Is it weird to do character meets as an adult with no children?

Marie is so sweet! I had a great time meeting her! Aristocats was the first movie I ever bought with my own money when I was little and it has always been one of my favorites.

Another thing I like to do is Disneybounding - or dressing similar to the characters - which is another great ice breaker and makes for some really fun photos. :)

Here's my picture with Marie as an example:

20150822_131337.jpg
Very sweet :-)

How did meeting Marie go? Also I noticed that the characters get the best reactions with older guests and even young ones. I once made Marie very flattered and started flirting with me during my third visit last May.

It was amazing! She was so sweet! I told her that her and her brothers were my favorite and she got very excited and kissed my cheek! It was adorable!

It was amazing! She was so sweet! I told her that her and her brothers were my favorite and she got very excited and kissed my cheek! It was adorable!
If only I gotten a chance to ask her about Edgar after the events of the film.

We have a blast adult only with the character meals
We did crt 2 times cp akerhous asker house garden grill all on on our last adult only trip
This one we are doing all but crt and adding ohana again as an adult only trip

What she's out during the Princess Half Marathon? I wonder what area she is usually spotted at and when is the marathon usually held?

brb going to look for video footage of that marathon.

The MARATHON is in January.

The Princess HALF Marathon is in February - usually the weekend AFTER Presidents' Day. There isn't a Princess Marathon.

My husband and I love meeting characters and have done several fast passes for character meet and greets. I will admit he is much better at it than I and has such great conversations with them which make the experience that much more fun. Don't ever let not having a child shy you away for this disney experience! It's your chance to be a kid again, embrace it!

I went in Sept as a solo 32yr old male. Character meet and greets might be my fav thing about WDW. I came up with something to say to each character. I met almost every character at WDW. I even had fast pass for Anna and Elsa, Mickey, Mickey and friends, Tinker Bell, the princesses and a few more. I did 3 character meals, and 2 Halloween parties. I love every bit of it. If u have any questions just ask. Never thought twice about meeting characters because of age or being a guy.

Nope - not weird. Well, once I had a weird conversation with a handler who asked me "where's your family" and "oh, you're traveling alone and want to see characters?". But I think that was the odd reaction - most handlers and others do not react differently at all to adults. However, I don't think I would do a character meal alone (when I first read the thread title, this is how I read it "MEAL" not "meet"). I did this once at Liberty Tree Tavern many years ago and it was weird for me. The characters and staff were perfectly nice and fine but I didn't think it was something I would do again especially since LTT was a family style food restaurant then (not sure about now) and the food was only so-so. As an adult, I would rather pay a premium to dine on good food instead of paying for so-so food and good character interaction.

Nope - not weird. Well, once I had a weird conversation with a handler who asked me "where's your family" and "oh, you're traveling alone and want to see characters?". But I think that was the odd reaction - most handlers and others do not react differently at all to adults. However, I don't think I would do a character meal alone (when I first read the thread title, this is how I read it "MEAL" not "meet"). I did this once at Liberty Tree Tavern many years ago and it was weird for me. The characters and staff were perfectly nice and fine but I didn't think it was something I would do again especially since LTT was a family style food restaurant then (not sure about now) and the food was only so-so. As an adult, I would rather pay a premium to dine on good food instead of paying for so-so food and good character interaction.

That is rare. Every once in a while, someone is weird about it, but that their weirdness, not yours. I think people are afraid to do things alone and they project it onto other people.

As for meals, I have done it a few times. The first was 1900 Park Fare. It was really loud and chaotic and the tables are super close together. Cinderella is my favorite, so I was kind of too concerned about getting pictures to enjoy. Nothing to do with me being alone though! I have also eaten at Tusker House, because I like the food. The characters are just a bonus. I wouldn't go somewhere for characters unless I also like the food though. You didn't really ask for a character meal review, did you? lol To bring it back on topic, character meals alone are not weird either. The characters are great and there's always a nice person to take a picture for you.

Meeting Mickey Mouse in person brings out the 11 year old in me.. next summer I'll finally be back in the World end of July, and my MUST do is to meet talking Mickey for the first time in the Magic Kingdom.. though I think I'll burst out in tears when he actually talks to me .. haha..

That will sound weird to some people.. but I really don't care.. it'll make me the happiest person in the world for that moment .. The same thing came over me the first time I went to WDW after many many (32) years of dreaming about it and standing there in front of the station at the magic kingdom.. watching the opening ceremony.. and there he came.. Mickey & friends on the train.. it was the best and most magical moment .. it's hard to explain to people who haven't seen it.. Or the moment I first saw him appear on top of the mountain in the final scene from Fantastic and hearing the cheers of all the crowd around me... Mickey is all about optimism and joy to me.. and I'll never be ashamed to have a meet and greet with him without kids.. cause there'll always be a kid inside me.. waiting to burst out at the sight of him.. :)
970828_10201880024745851_53705_n.jpg

537195_10201880042866304_593258738_n.jpg
Great post and pic!!! Reminds me of my Mickey meet at Epcot this last Saturday. Mickey pointed at my plush sorcerer Mickey & made the motion of signing it & I said, "Sure you can sign it!" He was so energetic & hugged & touched my face which made me cry happy tears. Inner child was bursting! Such a precious moment!image.jpeg image.jpeg

Always do the meals when I go and love meeting all characters!
Have gotten many nasty comments from people with children when waiting in line though. :/

Always do the meals when I go and love meeting all characters!
Have gotten many nasty comments from people with children when waiting in line though. :/

Those people just need to get a life and quit worrying about what other people are doing.

I'm curious to see how many adults might meet the characters from Zootopia if they ever show up in the parks.

I'm 24 and while meeting characters isn't my favorite thing to do, I am not shy about doing it at all! If you pay close attention, there are plenty of adults without children who are in line to meet characters. It's all part of the Disney experience! I can't even be an adult at Disney!

How did meeting Marie go? Also I noticed that the characters get the best reactions with older guests and even young ones. I once made Marie very flattered and started flirting with me during my third visit last May.

Marie was one of the few characters I met on my last trip, she was so adorable!

I have done many character meets - for photos, the cast members and characters have treated us like we were big kids. I have never gotten a nasty comment from guests with children, if they did say something that is their problem. We waited in line like everyone else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter