Is it weird to do character meets as an adult with no children?

On my partially solo trip in 2014 I was concerned about standing in line for characters as an adult with no kids but I quickly got over that. I ended up with some great pictures and had a blast.

My 2 favorites were with the Pooh and friends characters at the MNSSHP and the Beast at BOG. With the Beast, the photographer had asked if I wanted a picture of myself and my friend or alone and I said "by myself" so the Beast went off and stood by my friend so I was truly in the picture by myself. Everyone in the room was laughing. At the party I was wearing a belt similar to the one Tigger had on so he pointed at it and started to clap. He tried to move Eeyore out of the way so he could stand next to me and I told him I wanted a picture next to Eeyore because he is my favorite character. Tigger went to the far side of the area, turned his back to the camera and crossed his arms in a pout.... It was amazing, and I was 37.

I figure I am there for the same reason everyone else is, and if I want to spend my time in line or at a character meal to get pictures with the characters I'm not going to worry about what anyone else thinks.

I don't think it's weird or awkward at all! I just got back from a solo trip a few weeks ago. I did 35 character meet and greets!

I'm 32 and have no children, I absolutely love meeting characters and it's all part of the Disney experience to me. Never find it weird or awkward, if you want to meet characters no matter your age, who you're there with etc then do it

A couple of years ago I went to MNSSHP and had a photo taken with the 7 Dwarfs and then waited in line for my girl Snow. I had a great time talking with people in line and the characters were awesome. Prince Charming was very gracious about borrowing his wife :) and Snow White asked me if Dopey behaved himself when I was with them. I told her he had no choice he was surrounded by the others.

I just got back from a solo trip and I did the Character Spot at Epcot and it wasn't awkward at all. I did make a fast pass for it, as I wouldn't have wanted to wait in a long line for it. But had I been with someone, I still wouldn't have wanted to wait in a long line then either.

DS loves to meet the fur characters, so we do alot of meet/greets lines. I have never not seen adult-only groups (or individual people) in line.

My DH and I went on our first trip to WDW last fall and met a lot of characters, as just two adults, no kids -- and each and every one of the characters was welcoming and happy to talk to us. I applaud their attitude!

The handler CMs... don't get quite the same accolades from me. They often made us feel rushed. We'd watch a family with children take pics in ten different poses for ten minutes, but then we'd step up, they'd snap one pic, and the handler would start to wave us on. We didn't mind waiting for others, but when it was our turn we wanted to enjoy it and not get scurried on our way. So, we didn't let it bother us, because the characters themselves never ONCE made us feel hurried or unwanted. f we wanted to stay and talk for a minute we did, and if we wanted another picture or two we asked for it. No more, and no less, than any other group. And it was fine.

I loved meeting Piglet at CP (I was wearing a pink striped shirt), the Beast at dinner at BOG... and the highlight of my trip, meeting Sulley in DHS. (Sadly, that M&G is ending, I believe). Sulley is my favorite character, hands down. I was the first person in line to meet him, and as I approached I told him he was my favorite. After this hug, some pics with my DH and Mike included, Sulley kissed my hand as I left. I turned to face the crowd and said, "I'm never washing it again!"

-OayIhTrSq1mGqKBBwThmofwsIQQbDGiu6F8fT_SPJYuBr3imbC9loABnsVwUYdTb67SrqRpdQWnR1FhVfJfddHoUwayZVshXMciEGadixZmBgSjhYEc6CvucRWNqyEunNuAb1ioqQa8vCtmLZ6H3xEL1TaUUea5kkIkX58--i6xYl-MW52HUhdFgxdvCAgBX7b-3jPOofF1FGlSa2sh6gSZYtHy41nEj8hO_6Z6n2sZ_7xV53eK43CaHPOlBYXfQ7ntH3hFcM2Vla7WMiyTnvro7aZqICzX2tl4kttk1KP7fa3wkMVuHuO6OioqPkKpJsQjhzkI9w00s5AeIWZPGFKP6KWHYBni7Oyg2U5qsOMUyZpboKQpqXxUTS1eLwrYns3SotIA_ikk2Oh9utroZKMejoqV7_Eq6dDjCDbXAnHX_Gq3s4a2t6zYIx-fhYMYmcBRdF_RuaamilngmdTCSjDVFnVuHWYEds3D-4hT0gabZh41hI5z6l9oZ141ONcXZ8HsQ3_OdEcspWCe0XKPrdVGATrR6zRqBmUQv9zaZ0_pjTGJpzVe4BTzqWlapGWXuP4qYw=w422-h633-no

Just wondering if anyone on here goes to meet any of the characters in the parks without children. I haven't ever really done so myself but was thinking about it next time I go. The first time I went to WDW I was 19 so I've never really done any. Do you feel like you're being judged negatively for it? I did a quick search online which came up with a few blog posts from people saying its annoying and should be left for the kids. How were the interactions with the characters?
If you think you will feel uncomfortable, then you might feel exactly that. I felt weird with Mickey in a little room in MK, but just fine with Donald Duck outside in Epcot.

I feel so much better after reading these posts! Im going solo for a week and May and always look for new things to do every time I visit (Ive been over 25 times, this will be my second solo trip). I realized I havent gotten pictures with any characters since I was very little and this time Im making it my goal to get some meet and greets in. Im either very shy or very outgoing theres no middle ground so Im hoping that meeting some characters wont be too difficult for me. Thanks for the encouragement!

I feel so much better after reading these posts! Im going solo for a week and May and always look for new things to do every time I visit (Ive been over 25 times, this will be my second solo trip). I realized I havent gotten pictures with any characters since I was very little and this time Im making it my goal to get some meet and greets in. Im either very shy or very outgoing theres no middle ground so Im hoping that meeting some characters wont be too difficult for me. Thanks for the encouragement!

You'll be fine. I'm the same way! 99.99999% of characters will be very friendly and sweet, and you won't feel awkward at all. The very small other percentage will be all business and you'll say hello, take a picture and go, so no awkwardness there either!

Not weird at all, my wife & I always meet the characters, last trip we met Anna & Elsa, Cinderella & Repunzel and Mickey!

My adult friends and I met Mary Poppins, Mickey and Minnie on our last trip! We meet characters each time we go - and no kids!

I think it's fine I am over 50 but at WDW I turn into a 12 yo . I mean I am not going push children out of the way , but if I see a opportunity I will get a picture. :) Danny

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter