 & 10), 8 day tickets, free water park day - 8 nights (8/18 to 8/26) - $3921.98. Was hoping for standard room but all sold out for our dates. Looking forward to trying Club Level for the first time, though!! :cheer2: (If I'm figuring correctly, it's about a 50% discount on the room.)

I booked 8 nights at YC standard room for 2 adults, 8 day tickets plus water park for $2243.68. GF would have been $2783.76. This is such a crazy good deal!

My suggestion is to still ask for a quote on the Labor Day deal. Our dates are Aug 15th - 26th & our agent was able to get the deal for our entire stay. We are paying $3351 for YC ~ 11nights, 6 day tix with water parks option.
I did exactly that & booked yacht club with tickets for under $2000.00 with Michelle! Just want to thank you all so much!!!! I am so excited to go now:)

Trying to decide if its best to try and book with *** or wait till the room only rates come out. We are a family of 6 and I'm assuming that means 2 rooms?

I have been reading good things about *** does anyone know how they are able to offer such savings? Do the packages include regular tx? If free dining comes out can it be applied???:confused3

I did exactly that & booked yacht club with tickets for under $2000.00 with Michelle! Just want to thank you all so much!!!! I am so excited to go now:)

Good for you! Never hurts to inquire! I know that they told me the promo she was using for me technically ended on the 20th, but she was able to somehow get approval to extend it a few extra days for me. :) I'm just happy I heard about them on the boards because we had given up hope of staying onsite until I got the quote from ***. They sure did spread some Disney magic to our family!

Is this a good price:

Family of 6 (so two rooms), YC for 6 nights with a 4 day base ticket (no hopper). $3,721.06

I have been reading good things about *** does anyone know how they are able to offer such savings? Do the packages include regular tx? If free dining comes out can it be applied???:confused3

From what I understand, the agency books blocks of rooms at each resort. By booking large groups of rooms as a block (kind of like when someone books a block of rooms for a conference or a wedding), Disney discounts the overall price for the agency. They then pass the savings on to their customers.

The packages include the same tickets you would get if you booked a Magic Your Way package through Disney. You can choose how many days you want and whether or not you want park hoppers.

Regarding free dining, no that cannot be added. You typically cannot have two discounts applied to the same reservation. One of the August deals with *** (the Labor Day one) does not allow you to even add the dining plan at regular cost (fine for us, since we do not do a lot of sit down meals).

I believe if free dining does come out for your dates, they could re-evaluate you reservation and might be able to book you into the deal that saves you the most money.

Is this a good price:

Family of 6 (so two rooms), YC for 6 nights with a 4 day base ticket (no hopper). $3,721.06

According to the Disney site, and assuming you were talking about 6 nights in the middle of August, one standard room at YC for 2 adults and 1 child, with 4 day base tickets would be about $3200. Two rooms for six nights, assuming each room containing 2 adults (age 10 and over) and 1 child, with 4 day base tickets for all would be approx. $6400.00.

It looks good to me based upon what you would pay if you booked through Disney directly.

Happy Dance...

2 rooms at Beach Club for 6 nights for 2 adults, 4 children, plus 4 base park tickets. I priced it through disney and it would be $6500. But we are paying $3700!! thanks for the info on ***!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter